Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Samsung Knox and TeamViewer

Hi all fellow Samsung users,

we are happy to share the exciting news with you that we’ve entirely revamped our mobile apps, and with that: We are now fully compatible with the Samsung Knox security platform!

What does that mean for you?

1. Direct connection through Knox: No additional AddOn for Samsung devices must be downloaded and installed!
  2. Better connection performance!
  3. Support for even more devices likes Galaxy A and M series!
  4. New, fast, secure architecture!

Please allow me to invite you to update your TeamViewer QuickSupport and Host Apps on all Samsung Android Devices to ensure seamless remote connections to devices with Samsung Knox.

How to get the great new TeamViewer Apps?

• Install or update your QuickSupport and/or Host Android mobile apps to the newest version:
    1. You can do this easily through the Google Play Store app on your mobile.
    2. Or, by downloading the QuickSupport or Host app directly from TeamViewer’s website: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/android/

That´s it! Now you can connect easily from your PC or mobile device using TeamViewer.

Note: Corporate and Enterprise customers can update their mobile devices directly through their Mobile Device Management or Enterprise Mobility Management solutions.

Note: After mid-January 2020, the Add-On: Samsung will be discontinued

We hope you are enjoying the new and updated apps and the seamless TeamViewer experience.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

74 Replies
74 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Samsung Knox and TeamViewer

Nice. This update broke all of our Android Enterprise Samsung devices. Thank you and merry xmas!

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Galaxy S5 duos. Host ask for Knox. Enabled. Connection crash after one minute.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Samsung Galaxy S5: "Unfortunately, Host has stopped" Samsung Galaxy S8 seems to be working OK. the Host app doesn't stop like on the Samsung Galaxy S5
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Downgrade to version 15.0.4. All back to normal.
A ticket was created for me. But I'm a free user, so I can't reply the email with the log files.
If the team provide a human-read email address, I can send it.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

How did you downgrade? I have been receiving the "host crashed" app message while connected to teamviewer every couple of minutes while connected to teamviewer

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Constant "host has stopped working" crashes since authorizing Samsung Knox-based decision for box

There was obviously some kind of update made to my Samsung galaxy today, as when I connected teamviewer to it this morning I received a message that Samsung Knox was required to be authorized before connection was possible, and since that authorization I have had the host app crash every couple of minutes while connected through teamviewer… Can anyone provide any advice on if this is possible to correct?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

@pghdev wrote:

How did you downgrade? I have been receiving the "host crashed" app message while connected to teamviewer every couple of minutes while connected to teamviewer

I've find a site with all old apk versions. I will not link here, but it's easy to find.
But don't forget to disable auto update on Play Store.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Well, this is quite sad. Got 200 users i am no longer able to support with TeamViewer. The screen goes black OR i cannot control the samsung Knox Devices. Ive got it to work on one fully managed device, but workprofile does not seem to work. Really sad we just renewed our knox license. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

We have over 100 devices that aren't working because of this update. Do you have a timeline of when there will be a new version that fixes this issue with the QuickSupport app crashing on Samsung Tab A devices?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Constant "host has stopped working" crashes since authorizing Samsung Knox-based decision for box

Same situation for me.  Host worked fine on my Samsung Tab A tablet with Android 9 until a couple weeks ago.  Since then, the connection freezes/drops within seconds of connecting.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

The "revamp" seems to have destroyed the app altogether.  Everything was fine on my Samsung Tab A tablet until a few weeks ago.  Now, Host freezes/disconnects within seconds of connecting.  Completely unusable.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

[removed per Community Guidelines - please do not post third-party TeamViewer download sites]

I'm using without any problem. It's safe.

Highlighted
Posted by
Neutron

Remote Control Activation Failed on v15.1.16

Trialing TeamViewer Host for Android to determine if we can use this in our organization.

Tried to get it running on a Samsung tablet running the latest version of TVH.  When I start the app, it attempts to activate remote control, and then I get an Activation Failed message.

I've tried it with Knox enabled and with Knox disabled...

Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hello @Esther ,

do you have maybe an Update for us?

The Version 15.1.24 is broken with Samsung Devices.
We only get a Black Screen when QuickSupport is started in a Knox Container.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all

Thanks heaps for your comments.

I checked internally and our devs are aware of the issues with the Samsung AddOn and are already working on a fix.

For now, I do not have an ETA, but I will keep you posted.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Any update on this issue ? We have more than 2000 smartphone concerned by this issue...

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi, any update, please?

Concerned devices ~2500

FYI, on an Galaxy S10 with actual Android 10 update is is still working.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Please make a official link to the old version 15.0.4. Or replace on Google Play.
It seens a lot of old Sammy devices were affected.
So the DV team can resolve the issue without stress.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

Are you working with an MDM?

Which MDM are you using?

Thanks for your help,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Hi,

Some of our customers are using Microsoft Intune and some MobileIron. 

