Posted by Necronomikon
Photon

TeamViewer Usage

So I use TeamViewer to remote in to my computers at home from my computer at work. Now the software has flagged my sessions as corporate use when I dont use TeamViewer for work purposes.

Any ideas on how to get it to remove the flag?

Posted by macshane
Digon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

clanmcwood wrote : 

Get rid of TV people get -beeeeep- instead its great and if you want to buy it its SIX TIMES CHEAPER than TV and better 

I use it for a week now, with PC and Mac. It is absolutly perfect for my kind of use (control friend or family computers and my vidéos server). It is simple as TV, and it is very simple to install the client to take control of a computer whithout password. About the price, the first level is really not expansive but free version is great for familial (and a little more !) usage !

I've totally forget TV, now. RIP.

Posted by MJM
Henagon

Re: Disconnect after one minute

This doesn't help. This pertains to personal use and it disconnects after about 1 minute. And it makes you wait 10 minutes bfore allowing you to reconnect.

Posted by kkoz83
Henagon

Re: Disconnect after one minute

Same issue here :(

Posted by rokonn
Henagon

Teamviewer getting blocked

I am an 80 yr old retired disabled Navy veteran and have been using Teamviewer for a few years to help my family and a few friends with their computers.  I am unable to get to each of them due to my condition.  I promise you I have never logged onto any PCs other than private ones and I have never taken anything from those that I have helped.  It is just a means of keeping mentally fit.  Please do what ever checking you have to and please restore my valued Teamviewer ASAP.  Thank you

Posted by gquiring
Digon

Re: Teamviewer getting blocked

I got the same problem today and users are complaining about the same issue on Redit. Apparently free is no longer free for personal use.  $49 a month is way too high to help a friend.  

Posted by keyreel
Digon

Commercial use, block, 15 sec... What's happening?

I've been using teamviewer for long time! I never had any problem. I use to help my friends and my family

Now I moved to different apartment and it is saying I'm using it commercially!

What's happening, I'm really dissapointed. I can use connection like for 1 min only now. I mean what am I doing wrong? I'm using teamviewer as usual.

HELP!

Posted by rtxpresident
Photon

Re: Commercial use, block, 15 sec... What's happening?

Same problem here.

Posted by speedy2511
Henagon

I have the same problem, and can not contact the support ?????

Posted by amirsachs
Electron

TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

I have a commercial license which I use to connect to my clients computers. At one of my clients, the owner of the company who travels extensivley is using teamiewer to access his desktop from his laptop/ipad.

He was recently flagged as using the software commerically. He logged a ticket with teamviewer and they emailed back to say: 

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer account has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

However, he is still unable to access his desktop from the laptop, and is getting the same message as before "The trial license of your connection partner has expired".

Can you point me in the right direction to try and assist him with this?

Thanks

Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Hi @amirsachs

Thanks for your post.

Since the error message says that the remote device is on an expired trial, it looks like your client chose "commercial" when installing the software. This is independent from the unblock for his device which has been suspected as commercial use. 

This article gives you some additional information about the expired trial: Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired' ?

Just to clarify: The "trial" and the "commercial use suspected/detected"-topics are two different things.

I hope this info help you and your client.

Best, Esther

Posted by Activ3
Henagon

TeamViewer free license

Why does not my free license work any more?

Does not work more than 1 minute.

It claims that I'm on business networks, but I'm on my private network.

Posted by reverendzodiac
Photon

Re: TeamViewer free license

I am having this same issue when trying to connect to my home computers from my work computer or my phone. I then get a message when I try to reconnect that I am blocked for 10 minutes. Very frustrating.
Posted by dmitrytu
Electron

A similar problem from a home computer to a home computer

Posted by jermontre
Photon

Same issue. 

Posted by PeterHah
Trigon

Same here - suddenly it tells me it detected I would use it commercially. I never did that - I'm helping one of my friends once a month, or use it to check remotely if my home computer has some issue when something doesn't seem to work properly, or when I need some info I have stored only on my home computer. And that happens every blue moon.

Posted by Lajull
Henagon

Idem, same probleme - 10mn to reconnect Oo
Posted by none4u
Henagon

Having the same problem and now the application is threatening me with account suspension.  This business detecting algorithm is getting way too aggressive.  I have sent in so many tickets and they still can't seem to figure out how to unflag my account.

Posted by mattsilva7
Digon

Team viewer 13 detects commerial Use?

I have been using team viewer for years for personal use. one family member and a couple friends.  I have never had any problems until now.  I was able to find the "Personal Use Verification form", and submitted that after being told its really quick. 

