Posted by KQRR4449
Digon

Free use request granted over a week ago but still getting commercial use messages

I sent in my non-commercial use request form and received an email saying the request was granted and all my PCs would be reset so they would not display the message again. I have waited over a week and I am still getting the commercial use message on my PCs. I sent the name of my group, my email address, and a list of the PCs TeamViewer IDs when I sent in my signed request form. My group name is 'KQRR4449'

What else do I need to do to get rid of this message? I really do want to use TeamViewer again if possible.

Sincerely,

Kenneth West

Posted by duderonomy
Trigon

Re: only private use

Fingers crossed. If only the people who bleep and remove pricing and links to 3rd party products were as dedicated to fixing this issue.

True dat.

It's interesting how the company is diligent to not allow their User community to talk about alternatives. Are they afraid to compete? 

Seems to me they have opened pandora's box. [removed per Community Guidelines]

Posted by duderonomy
Trigon

Oh my. After reading this:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/credentials/free-for-personal-use/

I think the ethics of this company are junk and worthless.

The company has a severe problem with honesty and customer empathy. 

Posted by jamiem
Electron

Re: Free version of TeamViewer Issues

I got the same Garbage about using teamviewer commercially and I never have I just play a  game with it on 2 of my computers not in the same room. The Joke's Over. It is just an excuse for them to get rid of free users even if they are legit. I started using **Third Party Product** and I must admit works just as good without being cut off all the time and This has been a FREE session popping up I do not miss. Thanks TEAMVIEWER but I am moving on just like you wanted anyway :)

Posted by jde
Digon

TeamViewer logged me out spontaneously

I just tried to use TeamViewer to help a friend with a simple task. When I tried to log on to his computer, TeamViewer told me it had detected use in a commercial environment (which was not the case), and that my session would be restricted to five minutes. I only needed to get on for a minute or two, to clear cache and cookies from Chrome, so I logged on, and within about 20 seconds, TeamViewer logged me out. I tried to reconnect, but it told me I was locked out for 15 minutes.

I've never had this happen before. I was using one of the Version 14 iterations (I don't know which one, as I immediately checked for updates, and updated to version 14.5.1691), and I haven't tried it since.

Is this a known bug?

Posted by Komarek
Electron

Non-commercial version

Hi! What I have to do if I use non-commercial version to priv activity, but I need Teamviewer so often, that administrator thinks, that it is commercial activity. So what could I do now? :(

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

@duderonomy So it seems. It used to be they censored mentions of specific alternatives. Now I seen twice that they censor just the mention that alternatives exist.

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

@jamiem The main advantage of Teamviewer over several other alternatives is the ability to find and connect to PCs at remote locations, even behind firewalls. That's because all the PCs running TV are logged into their server somewhere and the server can make the connection between remote PCs. I'm not sure if all the traffic goes through the server or if they have a way to make the connection then hand off to P2P.

If your PCs are all within the same LAN I would never use TV for that. In that case you don't need the feature that can find the other PCs because they are already on your LAN. Well, not to say never, I do have all my personal PCs on my LAN registered to my TV account. This way I can access them when I travel (on vacation, not for work; I'm retired) or if something goes wrong with the other method(s).

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@bazbsg : yes, and that's probably because each device connects to their servers, so as it's an initial connection from inside to outside it's allowed, and subsequent outside from inside as well.

But that of course has a cost in terms of bandwith and resources.

Posted by zzzhhh
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Is a student of a public university using TeamViewer to connect to his lab computer considered commercial?

Posted by duderonomy
Trigon

Re: Private use - Student

Mattias,

Your usage satisfies the company's stated claim that free use is allowed. However some internal shift is occuring within TeamViewer corporation which indicates free usage may be more restricted. 

I used google to find alternatives to teamviewer with non-commercial free usage RTU.

Cheers!

Posted by duderonomy
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer ID reset to free--STILL not working!

