File transfer between PC and mobile

Cthulhu
Cthulhu Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi, please, on teamviewer website is written, taht teamviewer supports file transfer between PC and mobile devices. I have one installed on PC and one on Lumia 950 XL and when i connect them I cannot found file transfer option anywhere. Only on PC, but I don't know my mobile teamviewer number to connect to it from PC as file transfer. Do you know how to do it?

Tagged:

Comments

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

On mobile devices TV Standalone APP does not provide feature for incoming connection.
    On mobile devices you should use TV QS or Host for incoming connection.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Connections-From-Mobile-to-Mobile-Devices/ta-p/280

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • dchbbc
    dchbbc Posts: 9 ✭✭

Can you explain that to dummies? I have no idea what this means or how to do it

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

@dchbbc wrote:

Can you explain that to dummies? I have no idea what this means or how to do it

On PC (maybe also on MAC - but I'm not sure) you can use 3 type of TV products:
    TV Standalone APP
    TV QuickSupport
    TV Host

First can be used for bouth Outgoing+Incoming connections.
    QS and Host can be used only for Incoming connections.

On android currently there is not possibility to use single APP for Outgoing+Incoming connections.
    One aplication is only for Incoming connections and the other one is for Outgoing connections.

I hope now it is clear to you.

Regards,
    mLipok

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • rizscott
    rizscott Posts: 1

File transfer between PC and Lumia 950 XL:

1. Connect your phone and computer. Connect the data cable to the slot and USB port of your computer.
    2. Transfer files. Start the file manager on your computer.
    3. Go to the desired folder on your computer or mobile phone file system.
    4. Highlight the file and move or copy it to the desired location.

In fact, you can use other methods to transfer files, like video.

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hahaha, you are great, man. To transfer files via Teamviewer use data cable and transfer files without TV... Your real nickname is Joker, isn't it?

• markwelt
    markwelt Posts: 2 ✭✭

Updated to latest TV on PC, latest QS on Android, permissions enabled, no data or battery saver, "Open File Transfer" dialog does not even open on PC. Though remote control works. Then again other online ftp services like snapdrop do not work.

Also on the "Universal" Add-On FAQs they say that they "unfortunately, are not able to support all manufacturers or ROM's for these features", though this is a standard non-rooted Android 11 OS, so there may be a simple workaround, but it's not a popular one so it may be not supported.