Comments

•  

@pv7721 wrote:

@pvdlee : here you go:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/

or this one, I'm not sure what's the difference between the two of them:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Thank you.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro (1903), Phanteks eclipse P400 TGE tower, Intel i7 8700 @3.20GHz, EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, 2x 24" Widescreen FHD 1080p monitors, 16 Gigs of ram DDR4's PC4-21300, 250GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD.

Others: Eset IS (Latest version), CCleaner Pro, Adwcleaner, Firefox (Latest version).
  • Ant1
    Ant1 Posts: 28

It's not really for non-commercial users at all. They will tell you it is free for non-commercial users but if you start using it a little bit it will soon do this to you in order to trap you into paying for the product. That is what happened to me when I had an important meeting so I bought a license. Then they had my bank account details, which is when the trouble really began. It is also a waste of time trying to talk to them

• LandRocket
    LandRocket Posts: 7 ✭✭

The "personal use verification" link is for if, when you installed TeamViewer, you selected the option for "commercial use" or for "both personal/commercial use"

Doing so automatically puts your TeamViewer account into a time-limited demo mode (think it's 30 days) which means after this, all connections will flag up a notice, whereas the commercial use link is for if you've been using TeamViewer for personal usage, and they've flagged your account due to usage patterns or however else they decide this - sometimes it does baffle me.

Unfortunately, there is NO other way of contacting TeamViewer if you are a free user.  I'm in the same position, I've waited 7 days so far, no email to say they even received my form; so all I can do is wait.  I've copied the logs from both machines and zipped them in case TeamViewer support contact me, but it is just a waiting game :(

• @LandRocket wrote:

The "personal use verification" link is for if, when you installed TeamViewer, you selected the option for "commercial use" or for "both personal/commercial use"

Doing so automatically puts your TeamViewer account into a time-limited demo mode (think it's 30 days) which means after this, all connections will flag up a notice, whereas the commercial use link is for if you've been using TeamViewer for personal usage, and they've flagged your account due to usage patterns or however else they decide this - sometimes it does baffle me.

Unfortunately, there is NO other way of contacting TeamViewer if you are a free user.  I'm in the same position, I've waited 7 days so far, no email to say they even received my form; so all I can do is wait.  I've copied the logs from both machines and zipped them in case TeamViewer support contact me, but it is just a waiting game :(

Thats slack that they have not gotten back to you yet.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro (1903), Phanteks eclipse P400 TGE tower, Intel i7 8700 @3.20GHz, EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, 2x 24" Widescreen FHD 1080p monitors, 16 Gigs of ram DDR4's PC4-21300, 250GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD.

Others: Eset IS (Latest version), CCleaner Pro, Adwcleaner, Firefox (Latest version).
  • JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86

I've been waiting for 6 months now.... good luck!

• Does that include you guys accusing some of us using it for commercial use when we're not? It's slowly seeming that you guys are trying to force people to pay for something that is supposed to be "free" and with your phone support and how rude they are I wont be paying for a license for something that I am accused of.

• Make teamviewer actually free for personal use, not to trick us into paying us nor accusing us of using it for commercial use.  Makes me feel like teamviewer just wants money that I dont have.

• Ant1

TeamViewer is just trying to get you to move to a paid subscription. They don't care whether you are commercial are not - the free usage for non commercial users is just to get you to start using they they will try to manipulate you into buying a license.

I got drawn in to that when they suddenly refused access even though I was not a commercial user. I had an important meeting so was forced to pay as I had no time to look for an alternative. That was a bad mistake. Then they had my bank account details and later took out money without my knowledge for a renewal that I didn't want and for a product that I no longer used. Cost me over a thousand dollars in the end. Do not give these guys your bank account details.

• Its in the logs!  The logs are the fault for this, when you delete the first log and replace it with the old log it works like it should.  Also teamviewers site on here I think it was says:

"Using TeamViewer to help family and friends without receiving any financial compensation is considered personal use. "

But yet they try and say we are using it for commercial use.  They just want money.  and FYI there so called customer support is rude, very rude.  And there is no free one apart from on here.