It is impressive how a company can spend more resources alienating paying customers and loyal free users, manually processing huge numbers of "can you unlock my computer" requests, refunding real money from recent buyers who are being affected by these poorly implemented "cheater" algorithms; instead of focusing on writing better software. 

I'd like to know more about the leadership of this company. Are the names of the leadership posted in public?

Honestly I would be ashamed to show my name if I was Director or VP. 

Posted by duderonomy
Trigon

Re: end sassion in 1 min

@Tomer2 wrote:

hi

i'm using TeamViewer more then  5 years

never had a problem

in the last couple  month the session end's after 1 min

I'm a privet person and I'm using TeamViewer for waching my kids when thry are using the internet.

there is any way to make alonger session?

Tomer 

I am also being cut off after 1 min. 

I will be removing TeamViewer from my life.

Teamviewer disrespect their customers in 2019, like no company has done before. This is special event. 

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

@duderonomy Yes, you can go to their website and see who the top management people are.

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

Re: end sassion in 1 min

@duderonomy this is certainly not the first company to do this. **Third Party Product** used to be the program for free users. Then they decided to get rid of free users, so everyone switched to Teamviewer. At least **Third Party Product** was honest about it when the kicked out free users. They announced to the world and gave a date when their program would no longer work without a paid license. Teamviewer is taking a different approach to getting rid of their free users.

Posted by attorney
Digon

I was told connecting to/from a church, work, and university network was 'commercial'. So if you do it will likely get flagged. And people are saying yeah but the TOS says something different, and in theory I should be able to connect from work to help my mom at her home, but that seems to be only in principle.

Posted by duderonomy
Trigon

Thank you. 

I wonder which knuckle-head thought this was a good idea.

I jsut scrubbed my mac and windows of anything related to teamviewer today.

Seems like a brand destroying move with individuals. 

I'd hope the enterprise customer is not being adversely affected by the schaat code that was introduced recently. 

I was shocked what I read on truust pilot about the company's practices. 

Posted by 7leagueboot
Trigon

@duderonomy wrote:

I was shocked what I read on truust pilot about the company's practices. 

Wow! More than 80% of the reviews are negative with only 1 star. Way to go TeamViewer!!!
You must be trying to compete with Monsanto for the most hated company on the planet. :)

Posted by TheBrent
Henagon

Re: This is redicilous: TV thinks I am using commercially, and offers no way to appeal.

I am having the same issue.  I admit I have over a dozen computers in my home for my family and I remote into my parents' computers too, but it's 100% personal use yet I was/am accused of commercial use.  How do I fix this??

Posted by KenHorse
Digon

Re: This is redicilous: TV thinks I am using commercially, and offers no way to appeal.

Only one solution that I see.

Uninstall TV and use a different program

Posted by Technut
Trigon

I'm a retired IT tech who still has a lot of influence in my field. I used to think TeamViewer was the perfect solution for supporting my family and accessing my personal computers when I'm away from home. So I spoke highly of it and encouraged others to try it out for their free personal use and to consider a license for their business.

But since TeamViewer have pulled this stunt of repeatedly accusing and falsely flagging personal users as commercial users, effectively banning them from using their product... well I'm just glad there are alternatives available. Needless to say I don't recommend TeamViewer to ANYONE anymore.

And I'll never trust anything TeamViewer says again. Their website is still full of statements about how they encourage and support personal use for free.

ALL LIES.

It's making me distrustful of other companies that also claim "free for personal use". It's corporations like TeamViewer that give consumers good reason to doubt anything that a company claims.

My only regret is that having personal users quit using TeamViewer is probably EXACTLY what they hoped to accomplish with all these false accusations... so in a way they are getting what they wanted. @TeamViewer managment team - you **bleep**.

