Posted by TroyViewer
Henagon

Remove Suspected Commercial Use Pop Up

A few months ago one of my pc's was blocked for Commercial Use. I uninstalled and forgot about Teamviewer for a while. Today I reinstalled Teamviewer on the PC again. It's working now but I'm getting Suspected Commercial Use Pop ups. I really don't want it blocked again. Please, what do I do? I only use this pc as the household media server.

Posted by Andrea2001
Photon

BAN wrongly

I had a problem while I was transmitting my pc to a friend of mine via teamviewer and in the meantime I received the message from Ban because I used the account for commercial purposes when it is not true

Posted by fripzap
Photon

commercial use

hello, teamviewer detects a commercial use while it's wrong how to do? thank you

Posted by InalaRose
Henagon

Re: Reset to free but nothing change

Did it fix itself or how did it get fixed?

Posted by Armando005
Henagon

Commercial Use Detected!!!

Good day;

Although after claiming for the commercial use of the product, you have answered me
"After reviewing your application, we decided that your use case can be described as" personal "
I still have the same problems of not being able to connect with my equipment.
Do I have to do some other procedure for TeamViewer to return to its private use situation?

Thanks and best regards

Posted by InalaRose
Henagon

Did it ever get reset properly? I'm still waiting.

Posted by William68
Henagon

Today nothing change. still limited 1min max

Posted by InalaRose
Henagon

And there's no technical support or contact for free users to follow up. So I guess we just have the one minute free version that just keeps telling us commercial use detected even though we've also been told it isn't.

Posted by OldSurferDude
Trigon

Re: Commercial Use Detected!!!

I suspect you may have to send in a form for each and every computer to which you connect, not just the client (or is it "server" using client-server terminology?)

I think if you send the form everyday, for each computer, from each computer, for three months you may hear something.

Or not.

I suspect that Teamviewer has dedicated one person, one hour per month, to review cases such as ours.

Posted by ykanello
Photon

Re: connection blocked

I am not using this professionally but I am blocked to use it.

Really bad :( will not use it again.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@OldSurferDude : yes, I think you're right, I filled in the form for all my IDs, the problem is that when they answer back, they don't tell you which one has been reset to free. Thus I've received an email like this, and another one to fill the declaration of personal use, but again no idea to which IDs they apply. Therefore, I consider the procedure to be completely useless, and it's just dust in our eyes...

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Bunch of hypocrites.

So after 2 weeks, I get a mail that my account has been unlocked for free, and when I give it a try, I get another commercial use detected before I can type half my password.

That does it.

I'm uninstalling your **bleep**, and I awfully regret even advising people to use it. From now on I'll be sure to tell people what a bunch of two-faced liars you are.

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hi @pv7721 

You have to fill out a form for each ID... We are not able to reset more than one ID with only one form. 

Thank you and all the best,
Natascha

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@Natascha : Yes, I understood that, what I point out is that when we receive back an answer from TV, we don't know to which ID it pertain...

Posted by AriannaMicrochi
Digon

Re: Bunch of hypocrites.

I get same email some days ago, but I haven't tried it yet

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@AriannaMicrochi : have you filled the form only for the ID of your computer, or for all the IDs you connect to?

Posted by fuxas100
Henagon

Teamviewer dont work after sblock for sospect use commercial.

Hello (i'm sorry for my english). :) I use Teamviewer for personal use. (i connect my pc from pc of my wife for personal use, because she now live  in another Country. Its 2 Device. .

Few weeks ago, Teamviewer was block my account for sospect use commercial.

So, i send email for Teamviewer and explame my real situation. And  2 days ago i have this message in my email from Teamviewer: Dear TeamViewer User, Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”. So, today i open Teamviewer, but i have message that me or my wife use teamviewer for use commercial :/ Today i was send ticket for Teamiwer, i hope that will response more fast. Or Maybe some administrator che read my message. I will send my personal Id. Thank you so much. Have nice Day.

I send another email for Support and i hope they will response more fast for me, or maybe here some administrator can read my situation, i can send my real id, in private message. 

