Announcements

Shape the future of TeamViewer with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by meshal
Henagon

Using a commercial doubt

Dear I have a problem using the program I use the program for personal purposes not commercial

Posted by x8009
Digon

Re: Using a commercial doubt

Guys there is no quit from this, you all will be blocked one way or another.

Use   ***third party product***

just put the word together.     

Teamviewer has become the worst remote control company in the universe now.

[please remember our User Guidelines

Posted by Airalan
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

I have been trying to solve this problem for at least two months, and have filled the form in twice, last time at least three weeks ago. I am still getting the same “commercial use suspected“ message 

Posted by invizus
Photon

Reset my teamviewer license

Dear support

Thank you redirecting me to forum, I guess you prefer this format.

Please reset my TeamViewer license. I only connect to my eldery parents comptuer once a week to help them to use internet. They live in another country so I cannot help them in person. 

Non commercial use supposed to be free? However when I run teamviewer it displays message "Commercial use detected". I need to help my parents with the computer ASAP please help.

Thank you.

@administrator

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Licence gratuite !

I am an individual, I connect to my laptop with TeamViewer and I have the following message:
UNE UTILISATION COMMERCIALE A ETE DETECTEE
Session interrompue dans 5 minutes !!!!
It's free but your message of threat starts to exasperate me!

Posted by jameswdp
Electron

IOS teamviewer suspect commercial use

Recently I upgraded the TeamViewer on my iPhone into version 14++. 

When I connected to my computer, it shows "this app seems to be used in commercial environment. Your session will end within 5 minutes"

I have been using it on my phone for years, but never encounter this kind of message before.

Posted by geertboucquez
Henagon

teamviewer

Hy, i'm a private user and since a few weeks I reveive the message I'm working in a commercial environment as a result my sessions ends after 5 minutes and are blocked for more minutes.

What can I do to renew my private licence?

regards

Posted by royaal
Photon

product says im using it as company.

i just use it private to myself and help familty with computer.  now its closing every 2 min. can this be fixed ?

Highlighted
Posted by fz750
Digon

Commercial Use

Hi, For some reason I've been flagged as a commercial user but I've never once used it for commercial use! Just for myself, and supporting my kids and mum.

I have sent 2 request to unblock this, but nothing has happened..

I use(d)  teamviewer daily and it's becoming a major inconvenience, never mind the annoyance of being ignored (2 weeks back now, at least).

Is there anything else I can do about this? Are there any decent alternatives?

Thanks

4 Replies
Posted by idiocracy
Digon

Still not sorted after filling out form 3 times.

Sent the 3'th form on 8'th july, now it's the 17'th and issue not fixed. Am i supposed to fill out the 4'th form?

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

Re: Still not sorted after filling out form 3 times.

@idiocracy : waiting time is counted in terms of months, not weeks. Plus it's summer, they must be less at work and more on holidays. All you can do is wait.

Posted by Airalan
Henagon

I’m giving up on team viewer there are so many people having this problem it is clearly policy by the company to make it difficult. Pity as my son has been using it to sort out my computer problems for years
Posted by idiocracy
Digon

They are the once writing "We are aiming to solve all requests within seven days.", i am suppose to assume they can't keep their promises?
All they have to do is change that number if seven is unrealistic.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@idiocracy : no they definitely cannot. or won't. we don't know this for sure, but pretty much everything leaves to think so.

Posted by Grant837
Trigon

Re: Teamviewer was expired

Hi Teamviewer support,

I am replying to a link to the forms you all give as a solution for this.  This solution is the one offered for over 2 years via this thread.  300k views later, and 3k replys, no one has found the Teamviewer 'Solved' indication true. 

Do you have no pride, or some value of selfworth, as individuals, or as a company, to let this continue?

I highly urge you to escalate this to your topmanagment. As a marketing manager, this is really the worse case I have seen in years, and you are killing your business. 

The only current answer is you do not want to support individuals, or future users, or influencers, and feel another part of your business model is more important.  This is OK, but then tell all the few thousand people who have submitted to this thread that, so they can spend their time somewhere else.

Thanks

Posted by tinkerstoys
Trigon

TV wants to put everyone through this **bleep** to make us feel good when they tag you. But let's face it we all are commercially using this software by there rules we are running it through there business servers to do what we do.
Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

@Grant837 I'm willing to bet it was top management that decided to do this and is forcing their staff to comply.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@bazbsg : this is my conclusion as well. 

