Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Comercial use

Why are you still using TV if there is better out there?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

What's the other solution? 

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Have a look at **Third Party Product**. I might as well get flagged or message will get deleted by admin.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

PM me... 

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

NOT RESOLVED!  NO RRESPONSE. :-(

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Suspect Commercial use on one device

I have 6 devices, 2 desktop iMac's, 2 Macbooks, and 2 or 3 iOS devices for remote access.  My 2nd iMac is a newer unit late - 2014 iMac 5k macos Catalina; and recently added an iPhone 11 and iPad 5 for remote access when away in Dominican Republic, my wife's country and working with immigration for some time.  Recently tried to access my iMac 5k, which is the Lead or Host computer and now get that msg many here are getting, suspect commercial use, or sometime detect commercial use, with an OK or More Info botton, which takes you to a request to pay **Please do not Discuss Price**.  Yikes!    I have been using TV since 2012 I think, and never an issue; but now, and only when trying to access my newer iMac 5k with macos Catalina do I get the msg.  I can connect with the older mid-2011 iMac using Sierra 10.12.6, and eith macbooks with never and issue.  I have filled out the form online so TeamViewer can access my setup, and my long history with them as a personal use only.  I was surprised to see so many have the same issue; and, hoping we can all find a fix, so, we may use TV once again.  I desperately needed a few documents on the iMac 5k, which I use mostly; but, could not access long enough to find the documents needed for immigration in Santo Domingo for my wife's visa to come to America.  I have heard nothing from TV folks, and just tried to call them and specifically asks if you are a free personal user, and says come here then hangs up on you.  Hmmmm...   Well, it is free, but of no use currently for us folks with this msg and blocking our connecting remotely.  This really ended up hurting us badly this time; and, the trip to Santiago and bus ride to the capital Santo Domingo US Embassy was wasted.  In that country documents for ID, birth certificates have to certified every 90 days!!!  Not like here good for life.   Crazy...  But, this must have evolved either for having to constantly going to numerous locations and waiting in hot weather with a huge crowd of people for your number to be called, then get in a line, which goes to several other lines, having to pay 300 - 800 pesos at each.  That is not a lot, as the exchange rate is 55 pesos to the dollar.  But, it does add up; and, the trip there and back is expensive, requiring numerous  trips.  I have no business, not working and retired.  I do not understand how their system could flag me as suspect for commercial use?  Does anyone know if there is some setting or some limit or some type of use that one should not engage in?  Has anyone received a response with any type of explanation?  I tried a chat session here just now, but ended up talking to myself, although it did allow me to send my messages.  Just no one eve responded, nor gave any indication what happened with all my sent messages.   Hopefully, someone will chime in and assist me. [removed per Community Guidelines]  I did use **Third Party Product** also some years ago until they went completely commercial.  I do not think any of us here could afford, or justify **Please Do Not Discuss Price** to occasionally connect with your remote computer for files needed elsewhere a few times a year. I just like to connect and see that all is working, so, when that very much needed moment comes, like it did recently, all goes well, and quickly.  But, I got cut off intially, then completely blocked, saying must wait some specified length of time.  That does not work when at the US Embassy for your interview and they need a document which you may send by email to them; but, I could not do it at that critical moment.  Now, must start over in the process.  I have never been so dismayed by a setup that I tried out so many times and never a problem.  Then, when the time came....  Blocked!   Please give a reply if anyone has some knowledge of what one may do, or not do so this message and blocking does not get flagged.  Best, Seth Thomas

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Suspect Commercial use on one device

At the end of September, I filled out the form for one of my laptops in my home that I was getting the "Commercial use detected..." message for and TeamViewer had it fixed one week later. I then filled out the form for the TeamViewer app that is on my phone to get freed up for personal use on October 11th, well over a month agp, and I am still getting the "Commercial use detected..." message - So, that means they have overlooked my request or they decided that they believe it is being commercially used - I will never know because they haven't sent me an email about it. They did send me an email that my laptop had been freed up for personal use over a month ago though a week after I filled out the form for it. So, I went ahead and filled out another form for my phone and maybe they will take care of it this time?

