Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Connection Blocked ?!?

Can someone please help me out ?

I use Teamviewer 14 for personal use only - however I have recently been using the software but keep getting the following message:

Connection blocked after time out.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license.

Last week I sent a message off to the teamviewer team and created a "ticket" and was informed my problem will be looked into -  but as yet I have had no response other than suggestting would I like to buy a license - as I only use Teamviewer for personal useage I was under the impression I could use it free?!? Come on Teamviewer  please sort this out - Oh and one more thing : When I installed the software I set my account up as a personal user - which suggets to me something has changed since it automaticallly updated.

For what it's worth, I do astrophotography as a hobby and use Teamviewer to connect to a computer in my observatory in the garden and do remote imaging from inside my house, I am often connect to teamviewer for a few hours at a time simply because I do long exposure photography so maybe the teamviewer software thinks I am using the software for buisiness use?  when infact I am not - please help.

Thank , Keith.   

Posted by LNDN91
Henagon

Teamviewer you can go **bleep** yourself

I used teamviewer for the first time in months to try and connect to my GF's pc and it blocks me immediatly after a timeout after updating. I HAD REQUESTED TO UNBLOCK ME ALREADY but yet you failed to even reply to my mail. ******...

Posted by L1nkside
Photon

Suddenly asking for a license

Hello, 

im just using Teamviewer to connect to my own PC or a Buddys PC.
Now, after a session to my own PC, Teamviewer told me that my 7-day just started.
Is there a way to get the "free" license back?

Thanks in Advance,
Fabian

Posted by susambest
Electron

TeamViewer suspects that I use it for Commercial, Plz help

I am a free user, i use it for my personal user but popup appears that commercial user.... and Session disconnects. Please look into it and fix it.

Posted by jonairey
Henagon

Re: No professional/commercial use

I'm getting the same too. Please help and reset my account. Thanks

Posted by Dr4co
Photon

Re: TeamViewer suspects that I use it for Commercial, Plz help

I have the same issue.. :(

It looks like they have disconntinued their support through their e-mail: support@teamviewer.com

I previously gotten help through their e-mail, since I have been flagged multiple times, even though I am a free user.

Dear TeamViewer Customer,

We are continuously working to optimize the way we handle your requests. 

Which is why we have discontinued the usage of the support email address: support@teamviewer.com We now have a form on our website, solely dedicated to handling all your requests: www.teamviewer.com/support Please use this form for any future request to TeamViewer.

For readily available tips and ongoing expert discussions on TeamViewer-related issues, please join us on our community https://community.teamviewer.com and be part of the global TeamViewer Community.

Thanks for understanding.

Your TeamViewer Support Team
Posted by g4ugm
Digon

Re: This is redicilous: TV thinks I am using commercially, and offers no way to appeal.

The appeal form is here:-

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

you must include ID from the affected TeamViewer ID "allow remote control panel.

Posted by g4ugm
Digon

Re: Suddenly asking for a license

@L1nkside wrote:

Hello, 

im just using Teamviewer to connect to my own PC or a Buddys PC.
Now, after a session to my own PC, Teamviewer told me that my 7-day just started.
Is there a way to get the "free" license back?

Thanks in Advance,
Fabian

The form is here:-

make sure you include the ID from the affected system. Its the 9-digit number on the allow connections page.

Posted by g4ugm
Digon

Re: No professional/commercial use

@jonairey wrote:

I'm getting the same too. Please help and reset my account. Thanks

form is here.

Posted by g4ugm
Digon

@Dr4co wrote:

I have the same issue.. :(

It looks like they have disconntinued their support through their e-mail: support@teamviewer.com

I previously gotten help through their e-mail, since I have been flagged multiple times, even though I am a free user.

Dear TeamViewer Customer,

We are continuously working to optimize the way we handle your requests. 

Which is why we have discontinued the usage of the support email address: support@teamviewer.com We now have a form on our website, solely dedicated to handling all your requests: www.teamviewer.com/support Please use this form for any future request to TeamViewer.

For readily available tips and ongoing expert discussions on TeamViewer-related issues, please join us on our community https://community.teamviewer.com and be part of the global TeamViewer Community.

Thanks for understanding.

Your TeamViewer Support Team

form is here:- https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Posted by Evanduril
Electron

Same annoying issue.

I am not using TV for work purposes, im connecting to my home computer to do private stuff, yet it keeps blocking my connection.

Posted by bigelow
Henagon

Problem with license

I constantly had a sign that the system was used for commercial purposes and I have 5 minutes. BUT !!!!
1. the system does not even give 5 minutes, knocks out after 1 minute.
Worked only with their home devices.

How can I remove this restriction?

Posted by asf137
Photon

Commercial license mistake

Team viewer stopped working saying that it detected a commercial use!
It was a teamviewer mistake.
I need to access my computer!
Posted by karazis
Electron

Re: Remote connection disconnects after 5 minutes

I have exactly the same issue.

I use TV only to help friends and I get "suspicious commercial usage"

TV support: What should I do?

Posted by karazis
Electron

@Natascha: I have exactly the same issue.

Please have a look at my account.

Capture.JPG

Posted by idiocracy
Digon

They said they sorted it, but they didn't.

So i filled out the form like a month ago, little over one week ago i got an email saying they sorted it. But they didn't, still got the same popups as before. So i wrote back saying it didn't work. Over a week later, no response.

Now i filled out a new form, for the 3'th time. This is getting annoying really fast tbh.

Posted by robiv8
Henagon

Remote connection disconnects after 2 minutes

How i said!
Remote connection disconnects after ± 2 minutes.
I have the free licence, and use this only for my father his laptop to help.

TV says this is a comercial use and stop.

Help

Posted by DeepestBlue
Digon

Re: They said they sorted it, but they didn't.

Just wanted to add my "me too". I've been using Teamviewer to help out family and friends but suddenly this is commercial use. I have submitted a ticket, so I will see what happens.

Posted by Erwin1234
Digon

You are not the only one. It seems teamviewer policies have changed and commercial detection algorithms have become more sensitive. Unlocking may work but only for a while.

The good news is that you can look for other free solutions now. Because I used teamviewer for years (I have a commercial license too) and thought it was perfect I never looked at what new solutions appeared on the remote control market. But actually there are several other good solutions for personal and free remote desktop control available now!

I wont post them here because it would not be fair to teamviewer. Google is your friend.

Highlighted
Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

I've just updated the Android APP, and the one star reviews caught my eye. There are countless of users complaining of the same thing, and there's the catch: TV can't edit your comments mentioning competitors. I guess that this might be the only way to make them react / change their minds / policy, lowering the global note and systematically mentioning competitors.

Posted by Charag
Henagon

Free version access blocked

I recently install TeamViewer in my new mac machine and the free version change to commercial version.

I am connected for my personal use only, how can i reactivate free license.

I am rarely using team viewer to connect.

Snip20190709_7.png

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: NON COMMERCIAL Connection DROPS: "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license..."

Hi Dave I too use TV for connecting to my observatory computer , I use dual monitors for SGP, PHD , Firecapture ect, ect. when I'm imaging so I need a remote viewing software which allows 2 monitors to be viewed simultaneously but as yet I'm struggling to find one that does.

If I do find one I'll post the link here.

Clears skies, Keith Johnson, U.K. 

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

We are going around in circles here folks - Like most people on here - I've been on to Teamviewer for ages with no resolve [removed per Community Guidelines - Sales/Solicitation Policy]

Posted by Dzessi
Electron

False commercial use detection!

Hi,

Teamviewer is telling my that i use it for commercial purposes and is messing with my connections.

Me and my girlfriend live in different countries for the time being due to circumstances but we used to play an MMO together. Since my schedule is a bit more forgiving, i use teamviewer to log into her PC and check the status of the MMO, to verify that it is still running (a game where you sort of need to be afk 24/7 and never log out). I do that basically daily and sometimes couple times a day. While i get it that algorithms might think it's commercial use, i do not agree with it. I have nothing to gain from doing it, it's just for an personal hobby between me and my girlfriend. Nothing commercial about it.

I've tried once to get it removed, the commercial use limitations but it keeps insisting i'm using it commercially. Is there anything i can do?

Thanks,

Eero 

Posted by DisRegister
Electron

Сommercial use detection - you wrong.

I received a notification "commercial use is detected." It's funny when its talk to me about commercial use if I connect from my phone to my computer in another room. Moreover, I don’t use a viewer for commercial purposes at all. Your connection type definition algorithm is incorrect. My login is **Please do not post email addresses** 

Posted by F1nchy
Digon

Re: Сommercial use detection - you wrong.

Moderators - why do you keep censoring people when they recommend an alternative? If Teamviewer is stopping people using their product, surely it's reasonable for people to recommend alternatives that they may try instead?

Posted by Tony3165
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer Always blocked

Capture.PNG

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

Re: Сommercial use detection - you wrong.

@F1nchy : unfortunately, it's their forum and their rules, one of them being TV only. A lot of time and energy is invested though into this post-posting redaction.

Posted by AlxFromU751
Henagon

TeamViewer pushing to buy a license

For several weeks now TeamViewer has been claiming that I use my computers for commercial purposes and I need to buy a license.
I‘ve tried several times to contact support, to create tickets, but it doesn’t respond or Worst thing that I’ve got no emails that the ticket was really created and this requests really gonna be processed.
It looks like TV trying to push me for buying a license(even if it says that it’s not, when you trying to get a support).
Did anyone hustle with this? And how was the situation?
What should I do?
Posted by jvfx14
Photon

Re: TeamViewer pushing to buy a license

We are having the same problem but it has only been in the last few days, and now it is getting really bad.  I've asked for support but not joy so far.

Posted by Gerard2
Henagon

I've also the same problem. Using TV private on my home pc's and TV say's it's commercial.

