Posted by aryone
Electron

Re: Alert for not domestic use

I receive the follwing message from team viewer.

01.JPG

I never use the teamviewer for commercial. It look like I have to use another software.  [removed per Community Guidelines

Posted by GuilhermeO
Digon

No server here. This product is completelly unreliable for domestic use. We never know when it will be available or not.  Getting tired.

Posted by GuilhermeO
Digon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

@GuilhermeO wrote:

Actually im still waiting for a reply on this episode.

I once paid for a tool called **Third Party Product**, but they had security related issues and since then all antivirus apps detect the tool as a trojan horse. Its a pretty good tool despite its bad reputation. 

Looking for a TV substitute recomendation. Anyone?

Cheers.

Look up on my last post. They censored the product name.
Someone else made a suggestion of another tool and they deleted the post. These guys are awesome!

This product is unreliable for domestic use and also their support staff doesnt exist. Will move to something else.

Now Teamviewer, go ahead and delete my post if you are unable to listen for critics.

Posted by susmitkumar
Henagon

TV System thinks I am a commercial entity...I am not, help!

Hi,
I am a postdoc at University of Oslo, and I ocassionally use TV to access the laboratory computer to observe and modify my experiements remotely from home or outside, using my home computer or my mobile phone. Some time ago, I had done a TV session on my mobile phone using the 4G network, which was considered by your system to be a commercial use and has since restricted by access to the above computer to only 30s. Can you please fix this issue that I am having, so that, I have longer access times to this computer? Thank you very much in advance. Kind regards,
Susmit

Posted by TonyaG
Digon

Having to hand sign "Declaration of Private Use" form and send it to TeamViewer

TeamViewer was unable to determine that I am using the TeamViewer app on my android phone personally. I don't understand why?!!! I only use it in my home with my android phone connected to my Personal Home Wifi network!!! Whether I use it for pure laziness or whatever, I use it to connect to one of my laptops at home and WITHIN MY HOME to check for updates, close out Chrome, cast something from my laptop to my TV using Chromecast etc. without having to physically go to one of my laptops and open them up to do this!!! I don't understand why they couldn't determine that this wasn't personal stuff!!! I ONLY use it at home connected to my Home Wifi!!! I don't get it! TeamViewer, please reconsider your decision! I don't want to have to go through the trouble of printing off that form, personally signing it, then scanning it into my laptop, and then sending it as a PDF to the email address you provided!!! I think the ink in my printer is dried up - Why are you making this so hard for me?!!!

Posted by GuilhermeO
Digon

Re: Having to hand sign "Declaration of Private Use" form and send it to TeamViewer

Well, after reading all these complaints and having my own negative experience, I'm done with TV. Uninstalled it from my both computers that I was using it. Moved to the "other" software and so far is working nicely. 

Posted by Pirete5
Electron

free Liscence got blocked

Hello,

i have had a free liscence for around 2years now, today suddently it got blocked without any notice. 

Could u help re-activate the liscence please.

Posted by Pirete5
Electron

in the meantime [removed per Community Guidelines] but totally not a smooth as teamvieuwer tho, until teamvieuwer gets it fixed, am gonna keep using that :) 

@aryone wrote:

I receive the follwing message from team viewer.

01.JPG

I never use the teamviewer for commercial. It look like I have to use another software. [removed per Community Guidelines]

Posted by ayoung0987
Photon

My account suddenly says its a commercial account. It's not. Keeps kicking me off.

I've had my account for many years.  It's a personal account.  I just use for my own home machines.

Suddenly it's now kicking me off saying it's a commercial account.

Trying to "submit a ticket" and i just get brought to the community page.  I figure I actually need someone from Teamviewer to fix this.

Any idea how I actually do that?

Thanks!

Posted by micheleb24
Henagon

Re: My account suddenly says its a commercial account. It's not. Keeps kicking me off.

i am a long time user of TeamViewer for personal use.  I have 5 computers in an account, and one of them now is saying it's for commerical use.  It is not.

Can't submit a ticket as I have done previously to have this corrected.

How can this be corrected ?

Posted by susmitkumar
Henagon

Re: My account suddenly says its a commercial account. It's not. Keeps kicking me off.

Fill the form to the left and wait till TV contacts you. 

Link: https://www.teamviewer.com/reset/

Posted by n9yty
Henagon

Business use? How to get help, it is not for business

I don't use this much, and never for business I only used it for my computer very rarely and to help a few other friends when they are stuck. But I got an email a while back saying they suspected I was using it for business, I replied and never heard anything. Today I opened it for the first time since then and got a message saying it was business use and would be terminated in five minutes. I can find out how to get in touch with anyone, how can I get this resolved?