Thanks for support.

Kind Regars.

Posted by fuxas100
Henagon

I have also, this problem with my notebook.

Digon

Yes. A form with my ID. I have only one ID!

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@AriannaMicrochi : but what are you connecting to then?!?

Digon

I added my parents' computers to my account. I don't remember exactly why I did it a long time ago.
Among my teamviewer contacts I see their computers, I click and I connect.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@AriannaMicrochi : then you need to fill it again for the ID of your parents' computer.

Posted by marcgalmes
Digon

Not only the form, I filled out the form and now they are asking me to fill out a weird paper with my name, address, and more, SIGNED, and to send it! This is ridiculous!!! And I will have to sign a paper for EACH of the IDs that I use?

I'm not tolerating such waste of time only because TeamViewer believes that I make commercial use of it. I will just simply delete my account and start again like the first day. That day when I thought TeamViewer was great, I want to give it a last chance, or else I will switch to a different alternative, free or cheap, but that won't be annoying me with commercial use warnings.

Thank you
Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@marcgalmes : as they do it one ID at a time, probably yes, you'll need to sign the form as many time as they ask it. It's so ridiculous they don't see how ridiculous it is...

Posted by pjs344
Henagon

Re: ID set as free but still shows Trial Expired

I am having the same problem. I installed it for personal use and it comes up with expired trial?

Restarting the program and PC does not change it. So how do I get it to work?

Digon

It is no longer important. After receiving the email "Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free" 4 days ago, I tried it for the first time right now and it is still locked for commercial use.
At this point, I move on to **Third Party Product**
They're just wasting my time and having told me that he was back to normal now, I am deceived and the moment I need him to help my father doesn't work.

Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Same here. They sent me the email for reset your ID, but I tried 7 days after still blocked. Totally waste of time. I am using another remote access software as well. :-)

Posted by diannoor
Henagon

Account back to free, just 5 days bussiness

No reply since 6 days, email every day.

My account back to free, why?
Please fix my account asap

Thank you,
Highlighted
Posted by Emina1
Photon

Free version (wrong installacion)

Dear all,

When I install TeamViewer I made a mistake. Instead of free versions, I installed a commercial. 

Now my licence is expired and I can't use TeamViewer. Can you halp me ttansfer the license to the free?

Best regards,

Emina 

1 Reply
Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Re: Free version (wrong installacion)

@Emina1 wrote:

Dear all,

When I install TeamViewer I made a mistake. Instead of free versions, I installed a commercial. 

Now my licence is expired and I can't use TeamViewer. Can you halp me ttansfer the license to the free?

Best regards,

Emina 

Please deinstall the commercial version and re-install the free version. :-)

Posted by Zavis
Henagon

I am not commercial user

Please, release me about the limit
Posted by xujin
Photon

I have frequent encounters with commercial use.

I choose a personal version, but it is always detected for commercial use.

Posted by wht
Henagon

Re: I have frequent encounters with commercial use.

Me too...

Posted by Divine_Orator
Neutron

Re: Suspicion of Commercial use

they (teamviewer) think wrong ALL the time.. for years, can't say decade(s) they haven't been here that long.. just taking over **Third Party Product** when they didn't allow free users. thats the ONLY reason teamviewer is the size it is today, is **Third Party Product** dropped the ball. Same as myspace dropped, everyone went to facebook etc. and one day they'll leave that program (and teamviewer too)

but yes, teamviewer always "thinks" but their thinking is wrong for thousands of users for years.  Their "artificial intelligence" or "snooping bots" are off and just trying to make money, not actually care about the end user or truth of the matter. Welcome to capitalism

Posted by Divine_Orator
Neutron

Re: Suspicion of Commercial use

they (teamviewer) think wrong ALL the time.. for years, can't say decade(s) they haven't been here that long.. just taking over **Third Party Product** when they didn't allow free users. thats the ONLY reason teamviewer is the size it is today, is **Third Party Product** dropped the ball. Same as myspace dropped, everyone went to facebook etc. and one day they'll leave that program (and teamviewer too)

but yes, teamviewer always "thinks" but their thinking is wrong for thousands of users for years.  Their "artificial intelligence" or "snooping bots" are off and just trying to make money, not actually care about the end user or truth of the matter. Welcome to capitalism

Posted by rolcia2
Electron

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

sorry but me is too,i used the software for my pc and after leave my connect because teamviewer support say at me use the software for commercial.  Why?

