Posted by JWK_in_RVA
Trigon

Commercial Use Detected

Untitled.png

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Been using TV for years, but now it keeps timing out by itself???

I suggest looking through other posts to help you decide. The over-worked moderators of this site are very quick to mask names of any competitors posted here. However, it should not be that hard to find alternatves via a simple google search - Teamviewer alternatives shoud work.

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

Re: Been using TV for years, but now it keeps timing out by itself???

@Closed account Careful. They might start censoring the term Google search too.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

Re: Been using TV for years, but now it keeps timing out by itself???

@bazbsg : we can test the IA :) what more can we lose?!? :D

Posted by musicreporter
Digon

Re: Been using TV for years, but now it keeps timing out by itself???

yes

Posted by CoolBruno
Photon

Arbitrary defining me a Commercial Account stop me from helping my 89 year old parents

I only use Teamviewer to help my 89 year old parents and in-laws. For obvious reasons, they have challenges using the computers, including email. A few days ago Teamviewer arbitraily defined me a commercial account and now I have to wait at least seven days, after I completed the form,  for someone to do something. Meanwhile my parents cannot get their issue addressed. I would pay for a personal license if the proce was reasonable.

Posted by sarevok9
Neutron

Re: Arbitrary defining me a Commercial Account stop me from helping my 89 year old parents

Same thing -- Use it to help my mom and her boyfriend and to conected to my mining rig-- Commercial use detected.

TeamViewer, plz.

Posted by deusi
Electron

TeamViewer asks for licence key

Greetings,

I'm using TeamViewer for personal purposes. however, in about a week ago or so, the message saying that I'm using it for commercial purposes popped up and now it doesn't allow me to use it for more than 5 minutes. Normally, I wouldn't mind buying a product that I use somewhat frequently, however, 50 dollars per month is a bit too much for me. Is there a way to switch back to personal use?

Thank you!

Posted by sittingmongoose
Henagon

Flagged as a commercial user after I used while on vacation in a different country?

I use a free version of TeamViewer on my personal computers so I can see my pets when I am out of the house.  I have been using for about a year.  I went on vacation to Ireland last week and I got an error saying I was using for commercial use.  Now when i try to login, I get logged out after about a minute and I cant log back in.

 

All of my team viewer clients are fully updated to the newest version of 14.  

Posted by jordyheer
Henagon

Teamviewer license max 5 minutes connection

I've several times received the pop-up that I use teamviewer for commercial use. This isn't the case and my license is already unlocked / set to free twice.

Since the last set to free I am getting a pop-up that my license is only available for 5 minutes connection.

How can this being restored?

 

Posted by hmarcou
Photon

Re: Flagged as a commercial user after I used while on vacation in a different country?

I'm getting the same error. TV has worked for flawslessly until now, not sure why it thinks I'm commercial. Very frustrating

Posted by jordyheer
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer license max 5 minutes connection

Now I get also the commercial use message again. 

My account  was set to free last time approx 3 months ago.....

Posted by 2000SVT
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer license max 5 minutes connection

I have the same problem, however only when using 1 of my computers.  The other 2 work with no issues.  How did you get your account unlocked?  I"m not able to locate any type of support avenues other than this forum.

 

 

Posted by wolfien
Neutron

TeamViewer commercial problem...

Hello!

 

     I just want to write a message here so all users of TV will see what happend to me.

 

First of all Im not using it commercially AT ALL.  Only between my fews computers.  Since about 2 weeks I started to received that annoying message that I use is commercially.  Wow.. what kind of pathetic algorithm detect that? 

I wrote 2 messages at tech support.. still no word..  

Started to search the web for that issue.. and well well.. web is CROWDED by theses issue.  Tryed a couple of "fix" but nothing did work.  So whats the problem?  Well I seriously think that TV need some money.. and well Abuse from FREE user.  If TV want to sell there software.. they just have to remove the free version or maybe demo of 30 days?  Not faking some useless activity.  

 

TV is just a pathetic team with barely no support.  I`ve found few other software that work as good as TV,  and guess what? theses compagny dont nag me and dont TRY to detect what kind of usage im doing.

 

What really make me mad is the fact that I wasnt at all contacted before getting block.  Not a single warning.. "hey maybe you use it commercially? could you please explained it to us?"  No they drasticly cutted my account.

