TeamViewer frequently quit and crashed windows system when connecting from Mac

My TeamVierwer version is 15.4.4445. Whenever I tried to connect to a Windows 7 system from a macOS Mojave, TeamViewer quit after a short time. Sometimes it quit immediately, and sometimes it quit after 5 minutes. I tried reconnecting for multiple times, and finally this error messaged showed up. After a while, it quit again. TeamViewer Connection lost Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 4.06.33 PM.png

Then the PC stopped working and could not be connected anymore. Does anyone know how to solve the issue?

Comments

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Penny_piu,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Please kindly check the operating systems supported by TeamViewer and the versions on both devices.

To make sure to always have access to your remote devices, we urge you to keep both your own devices as well as your remote devices on the same TeamViewer version and preferably on the latest TeamViewer version to benefit from the latest improvements and security updates as well as the highest performance.

Please keep in mind, that connections from an older TeamViewer version to a newer TeamViewer version are not possible.

Note: TeamViewer users with a free license are not able to use any other but the latest TeamViewer main-version. Learn more here.

I hope the information would be helpful.

Best regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G