Update distant installation without internet (80/443)

Jean-Christophe
Jean-Christophe Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

Would it be possible to update clients with old versions (resident from TV 5 to 14) since they have no right to access internet, only port 5938 is allowed through the main firewall.

Stating we have more than 50 TV to update, on pcs that are spread over the country, going to each place is not possible. I already know that we will have to physically intervene on TV 5-8.

JC

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Jean-Christophe

Thank you for your message.

You can remotely update the computers to a newer version. However, the remote computer have to have access to internet and have the port 443 open.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: 

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• This is exactly why i'm contacting you here, those solutions can't be applied here.

As I said, I'm searching for a solution not using 80 or 443 ports.

For example, can I run the newest installer (which intaller ?) while beeing remotely connected to update and retain configured id and pwd even if it disconnects me an instant ?

JC
  • LukeO
    LukeO Posts: 1

Is there any solution for this yet?

It should be possible to upload the installer and run the remote update without an internet connection available (our machines never have a direct internet connection).

Regards,

Luke