Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Wrong Password Issue

Hi,

I've got a problem when trying to connect a distant computer. I connected 3 times last two days, but today I've got a "wrong password" message, and can't connect to my distant device.

The problem is that I can't physically acces to my distant device, and I need to connect to this device for file transfer. Is there any possibility to have this access with new password or whatever ?

Thanks, and take care

Nicolascc

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Wrong Password Issue

Hello @Sguibrewl,

Thank you for your message. 🙌

Fortunately, it is not possible to bypass the passwords. It would be a huge security vulnerabilitiy.

You need to make sure that you set up a password for unattended access on the other side of the connection.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: All about passwords 

I hope this could help. 🍀

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Best,

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: Wrong Password Issue

@JeanK wrote:

Hello @Sguibrewl,

Thank you for your message. 🙌

Fortunately, it is not possible to bypass the passwords. It would be a huge security vulnerabilitiy.

You need to make sure that you set up a password for unattended access on the other side of the connection.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: All about passwords 

I hope this could help. 🍀

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Best,

Jean

Bonjour, Jean. 

I have the same problem, however, it really is a failure of not showing the screen I was looking at last night on the following morning.  Why does TV "log out" but claim that it is still "connected." and askes me do I want to make another connection?  Why, given that I can't get to the computer myself to see what its new password is, is a new password generated daily?  How can I stop that?  The point of buying this SW is to remotely access something I can't go to.