Posted by Akala
Digon

Re: suscpicious usage - Web connector

Yes that was my suspicion too. But as my mother is in another country there's no way I can connect to her unless it's via the net. I'm on a disability pension so there's no way I can afford to buy a commercial licence, and nor should I. I'm only using it for personal use. But you're right, if I could buy it to connect to one account for [The price has been removed as per the community guideline.] I probably would, just to stop the annoyance. And I wish I could connect for 2 minutes but most of the time I get kicked after 10 seconds, I don't even get to look at her screen in that time much less try and translate it and tell her what to do. Plus it's complicated by the fact that she lives in a nursing home in one city but also has a small apartment in Paris, with phones, tablets laptops and computers in both. Maybe that's why they think it's commercial, but that would be their mistake. And I can't correct it if they won't answer me :(

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

I was happy that I've just received an email from TV saying that my TV has been reset to free... I said, ok let's give it a try, maybe we're badmouthing here? And of course, it didn't work, as the machines I'm connecting to now trigger the warning! So actually you would need to submit individual "pardon" demands for each and every TV ID you're connecting to (they even say that the reset is not per TV account, but per ID). What a waste of time.... Instead of one demand, I have now 5 to fill... Pathetic.

Posted by Alissa
Digon

I got one too! They actually review the requests, that's conforting. I'm following up with the signed declaration of personal use.

I guess you have to submit one form for your own ID and one for the PC you connect to the most. I hope this works :)

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

Actually, I still think you would need to make requests for ALL the possible TV IDs you're connecting to, even if you seldom connect. Otherwise, as soon as you'll connect to a less frequent ID, it'll trigger the warning again and "contaminate" the main TV ID.

Posted by Akala
Digon

Hmm ok well I guess I better send off another form with all of my mother's IDs, though I never gave them hers last time and they still managed to contact her to ask her about me connecting to her. I wish they'd just talk to me instead, this has been dragging on for weeks now

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@Akala : I don't know if you do like me, but I save all the IDs I connect to (my 2 other PCs, my mum's and my brother's) in my TV account: I've just gone to the TV website, click Login and in the list of managed PCs I went to the properties and noted down the IDs. My issue is that I tried the version 9 workaround, and uninstalling 14 and reinstalling 9 generated new IDs, and of course I don't remember which is which, so I'm to do 9 different demands...

Posted by Akala
Digon

Yes, I do that too - I've given them names too like 'mum's phone' 'mum's paris tablet' etc ;) It makes it easier so I don't need to ask her for the ID and password each time. I think I'm going to fill in another form with all my IDs and her IDs and see if they'll finally fix my account. I'd hate to accidentally undo all this work by missing an ID somewhere. Good luck, I know it's not fun doing all that :(

Posted by BuitreSky
Henagon

Now I get the message saying that I'm using teamviewer for commercial fine and that I have to use the paid version.

Hello,

after a while d have gone to version 14, I can no longer use the application.

Now I get the message saying that I'm using teamviewer for commercial fine and that I have to use the paid version.

I only use teamviewer to connect to my PCs and my mother's and my fire's, I do not think that's commercial use. How can I find out why this happens?

Thank you,
a greeting

Posted by AriannaMicrochi
Digon

Re: Now I get the message saying that I'm using teamviewer for commercial fine and that I have to use the paid version.

I already had this problem in October 2018. I wrote to teamviewer and after a while they unlocked my account.
Now they believe again that it is used for commercial purposes.
I use it only to get on the pc of dad, mom and my sister.
And I use it from my home or office pc (depending on where I am when the family needs).
But if every time they have to block it and not have it available when I need it ... then it's useless to unblock it, I change directly the product and that's it. Just let Teamviewer say it first and I change software.
Posted by uniacidz
Photon

Re: Now I get the message saying that I'm using teamviewer for commercial fine and that I have to use the paid version.

Yeh me too

Only use it once in a blue moon for my 75yr old mother and now this new version is saying i am a commercial entity and have to pay for it?

Also got limited to 3 minutes use.

Not cool

Posted by Filippo52
Photon

Posted by Filippo52
Photon

Yes me to; after 10 years I use teamviewer with friends and relatives now I find myself forced to look for another "free" product. I certainly can not pay for the software as well as giving my friends time.
In the meantime I have seen that with win 10 there is an App including remote control.
but it's a shame because I was used to using teamviewer. I'll make a reason for it

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@Akala : for me the page: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/ seems to be working only for one TV ID submitted at once. Moreover, in my attempt to use the version 9 workaround, I've uninstalled 14 and reinstalled 9. So I got new TV IDs. Of course, I'm not sure which is which (which one corresponds to version 9, and which one corresponds to version 14). I've just finished submitting individual requests for all TV IDs, let's see what happens. 

