Posted by ashwathn
Photon

Version out-of-date: Update the remote Teamviewer

Getting a warning when connecting to a remote TeamViewer.

The remote TeamViewer is running an old version which is out of date since 2019.02.04. Your connection partner can update TeamViewer by clicking on "Help" - "Check for new version"

This refused me to connect to the remote machine. With Error : Unknown

89 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Version out-of-date: Update the remote Teamviewer

Hi @ashwathn 

Thank you for your message. 

Can you please update the TeamViewer to the latest version on both sides?

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

All the best,
Natascha

Posted by mspl
Henagon

I am having the same problem

I have a legal version and the remote server is also using the same version

I still get the same message

Posted by allitsolutions
Photon

I am experiencing the same problem

client is the latest v14 teamviewer and the remote computer/server is teamviewer v12.0.95388

Hello @allitsolutions,
Hello @mspl,
Hello @ashwathn,

Thank you for your messages.

Our goal is to provide you with the best service. Therefore, depending on your localization, we will ask you to update your TeamViewer client.

You will find all the information you need in our official announcement here: Updating to the latest and greatest version of TeamViewer

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by samiam
Electron

@JeanK 

Will this also be happening with Version 13 by Jun 2019 as per link? Or only Version 12 and older? I understand eventually it'll need to be updated but wanted to double check.

Thank You.

P.S. the linked site says June 18th, 2019 . Why were the users above cut off earlier? seems like if your going to publish a date then that would be the date it would happen vs randomly.
Posted by MacTen
Digon

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with some machines running a linux distribution. On this machines teamviewer v12.0.76279 is installed. Since a couple of days I'm unable to connect to this machines, same error message as described in first post. If on the same local network and using the IP adresses, I still can connect to linux machines running teamviewer version mentioned above. Tried this with teamviewer v12 / v13 / v14 for windows , all working well. But trying to establish connection to same machines over internet is dropping the error. Meaning this is blocked by server side of teamviewer. My problem is, that the publisher of my linux distribution told me, updating the teamviewer version will brick up my whole linux image. Because of this, updating to higher version seems to be no option for me. Any other solution out there? Or do I need to say goodbye teamviewer? Please Help!

Posted by akrippen
Electron

Hi,

I have the same problem but I can't update the Teamviewer on both side, because one of the systems has to run W2K. What's to do?

Best regards,

Alfred

Posted by wolf0104
Henagon

I have the same problem. I cannot update the Client!!! Because other partners cannot work with Version 14. What can we do??

Posted by Sandysus
Photon

I´m having the same problem. Have downloaded version 14 to my Macbook Air with Mojave, trying to connect to a friends older version of Macbook Air wit High Sierra who cannot download version 14 but has to go with version 12. I´ve tried 2 different Macbook Airs and also my boyfriends windows-computer but I get the same error message on all 3 computers. If I try do connect between my computers it works fine. And also if another friend try to connect with version 14 to my friends version 12 it works?! 

Posted by wolf0104
Henagon

I think, it is a very bad strategy of teamviewer company.

Posted by MacTen
Digon

Hey guys, thanks for your replies.

I don't want to fool around anymore, because yes we live in a capitalist system and I can't expect teamviewer company for using their server capacities, for the needs that fits me, a user with a free license. For sure, connecting from a machine running teamviewer 14 to nearly any other systems with older teamviewer versions (down to v9 I think) will still work! Everything you need is just a paid teamviewer license. As far as I experienced in the last weeks, only paid license holders are still able to connect to older versions.

Googling around and grabbing all usefull stuff upon teamviewer community portal, there is only one good solution and this only applies to a handful of people. If you attached the devices that are running an old teamviewer version to your teamviewer account(not a lot of people are doing this), than you can logon on teamviewer webpage. There is a new area for managing policies. It's stated that you could create a new policy that will configure teamviewer software to automatic update to the newest version and search for updates within 7 days. After you have created the policy you can drag in your devices to the policy list, and the machines should self update to teamviewer 14 within next 7 days. With this way someone may can reconnect to his lost devices. But this is no solution for people who haven't attached the devices to their account and even not for people having devices that are not supported by teamviewer version 14 !