I just called in to get an idea of the turn around time and they are telling me up to 30 days?! or just pay the subscription?!  

Its free for personal use or it isnt.  This is used conecting from my home to another home. not to a business, not to a server, etc.  I dont see how this was triggered.

I'd gladly pay 25+/year for personal use, but this just feels like a push to make ppl subscribe.  There are many free options but obviously I'm here because I think TV is the best option.

Any suggestions would be appreciated to expedite the issue.

Posted by b1oall23
Henagon

Re: Team viewer 13 detects commerial Use?

Same thing for me.  I use it with family and friends and they told me that I use it on commercial use.  Where did they take it???????

Posted by Dragomasta11
Henagon

Same thing is happening to me. I attempted to send in the form to prove that i have only been using for personal use but upon looking in the teamviewer file there isn't a log file there so I cant submit. Is there anything that can done about this?

Posted by joshmanea
Henagon

I'm having the same problem.  My free Teamviewer account thinks I am using it commercially.  I'm only using it occasionally to remote control one of my home computers to press a button quickly and then I log out.  Also, I have a ministry pastor I occasionally help him with tech stuff and he is in Spain.  I've never used it commecially.  Please help.  It locks me out after a few seconds and it's unusable.

Thanks

Josh

Posted by Psy-Virus
Electron

Same for me Josh.
I'm using it for my server that's right behind me, 'cause I'm lazy :D
And also for a bunch of friends, if they need support. If I would get paid for that it would be nice but hey - you don't get paid by your friends for PC support. O.o

C'mon TV-Team, what's happening?
Btw. All that begun after I helped someone new yesterday for about 10 seconds, finding a program in the hidden taskbar menu of Windows.

Is there a new user limit that jumps in and activates that (We think u're using the software commercially) stuff?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: And to make it clear, I'm doing all this on a voluntary basis. No money, no company, no anything, just being a good guy. :D

Posted by mattsilva7
Digon

Just happened today, so we'll have to wait and see.  There are many options free and paid, but teamviewer works well and I like the interface.  

Like I said, I'd pay for a personal use license, but I'm not paying anywhere close to $600 per year to use once in a while.

With all the reports of the same problem, it feels like this is a push to catch commercial use. I understand that but if it cant be addressed and corrected quickly, then its simply not worth the effort.  There may be no desire to address free users, but there has to be a percentage of free users that convert for business. Why risk loosing those conversions on falsely flagged accounts?

Posted by Former Staff AlanW1
Former Staff

Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting. 

Please kindly refer to the article for more information about the commercial use. If you believe you are not a commercial user, you can fill the personal use verification form in the article and our engineer will check it.

Posted by Former Staff AlanW1
Former Staff

Hi Psy-Virus

Thank you for posting. 

Please kindly refer to the article for more information about the commercial use.

Posted by pauldubbs
Photon

[deleted by moderator]  I highly suggest it. Available at the [deleted by moderator]  

Posted by mattsilva7
Digon

ty, I'll check it out.  I can work with anything but TV is great for the computer illiterate as well.

I should have mentioned I need something cross platform, as well.  Hoping they simply address my use tho so I can stay with TV

Posted by PrinceVegeta
Electron

Can't stay connected no more than 15 seconds?

After 15 seconds are up, it forces me to disconnect and it says to purchase a  license.  I thought this was free for personal use?

Guess I was wrong...

Posted by balrog9
Digon

I looked up other applications that can do the same job and found real and ultra **Third Party Product**. I used to use them before I found Teamiviewer, which I liked because I didn't have to constantly try and remember the IPs of my various machines but now I am going to go back to **Third Party Product**. I have had it with Teamsucks.

Posted by tarascon
Trigon

There is no algorithm. They are eliminating the more active users.

Posted by owenegan
Digon

@tarascon wrote:

Don't know about that.  I actively used TV infrequently, but got shut down. I did often leave a connection open to a second computer that didn't have its own monitor attached.  I guess that could count as "use" though.  Whatever.   Chrome Remote Desktop.  Free.  Works. No **bleep**.

Posted by tarascon
Trigon

@owenegan wrote:

@tarascon wrote:

Don't know about that.  I actively used TV infrequently, but got shut down. I did often leave a connection open to a second computer that didn't have its own monitor attached.  I guess that could count as "use" though.  Whatever.   Chrome Remote Desktop.  Free.  Works. No **bleep**.

You bet that's use.

Posted by AkshayB
Henagon

Re: How to change commercial use to private use or vice versa?

