Posted by huseinfadhlulla
Photon

Trial Expired

hi everyone, i want to ask something about trial expired in team viewer 12 my operating system is windows 10 

so my trial is expired yesterday, and i can monitor my computer because of that, i already uninstall teamviewer from programs and features, regedit, %%appdata%% but still when i installed my teamviewer im getting the same popup notification again like " trial expired "

how to cleanly uninstall teamviewer 12 trial from my computer? please help cause its so important to me

Thankyou very much :) 

Posted by Daisy
Electron

Free Version Trial Expired

Hi,

I called in to Team Viewer because I accidentally chose the 'commercial version' on installation and didn't think anything of it until now-- the trial has expired, and I can't start a session any more. My agent told me to post my ID here: [ID removed]. She said you would get it straightened out again for private use.

Thanks,

Daisy

Posted by Daisy
Electron

Free Version Trial Expired, ******** Please change to the private version

Hi,

I called in to Team Viewer because I accidentally chose the 'commercial version' on installation and didn't think anything of it until now-- the trial has expired, and I can't start a session any more. My agent told me to post my ID here: ********. He said you would get it straightened out again for private use.

Thanks,

Daisy

Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Free Version Trial Expired, ******** Please change to the private version

Hi Daisy,

This is not the case. All free user requests that come over the phone,m we direct to the community as we cannot assist with free users over the phone.

This is stated both on the contact us page and the call itself.

If you search the community, you will find this question has been posted before. Please see this knowledgebase article.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Senior Moderator

Re: Trial Expired

Hi huseinfadhlulla

Uninstalling TeamViewer and reinstalling it will not fix this issue (It wouldn't be a very good prevention of commercial use if it did).

If you check our knowledgebase and previous posts, this question has been answered many times.

Please see here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

This is the only way to fix this.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by AugustineN
Photon

change from commercial trial to personal licence

How do i change my commercial trial licence to person free licence. I wrongly used default setting which chose commercial licence. I have uninstall my teamviewer and install it again but it is not allowing me to use the personal licence. How can i solve this problem

Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: change from commercial trial to personal licence

Hi @AugustineN

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base article to get help.

Best, Esther

Posted by liron
Photon

Trial Expired - using a personal capacity

why??

i am using my team viewer for my private computers.

i really need my team viewer to work.

i already try to uninstall and re-install.

tried to remove the program with revo un-installer that remove also team viewer from registry, 

i have tried to use with safe mode.

nothing help.

please H E L P me ASAP ! tnx

Community Manager

Re: Trial Expired - using a personal capacity

Hi liron,

please read this Knowledge Base article to get help with your trial.

Best, Esther

Posted by Narile
Photon

Timeout for Free Version

I was told to post this question on here for some help.

My Team Viewer (free version) keeps timing out after 5 minutes. I've tried to correct this through the advanced options and it hasn't helped.

Is there a way for me to keep it logged on for longer?

Posted by disq-
Digon

Re: Timeout for Free Version

I'm also facing this problem. Using version 12.0.75813.

It keeps timing out randomly in my case, sometimes it won't last a minute. it's frustating.

What's happening?

Posted by PhantomF
Trigon

Check your log file and see what it is saying right before it gets disconnected.  
C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\TeamViewer12_Logfile.log

I'm having this issue too but I believe it's because I'm leaving the session idle too long.
This is the log entry I get before disconnects
'CMainWindow::TrackIdleTime(): System goes idle. (IdleTime=344045)'

Posted by disq-
Digon

I have that line but not right before the session ends, but i do have these "suspicious" entries:

2017/04/10 23:36:32.969  CStreamManager::ParticipantRemoved: Our own participant was removed, we must terminate our session
2017/04/10 23:36:32.970  RA: quality suggestion by capacity measurement: (350)
2017/04/10 23:36:32.970  RA: Audio quality set to 120000
2017/04/10 23:36:32.970  RA: Stopping capturing thread
2017/04/10 23:36:32.971  RA: LoopbackCapture with 4 discon events within 3967870 ms
2017/04/10 23:36:32.971  RA: RemoteAudioSender stopped
2017/04/10 23:36:32.971  RA: LoopBackCapture stopped

and so on.