Posted by DeepestBlue
Digon

I have not received anything from their support people yet. Before I jump ship and move to an alternative product, has anyone had any response from them at all?

Posted by x8009
Digon

TV doesn't want to reset my ID so I needed to move to another program... it's better than TV so I don't care about TV anymore.  so they can keep their aggressive behavior for personal users who they think they used commercially or they just want them to buy an account for no reason just because.

Just forget TV and move on.   Crying won't help

U have another program better.   **Third Party Product**        you can see what I mean so TV won't block it

Posted by cheatcode1994
Photon

Commercial use suspected.

Ive been flagged for commercial use. Ive filled out the form trying to reset my account but this has been over a month ago now with no responce. Ive checked my junk folder in my email as well. Can anyone help me out?

Posted by Nitesh32
Electron

Blocked without reason

Hello there, when i connect my mobile phone with teamviewer and my pc, it says blocked because commercial use...but i only connect with my smartphone???? Can this be fixed ASAP? I need it really hard??
Posted by meshal
Henagon

Using a commercial doubt

Dear I have a problem using the program I use the program for personal purposes not commercial

Posted by x8009
Digon

Re: Using a commercial doubt

Guys there is no quit from this, you all will be blocked one way or another.

Use   ***third party product***

just put the word together.     

Teamviewer has become the worst remote control company in the universe now.

[please remember our User Guidelines

Posted by Airalan
Henagon

I have been trying to solve this problem for at least two months, and have filled the form in twice, last time at least three weeks ago. I am still getting the same “commercial use suspected“ message 

Posted by invizus
Photon

Reset my teamviewer license

Dear support

Thank you redirecting me to forum, I guess you prefer this format.

Please reset my TeamViewer license. I only connect to my eldery parents comptuer once a week to help them to use internet. They live in another country so I cannot help them in person. 

Non commercial use supposed to be free? However when I run teamviewer it displays message "Commercial use detected". I need to help my parents with the computer ASAP please help.

Thank you.

@administrator

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Licence gratuite !

I am an individual, I connect to my laptop with TeamViewer and I have the following message:
UNE UTILISATION COMMERCIALE A ETE DETECTEE
Session interrompue dans 5 minutes !!!!
It's free but your message of threat starts to exasperate me!

Posted by jameswdp
Electron

IOS teamviewer suspect commercial use

Recently I upgraded the TeamViewer on my iPhone into version 14++. 

When I connected to my computer, it shows "this app seems to be used in commercial environment. Your session will end within 5 minutes"

I have been using it on my phone for years, but never encounter this kind of message before.

Posted by geertboucquez
Henagon

teamviewer

Hy, i'm a private user and since a few weeks I reveive the message I'm working in a commercial environment as a result my sessions ends after 5 minutes and are blocked for more minutes.

What can I do to renew my private licence?

regards

Posted by royaal
Photon

product says im using it as company.

i just use it private to myself and help familty with computer.  now its closing every 2 min. can this be fixed ?

Posted by fz750
Digon

Commercial Use

Hi, For some reason I've been flagged as a commercial user but I've never once used it for commercial use! Just for myself, and supporting my kids and mum.

I have sent 2 request to unblock this, but nothing has happened..

I use(d)  teamviewer daily and it's becoming a major inconvenience, never mind the annoyance of being ignored (2 weeks back now, at least).

Is there anything else I can do about this? Are there any decent alternatives?

Thanks

Posted by idiocracy
Digon

Still not sorted after filling out form 3 times.

Sent the 3'th form on 8'th july, now it's the 17'th and issue not fixed. Am i supposed to fill out the 4'th form?

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

Re: Still not sorted after filling out form 3 times.

@idiocracy : waiting time is counted in terms of months, not weeks. Plus it's summer, they must be less at work and more on holidays. All you can do is wait.

Posted by Airalan
Henagon

I’m giving up on team viewer there are so many people having this problem it is clearly policy by the company to make it difficult. Pity as my son has been using it to sort out my computer problems for years
Posted by idiocracy
Digon

They are the once writing "We are aiming to solve all requests within seven days.", i am suppose to assume they can't keep their promises?
All they have to do is change that number if seven is unrealistic.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@idiocracy : no they definitely cannot. or won't. we don't know this for sure, but pretty much everything leaves to think so.

Posted by Grant837
Trigon

Re: Teamviewer was expired

Hi Teamviewer support,

I am replying to a link to the forms you all give as a solution for this.  This solution is the one offered for over 2 years via this thread.  300k views later, and 3k replys, no one has found the Teamviewer 'Solved' indication true. 

Do you have no pride, or some value of selfworth, as individuals, or as a company, to let this continue?

I highly urge you to escalate this to your topmanagment. As a marketing manager, this is really the worse case I have seen in years, and you are killing your business. 

The only current answer is you do not want to support individuals, or future users, or influencers, and feel another part of your business model is more important.  This is OK, but then tell all the few thousand people who have submitted to this thread that, so they can spend their time somewhere else.

Thanks