Announcements

Remote Control for all devices running Android 7+ is here!

(Incl. Google Pixel series, Xiaomi smartphones, Oppo devices, and many more)

Learn more

Posted by
Digon

Re: Why am I getting ads in paid teamviewer?

This is BA.  Two years on and the stituations is getting worse.

TeamViewer.png

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Esther. It's clear you don't exist. You must and an AI system here to only make the situation worse.  You show complete contempt towards your loyal customers. 

This problem is STILL ongoing.

TeamViewer.png

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Sorry that I do not have better news for you, but the developement teams are still working on the self-opt-out.

As stated earlier: This requires some developing efforts, it will take some time, but it will come.

I keep you posted on this.

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

As a developer I may be able to help.

Put an opt in check box on the form named checkOptIn

@Esther Where the ad code starts, add an If..Then condition.

If checkOptIn = true
##  execute the ad code.
end if

that took me about a minute to write.

Any other coders out there?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Disable Advertising within the Application (Corporate)?

Corporate customer here, how do we turn off the advertising within the client? It interupts workflow and has become more and more frequent.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

A few minutes ago, I posted the Change Log for the latest Insider Build (15.8.2). This version has the following improvement listed:

Licensed customers can now opt-out of in-product marketing messages. Important in-product messages like EULA updates will still be received.

Important note about the insider build: The intention is to get early feedback on new features, improvements, and developments before the public release.

This means that the current TeamViewer insider build version may not be tested in full functionality and could contain bugs as it is basically an image of the current development state.

As this is a testing environment it is not recommended to use the insider build in a productive environment or to be rolled out globally on all devices you have.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are getting this feature in the global release as soon as possible. (Edit: For now: Windows only)

Thanks again for your help and patience so far,

Esther

Community Manager

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Will this also be applicable to customers who are not using the latest version of Teamviewer?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @hamburg4u 

Thanks for your question.

For now this option is only availalbe in the Insider Build (and with this most likely only for most of you as an initial test as I am guessing you are not using an Insider Build in your productive environment).

However - it will find its way in the official releases from now on. From my current knowledge you will need to work with TeamViewer in version 15.8 or higher to enable/use this option.

Please keep in mind that this version has not been released yet.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all,

With today's release of TeamViewer in version 15.8.3, the self-opt-out is now available for licensed TeamViewer customers on Windows devices using TeamViewer in version 15.8.3. 

Please find the Change Log for 15.8.3 here.

You will find the Setting here: Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Show advanced options --> under TeamViewer options un-tick the box for In-product marketing messages --> OK

In-product marketing messages.png

Thanks again for your help and patience so far,

Esther

Community Manager