 

[removed per Community Guidelines]

 

Posted by aaronwt
Digon

Re: TeamViewer asks for licence key

I'm done with teamviewer. I found a substitue that doesn't have **bleep**s at the helm that have no clue what commercial use is. I got sick of all this teamviewER **bleep**.. now I just need to Uninstall TV from my six PCs and five tablets.

Posted by Poki6666
Electron

free license

I use your program for private purposes. Your program is constantly writing about commercial use. Please correct this. I want to keep using your program for home purposes

 

Best Regards

Marcin

Posted by Kvdence
Photon

Re: free license

Same issue here. Was going to make my own post. Thanks for this.
Posted by Tyberis81
Henagon

Re: free license

Same issue. I use my Teamviewer to remote into my headless PLEX media server at home. It's purely for personal entertainment, not commercial use at all and I keep getting the same message and I'm kicked out of my system within seconds even though it tells me I have 5 minutes. The server is running Linux and I am typically remoting in from a Win 10 machine, in case that helps. 

Posted by jbarnett12
Digon

Re: free license

I am using Teaviewer to remote to a Raspberry PI at home. I am also gettng this message connecting to two mac minis at home

I do not understand why this is happnng now it makes no sense

 

I have filled out the ticket but nothing yet

Posted by eugovector
Digon

Re: free license

Same issue for me. Within the past week, I'm now getting an assumed "commercial use" notice, even though I'm only using TV to connect to my home computer for personal use. It logs out within about 20 seconds, not 5 minutes. Have contacted support through the specific form for this issue, and no response after a week or so. Very frustrated and if this isn't resolved soon, will have to tell folks to stay away. I've written a positive review on Capterra, but will need to change that.

Posted by wolfien
Neutron

Re: Trail Period Expired is there a way to revert to free version ?

yeah I guess so.. they are like faking being busy.. well in fact they MUST be busy.. programming some weird algorithm to detect the usage of TV. lol.. pathetic compagny. i'll NEVER install anything from this compagny and further more, I will recommend ALL the user / industries I know to stop using this.  There`s some LOTS better software.  

Posted by JWK_in_RVA
Trigon

TeamViewer, My patience and your time to fix this is running out...

 

TeamViewer,

My patience and your time to fix this problem is running out, if you even want to fix this.

I vote with my feet!

The last time I reversed a decision to return to a VALUED vendor, free or otherwise, after such a serious breach in confidence, it took 20 years to give them a second chance and during that 20-year hiatius, I took EVERY SINGLE OPPORTUNITY to speak poorly of them.

... and you can take that to the bank!

Regrettably,

JWK_in_RVA

 

Posted by aaronwt
Digon

Re: TeamViewer asks for licence key

Yes. iused it as a backup to teamviewer. Now I'm using it as a backup to **Third Party Product**

I got sick of all the erroneous commercial use **bleep**. So long Teamviewer. You will not be missed.

Posted by Sum1431
Henagon

Re: free license

The company continues to say that non-commercial use is free.
But that is a lie.
If commercial use is detected, give up and uninstall.
Even if you apply for a resett according to the guidance, they will not respond properly.
Fortunately, even if it is reset, it is again treated for commercial use.
There are other software that can be used for free.
Searching is easy to find.

Posted by Toimisto
Henagon

Unauthorized remote access blocked

Hello

 

I have a non-commercial version of Teamviewer. For some reason, the teamviewer says the connection was blocked because commercial use is suspected. This happens when I try to connect a teamviewer connection to my computer. The machine's user name is: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

I have not used Teamviewer commercially and I hope this block can be removed from me. I have followed all the rules of what is associated with a non-commercial license teamviewer. I have not broken the rules and I want this block to be removed so that.

Thank you

 

Best regards

Matias Isosomppi

Posted by JWK_in_RVA
Trigon

We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!

 

Fellows, did you ever ask the cute cheerleader to go to two school dances and get turned down both times only to then ask her to go to your friend's house party and she turns you down again and then for some foolish reason you thought she would eventually come around, so you asked her three times to go to the movies and got turned down three times? Joe did.

Joe had one last chance to win her over, the Prom. (Yes, I hear you chuckling because we all know the outcome!)

Well, we are as foolish as Joe. We come to this forum write our pleading notes, poems and love letters to TeamViewer, driven by confidence, hopefulness or foolishness, waiting for TeamViewer to poke its head out of the door and say "Joe, I would love to go to the Prom with you and dance all night."

Joe didn't take the cute cheerleader to the Prom and we will never use TeamViewer without tremendous limitations and inconvenience. Unlike Joe, I would not go rent the tux!