Posted by lbrustad
Henagon

Commercial use detected, when in reality the use is completely private

I've been an active use of your software, but private, only a few cases for years where I've used it with others, but still not commercial as last time was only a friend using it to transfer files to my phone, and before that I think was because I was learning Java programming by a friend for fun, but that's over 2,5 years ago now

this year, I've used TeamViewer more than normal as I've been in a school, but I didn't want to work on my slow i3-7100U CPU when I got my gaming desktop with Ryzen 7 2700X that is way more powerfull and by far faster, and because of that, I did connect 5 days a week for about 2 months, but it's still not commercial then? for me I think it's just personal use because school is where you learn stuff, work is commercial

one more reason why I've connected to my gaming PC often is that I prefer to have all files stored one place, and in a great file system structure (and I guess most developers agree with me)

just to mention it, I would like to see if a complete free (like, no costs, and no ads, and ofc no privacy issues) for server admins, and developers would be to use when that's an actual thing avaliable :) there is only one possible good way that could happen: open-source on any git service + peoples who fork the repo to improve code/adds features + some donations

Posted by nobu
Henagon

Re: Reset to free but nothing change

Hi, 

i have the same problem.

I am using TV for years now without any problems, and only to manage my parents PC.

Suddenly i get the message "commercial use detected" and i am locked out. After getting in touch with support i get an email claiming that TV ID has been reset to “free”. But nothing changed. I tried the same procedure again stating that it didnt work the first time and again i receive the email claiming that TV ID has been reset to “free”. 

Because it still wouldnt let me connect to my parents for more than 5 minutes i uninstalled TV completely and tried the portable version of TV. Still no change.

Please Help, I am out of ideas.

PS: Why am i not allowed to start a new article? I always receive the following message: The page you are trying to access was not found. Please check your URL for typos and try again....

Posted by InalaRose
Henagon

Re: Reset to free but nothing change

@nobu wrote:

Suddenly i get the message "commercial use detected" and i am locked out. After getting in touch with support i get an email claiming that TV ID has been reset to “free”. But nothing changed. I tried the same procedure again stating that it didnt work the first time and again i receive the email claiming that TV ID has been reset to “free”. 

Because it still wouldnt let me connect to my parents for more than 5 minutes i uninstalled TV completely and tried the portable version of TV. Still no change.

Please Help, I am out of ideas.

I had the same problem so I thought I'd share my experience. When it didn't seem to work I contacted them again and again got confirmation that I had been reset to free. 

The warning message about commercial use and 5 minutes has never disappeared but I'm not getting thrown out after 2 minutes anymore. I'm not really sure how long it took but it has returned to normal ultimately. At first though I had to hit and run for the two minutes.

The other thing I found was that the 2 minute limit didn't apply to the app on my iPhone, only the PC version.

Hope that helps.

Posted by zannara
Electron

Connection blocked

I use TeamViewer sometimes between two the same computers (both mine, different locations). Recently a pop up appeared saying that one of the computers is not for personal use therefore i should pay for the premium use. Now when i connect it dosconnects me in few seconds and not letting me to reconnect for a while. 

What's going on and how can i fix this?

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Hello

I've been a TV user for over 5 years now, but if TV thinks you have to rip off private users because sales are too low (let's face it, € 30 per month is a joke) then as a private user I would be willing to do something too pay as I use TV several times a day PRIVATE. But thanks to the TV team, there are enough alternative programs on the market, which are partly similar and partly better than TV.
Since you mistakenly assumed a "commercial use" I was looking for, and after a total of one hour (including testing) came to a very good alternative.
Great example of how to drive users out of greed, have you ever thought that the € 30 a month might be due to you having too few customers, makes a reasonable price for private customers, but do not lie to yourself, and more importantly, do not lie to your users, they remember something like that and take that for a long time.
If I am asked in the future, I will advise against any TV and report on my negative events and instead suggest the alternatives.
I have not received any feedback for more than 2 weeks (probably because I did not tick that a salesperson may contact me) - my neighbor has not received any feedback for over 7 weeks (he is a garbage collector and needs the PC at the garbage truck - on business - rather less LOL)

if you already want to make money with the private individuals, and have any commercial use of the TV installed on the smartphone, then it says and makes a price, but instead lies TV and is dishonest.

I have my alternative program, and if the search engine giant keeps it up, TV will be history in a few years anyway - Great business practice LOL 

Posted by KeithRoberts
Digon

What a monumental public relations disaster. Well done.