Both of them are having trouble using teamviewer Quicksupport. 

Kind regards, 

Patrick Hogeboom

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi

We are using Microsoft Intune.

Thanks

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

We are using Samsung Knox on Galaxy Tab A SM-T510 devices.

I can connect to a tablet from my PC, but the PC capture goes black when opening apps.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

We are using Workspace one linked to knox mobile enrollment for samsung's devices.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Hi all!

@Esther when can we expect a solution? ~300 devices can´t be supported.

We are using Knox-Legacy and Android-Enterprise container configured by Knox Manage.

BR

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

We have more than 300 Android Devices, we ordered this months additional 100 Android Devices and we cant managed these tablets anymore. When is a fix available?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Workspace One on prem on our side.

Samsung harware aswell

Since today no Android 9 devices can't be remote control (no change made since last year on these devices profil / apps).

Host and Quicksupport on Android client don't work.

Devices on Android 5 (legacy profil) work fine but the Android 9 Android Enterprise don't.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Multiple Samsung Tablets No Access After Upgrade - Black Screen, Locked with ID Screen

Good afternoon
After updating the QuickSupport app on our Samsung TAB A tablets, most tablets are unable to be accessed. Presenting several problems.
Between them:
When accessed, displays a black screen and can not do anything.
Displays the ID screen and is not accessed.
I can't sign in after entering the ID.

I need a solution that doesn't need to go tablet by tablet and upgrade. There are over 60 tablets using Quicksupport.

Images of the problems:

Problem black screenProblem black screenProblem IDProblem ID

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi Esther

Please would you be able to provide an update on progress so far.  This issue is impacting 3000 devices within our organisation.

Thanks
Ash

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Samsung devices no remote control

Currently having a ticket open without any response since last week

Ticket number:  33304263

I have 1'000 devices (Android) that I can't remote control anymore.

Devices are on Android 9 (Full managed Android Enterprise)

Samsung devices : SM-T395

MDM : Workspace One UEM

Issue : Each time we are tying to connect to a device, I got the following message after the Remote control window open ""Your partner rejected your connection request". Other features work as intended, only remote control impacted.

The issue appear either that I use the Teamviewer Host function or the QuickSupport.

On client side (Android):

- Host 14.4.183

- Teamviewer Addon Samsung  14.2.53

- QuickSupport 14.4.195

APK are directly install through the MDM and not using Google Play.

On desktop side:

Windows 10 laptop

- Teamviewer 15.1.3937

We did not pushed any update (app or new MDM profile) since the end of last year and back then we did not had any issue.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

We are having the same issues for Samsung Knox enrolled devices with WORKPROFILE, all fully managed devices work, but not work profile. This is quite critical as we are using quicksupport to support users with billing hours to customers and so on. When we cannot remove help them they have to come in and this is starting to cost a lot of money. Way over what we pay teamviewer for things to work... @Esther 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Samsung devices no remote control

We are having the same problems. We can connect to Samsung devices but cannot remote control them. Just a black screen.

We have a ticket logged but with no solution forthcoming.

did you have any update from them?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Multiple Samsung Tablets No Access After Upgrade - Black Screen, Locked with ID Screen

We have the same problem. Did you get any solution from TeamViewer support?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Samsung devices no remote control

No updates regarding the ticket.
It's been more that 5 day that the status is still as "Beeing process".

The blacks screen issue does not affect me but only if I use the last version of the Samsung Addon. The issue has been raised on the thread where TW announce their compliance with Knox.

My field of work does not allow me to just wait for a solution, I'm currently evaluating other solution if replacement is asked.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Multiple Samsung Tablets No Access After Upgrade - Black Screen, Locked with ID Screen

Hello, I still haven't had an answer about the problem. It is being a neglect.

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hello @USA@lucassardelari@christopherime@t19670@KINY@w4lter@adelavaud@emmaster@PHogeboom@ashdroid@px@Knox-Apollo@ERAG,

Thank you for all your messages.

For users who are using an Android Enterprise Solution (with an MDM) and seeing a black screen when connecting to a Samsung mobile device

If you are starting the QuickSupport within the private profile, the screen will be displayed normally. No issues here.

If you are starting the QuickSupport within the private profile and the user during the remote session switches to the work profile, the screen will turn black. Due to privacy reasons, this is the expected behaviour of the app.

If you are starting the QuickSupport within the work profile and the user during the remote session switches to the private profile, the screen will turn black. Due to privacy reasons, this is the expected behaviour of the app, as well.

However, if you are starting the QuickSupport within the work profile (and you stay within the work profile), you might experience a black screen and this is the situation where we need to work on. We are working closely with Samsung to find a solution as soon as possible. We will keep you posted in this thread.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused. and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Highlighted

Hello @Fran-Lima@ccombe@pghdev@ajolt151@pvcampbell@hcstest,

Thank you for all your messages.