Posted by JWK_in_RVA
Trigon

Re: We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!


@JWK_in_RVA wrote:

 

Fellows, did you ever ask the cute cheerleader to go to two school dances and get turned down both times... Joe did.

Well, we are as foolish as Joe... 

Joe didn't take the cute cheerleader to the Prom and we will never use TeamViewer without tremendous limitations and inconvenience. Unlike Joe, I would not go rent the tux!


 

However, I am proud to say this afternoon I will be uninstalling TeamViewer and leaving this forum.

... and yes I am proud of myself!

Posted by bob152637485
Electron

Leaving TeamViewer with Heavy Heart

I do not know if this will actually get read or not by TeamViewer staff, but I wanted to make an effort. Normally I'm not one to post either, which should go to show my dissatisfaction.

I have been a loyal teamviewer user for about 10 years. I have tried other remote desktop software, and this was by far my favorite. Easy to set up, simple to use, and with a couple of nifty features like file transfer and being able to view the remote cursor, I really had no complaints.

Over the years, I have only used the free license of TeamViewer. From my point of view, it seemed to be more off the honor system than anything, but I have a high regard for honesty, and I thus have never used it for commercial use. I have 3 or 4 personal computers I have it installed on at home, and I found it very convenient being able to remote in to any of them from a computer at work, church, or even my phone. The no install executable was invaluable in this, as I didn't even have to worry about no software installation policies at these various places.

By now, many of you probably know where this is going. 10 days ago now, while remoting in to a home computer to play some games, my connection randomly closed, and I got a popup saying that I was suspected of using teamviewer commercially. I tried to connect to 2 other of my computers, only to find that they, too, were detected for commercial use.

After some searches on the TeamViewer website, I was able to find the form to submit a claim for false commercial usage. This was quite a relief, because I figured since I had nothing to hide, this would be cleared up pretty quick. After filling out the form for each of the TeamViewer IDs I was trying to connect to(my 3 home computers I attempted earlier), I patiently waited. For one, I was a little disappointed that I didn't get some sort of confirmation email that my form was received, so confirmation page after submitting the form was all I had to go off of. Next, the form said that I should get a reply within 7 days. It has now been 10 days since I submitted the forms, and I still have heard nothing(yes, I checked my spam mail too). As the icing on the cake, on day 7 I tried to call their customer support, to see if there was any update on the status of my claim. Well, it turns out that as a free user, you aren't even allowed to speak to a support representative unless you are looking into upgrading your account.

Looking at various forms online, many people are speculating that there is some sort of conspiracy, and that TeamViewer is intentionally marking out false postivies for commercial use, to try and force free users to upgrade. While I hate to think that the company would stoop so low, I must say that I cannot dismiss the possibility at this point.

TeamViewer, I am sorry it has come to this, but I am afraid that you have lost a very loyal user of your services. I would gladly continue using your product if you were to reactivate my account, but as it stands, I think that I must now move on to one of the other remote desktop applications that exist out there.

Posted by bob152637485
Electron

Re: We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!


@JWK_in_RVA wrote:

@JWK_in_RVA wrote:

 

Fellows, did you ever ask the cute cheerleader to go to two school dances and get turned down both times... Joe did.

Well, we are as foolish as Joe... 

Joe didn't take the cute cheerleader to the Prom and we will never use TeamViewer without tremendous limitations and inconvenience. Unlike Joe, I would not go rent the tux!


 

However, I am proud to say this afternoon I will be uninstalling TeamViewer and leaving this forum.

... and yes I am proud of myself!



Ha, I just finished my sappy letter to TeamViewer, and they moved it from the new thread I had started to the bottom of this thread! I think I just got rejected for prom...

Posted by dcresident
Henagon

Personal Use

Hi, you advertise your product as free for personal use.  I go to work one day a week, for 3 hours.  While there, I log into my home computer to check my email.  For some reason, you have flagged me as commercial use.  Is there anyway I can continue to check my emails

Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

Re: We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!

The cute cheerleader eventually becomes the obese alcoholic so you can do the math... :-D
Hint: someone has been binging on commercial cake in the last month. lol

Posted by Cutsman
Trigon

Re: We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!

 Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for your request regarding being unblocked from using the free version of TeamViewer. After reviewing the information provided to us, we were unable to confirm that the submitted ID is being used privately.

Requiring commercial users to purchase a license is also part of our effort to maintain the free version, and to therefore make help accessible to everyone. The free version is for people who are using it to help family and friends.

