Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• NickB
    NickB Posts: 9

@Closed account, that would make it too easy for the mods :-)

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@Closed account : google translator auto-detect language does the trick for you :)

• JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

Please fill that in and wait! Good luck!

• JackHK

Glad to hear that!

• Tweaker
    Tweaker Posts: 8

I actually had a lot of issues with this so called commercial use. In the middle of configuring a remote PC that has no UI.....
    I removed teamviewer for this **bleep**. I now use **Third Party Product** that DOES recognize the native resolution and works a lot better as well:-). And no more **bleep** messages!

• Fred64
    Fred64 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I have been a teanviewer proponent for many years. Now all of a sudden I am getting this timeout message after a few minutes of being connected to my partner., What is going on? Is this some new policy? "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner will be blocked until 17:14."
  • JackHK

Fill in the form and wait. Good luck!

• Doversole
    Doversole Posts: 3

Thank you!

Reading this thread has convinced me to migrate to an alternative solution. 

I was also suspected of commercial use, filled the form, nothing happened except some sales guy proposing a discount on the license (to support my mother? really?). Got fed up with the **bleep** customer service and clearly not the only one in this case.

Sad to quit TV after all these years but I need a working solution so bye!

• Tweaker

Please understand: they have no benefit whatsoever to keep you using their service for free.
    In their perspective we are just annoying bugs that keep clogging their ever growing data traffic.
    So they want you out and simply pull the plug. They seem to be in some kind of financial trouble if you ask me.

I already packed my Teamviewer bags and checked out already. [removed per Community Guidelines]

• krugern
    krugern Posts: 12

@Tweaker wrote:

Please understand: they have no benefit whatsoever to keep you using their service for free.
    In their perspective we are just annoying bugs that keep clogging their ever growing data traffic.
    So they want you out and simply pull the plug. They seem to be in some kind of financial trouble if you ask me.

I already packed my Teamviewer bags and checked out already. Now I use the free version of *** third party product*** that is much more user friendly. It has a restriction of 5 PC's but that is enough for most of the private users.

***third party product*** :D

(Please respect our User Guidelines)

• So last week my TeamViewer account was falsely flagged for having commercial usage, which **bleep**. Here's the story.

I am a junior software engineer who enjoys his job. I am mainly involved in iOS development at the moment, but I enjoy making web-applications as well. As I am enthusiastic about software development, I often spend time at home working on private projects. One of these private projects is an administration system with which I can register the finances within my household. I also host a website from the server (publicly accesible) on which I provide access to free Java libraries which I have made. With none of these things I make any money. I use Apache TomCat, SQL Server, NodeJS and some other programs to host the administration website (Only accessible within my own wifi network) and the public website.

Obviously, I use TeamViewer to connect to that server whenever I have made a new feature in my administration web app. As the application is written in Angular, and I don't have much web-dev experience, I try out a lot of things and thus I regularly throw new files on the server. Furthermore, I use TeamViewer to connect to my home-server on which I keep all my files (like personal photos, videos etc.).

I have neve made a single dime off of that server or my usage of TeamViewer, yet I was flagged as using the software commercially.

Now the redicilous part comes here: when looking around on the website, TeamViewer offers no way for me to appeal this flag. I can't call them, as that's only for people who own paid licenses, and I can't open a support ticket as - again - that's only for people who own licences. I guess the forum is the only place where I can resort to right now.

Can my account please be properly reinstated?

Update

Also, if TeamViewer would've done a proper hardware check, they would have seen that the server would physically be incapable of even being used commercially. It only has 4GB of RAM, a hard disk that is nearly as slow as a floppy disk, and a really old Celeron 3150 CPU which can barely even run TeamViewer and YouTube at the same time...

• I am in a similar situation. They did offer me an appeal form however, which states they will respond in 7 days, and I have yet to hear anything a good two weeks later. But might be worth your while to try, at least you could get on the list. Maybe they've flagged a lot of people recently! 

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

• md2
    md2 Posts: 1

A IAM ON A PRIVATE USER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEARS L;ONG

please give me back the private user status and non profite user 

• Thanks for the reply!

When I try that, and I tick "I'd like to receive a quotation by email" I receive nothing. I wonder if they're even processing those tickets.

• It definitely says "We are aiming to solve all requests within seven days. Please note that we will attend to every request." - so I certainly wouldn't expect an immediate response, though a confirmation of receipt would be nice! I'm living in hope that their request list is just so long that they're just taking a long time to get round to it. 

If I don't hear anything if the next couple of weeks, I'm going to send a message to their sales department, as it's the only way to contact them otherwise. They've told us an appeal process exists, they need to honour that!

• airplane-4b7416
    airplane-4b7416 Posts: 12 ✭✭

Good evening Community,

still problems with a suspect commercial licence.As explained in previous posts,i use TW14 at home and at my mother house where i control my radios,i am a ham operator ,and sometimes i connect to my workplace (school) where i have another radio/Yesterday,a friend of mine,another radio operator was trying to connectwith computer at my mother house but was logged out cause of suspect commercial use.How can i solve this problem?

Thank in advance,kind regards

sergio maria presentato

• abc1208
    abc1208 Posts: 1

I think they are trying to get rid of free users as they cannot make profit from free users. They may just copy the act of another popular desktop remote access software to cancel the free version and only get paid version in the future.

The only thing you can do now is to find an alternative software and wait for the appeal. But you are most likely to get blocked soon after the unbolcked as something in your computer or your way of use trigger the commercial use detection again.

• Good Evening,

I put in a request at least 2 weeks ago to get my account unblocked for commercial use but it's still blocked.

I haven't had any response since submitting the request.

I have a single account, with a single computer added that I connect to from two locations (work and home).

Can someone have a look at my request please?
  • g4ugm
    g4ugm Posts: 10 ✭✭

I agree, Many people have thus happen. Looks like they think they have decided only commercial users can use it. Does ASA cover web adverts...

• JackHK

• JackHK

Fill in the form and wait! Good luck!

• Kylian01
    Kylian01 Posts: 31 ✭✭

I did that but they do not respond in like 4 weeks i send again same thing

• JackHK

• JackHK

i waited for 6 months with the account still blocked. Hence, be patience!

• Kylian01

If it takes them 6+ months to fix a problem with the commerciall use suspection people probaly switch to alternatives at that point

• JackHK

It's >6 months,  I am still waiting !!! For sure I am using alternatives as well while  I am waiting. :-)

• Kylian01

i also use alternatives still sad that teamviewer dosnt fix this problem it does not seem to be so hard to fix and also we use non comerccial users dont even know what triggers this.

• JackHK

i think it's more of they want to fix rather than they are able to fix! Good luck!

• Tweaker

***third party product***:      ---   __ __ -   __ - __-