Posted by Rute
Henagon

Re: Free license usage level restrictions and Commercial license

Im having the same problem. I use it fix my folks tablets. Dat is 86 and Mom is 80 and if they encounter a problem all they know is to click on the H which then connects to me and I fix their issue. Now, Teamviewer notifies me they suspect Im using it commercially...seriously?
Im not impressed
Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

That's sad. Did you submit the form so that TV team can follow up and investigate the case?
Posted by Rute
Henagon

I have filled in and sent in a form....not sure how long they take to respond.  Now I have to tell my folks that sorry I cant help them, and now they cant communicate with anyone.  The tablets are their lifeline and when companies behave like this, its rather sickening.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

I was thinking of something, even if it's somewhat very utopic: we're here lots and lots of free users; what if we could "make" a "virtual corporation"? A corporate License with Unlimited Endpoints (but only 3 concurrent sessions) is "only" 125 euro / month; say we're 250 free users, for each of us that would be 0,50 euros / month. Of course, the price for unlimited sessions (or limited to 1 / 2 per user) would be higher, but we're definitely more than 250 free users... 

Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

You have to wait at least 2 weeks for them to respond to your case. I am having similar case, I submitted the form in early Jan, I got the email from TV two weeks after, but still can't use it.
Anyway, good luck!
Posted by nhunguyen
Henagon

Please help!

Screenshots.GIF

I can't connect with my computers. I always use Teamviewer for private. I had connect with 3-4 computers in my company for personally. Not commercial. Please help me!

Posted by jacobus
Henagon

Trial version expired.

Hello, I am writing to ask you to solve my Teamviewer's problem.

I am not a native speaker of English and I am not good at English, so my writing may have a grammar error. So I apologize in advance.

Last time I said in this community that my trial has expired in my teamview.

But the last time my article broke the rules. So I write again.

Let me recap my present situation in this article.

I log in and use my personal account for a very personal purpose in my TeamViewer (**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs.**).

Suddenly, a Teamviewer installed on my laptop said the trial version had expired.

I couldn't help feeling embarrassed.

So I ask this community to solve my problems.

Thank you for reading my unperfect writings so far.

Then I'll finish writing. Bye.

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Please help!

Hi @nhunguyen,

Thank you for your post. 

If you connect from or to a computer in your company, this is defined as commercial use.

I recommend you to read through this article. If you think, TeamViewer falsely detected commercial use, you can fill out the form in the article to request the resolving of your issue. 

Thank you very much and have a great day.

All the best,
Natascha

6 Replies
Posted by ursula6
Electron

Commercial use suspected

Hello,
In the last days I got the message "commercial use suspected" and the connections only last 1 min.
How can I solve it?

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Trial version expired.

Hi @jacobus,

Thank you for your message. 

Can you please have a look at this article

Please fill out the form to send a request. :) 

Hope this could help and wish you a great day. 

All the best,
Natascha

Posted by Mr_Wolf
Henagon

Hi, for some weeks, I've been getting the message that I'm using TeamViewer for commercial use, but I've always used it to connect remotely to my computers and phones (I mean: they are all devices that belong to my account).
I tried several time to submit a ticket, but no answer. :/
Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@Mr_Wolf : it doesn't matter if the devices you're connecting to are saved to your account or not. I can only guess what the "new" faulty algorithm does to detect non-personal usage:

- opening more than one connection at once

- opening one connection as soon as another one closes

- opening a connection over the Internet

etc. etc. 

Posted by Mr_Wolf
Henagon

Ok, I just hope someone will solve this.
Posted by Pinpin
Henagon

non Business Licensing Issue

Hi,

i cant no longer use teamviewer since 2 days. Teamviewer is telling me that i used the software for business purposes, in spite of exclusive private uses.

Can you help me please to get my teamviewer back ?

thx ! :)

Posted by louarn
Electron

Re: non Business Licensing Issue

Hi,

+1

Exactly the same issue.

@support team : could you please review the algorithm to determine personal and professional usage ? :) Many of us are advanced IT guys... so our usage could look like professional usage, but it isn't :s making it very frustrating, and pushing us on alternative solutions :(

Thanks,

Posted by SereneRebel
Digon

Completely Ridiculous handling of issues

Well it seems us lowly peasants are not permitted to use TV any longer. I was away on holiday and attempted to log into my pc at home to play a game as i have done for a long time and was met with  the much hated "PAY US" window....

All my PC's are linked to my account and i only ever connect to them but alas this didnt stop TV killing all my pc's

Ok fine i sent off the request to reset and well.... nothing... it has been over 6 weeks and still no reply nothing. i am ultimately disappointed in the companies handling of it's userbase. if you want to cull free users then say so and move on. I have forthwith discontinued using TV at my business of which we do pay for it. It's stinks of underhanded money grab to me.