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Finally posted!  But, for how long... We shall see.  I know it is a free version; but, locking up my computer when I deleted all the TV files I could find that did not get deleted from an uninstall, I find rather unsettling.  However, we shall see what happens from here.  I suspect I will be placed on some black list and my account will be permanently flagged to not work.   Well, I thought folks should know about this experience; and, that so many files are placed everywhere in one's operating system folders of all types it was incredible.  I have never seen anything like it; and, I have successfully deleted some very nasty ones including MacCleaner, MacKeeper and the like..  Those actually were easy; but, may be ones folks know about.  TV SW required a complete erase and reformat of my boot SSD, and reinstall of macos and a recent backup of my system setup to get things working again.  Best, Seth

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

As you can see my post has subsequently drastically edited and many thing deleted.  They completely control what is said here.  How American.  And, one message has been completely unposted, as it was revealing of the many files that cannot be deleted once TV is installed; and, if they are deleted, your desktop will lock down and will not complete a startup.  Look elsewhere for what other folks have to say.  Folks have posted the exact file name and message received when they get their computer locked up by TV SW files that were deleted.  I suspect this message will not get posted either.  Best, Seth

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I'v been using TV to assist a visually disabled Veteran and sent them the information they requested which resulted in a message that they were reinstating my free use.  However after about two weeks got the same message again.  They don't identify which ID is in question, so I provided both ID's in both responses.  Now I get the "timeout" disconnect plus the "commercial use" nag.  I believe they are obviously trying to push people to a paid status.  If their prices weren't tiered such as to punish individuals who might be wiliing to incur a small annual fee,  I would consider that.  I hope they get their obviously biased algorithms fixed soon.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Yes, total control of what is said, and what cannot be said.   That is crazy.  How can people interact effectively if every other sentenced is sensored?   This is American, yes?  TV?  And we are in America, yes?   This is rather outrageous.  

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Unfortunately TV is a German company.  They just need to fix their "detection" algorithms so they don't flag obvious personal use.  They may be overloaded because so many ID's are being flagged by bad agorithms.  Hang in there!

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Ok.   Thank you for the response. You are connected with teamviewer team?  Yes, I suspected a change was made in their flagging routines, and somebody got overzealous, and now they are inundated. 
  Best, Seth 

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Just out of curiosity, do you also get less than a minute duration of the connection under commercial use suspected, despite the warning that you will have 5 minutes before the connection is terminated?

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Connection issues with update on Mac and TeamViewer

Actually it is quite difficult to find any viable alternative. Most other solutions assume only windows support. What one really needs is a multiplatform solution (ideally including mobile devices). If you are talking about **Third Party Product**, while they work on windows and linux, their performance is just significantly slower when it comes to video performance and their support of osx is just abysmal.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Connection issues with update on Mac and TeamViewer

I have said goodbye to TV 2 years ago. I just shake my head to those who are still clinging to TV. Greed is TV's slow death. TV will be in the museum soon that Blackberry is in.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Yes, I had initially a very short connection and then was abruptly disconnected before I could really do anything.  and subsequent attempts to connect were blocked completely.  Folks are talking about alternative and have said goodbye to TV up to two years ago, and I'm trying to find out what SW it is. Can you code it if you happen to know? Awesome Blossom The day I can erase my hard drive my boot dryers and do a fresh operating system installed and then install a recent back up so I know there are no residual TV files left behind. There must be at least 80 files they hide in every conceivable place you wouldn't even think of. And if you do find them and you delete them On start up your computer it will lock up displaying a message that clearly let you know that they know you have deleted TV files they don't want delete it but evidently some invisible files remain that are responsible for the lock up.  and start up your computer will lock up displaying a message that clearly let you know that they know you have deleted TV files they don't want deleted but evidently some invisible files remain that are responsible for the lock up

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Commercial Use for Students

Teamviewer continues to bully privative users and makes false statements!

Today, I received a message that Teamviewer cannot connect to my partner PC because the partner PC has a higher version. This is clearly a wrong statement because the partner PC has the same version 14. 

I made the update to version 15. Big mistake! Now the connection to my partner PC is blocked. In version 15, Teamviewer implemented a connection block of 10 minutes, which means that one cannot access the partner PC and has to wait. Is there any better way to upset users? It is the opposite of improvement. It is user bullying. 

Why is a good company turning a good product into bad? 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Team Viewer 15 - SCAM! Commercial use!

My friends, be careful! 

Teamviewer continues to bully private users and makes false statements!

Today, I received a message that Teamviewer cannot connect to my partner PC because the partner PC has a higher version. This is clearly a wrong statement because the partner PC has the same version 14. 

I made the update to version 15. Big mistake! Now the connection to my partner PC is blocked. In version 15, Teamviewer implemented a connection block of 10 minutes, which means that one cannot access the partner PC and has to wait. Is there any better way to upset users? It is the opposite of improvement. It is user bullying. 

Why is a good company turning a good product into bad? 

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Concur.  It's almost impossible to completely uninstall TV, and if you try by using various techniques that are more technical, it will lock up their computer at start up making it she use the most frustrating affair. You'll end up having to erase your boot drive reinstalling operating system and starting over to restore your working environment. The most tedious task. TeamViewerAuthPlugin.bundle.  Located in library and security folder if you delete this file your computer will be locked down at start up in a message go pier that's clearly from TV. Do a search on the Internet using the name of this file and you will see others have experienced the same thing.  There must be nearly 100 files they disseminate over your entire operating system and they are not completely eliminated by doing an uninstall. They have become greedy and out of control with a paranoid unethical methods for control over everything, and one feels like they're dealing with very restrictive countries with merchants censorship. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Don't know why everyone is still bothering with TV? The quicker you ditch TV, the quicker they will get the message. There is so many other solutions out there and I have been using this specific one for the past 2 years without any hastles.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

[Removed Per Community Guidelines]but as i have posted previously, all tv competition lacks terribly in performance, especially in non-windows environment, osx is an example. Plus, their solutions tend to be silly when it comes to ease of use. At the moment, there is NO alternative that would give one such a wide variety of devices to control at such an amazing performance (i can watch video over tv somewhere over the atlantic). I can get to my grandmothers tablet to set things up for her with tv. I strongly dislike tv and the whole incompetent buch of their math deprived developers but there is nothing better, period.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

@ClaudevdRyst wrote:

Don't know why everyone is still bothering with TV? The quicker you ditch TV, the quicker they will get the message. There is so many other solutions out there and I have been using this specific one for the past 2 years without any hastles.

I don't mean to sound supportive of tv, i am not, but there is simply no alternative performance wise and one which would support linux, windows, osx, android and ios. Have you tried e.g. **Third Party Product** in osx? Unusable. They have other annoyances to mess with  you such as a missing list of remote computers.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Thank you for your quick response. Good luck to you.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

I beg to differ though, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have this alternative on my Linux machine and access Windows and Apple devices from it. I have the app on my Android smartphone as well and works perfectly for me. I can do everything I used to do when using TV.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

@ClaudevdRyst wrote:

I beg to differ though, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have this alternative on my Linux machine and access Windows and Apple devices from it. I have the app on my Android smartphone as well and works perfectly for me. I can do everything I used to do when using TV.

Again maybe there is a different solution that i know of. i just web searched alternatives to their product and tried a few, most of them were totally unusable, only one that was close was ... Can you quickly post the name before they delete it?