• Ant1

Yep. That is exactly what happened to me. But it gets even worse if you do pay.

Then their incredibly unfair renewal practices came into force. TeamViewer hid their practice of automatically renewing the license and taking money from people's bank account unless they give 28 days notice in the fine print at the bottom of the invoice. They neither told me this in the original e-mail or did they send me a renewal notice. 

I found later that in their documentation that they say that they will send a renewal notice unless local laws do not allow it. This was untrue - actually they will not send a renewal notice unless forced to by local new laws.

In my case I paid for the license at Australian rate and in Australian dollars, and all my dealings with TeamViewer have been with the Australian office. Under Australian laws the renewal must be sent. But as I was going to be spending a lot of time in China, I put down an address in China.

Teamviewer then used the lack of Chinese laws not to send the renewal letter claiming I was a Chinese user even though they had happily forced me to pay Australian rates. When I raised these issues and the fact that I no longer use the product (which they can verify from their records) their only response is that they "cannot cancel the subscription".

TeamViewer has no interest in acting with integrity or dealing with customers fairly. Deal with this company at your own risk.

• Ant1

The free version is not really for non-commercial users. It is intended to get you to join up. I was also a non-commercial user who got blocked suddenly before an important meeting. This basically forced me to pay for a license as I had no time to search for a free alternative.

Then when I did sign-up, their incredibly unfair renewal practices came into force. TeamViewer hid their practice of automatically renewing the license and taking money from people's bank account unless they give 28 days notice in the fine print at the bottom of the invoice. They neither told me this in the original e-mail or did they send me a renewal notice. 

I found later that in their documentation that they say that they will send a renewal notice unless local laws do not allow it. This was untrue - actually they will not send a renewal notice unless forced to by local new laws.

In my case I paid for the license at Australian rate and in Australian dollars, and all my dealings with TeamViewer have been with the Australian office. Under Australian laws the renewal must be sent. But as I was going to be spending a lot of time in China, I put down an address in China.

Teamviewer then used the lack of Chinese laws not to send the renewal letter claiming I was a Chinese user even though they had happily forced me to pay Australian rates. When I raised these issues and the fact that I no longer use the product (which they can verify from their records) their only response is that they "cannot cancel the subscription".

TeamViewer has no interest in acting with integrity or dealing with customers fairly. Deal with this company at your own risk.

• Juku22
    Juku22 Posts: 3

Stimmt, da läuft was gehörig schief oder  es soll nervig werden.

Ich habe eine kommerzielle Lizenz und eine private für meine Familie, weil ich privat und geschäftlich nicht vermischen will.
    Trotz telefonischem Kontakt wird private Account stänig gestört ..." kommen SIe in 10 Min. wieder... ... Lesen Sie erst das...

• GoNz0
    GoNz0 Posts: 4

I have to say the attitude stinks, I have had the commercial use warning for 3 months, I have filled in the from 3 times and never get an answer.

• Gecks
    Gecks Posts: 2

Same issue. I have contacted them once....they said they fixed it as i use the computers at home for gaming......same problem again.

I have a usb to ethernet server so i can use a mouse and keyboard in a different part of my house. They must think people only use them for work purposes or something. ?

• Gecks
    Gecks Posts: 2

Come on teamviewer....please fix these false positives.

I cant justify paying you monthly when i literally login a handful of times a week.

• This is the 3rd time I've had this popup since i've had a TeamViewer Account.
    On previous occurences I filled out the decleration of Private Use Form and provided all needed logs to prove Private/Personal Use.

This time it appears it has been rejected and asked to buy a Commercial Licence for £500($558). After Speaking to a Sales rep "Apparently" using a Mobile Device to connect to a Home PC is classed as commercial due to the ability to being "anywhere" and the ability to connect to "any device".