I find these suspicious - "CStreamManager::ParticipantRemoved: Our own participant was removed, we must terminate our session" because in top of this problem im also getting a "blank tab" out of nowhere. See:

Posted by PhantomF
Trigon

Search for a line that says 'Connection closed by user' in the log on the device you're connecting from.  That is right where the sessions are being disconnected for me but I'm not doing it thats for sure.

I'm also getting the CStreamManager:articipantRemoved message in my log and I'm also getting blank tabs appearing randomly as well.

This new release is just very buggy IMO

Posted by disq-
Digon

Yes, i also have that "Connection closed by user" in the logfile from the device i'm connecting from.

There's something wrong with this build indeed. An update or answer from the devs would be appreciated.

Posted by disq-
Digon

bump.

Posted by STMREUSABLES
Henagon

I thought I was having similar timeouts, turned out it's the x being clicked on the top left corner, (as seen in the screenshot you posted) even in full screen mode when it's not visible. Your blank page is probably from clicking the +. I haven't figured out how to move the menu or disable it. Dont recall it being there before the last update.

Posted by Kanpet
Henagon

No connection to TeamViewer server

Hello guys, 
I have a problem with my teamviewer.
I use the Teamviewer only in private use. However, Teamviewer shows the following problem: A connection could not be established.
The remaining license of your connection partner has expired.
Since your partner uses TeamViewer commercially, he or she (one of the connection partners) needs a license.

CCould you please help me out?

rregards,

KKanpet Khanna
Posted by newhack78
Photon

How exactly is "private use" defined?

Buongiorno, da un paio di giorni, il programma non si connette più al server di TeamViewer.

Mi da sempe il messaggio Non pronto. Verifica la connessione. Come posso risolvere il, problema, considerato che la connessione internet c'è?

Posted by muser
Photon

Commercial use detected, but it`s private use ?!

How can I get rid of this message and the loss of connection after 5 minutes?

I'm using it only for private purposes.

Posted by Former Staff Katharina
Former Staff

Re: Commercial use detected, but it`s private use ?!

Dear muser, 

Thank you for your post!

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base Article:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-...

It will give you all the details on why you may be receiving that notification as well as a link to a web form via which you can contact our support team. 

There are already many topics on this board that refer to the subject of commercial use and point to the relevant article. That is why I would also like to kindly remind you to use the search function before posting a question. Since we have many active users, it is very likely that it has already been answered and you can get your solution straight away :)

All the best,

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!
Posted by disq-
Digon

Yes, and from the logs it seems Teamviewer has their own participant. Sounds like they're accessing our computers.

"CStreamManager: ParticipantRemoved: Our own participant was removed, we must terminate our session"

Posted by PhantomF
Trigon

STMREUSABLES, Sorry but this is not user error.  I've been using Teamviewer for years without issue up until the last update.  Sometimes it disconnects on it's own when I'm not even touching my keyboard or mouse after 30-60 mins.  And the blank page is not from hitting the +.  I know how that works I only have a single session open so I'm not accidently hitting the + when switching sessions  at the top.

Posted by joylild32
Digon

Using For Personal Use - But it Says my Trial Expired

Hello,

I need some assistance. I may have accidentally sign up as a commerical user because I'm being told that my trial expired, but I 'm using it for  personal use. How can I fix this error, so  I'm able to use teamveiwer again.

Any help is appreciated.

Best,

Joy

Posted by joylild32
Digon

Using For Personal Use - But it Says my Trial Expired

Hello,

I need some assistance. I may have accidentally sign up as a commerical user because I'm being told that my trial expired, but I 'm using it for  personal use. How can I fix this error, so  I'm able to use teamveiwer again.

Any help is appreciated.

Best,

Joy

Community Manager

Re: Using For Personal Use - But it Says my Trial Expired

Hi Joy,

In this Knowledge Base article you will find all relevant information and a link to the form to contact the dedicated TeamViewer staff for this.

Best, Esther

Posted by joylild32
Digon

Hello Esther,

Thank you for this information.

Best,

Joy

Posted by PhantomF
Trigon

I can confirm this issue is not present in the enterprise licensed version of Teamviewer v12.0.75813.  Either the free version is bugged or they added random disconnects.

Posted by disq-
Digon

@STMREUSABLES  of course it's not by clicking the + button lol

You think we are that stupid?! It opens that tab by itself.

I love that there are no replys by the devs. Seems that they really don't care about free version.