Kse Dyna --
Highlighted
Posted by Kranwe
Henagon

A workaround is to open the file transfer window and transfer a large file at a low speed while you do your supoort. Cancel the file once you are done. Team viewer will bot cancel your session while a file is mid transfer. I actuqlly do this with paying clients now.
4 Replies
Posted by musicreporter
Trigon

how do you control speed or  do a slow speed in a transfer?

I don't see any option for speed in the file transfer menu

Posted by Kranwe
Henagon

I just meant like a ridiculously large file on a slow usb stick or ant other way you can slow down transfers
Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

@musicreporter : there is no such thing, it can be slow even in local networks.

Posted by duderonomy
Trigon

[removed per Community Guidelines] I removed the good but personally offensive and, now, unusable TeamViewer software from my client and server computer.

All I truly needed was 5 minute login to see if my very old Mother had fallen or was OK. She was very sick last year with C diff.

Today, I cannot even achieve the promised 5 minutes of free use. Teamview will abruptly disconnect in less 1. And it displays that offensive message accusing me of cheating.

After I upgraded to a more recent version, it prevented me from any login. So, even after upgrade it is impossible to use the software, now.

What if my Mother was injured during this disruptive behavior by TeamViewer? This could actually lead to a tragedy. Does TemaViewer want in addition to the expense of registering Free Users manually, but also do they want to pay attorneys to defend against a lawsuit brought about by somebody with deep pockets who suffers a tragedy as a result of this? I sincerely hope that no free users suffer a life threatening emergency during these corporate shenanigans. This is dangerous.

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

@Kranwe I'm not sure this will work. I never tried it while being flagged as commercial. But Teamviewer has another limitation for free users in that it cuts you off without warning after about three hours. I've tried to do file transfers of large files or groups of files, sometimes from slow connections like a hotel room in a third world country. When the three hour limit kicks in, it doesn't matter that there is a file transfer in progress. Teamviewer cuts me off.

I got around this by zipping the large file(s) and splitting the result into volumes of a smaller size. Then when I get cut off, I just reconnect and resume after the last volume file that was transferred successfully. But that is a topic for another thread.

Posted by Newhouse75
Electron

Why Have you taken away my privileges?

I have been using TeamViewer for years. I have never used it for commercial uses. I take care of my family and best friend. My father is 80 years old and computer illiterate. Please give me back my privileges. I cannot afford to pay for this product. I am disabled and get a disability check. If you can help me my user **please do not post private IDs** Thank You, Joseph Casanova

Posted by vice86
Trigon

Same here. Filled out the form 8 days ago and heard nothing from them. I'm just using **Third Party Product** now.
Posted by justme247
Henagon

Remote Access

Good afternoon,

I am getting an error message that I am using the account as commercial rather than personal. This is not the case. I need to access to assist my elderly mom with computer issues as well as others. I can not access my own computer at home from the portable link saved to my flash drive. I know that TeamViewer advertises a "free" use for personal and I have not had issues until now. Please assist or explain how to troubleshoot and correct this error. 

MJ

Posted by digitaldizza
Neutron

Re: Requesting official Teamviewer response to "commercial use detected"

I too started noticing that the "detection" rate occuring pretty much daily for me now. I use my work computer to connect to my PC at home, my wife's computer and my grandfathers. All for personal use, not charging or making money on any of the work I am doing. It is getting rediculous. 

Posted by FrustratedMom
Photon

Same here...I am a single mom caring for an adult daughter with special needs and I sit right across from her bedroom. I use TV to access my desktop in the basement so I don't have to keep running up and down the stairs when she needs me, which could be every 30 mins to not at all for any given evening/night. Ugh!  Just 'little ole me' using it so I can stay close to my daughter's bedroom.  Mercy! 

Posted by CypherColt
Henagon

Same here, I'm literally using TeamViewer to reboot my PC, tweak Windows settings, change the volume, restart home automation services.

