Sessions time out, suspected commercial use, only in Mint, not in Windoze.

Options
oldmobie
oldmobie Posts: 1

I remotely control a computer at my church, on a volunteer basis. My home PC is dual boot. I MUCH prefer to run it in Mint instead of Windoze. It's worked fine for probably a year or so, until about 3 weeks - a month ago. Now I can connect for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes. I get the suspected commercial use challenge. I have to wait a minute or two to try to reconnect. On Mint. Reboot to Windoze, teamviewer works as expected. Same PC. Same hardware. Same credentials. Same connection. Can anyone enlighten me re: how to solve this, so I can remote in to the church, with a competent OS?

*Complication: Someone will probably ask about what type of account I have. I don't know. I don't even know the credentials. The way it's set up, I don't open teamviewer and sign in. I have to sign in at app.ninjarmm.com, and click on the teamviewer icon on their web page. My browser then opens teamviewer and passes credentials to it that I never see. Does anyone know how I can find out the credentials or the account type?

Answers

• SheldonWBM
    SheldonWBM Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

TeamViewer has a phone number to call.

I have never called them but you are likely to get a more immediate response to your account question.

• SheldonWBM
    SheldonWBM Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

If all else fails, and you don't want to pay for a subscription, there are free alternatives. The only downside, they may require a little more configuration but, setup correctly, is still secure. I use TeamViewer for helping friends and family from time-to-time on their computer as it requires minimal configuration and is very reliable. I am considering a subscription but only if it works on ARM CPUs (i.e. Jetson series). [removed per Community Guidelines

[removed per Community Guidelines]