I only ever use...
    ●Mobile Phone
    ●Home PC
    ●Home Server (2nd PC running the home network share and storage.
    Which fully complies with PRIVATE & Personal use.

Yes the pattern may be irregular and switches between 3 devices but it is only ever myself with access, and all devices are linked to same TeamViewer aaccount, and ID's have remained the same over the years (other than update from 9-digits to 10-digits)

It makes little to no sence why a TeamViewer App freely provided would be classed as commercial when if it was a paid for feature would force verification of a paid subscription before being useage?

Would like to be able to discuss the situation with a human, and not a sales rep trying to force a sale with "tactics"
  • skiplong
    skiplong Posts: 1

@jornin I'm in the same situation as you.

Did you submit the form?, and if yes, have they lifted the ban?, and if yes, have you been able to use the Personal license since?

Thanks

• mozo
    mozo Posts: 28 ✭✭

It's unbelievable but the TeamViewer team contacted me and they solved my problem!

"Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”."

Thanks you support team!!!

• LandRocket
    Got my email yesterday (24/6/19)

Must have been the day yesterday :)
  • I think they are doing that with a lot of people, because i am having that problem since updating.  Its frustrating, and yet their thing is if you have been helping family and friends and get NO money for it, then its classed as private.  I have emailed them heaps of times and they still don't do a **bleep** things about it.

• JackHK

R u sure that works? did you try?

I rec'd similar email 6 weeks after I filled in the form... but the reality is my account still blocked till 6 months now! 

Good luck!

• JackHK

Agreed totally!

• mozo
    mozo Posts: 28 ✭✭

Yes, I tried it and it works :)

• JackHK

Unbelievable!

• leossmith
    leossmith Posts: 4

Did anyone managed to solve this? One of my pcs has been tagged as used for commercial use and I keep sending the form for a while now, but noone replies.

• Kylian01
    Kylian01 Posts: 31 ✭✭

I did get a reply and they where saying i use it commercial what i am not doing i am just a guy with a hobby for computters and have a cople of them and i like to remote control them

• Kylian01
    Kylian01 Posts: 31 ✭✭

this is the MAIl i got

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for your request regarding being unblocked from using the free version of TeamViewer. After reviewing the information provided to us, we were unable to confirm that the submitted ID is being used privately.

Requiring commercial users to purchase a license is also part of our effort to maintain the free version, and to therefore make help accessible to everyone. The free version is for people who are using it to help family and friends.

To continue using TeamViewer, there are two options for you to consider:

1) We encourage you to purchase a license that fits your needs: https://w w w. teamviewer. com/pricing

If you need help finding the perfect license, we will be happy to assist you personally:
    +NUMBER

2) THIS FORM is a declaration of private use that needs to be printed, signed personally and sent back to us at the following email address form-service@teamviewer.com.

When you return this to us, we will review your response confirming your declaration of private use and use this to determine whether we can re-enable your use of TeamViewer.

For more information regarding the commercial use of the free version of TeamViewer, please refer to our community statement: https://community. teamviewer. com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

If you are not sure whether you are using TeamViewer commercially,
    please give us a call:

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Your TeamViewer Team

• LandRocket
    Seriously there needs to be an intermediary licence between commercial and free.

I can get a Windows VPS for 3GBP a month, but better not use TeamViewer on it as that will **bleep** my account. But a lot of the alternatives dont work with my accessibility tools (I use a SGD aka a PC with eye gaze to access tech) which means I'm a lot slower than most folk at accessing my own resources or my mum - that's the only people I have on my Teamviewer account. Think its 6 devices without looking. So I'm more likely to get flagged as I do need to be connected for long periods of time.

That's why when it stops working it really stuffs me up.

I will pay for that, but I haven't got £500 a year to do that, not on disability benefits
  • leossmith
    leossmith Posts: 4

So basicaly they are tagging random pcs or ips in order to push people to buy the commercial license even for private use.

This is very nice...