To continue using TeamViewer, there are two options for you to consider:

1) We encourage you to purchase a license that fits your needs: https://www.teamviewer.com/pricing

If you need help finding the perfect license, our sales team will be happy to assist you personally: +49 (0)7161 60692 50

2) THIS FORM is a declaration of private use that needs to be printed, signed personally and sent back to us to the following email address [email address removed - only direct replies to requests are assesed]

When you return this to us, we will review your response confirming your declaration of private use and use this to determine whether we can re-enable your use of TeamViewer.

For more information regarding the commercial use of the free version of TeamViewer, please refer to our community statement: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-...


We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Your TeamViewer Team

I'm sorry but this sad attempt to essentially not help and make me jump through another hoop made me laugh. Good luck TV, wherever the heck you're going. I'm done with you. [Removed per Community Guidelines - Sales/Solicitation policy]

Posted by eugovector
Digon

Re: We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!

 Just got this, there is hope:

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

Why was my access to TeamViewer limited?

You were asked to purchase a TeamViewer license because your usage pattern suggested that you were using TeamViewer in a commercial environment. To be able to keep a free version of TeamViewer, we must make sure that commercial users purchase a license. Unfortunately, it can happen that we detect commercial use where this is not the case.

We would like to address the most important questions of the TeamViewer community regarding commercial / personal use.


1. “Is TeamViewer cancelling the free usage of its software?”

No. TeamViewer is free for personal use, and we are committed to this remaining so. Personal use means that you are not using TeamViewer for purposes that are either directly or indirectly paid. Commercial use includes providing support to colleagues and clients, working remotely via TeamViewer, monitoring company hardware, etc. Read more about commercial use.


2. “I believe blocking personal users from using TeamViewer for free is unethical.”

We believe that providing and receiving help should not be a privilege for those who pay. Therefore we offer a free version of TeamViewer with many features. Implementing a mechanism to detect commercial use is part of our commitment to this idea. We do not target personal users but unfortunately, in some cases, personal users can be affected. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and promise to continue to refine this mechanism.


3. “What is the motive behind blocking free users?”

We have taken this step because commercial users should not be able to use our free version. This way, we ensure our ability to offer a free version of TeamViewer with great features, performance, and possibilities.

We would like to thank our users who use TeamViewer as intended and help us to provide a free version for our personal users. Our vision is to empower people to help people, and we will always act accordingly.

Kind regards,
Your TeamViewer Team

Posted by jbarnett12
Digon

Re: We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!

Yes I got this today as well do - there must be hope at last!

Posted by toremf
Trigon

Re: personal use HOW?

What TV don't tell us is what kind of algorithm they are using to claim

However, some users are using the free version commercially. How do you decide?
We will reset your TeamViewer ID if private usage is confirmed How do you confirm?

Posted by eugovector
Digon

Re: We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!

I spoke too soon, I'm still getting the commercial use email even after restarting and logging back in. What do I do now? Submit another form? Anyone else having this problem after receiving an email reinstating their license?

Posted by aaronwt
Digon

Re: Personal Use


@dcresident wrote:

Hi, you advertise your product as free for personal use.  I go to work one day a week, for 3 hours.  While there, I log into my home computer to check my email.  For some reason, you have flagged me as commercial use.  Is there anyway I can continue to check my emails


Yes. Use another product. I finally got Teamviewer off my last PC today. I will not miss them erroneously accusing me of commercial use.

Good Riddance!!

Posted by DrEvilB
Henagon

personal usage restrictions are out of control now

Look.  If you no longer wnat to have a personal version, then just say that.  Recently my connections are saying that I am a commercial user (I am NOT), and now its limiting reconnects.  I use ths to help friends and family and to connect to my computers in my other room.  It has been really convienient.  While I understand its free...so why complain...  but still, you need to hear how its making it not useful for me to use any longer.  

I would be more than happy to subscribe to a personal plan without restrictions but you dont have one, and the prcing model you have is HIGH HIGH HIGH.  

So my question...  Is this going to get changed or is this the path the company is moving towards?  

 

Posted by Tugger
Henagon

Re: personal usage restrictions are out of control now

Completely agree and came to post something similar.

I hadn't used TV in over a week and try to help a friend and get the commercial use detected. Adjust the algorithm, it's out of control.
Posted by jasandrs
Neutron

Re: I don't think they actually have any intention fixing it.

I have switched to using **Third Party Product**. Works really well! Connects a lot faster than Teamviewer does. Only downside is the file transfer size is max 500 Mb.