Posted by Magitroopa
Henagon

Re: Reset Team viewer

This is me right now... I sent in a request and they reset it, but I am still getting the commercial use message. So annoying!

Posted by FrodeE
Digon

Re: Commercial use detected

I did the same months ago, no response. I don't know how many times I've filled in the forms saying that I'm not using this non-commercial...

I wonder if teamviewer is in economical trouble since they are now claiming so many private users being commercial....

Posted by GuilhermeO
Digon

Re: Commercial use detected

I believw greedy is the right word 

Posted by mreker1
Electron

I have tried to use the reset form at:https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset/ but received this error message:

"Error
Sorry for the inconvenience, please try again later.
If the problem persists, please contact our helpdesk staff."

I can't contact support via a form because I only have the free version.Hopefully someone from Support monitors this thread.

Posted by MikeValentsov
Henagon

Warning about commercial using under free license

hello Sirs

yesterday i has tried to help my friend

we both use teamviewer only for home not commercial, and newer use for commercial
my PC in my home (connected to wire provider named Almatel network, and my friend use Notebook connected to internet via WiFi to he cellphone (used LTE internet via russian BeeLine cellular network, Moscow)
My friend ask me for i help microphone gain issue only
When i try to connect to my friend - TeamViewer warn me - i am or my friend use FOR COMMERCIAL , and strict my time to shortly, so i cannot help my friend (

My ID is: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**
My friend ID is: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

Why Teamviewer warned me and stricted my time?
i not use for commercial TeamViewer
i just sometime fully free help my friends only

Mikl777
Posted by keynote9
Digon

I am also having the same issue. I filled out the form and everything and today I got that popup again. This is rediculous. I did get an email that said again that it was reset but its not. Not sure why this is still happening and its the same PCs and nothing has changed.

Posted by GuilhermeO
Digon

Re: Warning about commercial using under free license

TeamViewer is not reliable for domestic use anymore. Use another product. Search with Google and you'll find a very good product. Unfortunately I can't post the name here as this post will be deleted. Looks like this company doesn't trust anymore on the quality of its own product otherwise it wouldn't give a **bleep** if someone suggests something else...

Posted by keynote9
Digon

Re: Warning about commercial using under free license

Please email me if you can.

Posted by loopygram
Digon

I had no trouble getting to the form but it seems to be an exercise in futility.  In November I sent a long email about how I use Team Viewer and after 2 or 3 weeks I got a response that they were resetting me to the free version which I've used for years.  Nothing changed...the popup continued.

Early in Dec I sent another form stating the same info and a couple of days ago I got a response that said they were resetting me to free usage but again it hasn't happened so today I sent another request with the same info and if the same issue persists then I will have to find another one because this is not only annoying but a waste of time when you have to wait to log in.  Grrrrrr

Posted by keynote9
Digon

Samething.. I even sent in a faxed hand written letter that they requested to keep it free and its still happening.

Posted by TonyaG
Digon

Re: Having to hand sign "Declaration of Private Use" form and send it to TeamViewer

@TonyaG wrote:

TeamViewer was unable to determine that I am using the TeamViewer app on my android phone personally. I don't understand why?!!! I only use it in my home with my android phone connected to my Personal Home Wifi network!!! Whether I use it for pure laziness or whatever, I use it to connect to one of my laptops at home and WITHIN MY HOME to check for updates, close out Chrome, cast something from my laptop to my TV using Chromecast etc. without having to physically go to one of my laptops and open them up to do this!!! I don't understand why they couldn't determine that this wasn't personal stuff!!! I ONLY use it at home connected to my Home Wifi!!! I don't get it! TeamViewer, please reconsider your decision! I don't want to have to go through the trouble of printing off that form, personally signing it, then scanning it into my laptop, and then sending it as a PDF to the email address you provided!!! I think the ink in my printer is dried up - Why are you making this so hard for me?!!!

Update: I was able to get TeamViewer unblocked on my android phone by filling out the Declaration of Private Use form using Adobe Acrobat on my laptop and choosing the "fill and sign" option in Adobe Acrobat and sending it to TeamViewer. I just discovered today that I can connect to my laptops in my home from my android phone while in my home without getting the "Commercial use detected..." message. I hope I don't have to go through this again!

Posted by Artirles
Trigon

This is beyond ridicious. I had about a few months work trying to get my ID unblocked , had to sign the form and email back to them. Now they emailed me saying it was unblockd.

But no, I connect again. I IMMEDIATLY get the commercial notification again.

I am done. Done with Teamviewer. This isn't worth my time anymore.

