Teamviewer windows all screens open at same size

Answers

• AITCS
    AITCS Posts: 3 ✭✭

@JeanK

Yes, I have the correct resolution set for each server, windowed mode and 100% scaling and the problem still exists.\

This is still broken.

• EeroMattiKl
    EeroMattiKl Posts: 1

Such a bad direction for this kind of new feature that I needed to downgrade the version. I connect multiple machines daily and most of them are just ID:s and not saved Computers so you can image what kind of hassle this "feature" is. Please revert this back or give us option to use the old system.

• ScottBridgwater
    ScottBridgwater Posts: 3 ✭✭

This was a terrible idea. All my windows open at the same size too, ignoring the target resolution. Please do something about this. It is annoying when you pop into remote sessions all throughout your working day. We use TV for client support.

• ScottBridgwater
    ScottBridgwater Posts: 3 ✭✭
  • LeffeH
    LeffeH Posts: 13 ✭✭

Does anyone have a link to the latest version without this... feature.. ? Sadly I didn't think I had to save revisions.

• ShawnY
    ShawnY Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same issue here

• toknu
    toknu Posts: 7 ✭✭

I uninstalled TeamViewer with Registry Cleaning, but it was unsuccessfull.

After install TeamViewer the same issue.

I hope TV fix this bug

• ShawnY
    ShawnY Posts: 2 ✭✭

Downgraded to 14. Until TeamViewer fixes this I'll stick with the old version.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello all,

First of all, thank you for your feedback in the past few days.

Our dev teams are working on a possibility to "deactivate" this new behavior.

I will keep you posted as soon as we know more about it.

Thank you for your trust and patience.

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• mwatson536
    mwatson536 Posts: 9 ✭✭

Thank you for getting it to your dev team.

• Ememell
    Ememell Posts: 4 ✭✭

Any update please TeamViewer on this unwanted behaviour? Please put it back to the way it was, or at least give us an option. You seem determined to make using your product more annoying, just like when you decided modal pop-up adverts in a commercially licensed product was a good idea.

• Pyrophoenix
    Pyrophoenix Posts: 1

Finally I find that it's not related to my computer or anything else but only because of TeamViewer Update. How long will it take the Dev team to reverse this issue? It's really annoying specially when you are using it daily.

• ramimor
    ramimor Posts: 5 ✭✭

The new update today did nothing to solve this issue.

Also, in your comment you said the dev team will work on a possibility to deactivate this bug (calling it a feature doesn't make it so, it's a BUG), but there's no time frame for a fix.

I can assure you my time frame is upon renewal of service, as I will not continue payments to a service that makes the user setting unfriendly and difficult for my eyes.

• sflrmortier
    sflrmortier Posts: 5 ✭✭

Please keep us updated. This "new feature" is beyond frustrating. I don't know how anyone would find this better than the previous behaviour.

• LeffeH
    edited May 2022

Closing in on two months of this buggy behaviour and the only response we get is..... nada.. Not here, not by reporting from inside the app.

"possibility to "deactivate" this new behavior." Please.. You can't go on trying to sell this as a 'feature' or 'behavior' as it is a bug. I even sometimes get a newly opened host with a 0x0 size in the upper left corner of my screen.

• toknu

Hello,

I have a solution with a Reg Key

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer\DefaultSettings]

"SaveClientWindowPositions"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TeamViewer\DefaultSettings]

"SaveClientWindowPositions"=dword:00000000

In my case it's work.

bye spooner

• LeffeH

@toknu: Thanks. Works like a charm.

• Arteus
    Arteus Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

Hi.

I am still NOT able to change the resolution of remote PC's away from 1027 x 768, either on the remote PC using Display Settings or by using the Advanced Featuresin Teamviewer.

I have tried the DWORD options above and it did not work for me.

Can anyone suggest any further ideas on how to get away from this problem before I switch to **Third Party Product**?

Thank you.

• Arteus
    Arteus Posts: 2 ✭✭

I managed to set the resolution by only changing PrimSurfSize.cx and PrimSurfSize.cy in a couple of places:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\NOEDID_blah_change_me>\00
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\NOEDID_blah_change_me>\00\00

Search for PrimSurfSize.cx and PrimSurfSize.cy and change the NOEDID ones as above, restart the machine.

• mwatson536
    mwatson536 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

@toknu Worked like a charm thanks.

• JeanK

Hello all,

I got the confirmation from our R&D team that the setting to disable saving the session window size and position feature will be implemented soon.

It will be available in our next Insider build.

This setting will be located within the client's Advanced options.

Please bear with us. I will keep you posted.

Community Manager

• Haissam
    Haissam Posts: 1

I just installed the insider preview and it appears the bug is fixed.

• JeanK

Hello all,

I am happy to announce that we just have released the setting to disable saving the session window size and position feature in our latest version v15.30.

Please see the Changelog here: [Windows] v15.30.3

1) Access the TeamViewer Options (⚙)

2) Go to the Remote Control menu

3) In Remote control defaults, you'll find the setting Save session window size and position

Please update your clients to the latest version to use this setting.

📄 Update TeamViewer

Thank you all for your patience and trust.

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• lrinmon
    lrinmon Posts: 1

So any idea on when this will be fixed for the mac client? I am on the most current version of Teamviewer on my MacBook and I do not have that option in my preferences.

• BEEzz
    BEEzz Posts: 1
    edited August 2022

Dear JeanK, Hi All,

I wonder if the issue is really fixed. I just updated to the latest insider build, and the behavior that I get is the following:

a) I open three remote computers with different resolutions and adjust the sizes of the TeamViewer windows such that there are no black borders.

b) I close all the three windows

c) I open the three computers again, but in a random order. The first computer will get the size of the window that I closed last, the next computer gets the size of the window that I closed before that and so on. In other words, TeamViewer does not save the size of the window that a particular computer had before along with that computer.

What am I doing wrong? Sorry for being [removed per Community Guidelines] there were no further messages in this board I assume the issue is solved and I'm doing it wrong?

Thank you for help!!

Best,

Benrhard

• JeanK

Hello @BEEzz,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

You can configure and save the resolution for the respective computers directly in the Computers and Contacts list, as described here:

/JeanK

Community Manager

• ramimor
    ramimor Posts: 5 ✭✭

v15.34.4 just auto updated my computers today and broke the fix.

At this point I've decided the headache of complaining and waiting months for a fix is no longer acceptable, and I called your support line to discontinue my service at the end of my term which is next month.

I've had a corporate license since v9, but this service became very unpleasant and it feels like TV just makes everything hard on their customers, including the horrible long time it takes to get the cancellation of service approved.

I'm very disappointed and I will not be your customer any longer.

Shame!

• toknu
    edited October 2022

Hello,

since the last update 15.34.4, all TeamViewer connections are opened maximized. Not full screen, but maximized.

I would like the connection window to start in the size of the remote partner's resolution.

How can I set this up again?

Gladly via a registry entry.

Thanks

• BR_CH
    BR_CH Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    exactly the same. Another change nobody needs

• joloriquelme
    joloriquelme Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

15.34.4 not only broke this fix, but also added other problems.

I cannot do ALT+TAB anymore without having to clic the main window to paste test from the host computer.

15.34.4 is a complete distaster and I am just tired too. I will switch to another Software at the end of my term too (december).