So Confused...What to use to connect/manage a Samsung Tablet remotely???

Options

Sorry, I'm sure this is very basic, but I'm struggling to even understand which is the right product I even need.

I have a Samsung Tab A tablet that I want to send to my elderly father living 6 hours away in a retirement home. He has minimal computer and no tablet experience.

Because of this, in general but especially under COVID, I need to be able to connect to and manage this device remotely, with ideally, as little or no assistance on his part, from my desktop or laptop.

I was hoping to get this sorted out and sent to him in time for Christmas, but I'm struggling to understand what product configuration I even need and to get anything to work. I love that this is an enterprise toolset, but trying to figure it out with zero experience and not an IT professional is frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Idevs
    Idevs Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Additional info:

I have TeamViewer Host loaded on the tablet.

My laptop appears to be connecting and seeing the tablet, which is good since it is 2 feet away.

However, all I see on my laptop is a black screen. However, it seems to be interacting as I've "blindly" been able to click into some apps from the homescreen.

I just don't know where to go from here.