Posted by tempesta
Henagon

teamviewer commercial use

I have had this account for many years and for some time I have been making the mistake that I make commercial use
It already happened years ago and I had replied by sending a message to the support but now I can't find the email sent years ago
How can I solve it?
Posted by squenca
Photon

My teamviewer license switched from private use to commercial

Hi, as I updated my teamviewer license, it somehow switched from private use to commercial. So now my remote access is restricted to a time window to only few seconds.

Do you know why it happened, and how can I fix the problem? I have no idea why this did happened, since I am still only using my teamviewer for private use. Thanks!

Posted by Kelledzhyan
Henagon

Re: [German] Webinar: Skalierbarer Fernsupport mit TeamViewer Tensor

Hello! I have installed a free version of a software product, not long ago your program began to block in work giving me 5 minutes, with suspicion of commercial activity. but I do not do this. Please understand and unlock my devices. thanks.

Posted by miketorb
Electron

Re: Sudden time limit??

Timing out after 60 seconds.  Just upgraded to v15.  Message is: "Your TeamViewer sessioin has timed out and will be close."  No mention of suspected commercial use.  The only change is the upgrade.

Bug?  Config issue?  

Posted by greeeatscott
Henagon

Re: we've detected you're using Teamviewer on a business network

Ha! Same problem here, but the exact inverse! My laptop & desktop are also both on the same home network, and I get the same message. However, for me it happens when I connect from my home desktop to my home laptop, but not from my laptop to my desktop,or frin ny desktop to my Surface...

I mean i get the desire to crack down, but this is rediculous, How can both coputers be on the same IP address (Gateway IP and Public IP,), as well as on the same subnet, but ona of them is somehow only one of them is on a comercial network? ITS THE SAME NETWORK!

Posted by loopygram
Digon

Re: we've detected you're using Teamviewer on a business network

I gave up after 3 requests.  I took it off all my computers and am now using one that doesn't give me grief and I actually like it better.   I've been with team viewer for eons to help my sisters but sometimes change is a good thing.

Posted by loopygram
Digon

Go to  Link: https://www.teamviewer.com/reset/  scroll down and you will find a button to click to get the form or do what I did yesterday and go get another one that won't bug you.  I just got tired off it,

@ayoung0987 wrote:

I've had my account for many years.  It's a personal account.  I just use for my own home machines.

Suddenly it's now kicking me off saying it's a commercial account.

Trying to "submit a ticket" and i just get brought to the community page.  I figure I actually need someone from Teamviewer to fix this.

Any idea how I actually do that?

Thanks!

Posted by sled
Henagon

TV thinks I use it commercially, but he is wrong. I use it to swap between my computers and my family members, of which there are 5 and none of them are used for anything related to commerce. I am ready to provide any data to verify this circumstance. Of course, no one obliges TV to provide anyone with a free service, this is the decision of the company itself. But why the refusal of the service to motivate the wrong reasons. It also sounds insulting

Posted by lbartshe
Photon

Teamviewer thinks I am using it commercially, but I am not

I've been using Teamviewer now for years, I have it loaded on my 4 personal computers and I only ever remote between these 4 devices, for years. But today I went to remote into one and it says that TeamViewer will now close out you are using it commercially, but I am not. Because I am using the free version of TeamViewer, customer support won't even talk to me. Any suggestions or am I just s o l?

Posted by AlanL1
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer thinks I am using it commercially, but I am not

I used Teamviewer to help my 93 year old father who recently went blind with ReadAloud articles and to help him "read" and respond to emails, and pay his online bills so this is a critically needed capability.  I have been unable to get support staff to reset my ID.  The support page says Teamviewer will get back to you in 7 business days but in my case I initially waited two weeks and after getting no response or change to my status,  I resbumitted the form. It's now approaching another 2 weeks so I'm actively looking at alternate capabilities as I've given up hope that they will ever respond and or honor their statement that TeamViewer is free for personal use. Given the number of times this appears as a forum issue, this is a continuing widespread problem and it's made worse by the lack of action taken by Teamviewer to correct their errors or even respond to  requests for ID resets.

Posted by lbartshe
Photon

Re: Teamviewer thinks I am using it commercially, but I am not

Wow, thanks for letting me know and that sucks. I guess I should just forget about, uninstall it and switch to **Third Party Product** or one of the other dozen ones out there.[removed per Community Guidelines] Also, I think it is very nice you're helping your father out so much and I wish you both well.

Posted by wanou067
Photon

Non-commercial use

hello,

I can no longer use teamviewer because its says that i have used teamviewer for commercial use, but the problem is that is never used teamviewer for commercial use.

Can you help me ?

Posted by treptowers
Trigon

Re: Non-commercial use

This is 3rd ! Time that Teamviewer thinks that I use it commercial.... Never I do it. I use it only private.

