Purchased but still showing as free account

KBerry
KBerry Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in Licensing

I purchased a remote access licence and received the email to activate which I did but when I login to my TeamViewer account it says it is using a free licence (see below). Can you sort please?

Capture.JPG

Best Answer

Answers

• KBerry
    KBerry Posts: 2

Hi Jean,

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that does not help.

When I click on the Activate Now link in the email I received after purchase I get an error message saying 'The token is invalid'. The account is still showing as free.

Can you help at all?

Kind Regards

Kerry

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

@KBerry as you informed me via private message that everything is working fine, it will put this thread as resolved.

If you need any further information, please let me know.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Shurst
    Shurst Posts: 1

Hello @JeanK 

I have had the same issues as detailed below.  I have followed the Activiation Link and when I log into my account, it still states I am using the free trial.  I have also gone back multiple times to click on the Activate Link, however it tells me the Link is ascribed to another account. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Thanks

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Shurst,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

There are three elements here that we need to differentiate:

The activation of your license

This is done via the license activation email you received after purchasing your license. The subject of this email is Activation of your TeamViewer license.

2_Activate.png

Depending on the license you have purchased, please follow the activation guide for your license:

The sucessful activation of your license will allow to you to use the TeamViewer license you have purchased. It is the most important step you need to go through in order to successfully get started.

The validation of your TeamViewer account

This security process is mandatory in order to verify that the account has been deliberately created by you.

6_Link.png

Every user has to validate its TeamViewer account, no matter if you have purchased a license or not.
    If you have validated your TeamViewer account, this does not mean that you have activated your TeamViewer license.

If this link has expired, this means that you already have activated your TeamViewer account and you can move forward to the license activation. 

The activation of your customer portal

This is more relevant for the people who will manage the paperwork of the TeamViewer license (accounting, renewals, license upgrade/extensions, etc...). This is done via the customer portal activation email that you received after purchasing your licence. The subject of this email is [Action required] Set up your access to the TeamViewer Customer Portal.

Activate portal.png

The customer portal gives you access to all your important documents concerning TeamViewer, e.g your invoices. For more information, please see the following article: TeamViewer Customer Portal

I hope this answer could help. ?

If not, please feel free to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager