Posted by treptowers
Trigon

Re: commercial use detected solution

Facebook the Teamviewer team wrote :

We understand your frustration and we apologize for the inconvenience. In order to continue using TeamViewer again, our support team has to investigate each case and resolve any issue. Therefore, you have to fill out the form in our community: http://bit.ly/2HNAuZh and then you will receive a ticket ID. Please note that we constantly endeavor to support our customers and give them the best service. We kindly ask for your patience.
Best, ... 

This can not be the right way. So i have to say Goodbye to Teamviewer !

Posted by nickelj
Henagon

German Text below:
Oh what a shame to have the names of the competition deleted by the moderator.
Dear Teamviewer Support instead of controlling every contribution of a frustrated customer, put this efficiency into processing the opened tickets, this makes a thousand times more sense, above all you annoy every customer even more and believe me EVERYONE here is so sick of it and finds an alternative, that is as safe as the next sunrise.

Best regards from Switzerland to Göppingen

Oh welch ein Armutszeugnis die Namen der Konkurrenz vom Moderator löschen zu lassen.
Lieber Teamviewer Support anstelle jeden Beitrag eines frustrierten Kunden zu kontrollieren, steckt diese Effizienz doch lieber in das bearbeiten der eröffneten Tickets, macht tausendmal mehr Sinn, vor allem ärgert ihr jeden Kunden nur noch mehr und glaubt mir JEDER hier hat sowas von die Schnauze voll und findet eine Alternative, das ist so sicher wie der nächste Sonnenaufgang.

Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz nach Göppingen
Posted by macshane
Digon

TV moderator’s team are really really fast.

I suggest that moderator’s team takes the place of Ticket ID’s Commercial Used Detected resolutionTeam.

About moderation… it is very strange that is forbidenn to speak about an other software here. 

On the Playstation forum, we speak about Xbox without problem, even with the price of the boxes. On Adobe forum, we talk about sketch, about Maya on 3DS max forum, etc.

I think this is call « liberty of expression » in english.

mc.

sorry for bad english.

Posted by areedhimes
Photon

picked wrong license

I was pretty sure i picked 'personal' when installing, but must have picked commercial as the trial expired on my new laptop. I use this to manage my personal PCs, so don't need a commercial license. I uninstalled and reinstalled (on windows 10) selecting 'personal' for sure, but it's remembering the commercial install. How do I clear the old install?

Posted by aricassel
Henagon

Please reinstate my personal account to normal use

I am a personal user. Allworked normal and well for years. Suddenly Teamviewer blocks my account saying that I'm using for business purposes. Tried to get this corrected, now I get access tomy computers for very few minutes at a time.

Don't know how to contact Teamviewer to correct this, nor do I know how to get my account reinstated to normal personal use.

P|lease, someone help me.

Posted by FreeThink
Photon

Re: Please reinstate my personal account to normal use

I have the same problem.

Posted by calawide
Henagon

Disconnected because Time Limit reached (30 seconds)

At home I have a desktop (Win 10), a router with 100MBit optical fiber connection and an ethernet cable between them. Since 1 month, every time I start Teamviewer, after 30 seconds connection is interrupted saying I have reached my time limit, for 10 minutes I can't reconnect and if I try again I obtain same result (30 seconds connection and stop). The incredible thing is If I use a laptop, connected to the same router via WiFi, everything works!!!!!

Can you help me?

Posted by treptowers
Trigon

Re: Disconnected because Time Limit reached (30 seconds)

Nobody can help you here. You must support TV. Or you take a alternative Program. Support TV and answer takes up to 30 days.
Posted by waces
Trigon

yes, the problem exists for months, for many many users. tw never answered any support call saying it's a free product and but the "business" edition to get support (obviously the tool is way to **bleep**ty to pay a cent for this).
If I want to spend money, will but **Third Party Product**. If you want to use a free product use **Third Party Product** (it has the same, central, web based interface like TW, so your machines can be reached pretty much everywhere). Stay away from TW as it's just the ruined version of a once trusted company.

Posted by Kjouve
Photon

Detected as a pro user but I'm not !

Hi,

I don't use Teamviewer very often but time to time when someone of my family has a problem with his computer (old people and technology ;-)) - But today I can't use TeamViewer because they suspect a professional use, which is not the case at all. Maybe it's because I use my professional email address ? Is there a solution or do I have to go toward an alternative software. Thanks for your help. Have a nice day

Posted by DidierBarbe
Electron

thk teamviewer teams ;)

After 3-4 week i received this, thks teamviewer team ;) :

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer account has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.
Posted by denischti59
Henagon

Re: thk teamviewer teams ;)

The same for me after 2 weeks

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Dear All,

Thank you for your numerous feedback and comments on this topic. We created an updated version of our Knowledge Base article which includes answers to the most common questions.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-...

@DidierBarbe :

It seems there is a little mistake in our mailing.
We refered to the "TeamViewer ID" that has been reset and not the "TeamViewer account".

We apologize for the mistake and wish you lot of fun with TeamViewer.

Fabien

Highlighted
Posted by waces
Trigon

oh, yes. and please include on the site that even you're fill up the form nothing will happen. (Fill out this form to create a ticket: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/).
First of all, why not hire at least one coder who fix this issue on your backend (let me help you, it's not a rocket science) as the issue exists for months..and months...and months...

"we are now aiming to solve all requests within seven days. " - another lie. It never ever fixed within a week. Feel free to correct it withing several months/years.

"However, some users are using the free version commercially." - however, some of tw coders cannot understand the code they wrote. If you can prove anyone use the tool commercially, well, then discuss it with the problematic user and not ban random number of users never used commercially this ""tool"".

If you cannot afford to hire skilled coders then feel free to ask the community to help/turn into GPL license. But as of now you're a joke.
Posted by Bogmore
Digon

Re: Detected business use fix.

Got an email telling me it was fixed and it wasn't.  All I did was connect to a machine on my network after getting the all clear email and it was back.

I think the detection system is as follows, "Have Windows 10 Pro = SetTrue", It was cheaper than Windows 10 home so I bought it for one machine.

I replied to the email telling them what I did and that it's fubared again.

Also I can't have used it for business as for the last month I have been unempolyed.  I start another job in a few weeks.

Posted by mcjb009
Henagon

trial expired

TeamViewer thinks I'm using the software commercially! There is surely a problem with the detection system because I have a home network and I use Team Viewver for personal purposes only. More than a week ago, I had the "Commercial Use Detected" popup, and I can only use my connection for a few minutes at a time? Can you tell me how to reset my free subscription?

Posted by Jbib
Trigon

Re: Free License Limitation

English :

Hello,
Detection conditions for commercial use have been strengthened.
If you are using Teamviewer for personal and private use, please apply for a recovery for personal use here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/
It takes between 20 to 30 days for a recovery of the account if the analysis shows that your activity is personal and private.
jbib

French :

Bonjour,
Les conditions de détection pour usage commercial ont été renforcées.
Si vous utilisez Teamviewer pour un usage personnel et privé à titre gracieux faite une demande de rétablissement pour usage personnel ici : https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/
Il faut compter entre 20 à 30 jours pour un rétablissement du compte si l’analyse montre que votre activité est personnelle et privée.
jbib
Posted by jeet
Henagon

Loss off personal access privilege

Hello,
I meet a problem with my teaViewer account. Indeed, suddendly, a popup informed me that a profesional use has been detected whereas it is not absolutely the case.
Could you grant me again personal access profile ?
Many thanks in advance for your support.
Do not hesitate if you need further information.
Kind Regards,

Posted by treptowers
Trigon

Re: Loss off personal access privilege

Only Post 1 ist the solution. Teamviever is not more trustworthy
Posted by Andre75
Pentagon

TeamViewer 13 installation- Setup never ending

Hello everyone ! Glad to having found your community :smileyvery-happy:

According to JoshP request, I try to provide an English translation of my former topic that I posted in French (sorry for my low English level ! Hope I'll be understood... ).

Working with Windows 7 x64.

I used TeamViewer for many years (only private use, (free) to help some friends and relatives, about twice or 3 times a month, never more).

After encountering a problem (probably :  'Suspected commercial use') all my TV sessions was shut down after a few seconds with a message like : "Your trial session has expired" !  I've submitted this problem to TV team, I only received a ticket ID : 4205002 by returned 'No reply'  e-mail,  but I've never got any reply as a solution :catsad:  :smileyfrustrated:).

So, I completely uninstalled TV 13, and try to reinstall it.

But I can't reinstall it anymore. See the inserted image. The setup hangs at the step :  'Installing TeamViewer service' ... this has not moved for more than an hour. I'm afraid I'll have to stop the process and give up.

