Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• **bleep**....came here in the hope of finding some insight as to what I've been doing wrong...

I've submitted the form online 4 times now, across around 3 months. Twice I've had a reply, each time reassuring me that my ID has been reset to Free. Each time it's made zero difference and the warning popups have continued...infact I've now gone 'far' enough that it's enforcing the auto-kickoff within ~5mins. (Try explaining to my mum that I can no longer see/login to her PC midway her getting very confused about why her browser was showing amazon when she wanted ebay)

I'll try one further reset, then I think I'll be off to start using a competitors product instead...

I called TV today who gave the advice of replying to the ticket...by which I assume they mean the email (without a ticket reference no) from [email protected] </facepalm>

• I am in a similar situation in that I have asked for a reset a few times now and it doesn't seem to have worked. I have recently noticed, however, that it works fine when connecting to one person but not when connecting to the other. The former is someone I rarely connect with (not more than a few times a month if that) whilst the latter is some I can sometimes connect to more than once a night depending on how stuck they are! 

These are the only two people I usually connect with, for tech suppport purposes, but neither of them is "commercial use"; the former is a friend the latter is family.

Does this information help diagnose anything?

I am currently using **Third Party Product** as an alternative. Not quite as good but does the job.

• Andre75
    Andre75 Posts: 73 ✭✭

@Lmillard wrote:
    Hello i did read the post before mine however all i was able to find was someone who said that they fixed it not anyone explaining how they fixed it.

@Lmillard

Hi Lmillard,

Having read the former posts on this forum (even all the 45 web pages) doesn't mean that you'll find one that explains how to "fix it". It just will make you understand that there is no way !...

Except @woodyboy , no one says that he has got reset and it lasts long more than 2 or 3 sessions before being kicked away again !

One succesful filled out form among about 1500 complaints is a quite short rate !

• Andre75

@OldSurferDude wrote:

No one has "fixed it".  There have been some success in begging forgiveness, rituals involving goats and swearing by the grave of your great-grandmother.  I would also suggest praying to the supreme entity of your religion.

The process goes like this:  one of the comments here has a link to a page where you download a form.  You print the form, fill it out, sign it, scan it back into your computer and send it back to TV.  When you sign the form, you are giving an oath that you are only using TV for personal use.  then you have to send an image of the form you sign back to TV.  But they don't give you an email address, link, etc. to where you should send it.

@OldSurferDude

Hi Old Dude,

I can't swear by my grandmother's grave because she's been cremated. I can only invoke the gods by her ashes in front of her funeral urn... do you think that will work ?

Otherwise, maybe I could make a sacrifice by slitting a rooster's throat and spilling its blood on my computer on a full moon night ?...

• kingmustard
    kingmustard Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Also, when I connect to my home PC from my Android phone, a message tells me I have a 5-minute limit, which ALWAYS only lasts 1 minute before kicking me off.

I used to swear by this software but their recent, awful and obvious business practises have made me jump ship.
  • OldSurferDude
    OldSurferDude Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I'd send you a rooster but I'm a parasitic freeloader. How about this? I send you $2.86 a month to channel your spirit world.
  • Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

[The price has been deleted in accordance with our community guideline] a month is my final offer.

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 10 ✭✭

Have the same problem, just on the client and not the host. Super annoying.

• Glassdub

Clients and not the host don't really exist on TV its banned by mac address.

• idiocracy

I don't know what you mean. If i'm connecting from A to B. A is the client and B is the host and vice versa.

But that doesn't solve the problem i'm having tho. Still getting licens errors on my laptop.

• Glassdub

It implies that the is a "exclusive" server & client, like in the old days.
    There is no centralised server with TV as all nodes can interconnect.

• Andre75

@Glassdub wrote:

[The price has been deleted in accordance with our community guideline]  is my final offer.

@Glassdub

Hi, you are trimming my business !... And you are greedy !

I was considering Old Dude's request and planning to let him join my world for free... And I swear (by my grandmother's ashes) that he could use it as much and long as he would like, I'll never block him  for so-called commercial use !

• idiocracy

Yeah, i'm aware of that. Client/host just clarifies who's connecting to whom.

• Glassdub

Greed is a virtue join our club!

• Andre75

@idiocracy wrote:

Yeah, i'm aware of that. Client/host just clarifies who's connecting to whom.

