Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi Kbreaux01, 

Thank you for your post!

If you accidentally chose "commercial use" during the installation and wish to revert back to a private version, this is something we would need to take a look at on our end. 

Could you therefore please submit a ticket on our website following the instructions in this post: 

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-11/Your-trial-period-has-expired/m-p/2988#M587

Thank you in advance! We look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Katharina

• Greetings,

I started to use Teamviewer 12 to manage remotely my home computers.  As it is personal use, I thought that I was allowed to use TeamViewer free.

2 Windows 10 machines give me no problem.  However, the home server is running Windows Server 2016 and it is on time limited "free trial", although I selected personal use.

The first time I extended the free trial.  Today I totally uninstalled TeamViewer from the machine, leaving me with only two computers on free personal use licensing.  I then reinstalled TeamViewer on the home server and no joy, still on a 6 day trial.

Is there a way to have this machine on free personal use licence, or I am doomed because it is a server version of Windows ?

Thank you !

• nemikejr
    nemikejr Posts: 1

I am getting an Error popup saying "The trial license of your connection partner has expired.  As your connection partner uses TeamViewer commercially, either one of you (one of the connection partners) needs a valid TeamViewer license.   If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us!"

My work computer is running Server 2016 and my home computer is a Mac Pro 2008, the team viewer on the Mac says "Free license (non-commercial use only)" and the work TeamViewer doesn't have that yellow bar.

Plus every time I try to use the TeamViewer client at work it says it can't validate if it's been run on this device before...

Thanks, Mike

• HuolSam
    HuolSam Posts: 5

i think teamviewer doesn't offer a non-commercial use for servers .. i had the same problem before with windows server 2008.

• Danariel
    Danariel Posts: 1

I'm a new user, just used it for the first time today to help my Mom. I also had the session timeout after 5 minutes, and the message about commercial use. 

• vic_wid
    vic_wid Posts: 1
  • hi

• mainejames
    mainejames Posts: 1

I am trying to use Teamviewer to remote maintain a computer for my Father, who is disabled. I need a way to have the quicksupport app auto run after a restart, but NOT the teamviewer host app, which limits my connection to 5 minutes. Or, is there a way to connect team viewer host to host without the 5 minute limit?

• I did only connect once to a friend to help and explain him stuff and am now flagged with "supposed commercial use ". I did not nor will I use it in a commercial way. And since the costumer support will not help you other then to tell you to go to this forum which is nice if your post contains personal data and it is different on the actual homepage: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/pricing/commercial-use/

So now I am here and would like to know what to do.....

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @KID_one888,

please check out this article with a link to a form to get help :-)

Thank you,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi rudyrednose

Thank you for your post :)

You need a license if you want to use TeamViewer on a server - it is not possible to use a server within the free version. That's the reason for the "trial expired" message.

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • rdzins
    rdzins Posts: 1

they DO NOT offer support for free versions, you are unable to even submit a ticket for it.

• I mistakenly selected for corporate use when I downloaded TeamViewer 12 and now my "trial period" has expired. Is there a way to dele it and download it again for personal use? Emails are welcomed at: [personal information removed]

Thanks in advance!!

• Esther

Hi @danderson657

To get help, please check this Knowledge Base article.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther

HI @rdzins

To get help, please check this Knowledge Base article.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Dear Support Teamviewer

I use Teamview do support my friends

I have mistake setup Teamviewer version 12 Company on my laptop Win 10. And now this version has expired.

Please guide me change to version personal. I want use version Free

Many thanks,

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi progiahuy1

As posted in our knowledgebases here, We cannot assist with this in the community.

You must fill out the form here as this is the only way that we can assist with this enquiry.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Cám ơn bạn rất nhiều! Chúc 1 ngày tốt lành nhé

@Scotty wrote:

Hi @progiahuy1

As posted in our knowledgebases here, We cannot assist with this in the community.

You must fill out the form here as this is the only way that we can assist with this enquiry.

-Scotty

@Scotty wrote:

Hi @progiahuy1

-Scotty

@Scotty wrote:

Hi @progiahuy1

-Scotty

• hi everyone, i want to ask something about trial expired in team viewer 12 my operating system is windows 10 

so my trial is expired yesterday, and i can monitor my computer because of that, i already uninstall teamviewer from programs and features, regedit, %%appdata%% but still when i installed my teamviewer im getting the same popup notification again like " trial expired "

how to cleanly uninstall teamviewer 12 trial from my computer? please help cause its so important to me

Thankyou very much :) 

• Daisy
    Daisy Posts: 2

Hi,

I called in to Team Viewer because I accidentally chose the 'commercial version' on installation and didn't think anything of it until now-- the trial has expired, and I can't start a session any more. My agent told me to post my ID here: [ID removed]. She said you would get it straightened out again for private use.

Thanks,

Daisy

• Daisy
    Daisy Posts: 2

Hi,

I called in to Team Viewer because I accidentally chose the 'commercial version' on installation and didn't think anything of it until now-- the trial has expired, and I can't start a session any more. My agent told me to post my ID here: ********. He said you would get it straightened out again for private use.

Thanks,

Daisy

• Scotty

Hi Daisy,

This is not the case. All free user requests that come over the phone,m we direct to the community as we cannot assist with free users over the phone.

This is stated both on the contact us page and the call itself.

If you search the community, you will find this question has been posted before. Please see this knowledgebase article.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-has-expired/ta-p/5267

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Scotty

Hi huseinfadhlulla

Uninstalling TeamViewer and reinstalling it will not fix this issue (It wouldn't be a very good prevention of commercial use if it did).

If you check our knowledgebase and previous posts, this question has been answered many times.

Please see here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-has-expired/ta-p/5267

This is the only way to fix this.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
  • How do i change my commercial trial licence to person free licence. I wrongly used default setting which chose commercial licence. I have uninstall my teamviewer and install it again but it is not allowing me to use the personal licence. How can i solve this problem

• Esther

Hi @AugustineN

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base article to get help.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• liron
    liron Posts: 1

why??

i am using my team viewer for my private computers.

i really need my team viewer to work.

i already try to uninstall and re-install.

tried to remove the program with revo un-installer that remove also team viewer from registry, 

i have tried to use with safe mode.

nothing help.

please H E L P me ASAP ! tnx

• Esther

Hi liron,

please read this Knowledge Base article to get help with your trial.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Narile
    Narile Posts: 1

I was told to post this question on here for some help.

My Team Viewer (free version) keeps timing out after 5 minutes. I've tried to correct this through the advanced options and it hasn't helped.

Is there a way for me to keep it logged on for longer?

• disq-
    disq- Posts: 7

I'm also facing this problem. Using version 12.0.75813.

It keeps timing out randomly in my case, sometimes it won't last a minute. it's frustating.

What's happening?

• PhantomF
    PhantomF Posts: 14

Check your log file and see what it is saying right before it gets disconnected.  
    C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\TeamViewer12_Logfile.log

I'm having this issue too but I believe it's because I'm leaving the session idle too long.
    This is the log entry I get before disconnects
    'CMainWindow::TrackIdleTime(): System goes idle. (IdleTime=344045)'