Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Connectivity Problem

Hi @noraa31, Hi @DanniHansen 

Thank you for your replies. 

I kindly ask you to have a look at our statement regarding the security patches for version 8-14 which includes the information about the shut down of version 5-7 (in the accepted solution).

You will find the announcement here

Thank you very much for your understanding and have a great day. 

All the best,
Natascha

Highlighted
Posted by Alex_Schulein
Electron

Re: teamviewer 7

OK we all know now versions 5 through 8 are no longer functioning.

unfortunately I have to side with everyone who has big problems with remote support at the moment.

A message congratulations you’ve been given a free upgrade to version 9 is not helpful for all the machines we can’t reach anymore.

In what way was this communicated?? It would have been nice to have received a EOL Email in some way or just a message in the Team Viewer client would have been helpful.

we have 150+ machines all over Europe that we can`t reach anymore.

Highlighted
Posted by kosma6
Henagon

Teamviewer5 - stop working

Hello,

I use from many years Teamviewer5 and two days ago is start not working corectly.

First Not wok only few host now all host stop connetct to internet

"Not Ready, please check the internet connection"

I use windows 7, windows 10 ..

Highlighted
Posted by jabor4u
Henagon

unable to connect to my tv6

hi 

i have multiple PCs has tv 6 

im not able to connect to them now 

and these pc showing not connected to TV servers 

hope to hear from you 

Highlighted
Posted by 1stCall
Henagon

Teamviewer 6 No longer issuing ID's - hundreds of users

HI all,

I've been an avid user of teamviewer since around 2011 or 2012. I know that business models tend to change over time and putting resources into a product that doesn't generate revenue tends to not make financial sense even though the entry point isn't very inexpensive.

We've noticed that some of our older clients using teamviewer 6 no longer generate user ID's they have passwords but no ID.

We have to manually go onsite, and uninstall and reinstall our most recent version. (we have a perpetual license for Teamviewer 12 Corp.

Is there any reason why 100% of our version 6 users are doing this?

We have no intention of upgrading,   We just simply can't justify spending the 200/month.  We were told by our rep we should get in now before it goes up.  theres no way..

Thanks for taking the time!

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Teamviewer5 - stop working

Hi @kosma6@jabor4u and @1stCall ,

Thank you for your post on TeamViewer Community.

As TeamViewer has sunsetted the service of TeamViewer v5 - v7 at 15th January 2020, TeamViewer v5 would not be able to connect to TeamViewer server. We have offered all TeamViewer v5-v7 licensed cutstomers a free upgrade to TeamViewer v9. You may  manually. Kindly update your TeamViewer to TeamViewer v9 for active connections. 

If you have any questions and inquiries on the sunsetting action and free upgrade to TeamViewer v9, feel free to contact TeamViewer Support Team for further assistance.

Regards

Ying_Q

Highlighted
Posted by noraa31
Henagon

Re: New updates for TeamViewer 8 - 14

Hi,

Do you have TeamViewer9.msi ? we have 300+ clients using Teamviewer 7 and now it is not working and needs to upgrade.

Highlighted

Hi @noraa31,

Thank you for your post.

TeamViewer 9 MSI package is available for download from here. Kindly have your license key ready for downloading MSI package please.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ying_Q

Highlighted
Posted by kosma6
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer5 - stop working

Hi, @Ying_Q 

Thanks for answer is very helpfull .

BTW your link for download ver 9 is not for ver 9 but for newest TV..

I find this and start download from here.
https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Download-TeamViewer-8-and-9/ta-p/78348#toc-hId--*...

One more thing how make upgrade tv5 to tv9 wiithout install manualy ? Some user is far far away ? If I update TV5 from application I will get newest version ?

Highlighted
Posted by Telegraf_ADM
Henagon

Hello!

Do you plan to run version 7 for a short period of time? I ask because we use version 8 mainly, but we have version 7 in 50 locations to which we have lost access. If it were possible to run version 7 for 1 day, it would be enough to upgrade to the working version 8.

have a nice day!

Highlighted
Posted by UNES
Henagon

Re: Version 7 Issues

Our company has TeamViewer 7 : one Business licence, one Add-On licence AND customized QS for customers (simplified client, with our company logo, localized text, downloadable from our companys web page).

Last week we noticed:

- The business licence updated to 9, seems to work ok. "Lifetime" licence is now valid until 1/1/2023

- Add-On licence: does not work (no connection), and after update (to version 9), lost licence information.