To fix this there are still other ways, maybe not that easy, but even more comfortable as travelling around the whole world. Check first, everyone who is having a device that's possible able to run teamviewer version 14, but you can't update remotely for now: you need to ask someone with a mobile phone or laptop to connect to exactly the same network, where the device with the old teamviewer version is connected to. If you have nobody who can do that, you could build a small barebone pc or raspberry pi and send it to that location.All you need to do is to connect to this mobilephone/laptop/barebone/raspberry through any other remote software (but not teamviewer !). After this step you can use teamviewer software to connect to your machine running the old version. Because as long as the connections are only within a local network, everything still works as in the past!But you need to use the local IP for the connection,not the teamviewer ID! Knowing this fact gives us the solution for all the other people that are still kicked in the **bleep** (me too): You need to set up a VPN and with help of this, you can reconnect to the devices again, because the VPN will do the tunneling part for teamviewer, that teamviewer server are not doing anymore. I would advice OpenVPN , seems like a pretty solid and easy solution. Creating and running a own VPN-Server is not that difficulty and there should be software distributions for nearly every OS, that can be installed on the devices running old teamviewer versions. The sticky part is still to find a way, for connecting to the lost device through any other device in same network or travelling a lot, just to set up the VPN software. Haven't done this by myself for all machines, but I will do within the next days and I can confirm it works.

Last and easiest solution, find someone who's holding a paid teamviewer license, ask him for help and if he can do the work for you, because he can still connect to devices running old teamviewer software. Was thinking of picking up a teamviewer license and try to sell this as a service for people having our problem, to get the investment back from the license.But it seems still to expensive for me and I don't have that much time.

Posted by pcmaximiliano
Digon

It really is a concern for servers working with LINUX perfectly as a client, with TV9, because many of them do not have support for the latest update on tv14. Should I look for other software that does the same?

I clarify, with Windows system there would be no problem in client and operator with TV14! as far as I know

Posted by pcmaximiliano
Digon

I have the same problem for linux servers I can not touch customer tv9

any solution

Posted by johnjwwilcox
Henagon

I have the same problem and have updated both my computer and the remote computer however we both still get the same message. I am a private use client, never had any problems before with team viewer.

Please help me get this sorted out.

John

Posted by Tinytosh
Electron

I was asked by a relative if I could provide their first ever computer and because they had never previously used Windows I decided to give them a laptop with Linux Mint 17.3 because that cane pre-configured with Firefox browser, Thunderbird e-mail client and LibreOffice for document handling.  I installed on it the then latest Teamviewer which was Version 12, which started on boot so that if they had problems I could connect and see what was going on.  I also set up my own laptop to dual boot the native Windows 10 and also Linux Mint 17.3 so that if necessary I could replicate what they were failing to do using the same build spec.  It has worked perfectly when needed for over a year.

Today when they asked for help, I connected OK but my connection timed out after 5 minutes because I was required to remotely update to Teamviewer14.  When I tried to do that, the update failed with error: "Dependency is not satisfiable:  libqt5gui5 | qt56-teamviewer"

I am left with Teamviewer which currently times out after 5 minutes because I haven't updated to a newer version that won't install.  I either need this missing dependency resolved or a means to override the 5-minute time-out.  I have used Teamviewer only 5 times in the past year so I don't expect to have to buy a licence.

Posted by johnjwwilcox
Henagon

Thank you for you reply however I am not sure how this helps me as both my partner and myself on request, updated our computers from version 12 to 14 and yet we still both keep getting the message to update to a newer version.

John

Posted by MacTen
Digon

Hi johnjwwilcox ,

I only want to ask you about your comment 2 weeks ago and discuss this. You said, you are having 2 machines  , both running teamviewer version 14 (operating system can be any) AND YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO ESTABLISH A CONNECTION?? This really sounds weird, I never experienced this behavior in the last time. Can you give us some pictures or screenshots from the teamviewer version number (from both systems) and maybe a screenshot from the error message you have?