Posted by Expert2
Henagon

Incorrect designation

I am sick and tired of constantly receiving messages of suspected commercial use.
Nothing can be further from the truth.

I contacted Teamviewer and got a fine example of double-talk

How can I "convince" the system that I am using the programme privately?

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

Re: Incorrect designation

@Expert2 precisely because it's a system you can't convince it and all our complaints fall into TV's deaf ears so unless use an alternative or get one of those hugely expensive licenses you and everyone that make a personal use of TV will continue receiving this shaming labeling.

Posted by kaps2
Photon

Wrongfully tagged as comercial use

Hello, I have a problem. I installed the commercial version by accident. I would like to change it to a non-commercial version, it is a possibility. I can not afford a subscription.
Posted by Danieeel
Henagon

Re: Wrongfully tagged as comercial use

Reinstall Teamviewer and make sure to select personal use.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

Re: Incorrect designation

Meh, just saw a 20% discount offer for the 1st year, which means that nevertheless the cheapest 1 seat licence is almost 270 euros per year (again, for the 1st year only).

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

Commercial use

I had been through this exercise some time ago. I was suspected of commercial use and blocked and filled in the form and waited over a month before I was allowed to use TV again.

Last week I was traveling on vacation. I stayed in a few different hotels. In one of them when I connected to my home to see my security cameras, I got a pop up that said they KNEW I was using it commercially. I was allowed to continue and I haven't been blocked again yet but I'm still concerned that I will be soon.

So what about being in a hotel and checking my home means that I am commercial use?

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

Re: Commercial use

@bazbsg : it's just an educated guess, but from the messages I see on this topic, it seems that Personal use has been restricted to almost nothing, I get flagged for connecting on the same network to another computer... but it also seems that they flag almost everything that goes over the Internet (probably through their servers) And basically once you get flagged, there seems to be no going back (unless you pay big bucks, of course)

Posted by solar-lyx
Henagon

Re: Commercial use

I also have same problem. Is the problem solved ?

Posted by driver111
Henagon

Commercial use alert every few weeks.. its driving me crazy.

I only use teamviewer to connect to my computers when I'm out of town.

This is probably the 8th time in a row this has happened now. I'm not doing anything dodgy i'm literally just remoting in to my home security pc and my study computer. 
Waiting 2 weeks to get the commerical use alert removed to use it again is annoying and within a couple of weeks it comes back. ARGH.
Cant something be done, teamviers commercial detection doesnt work.

Posted by jacottin
Digon

Hi Natascha, 

I'm experiencing the same problem of "expired trial" even if my TeamViewer ID has been reset to free. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the soft, clean the registry, all the tips and tricks I could find online, but still, the situation remains the same on this computer. 

By "restart the TeamViewer service", you mean the service running on the computer I'm trying to access ?

Because I don't know what else I should do on the computer I'm using to access the remote computer ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Maxime Jacottin

Hi @jacottin ,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please double check the ID where the message appears is the same ID that you submitted on the form? It could be the other ID in the connection that is flagged. If this were the case, the other ID would need its own form in order to remove the message.

Please restart both sides and try the connection again. If the issue persists, please submit the form for the second ID. 

Hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,
Yuri

Posted by Photosthanh
Digon

Teamviewer was expired

I'm a student, i try to creat account free but i don't know why it show on display " teamviewer trial and 1 day remaining " please help me check my account. I use teamviewer for control my laptop of studing some time i control laptop of sister for help her because my specialized is IT. 

Thanks

Re: Teamviewer was expired

Hello @Photosthanh,

Thank you for your message.

You will need to fill out the personal verification form.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired'?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.