Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• JamesR14
    JamesR14 Posts: 5 ✭✭

I am getting EXTREMEMLY frustrated here. I've been using TV for a long time but now suddenly my "license limits the maximum session duration" on my computer and if I try to connect on my phone it says "Commercial use. Connection blocked".
    I have the personal account BECAUSE I use it for personal reasons. Check on things while I'm out of the house, and yes, while I'm at work. That doesn't mean I'm using it for commercial reasons, I'm a bloody retail sales employee, what would I need a commercial TeamViewer account for??

But, of course, I can't submit a ticket to support in order to speak with someone, because the "Submit a Ticket" link just redirects BACK HERE! 
    So my options are start paying [The price has been removed in accordance with the community guidelines.] to occasionally check on my 3D printer and security cameras from work....or what...? Use a different program that won't bully and force me into a year long subscription???

If there is a fix for either of these issues, I would really like to know. It's insane that I can't submit a tech support ticket.

• Sethg103
    Sethg103 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I got on teamviewer really quick to remote into my home computer to make sure some games would be updated by the time I got home and it flagged me as commercial use.

• Cutsman
    Cutsman Posts: 13 ✭✭

Same problem here. I submitted a commercial use detected form three days ago and another the following day. Still no reply or notification of receiving the form. The support page to open a ticket on TeamViewer directs you to the community. There are currently zero ways to open your own support ticket. What is going on?

• Cutsman

And I just attempted to contact their support phone line. First option is for free version of their application. It proceeds to a recording about how their live support is reserved only for their paying customers and hangs up. Incredible.

• Sethg103
    Sethg103 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I called the number about inquiring a license and explained the situation. It sounds like if you're on any wifi that would be deemed a work enviroment from their algortithm you will be flagged. He said fill out the form at teamviewer.com/unblock and they can take up to 30 days to get back to you. @Cutsman 

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

"He said fill out the form at teamviewer.com/unblock and they can take up to 30 days to get back to you."

Or just save the grief, move onto another app because this won't be the last time you're have to waste time with this **bleep** run around, assuming it even works, trust me!

• Cutsman

@Sethg103 Thanks for calling, I figured they might be more inclined to listen if they thought you had money to give them. I still can't believe their support line for the free version just hangs up on you.

Anyway, as one of my previous posts mentioned, I submitted that unblock form twice already.

This wasn't the first time this has happened either. It happened once before just a little over a year ago and they were relatively quick to respond and correct the matter.

But now I'm wondering what's going on that it's manged to affect a large number of people at once, judging by the number of replies to this thread this week. I can only imagine how many are affected that haven't come to the board to voice their trouble. I assume support must be swamped too.

• JamesR14
    JamesR14 Posts: 5 ✭✭

This is still an issue...they haven't fixed anything.

• I'm so tired of Teamviewer and this nonsense I have to go through just to use a remote desktop that can copy/paste images. I think I'll just go back to **Third Party Product** that worked extremely well and deal with the limitation.

Every other month there's another issue that they take their sweet time to resolve. I'm sure as **bleep** not paying [removed per Community Guidelines - Do not discuss price] for this. Get real and release a lower cost plan. Your pricing is ridiculous.

• Hello, I use team viewer for personal use, but I was blocked by "use as a business account", how can I solve this problem ?!

• I went here https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

read the article and submitted the form to request unblocking of TeamViewer ID.  I submitted a form for each of the computers listed in my console as well.

I also clicked the Feedback button in the menu of my TeamViewer window and submitted my situation there.

Moderator then contacted me.  Because we have a free license there is no phone support.

• Max011
    Max011 Posts: 3

Me too, for the last few days... And I just connect to one comp. on the same LAN...

It's either a glich in their system, or they are going to get reed of us, "free" users... Back to **Third Party Product** I'd guess...

• Max011
    Max011 Posts: 3

Why bother... We are just a "free" users... Waste of Support time and company resources....