Posted by Alexo
Digon

Re: Non-commercial use

k

Posted by loopygram
Digon

Don't hold your breath.  They've told me 3 times they will reset it but they don't so I removed it from my 2 computers and went with another one.  

Posted by Rarb
Henagon

I have the same problem. I get the prompt:

TeamViewer is being used commercially by you or your connection partner. Your session will terminate within minutes.

I'm using TeamViewer to connect from my personal Windows 10 Home Laptop, to my personal Windows 10 Home desktop - both in the same room, on the same home router.

I already requested an account investigation/reset once, which appeared to be successful (a few weeks ago) but I'm getting the same issue again.

Posted by Emabys
Henagon

Every 5 minutes... "your session teamviewer has expired and will be closed"

every time I connect to the remote PC, after 5 minutes of use the connection is interrupted with the message "your session teamviewer has expired and will be closed".
I tried to check the timeout options too but they are disabled.expired.png

Posted by Wardair
Digon

I am at the end of my tether with this problem. I have 3 PC's using TV. My wife has a laptop overseas that I need to access urgently but I have been flagged as a commercial user and keep getting cut off every time I try and connect. I have submitted forms on-line and also emailed a signed declaration form 9 days ago and still no response. I tweeted to Team Viewer Support and got told to be patient and submit extra forms for each PC. From reading this blog it is pretty clear TV do not want free users and I just wish they would be honest enough to say that and reset my account and give me servic e for a few days so I can switch to another package.

@Melonc wrote:

It took over a month, but TeamViewer finally reset my ID so that I am once again a "free user!"  It was frustrating for awhile and I have always used and loved TV, so I am so happy they examined my case and understood that I am not a paid helper at all, nor did I use it with clients.  I guess I would say to be patient (I sent in two requests) and eventually they do get around to you.

Good Luck.

Posted by clarkj663
Electron

Teamviewer is saying I use my account for commercial reasons?

For some reason my account says its flagged as commercial use. When all I do is use it to connect to my home computer from my phone or while I am at work. Im not using it in a commercial environment or even using it to manage a personal server thats working with a paid service. What the heck Teamviewer? Ive used you for the last 10+ years with no issue. Why so judgy all of a sudden? I need someone from teamviewer to describe to me what they think commercially means.. Beacause I think there is a mixup here.

Posted by phatent
Electron

Re: Teamviewer is saying I use my account for commercial reasons?

I just got the same problem... I am using the app 10+ years now... I had the issue once but resolved as I could write them but now there is no clear way to submit a form to them... 

Posted by NanaFlo
Henagon

I have already supposedly had my account reset on November 14th.  I tried to help my senior friend 2 days later and receivied the "Commercial usse detected" message and couldn't even connect with her to help.

They do not offer phone support for "FREE" users, so we are flying on our own... I am BEYOND frustrated at this point and am ready to ditch this now useless piece of junk software for something that will truly work for free so I can continue to help my friends and family who just happen to live far away from me.   

I have been a major supporter of TeamViewer for years, and now it seems they do not want people using their software for free  since a major update that was released juat over a month ago. 

Posted by sled
Henagon

I also got the impression that they want to reduce the number of free users, but instead of introducing clear restrictions on the time of use, the number of computers, etc. partly accuse some users of violating the rules of use. ...

Posted by Wardair
Digon

Accusing people of commecial use and blocking any use after 30 seconds is a truly awful tactic to reducing free users. 

I have filled the forms out emailed support restarted computers and still it does not work!

The lack of response and this long thread of complaints demonstrates how much Team Viewer doesn't want free users.

Is there no one in the community admin that can escalate this thread to TV management?

Posted by Wardair
Digon

Why is this thread labelled 'solved' when so many people are clearly unable to use the free service?

Posted by loopygram
Digon

@Wardair wrote:

Accusing people of commecial use and blocking any use after 30 seconds is a truly awful tactic to reducing free users. 

I have filled the forms out emailed support restarted computers and still it does not work!

The lack of response and this long thread of complaints demonstrates how much Team Viewer doesn't want free users.

Is there no one in the community admin that can escalate this thread to TV management?

I got sick of sending forms and explaining myself.  They always say they will reset it but they never do.  I used TV for at least 10 years and then I went to google and got another one that I like better.  Don't waste your time on this.

Posted by Yershov
Digon

Take your heads out of the sand

I totally don't understand these 545 local sufferers.
Once upon a time, there is an absolutely legal method for solving a problem.
Moreover, it does not in any way affects the rights of the company Teamviewer and they cannot present any claims to you.
All you need to do is change the hard disk serial number (the one you see when execute dir command) and MAC address of the network card of your computer. How to do this is easily searched on the Internet. In case you find it difficult, there is even a special application that do it for you and it also easy to find.