Hi idiocracy,

What pity, some people are still trying to understand... They would like a coherent explanation !
    But there is none !... No way ! No rational process to get reset and avoid being blocked again... Just an illusion ! (unless you pay for a commercial license)

• Since 2 months "commercial use" are declared for my account but IT IS NOT TRUE.

I wrote to Teamveiwer : No answer.

[removed by moderator per community guidelines]

Thank you

• spotts
    spotts Posts: 1

Both in April and October this year I got a "suspected commercial use." I am housebound and bedbound do to an autoimmne illnes. This software helps so much with my health restrictions. It means I can connect with any computer in the house as I have a family of three kids and my wife without having to leave my bed. I'm the go to guy in the family for tech help. So I really mainly only connect to a few computers regulary ie: my Mum and parents in law as well as a few friends now and then.

I suspect my rescent updating my relatives and home with windows 10 October update has flagged me as I can be connected for a good hour while the computers update from iso image.

So what should I do to NOT get flagged when I am only using for personal use? Should I only connect with ONE computer at a time as I do them usually all at once? Should I start the update and log out right away and then check back?

It took a month last time to get unflagged and it will again so really want to stop this happening.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Hi,

I received this warning, filled out the form and received an email saying that my account had been reset to free.

However, I still receive the warning, have replied to the email saying it was free and just received a standard response saying to fill out the form but also not to fill out the form twice!

It's feeling very circular, can anyone help?

• kingmustard
    kingmustard Posts: 8 ✭✭

@Closed accountIt's not the same because you have to pay $229 anually to get access to the 'Address Book' feature, which TeamViewer offers for free ("Computers & Contacts" tab).

• Choubi
    Choubi Posts: 1

Hi, 

I have the same problem. My session closes within a minute because of "commercial use". Of course I do not use it for commercial purpose and I need it to work on another computer. Do you know how to solve the problem? This is very annoying ad if teamviewer does not solve the problem I will have to find another solution but I am not going to pay a licence for a wrong commercial suspicion. 

• Hello,

In a post I had proposed a small annual sum but I was moderate.

You have to look elsewhere for the same price since TV will not change anything.

Sorry but I need to help.

!!!!! Say if you want to change the price or not !!!!!

• Andre75

@marsomarso wrote:

Hi,

I received this warning, filled out the form and received an email saying that my account had been reset to free.

However, I still receive the warning, have replied to the email saying it was free and just received a standard response saying to fill out the form but also not to fill out the form twice!

It's feeling very circular, can anyone help?

@marsomarso

Hi,

Would you be deprived of any humor ?... But yet it's a quite funny game ! :manvery-happy:

So sorry, but nobody can help as there is none solution !... (except to pay a license for commercial use).

At least, you can say that you've contributed to the invention of the perpetual motion !... like most of us on this forum !

Good luck with an alternative ("third party product"), some works not too bad [removed by moderator - please do not try to circumvent rules set for this forum]

André

• Andre75

@Andre75 wrote:

Good luck with an alternative ("third party product"), some works not too bad [removed by moderator - please do not try to circumvent rules set for this forum]

André

Sorry dear moderator for my last thankful post and wrong opinion (the one you finally deleted). I thought you were a bit open minded and a bit a gentleman...

So, the situation is : 

Your boss doesn't want any more free users. OK, after all, its his right (he just should tell it frankly instead of pretending and playing with us)... And, at the same time, he doesn't want those who can't pay a license but just want to help their family and friends, could be helped to find any other way to do it.

Is that the "new world" you are dreaming of ? Really ?... And you really want to help him to reach these kinds of "new world" rules ?

• The commercial alert keeps tripping for me. I've twice  now and it has tripped again.

I am explictly not using Teamviewer for commercial use.  I am using it solely to run an astrophotography setup in Canada with my son in in California.

It's an excellent product, I'd happily pay a sensible fee for it.  For now, I can't afford to be locked out for a week when there are clear skies.  I am stuck with using the (inferior) **Third Party Product** app.

• Glassdub

**Third Party Product** Looks pretty good I will have to wait a week until I get back to work to see if its the ticket.

• Bruno40
    Bruno40 Posts: 3 ✭✭

**Third Party Product** is better, leave this TV

• Still same problem !

• I too have same problem! I only ever use to connect to my server so this “suspect” is ridiculous!
  • Is there way to resolve this ?

• Bruno40
    Bruno40 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yes use **Third Party Product** and leave TV