Android Host app - problems with connection

Options
Patrick2022
Patrick2022 Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hello,

I can't make any good connections with PC/Mobile to Mobile phone with the TViewer Host app installed, sometimes it's posssible but usually not, just because it't not possible to wake up the screen remotely. I can only see the black screen after connection. Only when I use the target phone (screen is on) it's possible to make a good connection and manage the device (LG X Power 2) which is without any password. I turned on all the notifications from this app (Host), a connection is done but nothing happen after this. Black screen - nothing else. I must turn on the screen physically and than use the remote controll. This Host app works good on different phones but not with this one. Maybe I should install something else? I don't know what to do next to make it work good for me.

Could you help me?

This detail doesn't help me at all, I'm not able to use TeamViewer on mobile. There is Android 8.0 (maybe 9) installed as I remember.

What is needed for this app to work good, what should I unlock or change in the system's settings?

I'm open for your questions.

Maybe I should use another similar app for remote connections.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Patrick2022,

Thank you for contacting TeamViewer Community.

Please kindly to update both remote and local devices to the latest version.

For more detail, please check the knowledge articles - Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices for checking Android Brand and TeamViewer Android Host for more detailed information about check up.

Hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• Patrick2022
    Options

You mean, Host app update or system update?

What if an update is not available for device LG X Power 2 to higher? from Android 8 to 9 or 10

Thanks for your reply.

Of course, I can check if there's an app update in the Google Play store, I'll do it and make you know it soon.

• Patrick2022
    Options

As I remember when I used TeamViewer PC without mobile phones in the past, it wasn't possible to connect if there was any old version of the program installed. Maybe today it will be the same.

I did not notice any problems using the mobile phones and PC to connect before.

• Patrick2022
    Options

I have updated the Host app on both devices already, but still the same problem - the black screen after make the connection. I can only unlock the screen physically and than do it again, it should work. But in this way it's useless - remote controll.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Patrick2022,

Thank you for the replies.

Can you kindly share the device brand of the Android device please?

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Patrick2022
    edited September 2021
    Options

my device: LG X Mach (K600)

target device: LG X Power 2 (M320) (black screen)

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @Patrick2022,

Thank you for your response.

Please kindly download universal add-on on both local and remote devices and try to establish the connection.

Regarding how to downlead universal add-on, please check the knowledge article from here.

Hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• Patrick2022
    Options

Thanks for your answer, but when I was making a connection from another mobile device to LG X Mach (K600) it was great. All worked fine. Yes, but I have installed more apps from TeamViewer on K600. Maybe that was the reason.

I will chceck it out soon.

Host app - is it not enought?