Suddenly while on my Chromebook in bed, I got the commercial use triggered. Ridiculous.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

Posted by vice86
Trigon

Wow, this has been going on for years and I'm not seeing a lot of happy endings. Is Team Viewer just getting greedy now? I sure as **Bleep** ain't paying **Please do not discuss pricing** to use this when they offer a free for private use option...which I'm doing. I've already tried other options but they all seem to have at least one issue I can't figure out so I want TV to fix my account already.l

Posted by Apoch
Henagon

100% FREE for personal users!

What a joke... I have used TV for personal use connecting to my desktop at home only. After numerous calls logged without a response, I have decided to throw in the towel. [removed per Community Guidelines] I am sure my post will be removed very soon.

Posted by Endrju
Henagon

Session timeout

Ive started using Teamviewer this morning. I registered my account and installed app on my PC and smartphone. Its private noncommercial use so it should be free.
Unfortunately the session times out after few minutes. The timeout time is set to Disabled in the settings, so I have no idea whats the reason.
Maybe because I wasnt logged in while using it? (My device and browser verification is still pending)?

Was that the case or might there be some other problem?
Posted by hataalsid
Henagon

I also got this notice that it is suspected commercial use about 3 weeks ago. I have sent in the form 2 weeks ago that it is a personal use and no response. I am also about to throw in the towel to an alternative software. Team Viewer was great when it worked. 

Team Viewer don't let your free users run away, these are the same users who made teamviewer known to the commercial users. 

Posted by Prescott94
Henagon

Re: Commercial use accusations and reset?

I am having the same problem after using Teamviewer since back in Version 7.

Now I am continually getting this message on all 3 HP computers, my Cell Phone (Android), and my MAC Mini computer, using indivivual sign-in names/or using a single name; and using my wife's name to sign-in our accounts.

I am not Commercial... Somebody pay attention, how many times to I have to say it ?

I am a 73 year old disabled, Veteran using to play games on my home computer and allowing my wife (caretaker) to keep in contact with me because of siezures and syncopes episodes.

Posted by Mrfixit1
Henagon

Same here! It keeps telling me that its being used commercially which it is not and has never been. I filled out the form 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing! They do not care about their users or even their commercial users, at my work we purchased a very large volume of commecial license and then 3 months later they upgraded to a new version and then told us we would have to re-purchase everything to get the new version. Tech support is non existant and they obviossly do not read these fourms or do not care as there is 77 pages of the very same complaint!!

Posted by SupraGuy
Digon

Re: Immediate time out and lockout

Definitely time to look at something else.

I had my license reset. It takes 3-5 days to get it reset after filling out the form, and it stays unlocked for maybe 2 days, then it's back. I have 4 machines that I've been doing this dance with. I've come tot he point where I have a text file with the "explanation of usage" stored in it, so that I can copy/paste it into the form.

Obviously something that I do for machines on my home network fits under what TV thinks is a commercial usage pattern, so I either have to stop using TV the way that I'm usingit, or else I need to find something else.

TV does provide some nice features which I find very useful, like the ability to connect to machines that do not have a login password (Like the machine that's connected to my television, and only has an air mouse connected) which I cannot do with RDP. I also liked the Android app which allowed me a pseudo keyboard for the few times that I need one without having to turn on the on-screen keyboard, but neother of these is insurmountable with less troublesome software. I may need to increase the number of steps to connect with other free software, but given the issues that TV has dropped on me, I'm now convinced that the extra trouble is worthwhile. TV used to be the best application to do what I want to do personally. I have other software for commercial use right now, and was considering switching to have just the one client, but that no longer seems relevant, plus if I do start using the client on my laptop to connect to the commercial licensed endpoint, it would simply muddy the water for my personal use, and I probably would no longer be eligible to have my licenses reset, so I'll keep it simple, and simply stop using this.

I know that this is not the place to have this issue resolved, but if TV starts to wonder why I stopped submitting reset requests, this is it.

Bye!

Posted by m1k3
Neutron

Re: Commercial use accusations and reset?