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Gweedv & pwower & contrwol Elmer Fudd told me...  but TeamViewer is such a wonderful project, and there are so many ways to approach any problem  One dang, such things and also things some  bangs equally as well

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

I agwee wit you my frweind!  Compwleetly!  Cwensor  that one pwease 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Caught in a Loop of "Commercial Use" Miscategorization

Have struggled with returning to "free status" after being pegged incorrectly as "Commercial".  Two attempts to be reclassified have been partially-successful.  Email comes saying I'm "free" again, the top right logo changes to FREE, but the Commercial usage window still appears and the connection is limited to a few minutes.  Should I UNINSTALL teamviewer?  Should I UNINSTALL teamviewer AND use a new account?   Any examples with other users experiencing this?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Uncommercial

Hello. Why can't i connect to myself? Writes that commercial use, but am I connecting to myself? The same situation when I help my dad, I can’t do something in 5 minutes. Why is that?

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Use at University = commercial

Hey guys,

I would like to use teamviewer, but I am wondering if using it at a university or research facility qualifies as commercial use.

Many thanks!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: using private connections

hello guys,

can not connect into my pc at home, it keeps shutting me down, saying this is a comercial connection, just want to see my pc at home and see if everything is all right

best regards nerval

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Connection blocked

The same problem

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

I got a response back saying they could not verify Personal use only, and directed me to sales staff, or another form to print and fill out, then email back as attachment. I had to rescan back into my computer. I included pictures of my set up at home, my apartment actually, showing very clearly that I’ve got no business going On here or any commercial use possible. I am tired and I do not work so I have no colleagues or any other commercial affiliations. I will let folks know what the response.
Best, Seth
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

I don’t know where to write. Help me please!

Hello. I often travel to work. and I need remote access. Therefore, I often connect to my computer via phone and laptop. Recently, access has been given for 5 minutes. it is not comfortable. I spend a lot of time to access my computer and get the information I need. Could you remove the restrictions from my account? Thanks. I use the program solely for personal purposes.

Posted by
Henagon

Re: TEAM VIEWER 14 FREE VERSION IS ASKING ME TO BUY LICENSE

Yes I'm doing exactly the same - been using Teamviewer for years and suddenly they accuse you of commercial use and block it. I do a lot of remote support work for the family. So I can't recommend Teamviewer to anyone - there are plenty of alternatives out there.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: TEAM VIEWER 14 FREE VERSION IS ASKING ME TO BUY LICENSE

Well done. At least another less user of TV and hopefully more will follow. Really people. Don't tell me that nothing compares to TV. I thought so, but trying out the alternatives, you will quickly realize that those alternatives will give you the same functionality. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Team Viewer detect comercial use

Hello,I have a free user Team Viewer app at home , and i enter from phone or from where i am to acces pc home for help kids, family. Now detect me like "Comercial use" , and i have been blocked every 1 min on use .Could you please help me ? I send a form via email.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Session timeout!

Hi,

Last few times when I tried using TV presentation, after ~1 minute I've got message:

"Your teamviewer session has timed out and will be closed". I tried reinstalling but same thing. 

I got free license. How to fix this?

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Alert for not domestic use

I have had the free version of teamviewer for years, since I make a domestic use of it, a few days ago I get a message that tells me I'm not using it for domestic use and I don't understand why

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Alert for not domestic use

Me too, Gives me five minutes (Not counted but pretty sure its alot less than that more towards 1-3 minutes) then closes and "blocks" me till like 10-15min later and again i can use for 1-3 minutes, Rather frustrating, Will be keeping an eye on this post - I also only home use with 1 phone connecting to 1 pc that never changes.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I believe I have the same problem: I've been using the free version to communicate with my 92 year old father-in-law's computer. This has been my only use of the program for at least a couple of years. Suddenly, there was a notification indicating (more or less) that because of repeated hangups and calling the account is now treated as commercial and is therefore restricted to 6 minutes or so.

Anyone who has dealt with fixing old people's computers would know how involved and unpredictable this process can be. 

