Using 2 Apple computers a laptop and a desktop

JimHaynes
JimHaynes Posts: 11 ✭✭

I am using both an iMac (desktop) and a MacBook Air (Laptop) both with TeamViewer installed. I can sign in with my MacBook Air OK but with my iMac I get a message, "The e-mail and password you entered do not match any accounts on record.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,970 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @JimHaynes,

Thank you for your message and welcome in the TeamViewer Community! ?

Technically, you can log in with your account email and your password from any device in the world, as long as the credentials you type in are correct.

I recommend you to try the following on the device where you have troubles to log in:

• Open the Notepad
    • type your email address - check if you spelt it correctly
      • Copy-Paste it in TeamViewer
    • Type your password - check if you spelt it correctly
      • Copy-Paste it in TeamViewer

And it should be working.
    Also, please make sure to close (without saving) the text file when you are done.

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• JimHaynes

Jean,

I did exactly as you suggested, the same error message.  I deleted the TeamViewer app and downloaded it again, same error message.

• JimHaynes

Jean,

I spoke to someone in sales who told me that I can not be signed into TeamViewer on 2 computes at the same time.  So I quit TeamViewer on my laptop, but I still can not sign-in to my account on my desktop. However, I still can not sign-in to TeamViewer on my desktop.  How do I sign-out of TeamViewer?  (It appears that quitting TeamViewer does not sign me out.)

• JeanK

@JimHaynes,

This is how to sign out of TeamViewer:

1. Open TeamViewer
    2. Click on your profile/name
    3. Click on the grey gear
    4. Click on Sign Out

Window.png

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• JimHaynes

Still no joy.  I signed out on my laptop, but could not sign-in on my desktop.

How do I save or paste a screenshot to this message?

• JimHaynes

I have TeamViewer installed on 2 Apple computers, a desktop, and a laptop. I can sign-in with my laptop but not my desktop.  Why?

• JimHaynes

Jean, I am new to this Community but know you are a moderator. I want you to know what I learned and how my problem was resolved with your help and other members of this community.

I discovered that only one computer registered to a common email address with TeamViewer can sign in at the same time.  I was trying to sign in with both my Desktop and Laptop.  While my Laptop was signed in, my desktop could not and would report that there was no record of my email address or password.  So I signed out of my laptop but still could not sign in with my desktop.  I had first installed TeamViewer on my desktop, then a few days later on my laptop.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @JimHaynes ,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, could you please try to reset your password to see if you can log into your account again. 

I hope this will be helpful ?

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • JimHaynes

I don't think I should reset my password as everything is working now.

• JeanK

@JimHaynes,

Thanks a lot for sharing your solution. ?

This will help other users and us for similar issues! ?? 

Best,

Jean

Community Manager