Posted by KeithRoberts
Digon

What a monumental public relations disaster. Well done.

Posted by 7leagueboot
Trigon

@ghh101 
With regard to your last post, deleted by a moderator, if you consider the enforced 28 day cancellation period to be unjust, you have the right to get an EU mediator involved who will either find for or against your case.

TV is a German company and thus has to abide by European laws.

The form for making a complaint can be found at:
https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng=EN

If any moderator deletes this post, it will be because the company not only has something to hide, but knows its practices will not be tolerated by EU law enforcement.

Posted by ghh101
Digon

Buyer beware is all I saying that their business practices  are shady.  There are better products that are cheaper and don't resort to extortion.

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

found something in german, that explains all. LOL

https://www.gruenderszene.de/allgemein/teamviewer-lehnte-17-milliarden-angebot-ab?interstitial

As of: September 22, 2017

"According to the company, 1.5 billion users downloaded and activated TeamViewer, of which 410,000 are paid corporate customers."

If only 1 out of about 3,700 users pays, everyone understands why we are wrongly called "commercial use".

have a nice weekend, I'll experiment a little with such nice software from Sergey Brin & Larry Page. LOL

Posted by necrostorm
Electron

Neeed more money!

And everithing else is your problems!

Did i understood them right?

Posted by ghh101
Digon

Look it up online and you will see that there are numerous complaints.  I am going to try and get in touch with some to see about getting a class action lawsuit started. 

Buyer beware is all I saying that their business practices  are shady.  There are better products that are cheaper and don't resort to extortion.

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Go to linkedin, log in or create a profile and write their CFO your questions, maybe it helps to talk to the boss. LOL. nice weekend

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stefan-gaiser-b0453a2b/

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: TeamViewer pushing to buy a license

Change your product.

Posted by toremf
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer exceeds 2 billion installations

So why are you pestering all your private users with"commercial use detected"? Who is the clown that deicided that? Or has you CEO seen too many Wallstreet films and actually think "Greed is Good"?

Posted by toremf
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer exceeds 2 billion installations

Or does he thinks "Greed is God"?

Posted by toremf
Trigon

Me too.
TeamViewerNonsense.jpg

Whao has decided this? Your CEO that believes "Greed is God"?

Posted by stefanw1337
Digon

Sad to see..

Use **Third Party Product** Personal instead guys, it costs, but not that much a year. And it works without any limitrations, any ads, any blockings AND it works better with nVIdia Geforce, which enables you to play games. It's android to PC and PC to PC. Anyone know of a good alternative to Android-to-Android tho?

Posted by K1NG_F1SH
Electron

Disconnect after 1 minute work

Hi everyone!
Work with TV very long time ~ 5-7 years, or more. In my using this service doesn’t have commercial work of something, but few months ago system start noticed me. Supposedly I’m work like commercial and have 10 minutes session, after that time, I’ll need wait 10 minutes, when i can connect again. But, anyone connect and my fast time work it’s 30 sec or maximum 60 sec, and… disconnected. What a **bleep**?! Nothing commercial and system doesn’t want follow their rules.
Posted by K1NG_F1SH
Electron

Re: Disconnect after 1 minute work

Sorry, 5 minutes, not 10 system says.
Posted by K1NG_F1SH
Electron

Re: Disconnect after 1 minute work

🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡 I’m very angry, at least 1 hour I don’t send photos from my pc to my phone because *bleep*
Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Re: Sad to see..

Me2

Posted by Hiroya
Trigon

I also changed to free software.
You are excluding free users.
Let's officially admit it.

Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Yes, it is. But that's reasonable that no company will offer solution for free in the commercial world!

Posted by Hiroya
Trigon

The problem is that it is limited unlike announcement though it is non-commercial use.
TeamViewer should change to the correct announcement.

Posted by offerw
Henagon

im not a commercial user and getting messeges

hello,

i can not use teamviewer anymore and in getting this : COMMERCIAL USE DETECTED.

i'm i private user and ask you to fix this problem.

thank you,

offerw

Posted by Technut
Trigon

@JackHK wrote:

But that's reasonable that no company will offer solution for free in the commercial world!

Wrong! TeamViewer themselves claim they WANT to offer it free for personal use! They explain it here:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/credentials/free-for-personal-use/

From the very beginning, TeamViewer has been available to everyone completely free of charge for personal, non-commercial use.