Posted by Tugger
Henagon

Re: I don't think they actually have any intention fixing it.

You can't say Google here?!
Posted by Tugger
Henagon

Re: I don't think they actually have any intention fixing it.

Use Google drive. That doesn't even allow remote connections but they don't complain about commercial use. My 'work' uses it.
Posted by zoltarDO
Henagon

Commercial Status lifted but still getting popups

Hey all,

I was recently tagged as commercial user and had it appropriately lifted back to personal. I am still getting the popup when I login that says I am a commercial user. When I use my laptop, however, I am able to use teamviewer like I always have. When I use my phone, I get the popup and I am quickly logged back off as if I am still tagged as commercial. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Posted by sornord
Trigon

Re: Commercial Status lifted but still getting popups

Me too.  Free status restored yesterday afternoon.  Logged from tablet to PC normally, but an hour or two later, same tablet and PC got the commercial use pop up.  This is getting old...

Posted by b-earl
Digon

Re: Personal Use

I would recommend you to check the mails via the smartphone or get an e-mail account with imap server soyou can check the mailfrom any browser or PC.

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!

@eugovector - until the next time they decide you are doing something "commercial" again. This could happen within 1 day or it could happen within 1 month - who wants to work with such uncertainty?

Several users have posted in this and other response threads, that they have been repeatedly been disabled. There are no definite rules which define what constitutes "commercial" - was it the IP I came from? was it the amount of time, data? Was it because I wore a grey suit instead of a red one? Who knows?

TV has shown its true colours - once betrayed, I do not give my trust back to any product. Businesses who want my custom, free or otherwise must behave in a manner which is trustworthy They should trust us not to misuse their product, just as we have to trust them not to behave like dictators.

Even if we are customers using the free product, we have value to them - we promote them, when we talk about the product to colleagues, friends, familes. Those conversations lead to business relationships. Good reviews always generate business, bad ones destroy businesses.

This new practice from TV will shut them down - that is a guarantee. Commercially, they have taken several hits in the last couple of years for security issues. They have been lack-listed by several large companies. There are several competitors around now, all offering similar or better products, so TV is not as strong as they used to be.

I've moved on - I no longer use TV (I received a similar email as the one you did). I'm active on this forum for now, but not for much longer. Google's product is free, so much simpler and easier to use, I wonder why I stayed with TV for so long.

Posted by claytone
Digon

Re: Commercial Status lifted but still getting popups


@sornord wrote:

Me too.  Free status restored yesterday afternoon.  Logged from tablet to PC normally, but an hour or two later, same tablet and PC got the commercial use pop up.  This is getting old...


The protest form you fill out requests the numeric address of just one system (### ### ###). So maybe the ban got lifted for the tablet or the PC, but the other is still regarded as commercial. As soon as they talk, it's "commercial use" again. Just a guess on that.

I filled out the form, and a week or so later got an email saying they couldn't verify non-commercial use based on the information I supplied. There's an old principle, "it's hard to prove a negative", which might apply, but I don't think logic is going to work here. The email included a form which I was invited to fill out and sign. The form includes name and address.

Again, an appeal to logic, maybe with a touch of ethics. I've done nothing wrong, but you say you don't trust me. You ask me to supply detailed personal information, but don't say why you need it or how you intend to use it. Why should I trust you?

As previously mentioned, I've moved on to an alternate solution.

Posted by sornord
Trigon

Re: Commercial Status lifted but still getting popups

They did the same thing about a year ago, and I have the same tablets, PCs, and TV IDs and logon/profile as then.  The only thing that even MAY be new are a couple of cell phones, which are RARELY used with TV...and then just to load them up with audio files for playing in the car.  I haven't been able to update my music corner PC or DVR PC since they did this as they don't have monitors attached.  I'd TV from my tablet to those to control A/V playback streamed to A/V devices in bedrooms or living rooms.

Posted by NickE
Henagon

Re: We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!

Yup, same here. I just submitted another ticket.
Posted by jbarnett12
Digon

Re: We are really beginning to embarrass ourselves!

This is actually insane why are we not getting information from TeamViewer

I filled out the form  and got the restruction lifted. I am trying to get onto a headless Raspberry PI. I am npt getting the pop- up back and my access to the PI bloked in spite of TeamViewer so my id had been reset to free.

The other question I would ask is why the person monitoring this forum for TV is delete references to a third party product rather than addressing our concerns.

This seem to border on the insane?