teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Commercial use - Connection time out

17374767879294

Comments

  • Hello
    As already said, it starts again!

    I have always used TV for non-commercial purposes and in my contacts there are some who are visually impaired.

    Why not offer a cheap license[edited by a moderator in accordance with our community guidelines]. For a retiree it's a lot but my only desire is to help.

    Otherwise it will be necessary to pass to the competition.

    Thanks

  • My exact same experience with L.M.I. back when they ended offering their free remote access service. I repeatedly suggested they reduce the fees charged to personal users but they never did that. They lost me to T.V. and now it seems like T.V. is repeating their mistake. Please reduce the license fee to simple personal or hobby use clients like us and we will be happy to support your business. Having unrealistically high commercial license fees for us doesn't win you our business or loyalty. C'mon T.V., please learn from L.M.I.'s failures!
  • I agree with the idea of a modest free replacing the free version even though I enjoyed using TV to help friends resolve problems. It’s a great help when I can’t get to machines far away.
  • FrodeE
    FrodeE Posts: 5

    In July I got my teamviewer set to free (ticket 419004), but after the latest upgrade I am again getting the message of suspected commercial use. WIll I have to go through the same procedure again of proving a non-commercial use?

  • how to solving this problem?

  • krugern
    krugern Posts: 12

    I started getting these warnings myself yesterday, or the day before.

    I DO connect to a corporate computer now and then, and from a corporate environment and to my home computers quite often. However, I am not in a postion where i bring my work home, and all the connections are private matters.

    How do I clear the suspicion?

  • I have same problem.  Used it over 2 years and now I suddenly marked as commercial activity user.  Would like to know how this can be solved.

  • Telios
    Telios Posts: 1

    Ever since the recent TW update, my sessions keep timing out. A few months ago TW did the same thing. I contacted support and they fixed it. Why are they doing it AGAI?!? They now that I volunteer with a charety and maintain their computers and he seniors (computers) belonging to it. They cut me off in mid session, leaving a computer literaly unuseable. TW staff, reset it NOW! And stop messing in peoples business. If you don't get it fixed in the next 12hrs., I will crack your software you'll never interfere again. I am a retired IT tech and I will make it work without your help. You chose the wrong guy to mess with.

  • haramo
    haramo Posts: 1

    I have the same issue on my own email adres and on my wifes email adress.

    I never used teamviewer for commercial use, never get paid for giving fammiily friend help.

    Now I want to follow the solutions and send a ticket but then it seems it 's not anymore possible for private uses to make a ticket... hmm.

    Help or do I need to make a new thread?

  • Gaaawd
    Gaaawd Posts: 1

    There is like 50 alternatives to TeamViewer.

    Just use somthing else.

  • Andre75
    Andre75 Posts: 73 ✭✭

    @Gaaawd wrote:

    There is like 50 alternatives to TeamViewer.

    Just use somthing else.


    @Gaaawd

    Hi Gaawd

    Thanks for the "solution" !... But would we be so many free users who didn't think of and try your "solution" ? Maybe are you the one who didn't try anyone of those ?

    I tried about 8-10 "alternatives" (the free use ones)... none works as easily, as fast and simply... as TeamViewer. None of those has all its complete functions (such as "drag & drop", or "copy & paste" files to transfer) !... In addition, some are quite complicated to make it installed and configured by your distant friends !...

    Otherwise, nobody would still complain here, nor wasting time on this forum to emphasis non stop  that we have been trapped.

    André

  • Andre75
    Andre75 Posts: 73 ✭✭

    @woodyboy wrote:

    Fill out the form here >> https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/


    @woodyboy

    Hi woodyboy,

    Maybe should you apply for a moderator job on TeamViewer community ?...

    Your "solution" is just the one they advise us ! But it doesn't work !... When you fill out this form and join your log file, you'll receive a ticket then... you'll have to wait for 1 month before you'll get reset (with none returned information about it's done or not). Then, after 1 month, if you try it from time to time, you'll finally see that it works again... but for only a few days ! And you'll get blocked again after 2 or 3 sessions' use.

    Sorry, but this "official solution" doesn't really work.

    André

    (* I forgot so say this "solution" doesn't really work, even though you use TeamViewer in the strict "Personal use" conditions, according exactly to TeamViewer terms of policy... of course)

  • Sorry it did not work for you. It worked for me in July when I got official written notice my free use had been re-instated. I lack the time and motivation to be a moderator.