Thank you to those who would be kind enough to bring me a solution. :catvery-happy:

Andre75 (from Paris)

TeamViewer setup failure.JPG

Posted by IT_Tech_Guy
Henagon

Thank You for the info!

I didn't realized **Third Party Product** had a free version for family use.
Will try it! :)

-= Zsolt =-

Posted by waces
Trigon

That's **bleep** again. First of all, if you _think_ someone use this app for commercial way you need to _prove_ it first instead if banning. Also, it not require for 20+ days [This sentence removed by Moderator] to check. And finally you banned mainly personal users because your so called verificationml method is simply not working.
Additionally, you not care about your customers at all (no response for the forum entries, e-mails, etc). You act like a orincess i stead of saying, yes,sorry,we made a mistake,here is a complementary gift.
But no,you're still redirecting the users to the "verification" page and let them wait for a month to something happens and if they are lucky you unblock them. If not,they still be blocked for a non existing reason.
Would you please tell is the "very sophisticated" method you use to mark a user as commercial usaler? I assume it's simply a randomly selected accounts in the backend (in my example there were two machines in my home config,freshly built and installed the tw acconut one by one. One marked as personal,other marked as commercial. Sophisticated as **bleep**)

Posted by waces
Trigon

Szivesen :)

(It works well for entry level supporting household machines. Obviously you should move forward to subscription based one if needed. It's still better than tw especially on non-windows devices.)

DEVICE ACCESS
For non-commercial use only
[The price removed by Moderator]
Limited to 5 remote computers
and 3 users
Cloud connections only
At0tended and unattended access
Desk-side install required

Posted by clanmcwood
Digon

I HAVE filled in the form in the link you posted 3 WEEKS ago and I have had nothing back, no ID ticket nothing at all its just a scam to force people to guy a commercial product that is MASSIVLY overpriced when you say they can use it for free for personal use 

Posted by Andre75
Pentagon

Hi everyone who is following up this topic.

I am one more who was trapped into this problem. And, looking for a solution, reaching this TV community... I realize that I'm far to be alone in that trapp !

So funny the reply got on FB (that is reported below) : "... you have to fill out the form in our  communityhttp://bit.ly/2HNAuZh  and then you will receive a ticket ID." !!! ... Then ??? What else to get an efficient and true help ?... This kind of response can be so easily copy & paste thousand times that it seems to be the easier, and most used way found out by TV team to "solve" this problem !

Actually, I did it yet, and I've received a ticket ID indeed (should I say : "already not so bad !"  ?)... it's been 8 days ago... Since I've got this ticket ID, nothing else is happened. My sessions kept on being shut down after a few seconds with the same message : "Closed as over limit time"  (something like that) ! (And, of course, I'm not using TV at  a so called "professional use", and I never did it).

Then, what am I wondering now ?... If I was the boss of a company that's planning to use  paying versions on many computers, if it was essential for my business, I would be very scared that TV team has the same "interest"  to solve any TeamViewer issue which could happen in my company... How to be confident in someone who obviously doesn't care one's customers ? (A free use in family, can be also a paying customer "outside").

And so sorry that I am only a victim, among many others, instead of beeing able to help those who have been trapped like me !

Andre75

Posted by KampfKraut
Digon

How long do you have to wait for the re-activation? I'm waiting 15 days to be unlocked again. Strangely, only 1 desktop PC and 1 gaming laptop was locked (on the TeamViewer is installed) on another desktop PC it still works (despite the message that it is an incorrect use of the program)

Posted by justsomeguy
Digon

Clearly not true. Connected earlier today for 20 minutes or so. - reconnected 4 1/2 hours later and was immediate;y kicked. After 5 years, I'll be uninstalling and finding another product. BTW, a commercial license is around $1900 USD/year.

Total **bleep**

Posted by Octoshape
Henagon

Teamviewer account has been reset to free, but is still limited

My account was flagged for commercial use, since I'm using teamviewer to finish my Master's thesis (non-commercial), but the machine I'm connecting to is in a commercial network, hence the wrong flagging.

Filled out the form, waited 30 days and received a reply, that my account has been reset to free again.

The only problem is: It has not been reset, I still get limited, even when "just" connecting from my phone to my personal computer at home.

Already tried restarting Teamviewer, I'm using Version 13.1.3629 on the computer at home and the newest linux version at the machine for my thesis.

Any tips on how to resolve this? The email saying that I was reset to free was from a no-reply mail, and since I have no license, there is no ticket or anything about the issue.