I hope Teamviewer staff is reding this message and can reset my account. Is there a way to reach Teamviewer on a problem like this?

Thank you,

JF

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I have experienced the same issuu after years of using. 

Today I had nearly messed up my university study, because I had to enter my home computed nearly 20 time so I can send the files to my self.

I hope TV team will fix this.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Good to hear that other users than myself has had this experience recently. I really need someone at TeamViewer to explain the logic behind how TeamViewer is deciding that a user suddenly is labeled as a commercial user. I have had a TeamViewer account for years, strictly for private use. I use TeamViewer to support my old mother when needed. I have set it up so that I can make unattended connections so that I don't have to bother her with reading the connection password to me each time. I use TeamViewer very moderately. I lately made an addition in my mothers house and set up a Raspberry Pi (headless) to monitor her internet connection since she has had performance issues. This Raspberry Pi is also temporarily connected to TeamViewer for unattended remote connections. So, the normal TeamViewer usage scenario for me is for one (1) PC only. Just some day ago I got a message when connecting to my mother (to fix a problem she had with her printer) that TeamViewer considered me being a non paying commercial user. The message said I only had 5 minutes sessions available that then would disconnect. This was somewhat not all true though since the session didn't last more than 10 seconds tops. I'm puzzled how TeamViewer can come to this conclusion based on how frequent I use TeamViewer (very seldom) and how many PCs I remote into (1 normally, now temporarily 2 with the Raspberry Pi). I'm already moving away from TeamViewer because of what just happened, but I want to learn and get knowledge about what's behind it all so that I understand how TeamViewer thinks and acts when it comes to personal use.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Alert for not domestic use

Hi I wonder what I can do when my connection to my TeamViewer says I use it for commercial. I have a Dell Server but it is only for me and my closest friends. Is it considered commercial?

Sincerely

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Intermittent "Commerical Use" popup after update to Windows 10 build 1909 on free account.

Recent spate of "commerical use detected" pop-ups after update to Windows 10 1909 fully patched  on both ends. Been using TV for a few years to manage my mother-in-laws PC. Just updated to TV 15 and also updated Mother in laws machine to Windows 10 1909 and mine. Device is not being disabled although the popup threatens to do so. I can still access her machine. Is there a know problem with "commerical use detected" in the new versions?

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Intermittent "Commerical Use" popup after update to Windows 10 build 1909 on free account.

Same here, but unrelated with the OS. Very anoying!

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

It took over a month, but TeamViewer finally reset my ID so that I am once again a "free user!"  It was frustrating for awhile and I have always used and loved TV, so I am so happy they examined my case and understood that I am not a paid helper at all, nor did I use it with clients.  I guess I would say to be patient (I sent in two requests) and eventually they do get around to you.

Good Luck.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Agree, eventually they will fix the account. The annoying part is that it always happens. Every 3, 4 months or so I get a compliance  notification. Very annoying. I always send an email with the very same explanation, step by step on how and why I use TV and how the problem occurs and I still get blocked once in a while. Anyway, it's a free service so I believe we can't expect premium support. Will wait.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

I was recently flagged for this, submitted the information and became unflagged, then it triggered again so I submitted another form to have them unflag it and got a response that they, "unable to confirm that the submitted ID is being used privately.". The computers are six feet from me and are all in the same room. It's outrageous that this keeps being triggered and they are so slow to respond.

I submitted the form so they can "determine whether we can re-enable your use of TeamViewer." but I'm just about done with it. I'll move to a different product if they want to be like this (or **bleep**, I'll stop being lazy and get up out of my chair, this just makes life easier) and it's unacceptable they are triggering this. A 91 page thread on it should scream, "Hey, you have a problem with your software triggering improperly". I never bothered to look anywhere else because I honestly enjoyed TeamViewer and it was easy to use. I recommended it to a lot of people but now I'm going to start recommending **Third Party Product** which is what I'll be switching to. Worst thing a software company can do is have policies in place that push users to competitors.