We want users all over the world to benefit from the possibilities that TeamViewer provides. We want our users to become intimately familiar with the software and how it works, come to trust its high level of security, and experience its wide variety of potential uses.

We do this for several reasons.

• First of all, recommendations that are based on personal experience and that come from friends and business associates are incredibly powerful. We sincerely appreciate them.
  • Secondly, our large user base constantly gives us feedback to improve our software in order to better meet customer needs and expectations. In short, you have some great ideas.
  • Finally, we believe deeply in helping people and making the world a better place. Call it good karma, but it’s also good for sustainable business. Besides, we have friends and family too.

Thank you for using TeamViewer

Kse Dyna --
Posted by 7leagueboot
Trigon

Finally, we believe deeply in helping people and making the world a better place. Call it good karma, but it’s also good for sustainable business. Besides, we have friends and family too.

> Calling your free users liars - is that good for sustainable business?
> Not replying to your customers - is that good for sustainable business?
> Blatantly overcharging for your product - is that good for sustainable business?
> Getting your moderators to edit/delete posts that tell the truth about your company, rather than addressing the issues being raised - is that good for sustainable business?
> Having your company name ridiculed and spoken of negatively in forums and social media all over the planet - is that good for sustainable business?

In short, what would they know about sustainable business?

Posted by mrandros
Electron

I sent in my formular more than two months ago and have not yet received any reply yet

10/5/19 i received an email with "next step", and i replied to that instant. I have pushed for an answer twice, but i do not receive any reply at all. I get that Teamviewer get a lot of mails about free license is detected to be corporate license, tho many is fault flagged, but this is just crasy. Having this long wait time, that does not seem to be replied ever, is frustrating to be a part of. Teamviewer is a big company, so act like it. If you want ALL people to pay for your service, make adjustable licenses, instead of only offer Free service that gives you more problems than solving, and crasy overpriced business license. People that help their friends and family from time to time ain't got cash and time for 50usd a month because you detect them as corporate

Posted by 7leagueboot
Trigon

@mrandros wrote:

People that help their friends and family from time to time ain't got cash and time for 50usd a month because you detect them as corporate

Whilst I cannot speak for family, I doubt anyone would be prepared to pay to help their friends.

Personally, I only ever used TeamViewer to assist 2 computer illiterate friends with challenges like not knowing what to do when they got a virus, or how to backup their mails and photos, or installing program updates. As long as it didn't cost me anything more than a little of my time, I was fine with giving them a helping hand. Once TV decided to accuse me of commercial use and insist I buy a license, I simply uninstalled the program and changed to a competitor's. Had there been no competitor software available for free, I would have told my friends "Sorry but TeamViewer don't want me to help you anymore so you will have to contact a local IT company and pay them to assist you."

I like my friends but there is no way I am going to pay to solve their problems, and they wouldn't expect me to, either!

Posted by genierun
Henagon

@krugern wrote:

After all this harassment from TeamViewer, I've changed to **Third Party Poroduct**, and urged everyone I know to do the same or find another alternative.

I am inclined to agree.

I use Teamviewer once or twice a month to connect to personal computers. I do rarely use it outside of this context to help friends and family but I do. I do NOT get paid for my use of Teamviewer. My usage could hardly amount to what teamviewer is asking for, for a license.

I used teamviewer once this month and got this message. I filled out the form and got the issue resolved.

I tried using teamviewer again today (no use in between) and I am being detected as commercial use again. My personal feel is that Teamviewer no longer supports free use. We should be getting messages asking us to find alternative ways to perform the tasks we originally used Teamviewer for if we do not wish to pay for Teamviewer.

I appreciate the many years of free use. I believe I have return sang teamviewer's praise to all who would listen.

I do not appreciate the sudden change of philosophy and the time wasted trying to resolve these stupid issues, where Teamviewers intent could be clearly communicated to its users.

Posted by genierun
Henagon

Just google 'Teamviewer alternatives'

Hi All

Everyone getting this message and not prepared to pay for your specific usecase of Teamviewer, can just look for alternatives. I did so. And used my 5 minute access to install alternative software on my remote pcs. It took less than 30mins to be up and running with an alternative that provides all of the functionality I was using on teamviewer, for free, on my pc and all remote pcs.

It beats waiting weeks for Teamviewer to resolve this issue, only to be blocked again and again although your usecase never changes.

I dont think Teamviewer can ask you to move. And I dont think I will be allowed to post software names on this forum. So feel free to use the advice or not.

Good Luck!