For users who experience app crashes and screen scaling issues

These issues have been escalated to our dedicated team. Our engineers are working on a fix. The fix will be implemented in one of the next updates of the app (depending on how quick the issue is resolved). We will inform you in this thread when this fix will be available to download.

Note: If you own a TeamViewer license and you need an official answer of our technical support, feel free to open a ticket to get more detailed information about this issue.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused. and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jean

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

@JeanK 
Fully managed devices have the black screen profil.

This configuration was not mentionned in your post.

I experience de black screen either with QuickSupport and Teamviewer Host all my device are configure as Fully Managed Android Enterprise.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

May this is only correct for Android 9 and below?

Because I tested on a Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F with latest official Android 10 update:
Using the QuickSupport App from private profile let me access the Work Profile and Apps

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Can you provide a prior downgrade version we can utilize through the play store or side load on our affected devices until this is resolved? I see posts dating back 3-4 weeks and am concerned on a timeline even though this is a known issue. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

@Esther @JeanK  Sadly this is still not working

We use Workspace One MDM and Android for Work.
As soon as we connect and minimize the App we get a Blackscreen. No matter where the app was started.

If the user Switches into an App we can steer the App but not the whole Device.

We tested it with Samsung A50, S10e, S10 and Note10+. Regardless of a fresh install or a newly one.

Is it possible to give us a Rollback or something? 

Highlighted

Thank you for your message @Delroy.

As the whole Add-on system is not working anymore, we cannot provide you with a rollback.

We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jean

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

But what is the plan for the Future @JeanK ?

You did not provide any feedback to the actual problem.

Highlighted

@Delroy

As mentioned in our previous post:

We are working closely with Samsung to find a solution as soon as possible. We will keep you posted in this thread.

Best regards,

Jean

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Android QuickViewer Version 15.2.37 released at 28th January.
Tested onto Android Enterprise enrolled devices with the latest firmware and the latest TeamViewer for Windows V15.2.2756.0:
Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android 9):
Private Access: OK,just private Apps and System can be accessed and controlled
Work Access: Not OK > after connection is established to QuickViewer, trying to switch to any app result in a black screen no way to access any work app!
Samsung Galaxy S10 (Android 10):
Private Access: OK?  Private $ Work Apps and System can be accessed and controlled (whole system accessible, this is what support keeps simple ;-))
Work Access: almost OK, after connection is established access to just Work Apps is working for a short time. Switching through Work Apps results sometime in a black screen.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

@JeanK Tested the new update:

Personal space installation via AfW no Problem/no blackscreens.
We can switch into all worked managed apps w/o problems.
Tested on Note10+ with Android10

Update: Tested with Samsung A50 and Android 9, still not usable. Blackscreens everywhere. No navigation possible.

Using the latest version in the Workspace we still get the usual blackscreen. Switching into an app like Mails or Calendar it appears and we can remotely navigate. So, in App navigation works but we cannot see the Workspace at all.

Using MDM Workspace One with Android for Work.

Cheers

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

@JeanK @Esther 

Just tested with the latest version:

Still blackscreen with either Host or Quicksupport

Desktop:

Teamviewer: 15.1.3937

Android:

Quicksupport 15.2.37

Host: 15.2.22

Hardware:

Model: SM-T395

Android 9

Base: T395XXU6CSL1

Android Enterprise full managed (no mix work / private profil)

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

TeamViewer only shows black screens when taking over

Dear team TeamViewer,

Since update 15.1.24 we are unable to take over devices when starting TeamViewer from our work profile. After we established a connection, as soon we want to try anything, the screen will turn black. 
After the new update 15.2.37 it still doesn't work.

When starting TeamViewer from the private profile (no restrictions) TeamViewer will work. But it stops working when you try to open 1 of the apps in the private profile.

We use as MDM mobileIron. We contacted them, but we were being told to contact you.

I noticed multiple organisations are having this problem: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Mobile/Samsung-Knox-and-TeamViewer/td-p/78956

I hope i gave enough information and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Raimy

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

@JeanK @Esther

I've been testing version 15.2.37 within our MDM solution - Microsoft Intune. Our devices are currently enrolled under Android Device Admin. The previous versions of Quick Support (with the Samsung add on) worked fine but since the consolidated version was released, we get presented with a blank screen when connecting to the phones.

The configuration policies within our organisation actively block screen capture, to safeguard corporate data however if this setting is allowed, the latest version of Quick Support (15.2.37) no longer displays a blank screen and works as expected. So from my observation, the fundamental change is that the new application needs screen capture to allowed , whereas the previous versions didn't.

We are not in a position to allow screen capture so I wonder if this can be looked into further

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

new version (15.2.41) shoud fix the black screen.

on android 10, that's correct, the black screen is gone, but -> we can't control the device. there is also a new popup information: exposing sensitive info during casting/recording (maybe that's the point?).

on android 9, there is still a black screen...?

are you guys have the same issues with the new update?

best regards walter