Yeah this is the second time I'm having this problem and it's at the worst possible time when my parents need help. I'm going to look into an open source solution.

Just fill out this form: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

I never got an email response the first time last year.

Posted by TP11
Electron

Trial Version Expired....Accidentally installed Commercial Use. How can I switch to personal use?

I recently installed TeamViewer for personal use and not really paying much attention when I was installing selected Commercial Use.  I am new to TeamViewer and not using for commercial use at all, only to connect to my personal comptuers between vacation home and home.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it is still giving me the same trial version expired and won't let me connect.  How can I get this fixed?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. [removed by moderator - please do not spam support reps/employees/other community users with unnecessary @'s]

Posted by szabijr
Henagon

Problem

I have tv in computer and in my phones, but when i log in from phone than i have few min and lost the connection because the program write i want use for bussines , but i want only control my computer from my phone, what can i make ? Please help me. Sorry for the bad english i hope anyone understand and can help me.

Thanks !
Posted by basket_case
Electron

"Commercial use Suspected" form doesn't work.

Hello, getting the dreaded message of suspected commerical usage (I'm using teamviewer to help my elderly parents) .

The form at the link below doesn't work. After filling out all the data correctly, it asks to enter re-captcha on the page and there is no re-captcha displayed on any of my browsers on desktop. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and IE.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Please help.

Posted by sornord
Trigon

Re: "Commercial use Suspected" form doesn't work.

Don't think it will make much difference.  I filled it out two weeks ago and nothing.  Was a week before that before they even told me to fill out the form.  I had to move on to other apps because, although everything is and always was in-home/personal use, I couldn't wait around any longer to get things done.

Posted by vice86
Trigon

Re: "Commercial use Suspected" form doesn't work.

I've given up on Teamviewers "investigation" into this matter. Police solve m-u-r-d-u-r investigations quicker than this lol. Day 10 and no fix for me. I'm just a**Third Party Product** kind user now. Works just as well and they have a free for personal use version too.. 

EDIT: LOL...they edited out the type of police investigation I mentioned and the properly working competitors product I now use. TV just continues to show they're a real piece of work lately lol. Good riddance. 

Posted by Vijay1205
Photon

Personal not business

I is it for personal use but it keeps saying I am using for commercial use is there something that can be done to change it back. It is for my own use
Posted by jaymesdriver
Henagon

Why does my account keep getting flagged for commercial use?

I am NOT using teamviewer for commercial use, WHY does my account keep getting flagged?  I have to write an email every couple of months to tell you guys to unblock my account again.  I follow the rules, there are no server operating systems in my list.  I use this for personal reasons.  If I could get RDP to work on the outside of my network, I would stop using this "free" tool that constantly nags and misunderstands connections, and kicks me off every 2 minutes!  I CAN'T GET ANYTHING DONE, including fixing RDP.

Posted by UneRaid
Electron

Commercial Use Detected

Hello Dear Administration.
I ask you to unlock my two IDs as I try to connect to myself.
Previously, I did not use these two IDs for commercial purposes - please, unlock access.

I am trying to connect to my computer TeamViwer ID:
I can’t indicate the ID here, just (if you are an administrator) look at who connected to me - it was my mobile device.
Earlier - I also did not use TeamViewer for commercial purposes.

From your mobile device TeamViwer ID:

When I connect from a mobile device - it says that "commercial use has been detected" Although - I have not used TeamViwer so, please help me. Thank you.

Posted by vice86
Trigon

Re: Has ANYONE had their commercial use block removed....

@Closed account wrote:

Has ANYONE had their commercial use block removed?

If so, how long did it take?

Can you give the rest of us any hints on getting a quicker response?

JWK in RVA

I just got an email today from TV that they set my account back to free...took 10 days. I haven't tried it out yet to see if its back to normal...i'm afraid its gonna flag me again in a day or so...we'll see.