Purchased Remote Access License but still says my account is license is Free, How to solve?

Options
Rose123
Rose123 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I purchased a single user remote access license today, which shows up in the customer portal as active, but when I sign into the management console or teamviewer app it says I am running the free license and thus bound by the restrictions of doing so.

I would post a ticket but I am re-directed to a knowledgebase link about activating my license.

Best Answer

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,214 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Rose123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Please know that TeamViewer license activation differs from activation of the customer portal, and a licensed TeamViewer account is required to submit a support ticket. Without a licensed TeamViewer account, it will be redirected here in the Community.

To activate your TeamViewer license with your TeamViewer account,  the activation link is needed. Could you please check your email inbox to locate the activation link which is sent out as the purchase email from TeamViewer?

Once you can confirm the activation link, you are ready to take the activation procedure. Kindly follow the step-by-step process written here: Activate and set up your Remote Access license

Hope you find this helpful.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions if you are facing any difficulties using TeamViewer.

Best,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

Answers

• Akiho
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Rose123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Please know that TeamViewer license activation differs from activation of the customer portal, and a licensed TeamViewer account is required to submit a support ticket. Without a licensed TeamViewer account, it will be redirected here in the Community.

To activate your TeamViewer license with your TeamViewer account,  the activation link is needed. Could you please check your email inbox to locate the activation link which is sent out as the purchase email from TeamViewer?

Once you can confirm the activation link, you are ready to take the activation procedure. Kindly follow the step-by-step process written here: Activate and set up your Remote Access license

Hope you find this helpful.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions if you are facing any difficulties using TeamViewer.

Best,

Akiho

• bhakiagjunfikorty
    Options

I recently purchased a Remote Access License for my account, but it still shows that my account is on the Free plan. I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue promptly.

• Rose123
    Rose123 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I realize now I failed to click the Activate link that is e-mailed. I got confused with having to confirm and then authorize accounts, and seeing the account as active in the customer portal made me believe I had already activated the license.

Consideration should be given to having the same activation link that is sent in the e-mail, present in the customer portal under the details for said subscription.

Thank you for your help @Akiho

• Akiho
    Options

Hi @bhakiagjunfikorty,

Thank you for sharing your experience in this thread.

To begin with, we kindly ask you to check the activation process written here: Activate and set up your Remote Access license

If you still facing any difficulties afterwards, could you please tell us what happens when you try activating your license? Please also share the screenshot of the error message if you received any.

Please keep us updated on how this goes.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Best,

Akiho

• Akiho
    Options

Hi @Rose123,

Thanks for updating us. 

Happy to hear that you could activate your license successfully.

Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer.

We also appreciate your feedback and forwarded it internally.

Wish you have a great weekend.

Best,

Akiho