We are using as TeamViewer as Private (non commercial) but some how the Teamviewer have changed to Commercial and we are facing problem in it.

I request you to kindly check my log and please convert us back into Non Commercail use.

Thanking you

With regards

Posted by KampfKraut
Digon

What the **bleep**...

I had a total of 2 computers out of 5 which were detected incorrectly.

Then I sent TeamViewer a list with the IDs of all my PCs.

Results. Now comes with ALL computers the note I would use Teamviewer Commercial .... Seriously? SERIOUSLY????

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

After 6 weeks of vacation without any use of Teamviewer I am suspected to be a commercial user. Is that a joke?

Posted by maria_28
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer account has been reset to free, but is still limited

I have the same problem. I solved by uninstalling TeamViewer and installing it again. Good luck.

Posted by Preklek
Digon

Being accused of something I never did got me so mad I switched to **Third Party Product**

Posted by killrob
Henagon

Same issue here.... suddenly TW team thinks i use it for commercial purpose.... is very frustrating. And now they don't answer to private users, they send us here in the community where no one of the TW team read posts of complain about them...

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

Oh they read the posts. They censor any post that mentions alternatives to their software.
Posted by Preklek
Digon

Dear TeamViewer : you just ruined your society your last chance is to remove all the last commercial detections which happened this month, otherwise you'll lose thousands of people because there are a lot of alternatives which don't tell us lie to remove our free licence... And it makes you look quite unprofessional you'd better solve that issue quickly.
Posted by Bogmore
Digon

I've changed to another I won't mention, TeamViewer are now in my black books and I will inform anyone who asks me that their support is rubbish, I will even go as far as to say, their support for professional is just as bad.

It's now been well over a month and a half. They sent a email saying it was fixed when it wasn't.

Posted by waces
Trigon

Which is against their modus moderandi. I read through the forum guidelines by tv and no word about mentioning other _working_ solutions
Posted by waces
Trigon

Same here. Ticket opened on the 9th of june. Yesterday received a mail about the fix. Tested on all three machines and 2 was fixes. One still not.
Also, they "forgot" to provide the proof of commercial use (obviously as they cannot prove it as they just simply select the free users and ban them without any evidence. Friend of mine got banned on an account was not in used in the last months at all)
Amateurs.. amateurs everywhere
Posted by yaliyada
Electron

Having the same problem and now TV13 is threatening me with account suspension.

No longer able to access home computer from work to pay bill. No access to my parent's computer to play youtube (yes, they don't know how to type Chinese on keyboard). No more home PC to home PC.

This action is quite unprofessional.

Posted by Drekko
Henagon

Same problem here

Been using it on the same computers for years and now they keep blocking my connections and kicking me out

Im really a bit fed up and I am going to call them

Glad I am not the only one

Posted by etyien
Henagon

Hi.

My problem is same. One years ago the support team switched back personally usage, but now don't want to make nothing.This is business and they want to buy this. It is not correct.

They say it is free for not commercial users, but the program kicking out, and this want to make that buy license.. I will use other platform and other program to help my family, and friends.

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

It seems that Teamviewer reads the post since they censored a posting. Well, then this is the way to say Good Bye to Teamviewer. Yesterday I switched to another free remote support software. Within 5 minutes it was set up on the host and the client within my LAN. This included uninstalling Teamviewer. The next steps will be setting up the alternative on three computers of my relatives.

Posted by waces
Trigon

Yes, they are removing posts and banning users (mine will be banned soon as per the notes from the moderators - obviously I cannot quote them as it lead to banning). 

I'll move the whole thread including the messages from the mods to my blog and repost it to reddit. We won't get any valid answer from here just sharing the same experiences (as the mods said it's not helping each other).

It was a pleasure to be here and hope your issues will be fixed soon.

Just one more thing I learned in the hard way. If you opened a ticket then wait patiently as each and every mail you sent about the ticket (eg: replying the original mail) will lead to drop the ticket in the bottom of the queue (as per the wise words from one of the cool mods)

Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hi Everyone.

Firstly, the moderation team are NOT editing posts or banning users just because they are discussing the Commercial use detection topic.

If we were, this thread would not exist. The moderation team DO edit posts and ban users (after warnings) if the community guidelines are not followed. This is true in all areas of the community, not just this one thread.

However, as much as we understand users frustration, the moderation team cannot assist you with this issue, you must fill in the form and wait. We are now aiming to resolve all cases within 7 days.

@waces, Thank you for your engagement in this thread, but as already said via PM: Please keep in mind to stick to the community guidelines whether or not you decide to agree with them. Thank you for your understanding.

Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?