Posted by balrog9
Digon

This is extremely common. I am currently locked out myself because TV thinks I am on a business network. My advice is find another product, like I am going to try and do. Teamviewer was once top of the game but now they are no better than microsoft.
Posted by waces
Trigon

Agree. They are not trusted anymore. The sad part that they doesn't care about the customers at all. (But it made my life easier for the proposal as my cto had allocated budget for a company wide remote solution. I think **Third Party Product** will be happy to win this tender without competitors. And i heard quite similar stories from other fellow it operations colleagues when they changed from teamviewer to any other product just because of their bad experiences. If the company cannot handle the free users at all,i'm pretty sure they cannot handle the payed customers as well)

Posted by acronym
Henagon

Re: How long does TeamViewer take to review commercial use form

Whilst I really do appreciate the convenience of Teamviewer and that it is provided free of charge for non-commercial use, I think Teamviewer should be be more circumspect in restricting people (e.g. me) who they allege has used the product commercially. I have told them in the past that the service is great and I'd be willing to pay £20-£25 a year for private non-commercial use but there's no way I could afford a full commercial licence.

My use was restricted (to about 30 seconds per login about every 10 minutes) 19 days ago now. This has caused great inconvenience to me (particularly whilst I was on holiday for a week), I understand that Teamviewer must use algorithms to detect suspected commercial use, however, if they are just going to restrict services for huge periods without an efficient appeals process that algorithm needs to be quite accurate. Needless to say I have not used the product except for my own personal use and cannot understand why my use has been restricted.Guidance of what triggers the algorithm would be helpful.

So I am disgruntled and annoyed at the moment - but hope this disapperas when Teamviewer eventually get round to reviewing my appeal.

Posted by tarascon
Trigon

It's clear that teamviewer wants to eliminate their free users. I don't mind paying but there is no reasonable home-use license. The business license makes no sense for a non-commercial user.

Posted by rumatech
Henagon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

It is actually gets beyond ridiculous!

Either stop free usage completely or stop annoying your would be customers.

It seems that TV "commercial use" algorithm is quite simple. If computer is set up to use unattended access it qualifies as commercial use.

I use TV between few my computers. Got that dreadful warning (btw, deat TV team you can not count time either. 5 minutes expires in less than 1). Anyway, had to submit the form from ALL computers I use (only 3). Few weeks passed and I got an e-mail saying it was verified I am using TV for private use and restrictions are lifted.

Two weeks later -- "commercial use detected". Seriously? I  only used TV once or twice only to connect between my PCs.

If anyone wants real solution that works for personal use -- get **Third Party Product**. Up to 5 PCs is completely free.

**Third Party Product**was around for ages. The only real value of TV is easy connection without need for firewall setup. Real **Third Party Product**does just that without all the nonsense. If you want to connect more machines -- use **Third Party Product**. Yes, it will take some effort to set up your router, but it worth it.

Rudolf

Posted by clanmcwood
Digon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

same with me the company is an absolute joke just scamming people into buying the massivly overproced product

Get rid of TV people get **Third Party Product** instead its great and if you want to buy it its SIX TIMES CHEAPER than TV and better 

Posted by abuhannibal
Henagon

Having exactly the same problem. Really not cool. I too would be more than happy to pay for the product but I am NOT a commercial user and being summarily blocked and accused by some algorithm of being one really doesn't sweeten me on this company.

Posted by Rtousey
Henagon

I'm having the same problem, I was trying to help my brother fix his computer and out of the bkue I get a message that I'm running on a business network. I'm NOT a business either, occasionally I help out a friend or family member with Teamviewer

Posted by abuhannibal
Henagon

The way for Teamviewer to handle this without looking like jerks would be to pop up the "Commercial Use Suspected" message and then give the user a certain amount of time to appeal before being cut off. Inasmuch as I have already been using it for some years, I'm not seeing how an extra week or two would constitute a terrible burden for the company.  I should add that I have _no_ problem at all with being asked to prove that I am not a commercial user, and as a non-commercial user am also perfectly happy to pay a reasonable fee for the product. But not $50/month!!

Posted by Bizywk
Henagon

Re: Team viewer not working more than 5 min ,even after login with registred user. only work on team

Same here. Used ver 11 successfully a while back. Just upgraded to v13 on both sides with great difficulty. Help desk says that somewhere along the way we used the wrong licensed version on one end and there's no way to fix other than to buy the business version at $50/mo. Seems a bit sketchy to me, and certainly outside my price range for personal use.