Highlighted
Posted by Esad
Henagon

Trial version expired

Hi. I need help. I have accidentally installed teamviewer for business and now it says that teamviewer is expired. I'm using teamviewer for personal puposes, just to connect on my second pc. How to reset licence back to free? Please help. Thank you.

5 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Trial version expired

Hi,

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base article to get help.

Thank you, Esther

Posted by disq-
Digon

BUMP

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: No connection to TeamViewer server

Hi Kanpet,

Please have a look at this post :)

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by sayling
Digon

Change to Personal Use

I'm getting 'Trial version *expired*' at the bottom of the TeamViewer panel following an instal on a new Win10 laptop.

I followed the instructions in the KnowledgeBase article, but when I submit the details on the page https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/ , I get a 500 error:

500 Internal Server Error

nginx

Can you advise what I can/need to now, please? Thanks

TeamViewer Staff

Re: Change to Personal Use

Hi sayling,

Can you please try it again? I tried it now and it seems to work

Julia
Posted by sayling
Digon

Still not working for me - trying in Chrome, let me try IE
Posted by sayling
Digon

@Julia

Same thing in IE, and - bizarrely - Edge won't let me attach the log file!!

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? What should I be entering as the Device ID?

Posted by sayling
Digon

@Julia wrote:

Hi sayling,

Can you please try it again? I tried it now and it seems to work

@Julia

Just tried again, in Chrome, and all good.

TeamViewer Staff

Hi sayling,

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that everything works again :)

Julia
Posted by marijanabojovic
Henagon

Change to Personal Use

Could you please change mz account to personal use only, I installed it by mistake as bussines. Thank you 

Senior Moderator

RE: No connection to TeamViewer server

Hi @Kanpet

Thank you for your screenshots. I like to inform you, that we fixed this issue:

true.jpg

Please try again to fill out the form here

Thank you. :smileyhappy:

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Former Staff

Dear joylild32, 

Thank you for your post!

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-h...

It will give you all the details on why you may be receiving that notification as well as a link to a web form via which you can contact our support team. 

There are already many topics on this board that refer to the subject of expired trial versions and point to the relevant article. That is why I would also like to kindly remind you to use the search function before posting a question. Since we have many active users, it is very likely that it has already been answered and you can get your solution straight away :)

Thank you in advance!

All the best,

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!
Posted by marijanabojovic
Henagon

Wrong installation

I have installed by mistake as commercial user instead of personal, How can I change it   Thanks

Senior Moderator

RE: Wrong installation

Hi @marijanabojovic

Thank you for your posts.

Could you please fill out the form in this topic here

Thanks in advance.

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by kramdish
Henagon

Commercial use detected

Hello, good afternoon, 

I use Teamviewer as a tool to connect to several of my computers (I have many at home) and help out a lot of friends.

I used to get support by email but now they do not offer email support anymore.

Could you please change the status of my account?

Thank you very much.

Posted by andreitwv2
Photon

Trial expired

Even though I have selected a free license for personal use , I am still getting an error , saying that my trial expired ..

When I log into my TeamViewer account it says that my license is free , so why I am I getting this error ? 

I need some help :-( 

Thanks guys !

Former Staff

Re: Trial expired

Dear andreitwv2, 

Thank you for your post!

There are already many topics on this board that refer to the subject of expired trial versions and point to the relevant article. That is why I would also like to kindly remind you to use the search function before posting a question. Since we have many active users, it is very likely that it has already been answered and that you can get your solution straight away :)

Thank you in advance!

All the best,

Katharina

Posted by MichaelFox
Digon

Teamviewer personal help

A relative and I are helping my daughter with various things. She lives out of state.

Anyhow, he told me to get Teamviewer. It was perfect but then some "trial membership" ended. He told me it would be free forever. Apparently I didn't pay attention and clicked business instead of personal use. Now I can't get it to switch, even deleting and re-downloading and installing. Any way this can be fixed?

Posted by DomLan
Heptagon

Re: Teamviewer personal help

Hi @MichaelFox

try to read this Knowledge Base article

Regards

Domenico Langone
MCSD: App Builder
Posted by MichaelFox
Digon

Re: Teamviewer personal help

I got it and tried to submit a ticket. However it asks for a .log file and no where in the folder is there a .log file anywhere.

There is one that says it's a log file but it's a "text document".

Please bear with me. I am not very technologically advanced here.