I'm pretty sure, there must be any other error within your configuration. With a succesfully installed teamviewer version 14 on both ends, all connections must work without any special paid license and around the world.

regards

Posted by MacTen
Digon

Hello, I just wanted to drop some information I got from some smart guys.

It's an old story, that teamviewer version 14 is not running on a lot of older linux distributons. I'm not that tech guy to explain everything, but it's mostly upon qt 5 , that was introduced with teamviewer 14. Official statement : you can only upgrade to teamviewer 12/13 on older linux distributions or you need to upgrade to a newer linux version. My hint : search the web for teamviewer build number 14.0.14470 ! You need to find a install  package with that version suitable for your linux environment.Because of this is an early version of teamviewer 14 not using qt 5, it should run smoothly on your linux.

I hope this will help you

Posted by pcmaximiliano
Digon

Thank you very much for responding, on Linux servers, I can not update TeamViewer, I have no control. about them, everything was fine until the message of 5 minutes of connection and mandatory update began. It really is a problem for me, the TV client should continue to work as before, at least for Linux.
Posted by keyreel
Digon

Teamviewer is trying to say: Throw out all the computers that cannot run TV14!!! It's obvious. Until you want to pay subscription! They just don't care about it anymore. I'm having the same problem.  I assume company changed their management. And it started, first of all they cut my connections saying I'm using it illegally. I sent 5 email requests. for over 10 connections which were interrupted. 

Teamviewer was great program, until they started showing the face, everybody actually showing right now in software industry. All this inapp purchases, subscritption.... everywhere. My last laugh was about music metronome and the version with... Subscription! Metronome! :D  Do you remember time when you were buying soft? One time purchase? Not anymore! 

Well I'm pretty **bleep**ed. My parents have Mac Mini 2007 and they live 7500 miles away, I physically cannot upgrade it right now. And I cannot fly there until end of July. All I can say, thank you Teamviewer! 

Posted by pcmaximiliano
Digon

I still do not understand what the company intends to do, to cancel the incoming connections of TeamViewer 8,9,10,12? Without having control over them to update. which is the goal of complicating both the client that has Linux servers that do not allow updating. I can not ask the company to throw away their Linux server !!!
Posted by Test-rack
Electron

I updated my Debian 8 box running TV 10 to Debian 9. After that TV stopped working so I updated it to latest version on your site TV 14.2.8352. Funny part was I could access other machines running latest version of TV but no machine could access the Debian box.

I signed up for the management console to make sure I could grant access to specific computer if I needed to, still no go. One funny thing I noticed in the console, the Debian box was still reporting itself as running TV10. When I tried accessing it via console, the application it looks for on my windows PC is TV10 which was removed long ago. I purged TV couple of times and reinstalled it using APT PURGE and APT-GET (I used autoremove and clean to remove stuff when purging the app). Evern after uninstalling and reinstalling TV14, the console still sees the box as TV10. Is there a fix for this? Are there any residual files that I need to go and remove or modify? I have found some mentions of TV10 on the Debian 9 OS, but they don't talk about the version of the software (unless I'm missing what to look for in the files or location).

Help please. Thank you.

Posted by pcmaximiliano
Digon

TEAMVIEWER DECIDES TO STOP THE WORK IN VERSIONS 9, 12 IN MY SERVERS UBUNTU SERVER 10.04 AND 12 LTS

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY PROGRAM FOR REMOTE CONNECTION?

TEAMVIEWER DOES NOT GIVE ANSWERS, REALLY HORRIBLE WHAT THEY HAVE DONE

THANK YOU

Posted by KZ
Neutron

Unfeasible to reach and update Teamviewer version of my remote PC, have to give up Teamviewer.

@Natascha 

Hi, 

Due to the new policy, I just found I cannot login to my remote personal PC which has an older version of Teamviewer on it. (Error: Version out-of-date: Update the remote TeamViewer). Today is June 13, 2019, literally 5 days before the deadline June 18th deadline.

The fact is, my remote PC is physically really far from me, that I or other people cannot reach it locally and login to update teamviewer, at least for months. 

This is a poor design and bad policy. Guess I have to give up Teamviewer under this scenario. Not sure how many users are under the same condition. BTW, free account here. 