Posted by Bizywk
Henagon

Used ver 11 successfully a while back for personal use. Worked for over an hour to make the reconnection today but it keeps kicking me after 5 min. Contacted sales who said the issue is that we used a commercial version on one end with no way to fix it other than to buy the $50/mo business version. That's way too much money for me to connect two personal computers a couple times a year. What a shame. This used to work very well.
Posted by JohnMcC
Trigon

TeamViewer needs to be upfront about its "free licence" policy. Is it valid long-term so long as users "play by the rules"? (And maybe monitoring of breaches of the rules needs improving!). Or is it just a temporary licence with eventual unrelenting pressure to buy a professional licence? For my part I think it's the latter but if you go out of your way to insist you're only using it for personal purposes they will grudgingly reinstate your "free" licence for a while. They did this for me but now on accessing certain computers I get a demand to purchase a professional licence, then a brief connection and then a timeout. I'm gradually moving to [deleted by moderator] but unfortunately it does not have all the features that TV does.

Posted by Ben5
Electron

I agree completely with all the previous comments.
I've known Teamviewer for quite some time. I am not a commercial user and so far, I have always told all my acquaintances that it was an extraordinary program.
If from now on we are going to have the inconveniences of not being able to use it, there are other similar alternatives such as [deleted by moderator]
Also from this moment, I will stop "making them positive free publication", because I am honestly very ANNOYING.
I believe that the Teamviewer gentlemen should think seriously about their actions, otherwise, in a very short time they will be left without the large list of users we have been using so far.

Posted by Jereme
Henagon

Re: Team viewer not working more than 5 min ,even after login with registred user. only work on team

I upgraded to v13 as well. I'm not sure at what point it started happening, but now whenever I try and connect to a friends computer to help them out it times out in less than a minute. I have not been able to figure out a work around. The issue does seem to be with my install vs the remote computer as it happens no matter what remote computer I attempt to connect to.

I am also constantly pestered with the annoying alert saying they think I am using it commercially.

If anyone figures out how to fix this software it would be great. It has been the best remote access software I have ever used until now.
Posted by Jereme
Henagon

After reading all these posts, this is the second time I have had to deal with Team Viewer doing something like this.

It is the best remoting software out there, and it has been great. But since they currently have a 30 day turn around in deciding if they are going to temporarily allow you to use the software for free again they have essentially turned it into a version of ransom where.

Once they have you hooked with all your friends and relatives setup so you can help them with promises that it will be free, then they pull the plug and lock you out of everything with no warning.

I am going to start migrating to [deleted by moderator]. While I used to prefer TeamViewer, they are no longer offering truly free software. And I need something reliable on my parents computer when they need help.

Posted by whiteviperx
Photon

They changed the policy and now you have to prove you’re not using is commercially... you have to upload your log file... i think they need to go back to how it was before.

Posted by whiteviperx
Photon

I think instead of the monthly fee you can give them an arm, leg or your first born child....

Posted by Jereme
Henagon

I would not mind that policy, but the surprise method they implemented it was rather underhanded. Also, I have a hard time believing that is their policy now.

I suspect that they will spend a month or two making us fight to prove that we are not commercial users, then only unlock us until their automated algorithm locks things and we have to start the whole process over again.

I have already started the process of converting my parents and friends over to Google RDP. It is not as good as Team Viewer, but for basic support it is enough, and it does not come with all these newly invented strings.
Posted by joggs
Henagon

Marked as a commercial user AGAIN! :-)

Teamviewer finally removed my flag as a commercial user after waiting for a couple of weeks!

A couple of days later, I am marked as a commercial user again! :-)

My guess is that they haven't changed the faulty algorithm at all. Just "fixing" it by letting a monkey uncheck the commercial user box for my user and click save. Ticket closed! :-)

Teamviewer keeps on surprising us!

Posted by WhipCracker
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer account has been reset to free, but is still limited

I too am having this exact same problem. I only use my account on about 2 PCs and have approx 7 devices added to my account and have done so for years. Took nearly a month to get a reply to say its been reset to free and no way to reply back to say that it's still showing commercial use suspected!

Hoping Admin are able to resolve this asap.
Posted by fioxx2001
Electron

I have the same problem

Posted by maria_28
Henagon

I have the same problem