    @Andre75 wrote:

    @woodyboy wrote:

    Fill out the form here >> https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/


    @woodyboy

    Hi woodyboy,

    Maybe should you apply for a moderator job on TeamViewer community ?...

    Your "solution" is just the one they advise us ! But it doesn't work !... When you fill out this form and join your log file, you'll receive a ticket then... you'll have to wait for 1 month before you'll get reset (with none returned information about it's done or not). Then, after 1 month, if you try it from time to time, you'll finally see that it works again... but for only a few days ! And you'll get blocked again after 2 or 3 sessions' use.

    Sorry, but this "official solution" doesn't really work.

    André

    (* I forgot so say this "solution" doesn't really work, even though you use TeamViewer in the strict "Personal use" conditions, according exactly to TeamViewer terms of policy... of course)


     

  • Andre75
    Andre75 Posts: 73 ✭✭

    @woodyboy wrote:

    Sorry it did not work for you. It worked for me in July when I got official written notice my free use had been re-instated. I lack the time and motivation to be a moderator.


    @woodyboy

    (About "moderator job", I was just kidding, of course :manhappy:)

    Thanks for your quick reply and information. And glad to know that it worked for you. It shows at least that it could be a hope for others...

    It didn't work, not only for me, but 2 of my friends, using it in the same conditions, have been in exactly the same situation as mine.

    So, I would like to know how long time did you apply thta form before beeing reset on July ? And how many sessions have you remote control since July ? (I mean if it's about 3 or 30 ... or more ?)

    I also don't understand why we never got any return from TeamViewer to inform us that we had been reset ?... And why we have been blocked again after 2 or 3 sessions ?... Of course, I don't think you can explain this, but I would like to get a clear explanation from a TeamViewer employee (even a moderator) at least....

    André


  • @Andre75 wrote:

    @woodyboy wrote:

    Sorry it did not work for you. It worked for me in July when I got official written notice my free use had been re-instated. I lack the time and motivation to be a moderator.


    @woodyboy

    (About "moderator job", I was just kidding, of course :manhappy:)

    Thanks for your quick reply and information. And glad to know that it worked for you. It shows at least that it could be a hope for others...

    It didn't work, not only for me, but 2 of my friends, using it in the same conditions, have been in exactly the same situation as mine.

    So, I would like to know how long time did you apply thta form before beeing reset on July ? And how many sessions have you remote control since July ? (I mean if it's about 3 or 30 ... or more ?)

    I also don't understand why we never got any return from TeamViewer to inform us that we had been reset ?... And why we have been blocked again after 2 or 3 sessions ?... Of course, I don't think you can explain this, but I would like to get a clear explanation from a TeamViewer employee (even a moderator) at least....

    André


    (Was not sure if you were kidding about being a moderator sooooo I wanted to cover that with a no way, Jose.!)

    Best of my memory, I waited almost 30 days before Team Viewer replied with the news that I was approved as a free user.. I have helped family and friends about 10 times in the previous 90 days. Short sessions and always free. Woody

  • Andre75
    Andre75 Posts: 73 ✭✭

    @woodyboy wrote:

     


    (Was not sure if you were kidding about being a moderator sooooo I wanted to cover that with a no way, Jose.!)

    Best of my memory, I waited almost 30 days before Team Viewer replied with the news that I was approved as a free user.. I have helped family and friends about 10 times in the previous 90 days. Short sessions and always free. Woody


    @woodyboy

    Hi woody

    Thanks a lot for your clear response ! Great information ! (But 30 days, same for me, is quite a long time when somebody expect and relies on your help).

    Wishing it will last long for you...

    So, maybe there is a way... cross fingers !

    André

  • nadsha
    nadsha Posts: 4

    I also received the same message "TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”" but i still can't connect to my Laptop via my cell phone. Sometime i am out on the road and needs some info from my laptop but even though message says "TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”" but i still can't connect to my laptop via my cell phone and disconnected with in 2 minutes or less

  • nadsha
    nadsha Posts: 4
    Dear TeamViewer User,

    Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

    STILL NOT WORKING
  • SINCE I HAVE SEVERAL DAYS I HAVE RECEIVED MESSAGES THAT SAY THAT MY CONNECTION TO TEAMVIEWER IS PROFESSIONAL, THING THAT IS NOT VIRTUE AS I CONNECT WITH THE PC OF MY FATHER OR WITH MY MOTHER, SO I HAVE NOT CASE.