Thanks,

KZ

Posted by hhc
Digon

Hi, i am a paid customer, i have bought Version 11 Premium and since yesterday i have several customers that are calling me beacuse they connect to their computers in a casual way once per month, they use the free version and now the can't connect neither with version 11 or version 14, in the host pc is installed version 11 so i can connect with my paid license.

How should i proceed to be able to continue using my license and they can connect with that frecuency (1 a month), beacuse if they update both ends i will not be able to connect.

Thank you.

@Natascha wrote:

Hi @ashwathn 

Can you please update the TeamViewer to the latest version on both sides?

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

All the best,
Natascha

Posted by keyreel
Digon

Re: Unfeasible to reach and update Teamviewer version of my remote PC, have to give up Teamviewer.

Same here. They don't care until you pay. Otherwise enjoy your new computers (please!) Only
*Sarcastic*
That is a trend, unfortunately. I can't update my parents' Mac mini 2008, which is 6000 miles away from me.
Cynically they have a button "learn how!" (To update). I love it! Also I like the reason for denied connection is Unknown 😆
Posted by efect2000
Digon

Re: Unfeasible to reach and update Teamviewer version of my remote PC, have to give up Teamviewer.

I have updated to versions 10, 11, 12, as it works on a xp sp3 pc, and always says that the version is old, Why are availabñe to download and install, if they don't work? version 14 does not work on xp sp3.

Posted by asifchohan
Henagon

Hy
Posted by turbomac
Henagon

Free version user here trying to connect on the same network from a MacPro to an iMac, both running the latest version of Mojave and Teamviewer (14.3.4730). Still, I get the "Version out-of-date" pop up message every time I try to connect plus another "Unable to connect, Reason unknown" message.

I have read this entire thread and no one seems to mention any fix or update on their issue with Macs. I understand there is a widespread issue among Linux users not being able to update, but it would be helpful to know how is it working for other Mac users?

I reallly appreaciate any help.

Posted by Jpsarge
Henagon

I'm having the same problem. I cannot get to the remote computer and now I cannot access it as well. This is a really bad policy - I'll be looking for an alternative to TeamViewer because I can't risk losing connection in the future.
Posted by Javi2
Henagon

Same thing happened here. since today.

I cant access remote computer. I cant update it either.

Maybe its time to look for alternatives.

Posted by Fratotec
Henagon

Hello, 

on the same network you should be able to connect to the TV IP address ( if incoming LAN connections are allowed in the settings ). As far as I realized from previous posts, this should work ... 

Posted by roony94
Henagon

Can t connect to my remote computer that is running version 12..... Please, we need a fix, so we can update our clients to version 14. Cant update teamviewer remotely :(

Posted by turbomac
Henagon

Thanks all for continuing the discussion. I want to give an update from my previous post and explain how I was able to connect my other computer on the same network NOT by initiating a connection through the Remote Control menu (entering the partner ID and then clicking on connect) BUT by first going into the Computers & Contact menu and assigning my other computer to my account. To do this, I had to
1. enter my ID and password on my second computer,
2. on the gear icon at top right corner click on assign to account.
3. then from computer 1 I entetered the ID and password of computer 2 and was able to connect.

You should NOTICE that there the ID numer starts with a 1 followed by 9 digits but this 1 is NOT part of the ID, which can be very confusing and I was able to find out after hours of trying to troubleshoot. Your ID should only be the last nine digits of your ID.

Hope this helps.
Posted by chiara-m
Neutron

HI, I have the same problem. I have two machines both running Team viewer 14 and I'm not able to have a connection. How can I solve?

Posted by roony94
Henagon

Its a shame the no one from the team provide a solution for this serious problem until now...
Posted by hhc
Digon

I am a paying customer, i have bought version 11 Premium, and i can tell you that they will not fixed anything because is not a "problem" for them, is a consequence from a commercial decision that they have made to get more money, that's all. A bad one in my opinion..

They have changed the limitations on the Free Version, they do not let free users to connect to computers with older versions, if you do not have a license you can only can connect to a computer that has the last version.