• ssybesma
    ssybesma Posts: 18 ✭✭
    ALL OF MY MACHINES ARE PERSONAL USE. I'M UNEMPLOYED. I GET NOTICES ABOUT COMMERCIAL USE ON ONE PARTICULAR MACHINE AND ALSO NOTICES ABOUT A TIMEOUT BECAUSE I RECONNECT TOO SOON ON ANOTHER. IT'S BOGUS. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHATEVER I NEED WITH MY PERSONAL MACHINES WITHOUT BEING CONSTANTLY HARASSED. THE RESET FORM THAT I'VE FILLED OUT AT LEAST TWICE DOES NOT WORK. UNLESS THEY TAKE OVER A WEEK TO DO IT.
  • ssybesma
    I agree! The pricing is an arm and a leg ridiculous. Many hundreds of dollars. There should be a price for personal use that is a tiny fraction of that which includes actual support.
  • ssybesma

I'M GETTING THIS ALSO!!! WHY IS THIS SUDDENLY HAPPENING!!! IF YOU WON'T FIX THE ISSUES I WILL FIND SOMETHING ELSE FRIENDLIER TO USE THAT IS FREE AND HAS ZERO ENCUMBRANCES LIKE **THIRD PARTY PRODUCT**. **THIRD PARTY PRODUCT** DOESN'T HAVE THE SILLY FAKE COMMERCIAL USE AND TIME LIMIT NOTICES. I'M NOT USING TEAMVIEWER IN A COMMERCIAL ENVIRONMENT WHATSOEVER AND YOU'RE CONSTANTLY HARASSING ME AND I'M SICK OF IT ALREADY!!! NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME HOW SOON I CAN RECONNECT TO A MACHINE. THAT'S THE LAST STRAW.

• twystidceed
    twystidceed Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have been using this for years.. I have 5 pcs on my own lan and one that my friend will occasionally access for shared non for profit tinkering we do together  - 

Other than that there is no commercial use. Why am i being blocked from accessing pcs that even share my own LAN and subnet ????

FIX THIS 

• ssybesma
    edited March 2021
    [third party product] seems to be completely free and doesn't care how you use it. It covers Windows, Mac and Linux. I'm going to try it and see if I can get off TV since they started cracking down on how long you can connect for and how long you have to wait to reconnect on your personal machines!!! RIDICULOUS!!! Unlike TeamViewer there are TWO PARTS you have to install on every machine. The server app (just called [third party product]) that makes the machine accessible and the [third party product] you use to access the machine. As long as the machine's on your personal network you won't have any issue accessing any of them. You may need VPN to use it on a remote machine unless it comes with VPN.
  • ssybesma
    edited March 2021
    The TV Forum Moderators removed a post for promoting another product which doesn't have all of the recent restrictions that TV now has like limiting how often you can reconnect and limiting your sessions, while also hammering you with fake commercial use notices. TV used to be better than those products, but not anymore. I'm trying a third party product instead because of what TeamViewer has done to make too restricted. [third party product]
  • sornord
    sornord Posts: 16

If, as reported in other posts, connecting via what their algorithm says is a commercial WiFi, I guess I'm guilty.  Two or three weeks ago I used a tablet to connect to my home PC from a medical clinic's waiting room while waiting for my SO to get out from an outpatient surgical procedure.  (Insert eyeroll here.)  Funny, though, I didn't get the commercial use pop-ups until this past Sunday.

• ssybesma
    TeamViewer has recently added restrictions that make it unbearable to use for personal use such as limiting sessions, making you wait minutes to reconnect, among the constant fake commercial use notices I get on one particular machine and I not only do not have a domain, but I'm unemployed. There are THIRD PARTY solutions you can look up based on an unrestricted license which won't harass you like that. The TV Nazis keep removing the post when I mention the name so I wont.
  • Same issue except i only connect to ONE other computer thats in the basment of my house, usually connected on same network

• ssybesma
    Why is TV blocking anyone? I guess they want a bad reputation. There are other virtual network computing apps like the one I just mentioned (with the first letter of each word). The Tiger variant appears best.
  • Bsinit
    Bsinit Posts: 1

I've had it happen too and I promise I haven't been paid. Especially when I am coming from my own network to my network. I'm not sure what has changed as I've used it for years. [removed per Community Guidelines]

• 1banger
    1banger Posts: 1

This just started happening to me. Only my computers being used.

• weskii
    weskii Posts: 1

same here.....just started happening after 5 years

• I'm comenting just to say the same that everyone did. But it's true! I swear I have never been paid by the use of the software and never used for any commercial purpose. I have something like 7 or 8 people that I do suport, but it's all friends and/or family. Now I can no longer do it. : (