Wake-up

Answers

• Jimtsiros
    Jimtsiros Posts: 1

same here with noip DDNS provider in my case , If I enter the public IP NUMBER in the settings of the PC and not the public ADDRESS NAME, then the PC wakes up. Else not. Everything (DDNS and port forwarding) is set up fine and I can wake the PC from web sites the support the function. No news yet?

• Mhaxx
    Mhaxx Posts: 8 ✭✭

The issue remains.. but I found that it works if you try from https://login.teamviewer.com/nav/buddies/g/42376094/list

This means the bug should be in the TeamViewer program / app, since it works in the web version.

• Boazz
    Boazz Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hello guys,

So I don't know if any of you experience problems with the new update but yesterday my teamviewer was updated on my PC and Laptop and since then I am experiencing some problems.

The last 10 months I have used Wake-on-lan without any problems to get my PC out of sleep with my laptop. Since the update it does not work anymore. Furthermore, since the update when I put my PC in sleep mode it is still visible as 'online' in my device list.

Can someone tell me if I am the only one experiencing these problems since the new update and if someone knows a fix?

Thanks in advance, kind regards Boaz

• gerry58
    gerry58 Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello, no you are not the only one, I too have encountered problems with the latest update on, I woke up PCs via iPhone now it doesn't work anymore !!

• ComPage
    ComPage Posts: 24 ✭✭

Me too. Since version 15.40.8 was installed it will not Wake On Lan other computers on the LAN. Other computers on the LAN which are still on version 15.39.x can still WoL each other.

• Boazz
    Boazz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Alright thanks guys! Then I will just wait for an update or something fixing that problem. :)

• almarc11
    almarc11 Posts: 9 ✭✭

I recently upgraded to V15.40.8 (32-bit) and wake on LAN quit working. I get a message saying "Failed to wake (computer name)" on the first try and no message if I try again. I had no problems with this feature on earlier versions. Has wake on LAN setup changed in any way?

• ComPage

Here is a work-around. Use a Windows restore point to put your version back to 15.39.x and, in Teamviewer, tell it not to automatically update. WoL works again now.

• shaneshiv14
    shaneshiv14 Posts: 1

Can confirm @Mhaxx post, The android app does not allow me to wake up my machine, but the web management console works fine.

• almarc11

I reverted back to version 14.7.48671 which is on the TeamViewer web site. In the advanced options settings, I left the auto-updates on and TeamViewer updated to V15.2.2756. This version seems to have wake on Lan working fine. You need to uninstall V15.40.8 and install V14 on all you machines and let TeamViewer update to V15.2.2756. Then turn off the auto-update feature to prevent update to V15.40.8. Note - the V15.2.2756 won't let you log into V14 machines.

• paobenti75
    paobenti75 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    same problem for me, waking up with TV used to work, now it doesn't work anymore.

• paobenti75
    paobenti75 Posts: 3 ✭✭

bug?

• Kruk
    Kruk Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

It is a bug I used Feedback option to report this.

Also I managed to find a previous version 15.39.6 in this location: c:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\TeamViewer\

I managed to install it over the 15.40.8 version without any issue and WOL is working again. I switched off automatic updates in Extras/Options/Advanced/

• Kruk
    Kruk Posts: 6 ✭✭

Is there any update on this?

• ComPage

The current version is still 15.40.8 and there does not appear to be any response from the developers.

• ComPage

Yes, today version 15.41.8 is shown as current. I will test it.

• ComPage

I installed version 15.41.8 and tested it. It failed to wake a target computer which will wake from version 15.39.6.

• pingpong
    pingpong Posts: 2 ✭✭

The Wake-On-LAN feature was functional before, but for some reason my router's public-facing IP address changed and now it doesn't work. I already reconfigured Wake-On-LAN in the settings of my PC TeamViewer client to use the new public IP of my router. I am able to still send a WOL packet to successfully awaken my PC from a different app on my phone, but the TeamViewer mobile app refuses to wake up my computer. I would test from another desktop client, but I don't have another network to connect to and don't have hairpin routing configured.

• mikulik86
    mikulik86 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem.

• ComPage

Version 15.41.9 also fails to wake a computer that will wake from version 15.39.6.

• ComPage

Version 15.41.10 also fails to wake a computer that will wake from version 15.39.6.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hi all,

Thank you for your reports.

The Wake-On-LAN functionality is not available in the new interface yet. Our team is working on it to bring it back.

I'll ping you in this thread once I've news to share.

Thank you all for your patience and trust.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• mikulik86
    mikulik86 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I think there is a misunderstanding. We are not talking about the new interface here. We are talking about the old interface, where the Wake-On-LAN functionality is available, but not functional i.e. broken.

• JeanK

@mikulik86, thanks a lot for clarifying. This is indeed a very valuable piece of information.

I just informed our responsible team about it and will ping you as soon as I have something to share.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK

Hi all,

I spoke with our responsible team, confirming it's a known issue.

Our team is working on it to bring the functionality back at the earliest convenience.

I apologize for not informing you earlier - I thought it was linked to the new interface.

I'll inform you here once I've news to share.

Thank you all for your contribution, and talk soon!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• almarc11

I have been trying to get the latest version to work with "wake-on-lan" and have made progress. I did the following steps and it seemed to help.

1. Make sure in the options menu your devices are assigned to an account and you also have the "Manage this device" set. I had some problems with one machine that would not let me assign it to an account. I had to uninstall Teamviewer, remove the settings, reinstall it, and re-input all the options to fix this.
    2. When using wake-on-lan, use only the devices listed under "My Managed Devices" to start a given device. If you try and wake a device under the "My Computers" heading, you get the message "Failed to Wake DeviceName".

I have also found that the sleep state seems to affect how a given device is displayed under "My Managed Devices". Sometimes even though a device is in standby, it shows that it is online and you can't wake it using Teamviewer. If I sleep a machine using the Windows start button, power, and sleep, it seems to work the best. Hitting the power button to sleep or using Psshutdown seems to confuse Teamviewer for some reason.

• ComPage

Version 15.42.5 also fails to wake a computer that will wake from version 15.39.6.

• ComPage
    edited May 2023

If the work-around above is not available to you then here is another. I have no association with the supplier of this free software but have found it useful to replace the wake-on-lan functionality currently missing from TeamViewer: [Removed as Community Guidelines]

• ComPage

I apologise for infringing the Community Guidelines. The work around I suggested contained a link to a third-party product, not a direct competitor to Teamviewer as far as I can tell, but one which provides wake-on-lan functionality which can be used to temporarily replace that which is currently missing from Teamviewer. Once the target computer is awake, Teamviewer can then be used as normal to control it.