I have open a ticket with Teamviewer support and this was their answer:

"It is not possible to use older version of TeamViewer without a license, if you connect to them using your version 11 license you will be able to do it, but if they don't have a license they are not going to be able to establish the connection"

I am not guessing about the source of the inconvenience, what i really do not know is to whom they are aiming to get more money, the current customers?, the free customers? (they can download the free version and install it again, but... what will happend when they change to version 15 the next year?, all 14 version will be "older versions" and again the free customers will not be able to connect.

I think they do not care about customer relationship anymore.

Hope this help for the one that are waiting some fix that will never arrive

Best regards

Posted by wroshon
Digon

This is quite disturbing. I have a paid commerical PERPETUAL license for Teamview 12. I paid to upgrade to 12 from version 9. I and many other owners of version 12 chose not to go with the subscription license for version 13 and cannot legally upgrade to 13. Last week, everything worked fine. This week, I can't connect to anything. What has Teamviewer done to disable connections to older versions? This needs to be corrected immediately.

Hi @wroshon ,

Thank you for your post.

If you have a perpetual license for an older version, please make sure that you are using your license for these connections and if you still have problems, please contact our support team.

All the best,
Yuri

Highlighted

Hi @roony94 ,

have you tried to set up a policy in the management console?
Please read: How to add a new settings policy 

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you with more information

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Posted by khawk973
Henagon

I'm running newest version on both pc's, v14.3.4730.  Am being told that I can't connect since the pc I'm connecting to is running an older version of TeamViewer.  Not sure how that's possible, but it refuses to connect for that reason.  If I use the remote version from the store, it loads immediately.  Why won't the full version run when the Store app will?

Posted by skofod
Henagon

Same thing happened here. since today.

I cant access remote computer. I cant update it either.

And I am 3.300 km away, so no update posibble.

Maybe its time to look for alternatives. :-(

Posted by GarryAnderson
Trigon

What bug was introduced by Microsoft to create this problem on previously wokring TVs?

Posted by GarryAnderson
Trigon

Re: QuickSupport: Version out-of-date: Update the remote TeamViewer

It should not be necessary to install the latest version, unless Microsoft created this bug intentionally to force everybody to update to a "backdoor version" of TV.  Am I correct?

Posted by GarryAnderson
Trigon

I agree.  This is Microsoft strategy.  Either that, or their programming team is not very good at programming.  Sorry, but it is true.  Not everybody can program code.

Posted by GarryAnderson
Trigon

The "version out of date" message is a joke.  To test this, I used an older version to try to connect to a newer version, and still got the "out of date" message.  How can an old version (written before the new version), legitimatley claim that the new version is out of date?

This sure looks like a Microsoft "scam" of sorts to me.

Let's all look for another solution instead of using TeamViewer,  and then let's all cancel any subscriptions that we may have with TeamViewer.

Hello @GarryAnderson,

Considering that Microsoft created intentionally a bug in order to influence which version of TeamViewer people are using is extremely unlikely. This would be pure speculation and we do not support this 

We always stick to the facts and try to act accordingly. We noticed through the feedback of many users that this kind of bug exists at the moment and that updating the versions to the latest one on both sides of the connection seem to be a stable fix.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Best,

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by allanlee
Henagon

Having the same problem. My situation prevents me from upgrading my remote computers because they are located "Remotely". Teamviewer needs to enable backwards compatibility...

Posted by GarryAnderson
Trigon

Support:

Updating my TV to the latest version did not help.  The problem began suddenly without my doing anything, about 6 months ago.  I think TV changed something somewhere.  I have tried TV with Mac OSX and Win7, and both have the same issue.

The message about upgrading the remote TV is a total fabrication.  I proved this by using an old TV to communicate with a new TV, and the message from the old TV said that the new TV is "old" and therefor needs upgrading.  Of course this is total rubbish because at the time the old TV was written, it did not even know the new TV existed.

Clearly, somebody does not know what to do.

Please recommend something that works, or else, revert the changes from 6 months ago when this first happened.

Sorry to be so blunt, but lets get some people onto this situation who understands what is going on.

Garry.