    THE PROBLEM IS THAT I CONNECT TO YOUR ID AND IN A LITTLE TIME I SHUT OFF THE CONNECTION DURING A TIME AND DO NOT LET ME RETURN TO CONNECT ME UNTIL CAPE UP PAST A FEW MINUTES. I CONNECT WITH MY PARENTS OR SOME FRIEND FROM TIME TO TIME, MAYBE 5 OR 6 TIMES A MONTH. THAT IS NOT PROFESSIONAL USE.

    IS THERE ANY WAY TO SOLVE IT WITHOUT HAVING TO REGISTER A LICENSE? SINCE I AM WITHOUT WORK AND I CAN NOT ALLOW ME.

    I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE.

  • CroCan
    CroCan Posts: 3

    >>**Third Party Product** is for 30 days trial

    You have to create an account and add 5 computers for personal usage for free.

  • nadsha
    nadsha Posts: 4

    I already have team viewer account but its says commercial use detected

    even i have received an email that my account is set to free

    Dear TeamViewer User
     Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as personal


  • @LeVuHoang wrote:

    Issue solved by myself.


    Sorry to respond now but i have ran across the same  issue and it seems that since im a non-paying user i can't even contact support. What did you do to fix this issue?

    Thanks

     

  • ese es mi probema, que me conecto y a los pocos minutos me corta la conexion, y me pone que estoy usandolo de modo profesional y no es verdad, en soporte tecnico me dicen que al swer licencia gratuita, pregunte en la comunidad, pero aqui nadie dice nada., a ver si hay suerte y alguien contesta.

  • Andre75
    Andre75 Posts: 73 ✭✭


    @CIBERTOS

    (Edited by a moderator in accordance with our community guideline)

    (* Here after an English translation, of my reply, as the moderators of this community will advise you (and me) to express ourselves only in English....  (Edited by a moderator in accordance with our community guideline)

    Hi CIBERTOS,

    It seems that you didn't read any posts before yours. If you don't read those, you can't know if someone talked about your problem or not...

    Please, take a time to read the others' comments. (there are "just" 44 web pages !)

    André

  • Hello i did read the post before mine however all i was able to find was someone who said that they fixed it not anyone explaining how they fixed it.
  • No one has "fixed it".  There have been some success in begging forgiveness, rituals involving goats and swearing by the grave of your great-grandmother.  I would also suggest praying to the supreme entity of your religion.

    The process goes like this:  one of the comments here has a link to a page where you download a form.  You print the form, fill it out, sign it, scan it back into your computer and send it back to TV.  When you sign the form, you are giving an oath that you are only using TV for personal use.  then you have to send an image of the form you sign back to TV.  But they don't give you an email address, link, etc. to where you should send it.

    I think that we should send a description of our plight to Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert and maybe he can do a **bleep** about.

    Intern: TV says I'm using their software for commercial.  I'm trying to help my mother in Elbonia.

    Dilbert: Contact their customer support

    Intern: I'm a free user I can't contact TV customer support

    Dilbert: try the forum

    Intern: the forum said to contact Scott Adams.

    Dilbert: Did you hear a long laugh coming from a place far away?  That is Greed and Hipocracy laughing all the way to the bank.

  • On September 21, 2018, I received the following response from TeamViewer stating:

    "Thank you very much for sending your self-declaration of personal use to us. We have successfully reset the TeamViewer ID you submitted via the form provided earlier, and we acknowledge that you are using TeamViewer for personal use only."

    However, I'm still getting all of the same messages and restrictions.

    This is an example from my home PC:

    http://i68.tinypic.com/1zmfb4j.jpg

    I also get a message every time I connect via. Android but I don't have access to my phone at this moment in time, in order to take a screenshot of the message.

    Any ideas?

  • I get this message every time I use my phone to access my computer.

    This has worked fine before but now, the connection automaticly terminates after a few minutes. On my phone I get the message "Sponsored session". This was a free session sponsored by www.teamviewer.com

    TeamViewr sessions are free of charge for personal use.

    We thank you for playing fair.

    Why do I get this message now? it's only private use of my computer. I have already logged into my teamviewer account to access my computer.

Sign In or Register to comment.