Letting everyone know that i doubt it's going to get any better and we should look for alternatives that have a little more professionalism

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Completely Ridiculous handling of issues

I went back to version 9 and didnt have the issue, but now I am limited to 5mins and have to wait 15mins before I can reconnect.

Seriously I am leaving TV and will look for another vendor.

Posted by Pegaltor007
Henagon

TeamViewer says I'm using it commercially, but it's not true.

I've been using TeamViewer for a long time for personal purposes.

Two weeks ago I tried to make a call with a friend of mine in Dubai (I'm from Spain) and we had several cuts because connectivity there is horrible.

In the UAE the external connections are very often restricted, so we tried, we tried and finally we could talk for some minutes but after that, I started getting a message that TeamViewer detected a commercial usage and it lets me use it for 1 minute and it stops.

I'm using it to talk to friends I have all around the world, never used for commercial purposes.

Who can help me to fix this problem, please?.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

What we don't know, and we can only guess (but it looks very much like this is the situation), this is not a bug, but a feature (i.e. they want, for an unknown reason (at least to us), to convert free users to an expensive license). If this is the case, then there is nothing much to hope for.

Posted by tonaz
Digon

totally agree.

it is a subtle try to convert users.

switching to **Third Party Product** or **Third Party Product**.

bye bye TV

Posted by Akala
Digon

I finally got an email to say they've set my back to free - but that was before I found out I have to list all the IDs I use and connect to, so we'll see how I go on Saturday when I try to connect to my Mother overseas. I'm not very hopeful :(

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@Akala : I did receive the email as well, but as soon as I connected to another ID of mine, boom. The warning came again. I resubmitted the forms for all the IDs...

Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

That's very sad! ! I have similar situation and I've submitted the form since early Jan. I rec'd an email from TV saying my account will reset but in fact nothing changed with the "commercial use suspected" pump up. No hope!
Posted by Akala
Digon

Did you try it? I tried mine for about 15 minutes today, it still gave the commercial warning at the beginning but it didn't kick me out and at the end it said free. I'll give it a proper test over the weekend with a different computer, we'll see if that makes it fall over

Posted by William68
Henagon

Reset to free but nothing change

Hello,

I'm using TV since a couple of year. Unfortunatly since a few week my connection stay open only 1 minute. 

I understand that is happening because TV think it's a profesionnal use. 

I made an email for explanation and I received an answer telling me that my ID was reset to free. But since this email nothing changed. 

Do i have to change something? or wait more than 4 days? 

Thanks

Posted by morogroup
Henagon

considered commercial for error

Hi

it's my first time.

I'm a personal user with 2 pc (the first to control  the second one). How to send a message to support to continue in the use of teamviewer that in this moment is suspende because I'm considered commercial user?

thanks and regards

morogroup

Posted by stevep
Trigon

Are you sure nothing has changed? When I was notified, after a month, that my personal use status was restored, a nag screen still popped up saying I was suspected of commercial use. I didn't bother to go past that point for quite a while, but when I did, I found my usage had in fact been restored. The nasty nag screen still appears, but all is still working fine.
Posted by SereneRebel
Digon

Yes i have been trying every couple days since and sometimes i will get 1-2 minutes some times will not even connect. still no email from them about the reset i sent in december

Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

I tried and I was disconnected in 1-2 minutes time... that's so sad!
Posted by nhunguyen
Henagon

Thank you your reply. But I just use Teamviewer to transfer the files beetween my computers. There is no payment in my activities. What do I need to dp to prevent this case happening again? I can't complete my work beacuse of problem. 

Posted by OldSurferDude
Trigon

If you're just using TV to transfer files, it would be easier to use cloud services.  Google has one, it's called Drive.  You can configure it so that you use file manager to drop into a folder, and in less than a few minutes it appears in the corresponding folder of your destination computer.  I am confident it works with MAC, too.

When I need to share files with linux devices (including Raspberry Pi), I use a network attached storage (NAS)  Most newer routers will allow you to attach an external USB drive to it and the combination acts as an NAS.  This latter is faster than cloud based services and can be used on to share files on all OS's.

Digon

Teamviewer is not responding. So I have to uninstall it? This is useless. I would have liked an answer before changing the product.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

AFAIK, the file transfer speed was drastically limited for free users.

Posted by yongkangbi
Photon

about restore the personal free version.

Incorrect choice of commercial use during installation, resulting in a trial period. How to restore the personal free version.

Digon

I have no problem with speed.

"Teamviever group" is not responding about my problem (Commercial use, but it' a private use)

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@AriannaMicrochi : no one from TV will respond in this thread, you'll need to look at the 1st page, there's a link to a form you'll need to fill and wait for an eventual answer... 

Digon

Yes, I have filled out the form. I'm waiting for an answer.

But if it must happen often, I'll change product.