- Customized QS: does not work (no connection).

TeamViewer has been critical tool when our customers need technical support. Last days been quite busy without this possibilty to help our customers.

So, only solution is to use money to update our "lifetime" licences?

EDIT: Our case was quite simple one. Our both licences (Business + AddOn) updated to 9. We changed our customer side customized QS 7 to standard TeamViewerQS 9. Not the best solution, but it works now, and our customers (over 500) can get our technical support again when needed. I understand the pain of those having remote hosts and similar cases.

Highlighted
Posted by ecadz
Henagon

Team viewer 7 not connecting to server

i have bought team viewer 7 some years ago and it was working till last week without any problem. Unfortunately since last week it's not getting connected to the server. My operating system is Windows 7. It's showing the message "Not ready. please check your connection" whereas my computer is already connected to internet and other sites are working perfectly as before.

Can you please fix the problem

Highlighted
Posted by luipiaram
Neutron

Good morning,
we have some customers with windows 2000 sp4 operating system and we tried to install teamviewer versione 8 and 9 without success.

How we can manage this situation?

thanks

Highlighted
Posted by andreaga
Henagon

Apart from that we found ourselves unable to reach our most remote hosts, for which many of us had invested in teamviwer precisely for their management, we find ourselves even without the QS customized with our passwords.
Considering the inconvenience you have caused us, you should activate the possibility of reaching the old hosts 6 and 7 at least until the end of the month.

Highlighted
Posted by Cheeto_el_Beefo
Henagon

Hello

Are you able to expand on 'automatic upgrade to a newer version'? Does this mean our customer machines running TV7 or earlier will be automatically upgraded (via forced  update?), or will we have to RDP into these machines through their local network to update them ourselves manually? Our business has a corporate licence and we suppply software support for a lot of Independant food retail companies across Australia/PNG with hundreds of computers running TeamViewer for remote access. Most of our customers run TV on food scales, pos lanes etc and do not know how to update the TV client. Please advise.

Kind Regards

Highlighted

Re: static password for Windows XP

Hi @desko,

Thank you for posting on TeamViewr Community and sorry for the late reply.

Let us break down your post into following parts please:

1. TeamViewer v6 - TeamViewer v6 servicehas been sunsetted from accessing TeamViewer server on 15th January 2020. Kindly see the [Update] New updates for TeamViewer 8 - 14 for the latest updates and communication. Your TeamViewer v6 license should have been updated to TeamViewer v9 automatically in TeamViewer system. 
  2. TeamViewer with Windows XP - Kindly check out the supported OS version from TeamViewer and supported Windows OS, the most update to date TeamViewer version is TeamViewer 14.2 which is compatible with Windows XP. However, if you are holding any older license e.g. TeamViewer v9, please make sure that your only use TeamViewer v9 software on the devices which run Windows XP.
  3. TeamViewer 15 - You are welcomed to update your current TeamViewer license to TeamViewer Subscription plan. Or simply contact TeamViewer Sales Team for a customised solution.
  4. Static password - within TeamViewer security functions, you may set up a Personal Password, it is a password saved within TeamViewer software and does not change randomly.

For more discussion and confirmation about the questions above, feel free to contact TeamViewer Support Team for further assistance please.

Hope the information above will be helpful and thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Ying_Q

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

[Update] Re-activation of TeamViewer in version 5, 6 and 7 until February 5th, 2020

Hi all,

As announced before and as most of you have noticed in the past days, we disconnected the TeamViewer versions 5, 6, and 7 from our servers on January 15th, 2020.

Please find the original announcement and our reminder above.

We emailed license holders inviting them to enjoy the free upgrade to TeamViewer in version 9 and to make sure remote endpoints are updated to TeamViewer 9 in time.

Some customers informed us that they did not receive the email we were sending out. Our engineers found out that there was an issue in our emailing system, which causes that some customers did not receive the information via email. We apologize for that, sincerely.

In the meantime, we were able to fix the mailing issue. Unfortunately, some remote endpoints of our customers could not be updated to TeamViewer 9 before January 15th, 2020.

We, therefore, decided to re-activate TeamViewer in version 5, 6 and 7 until February 5th, 2020.

We invite you to update your remote machines at the earliest convenience. You are now again able to connect to those devices and make a remote update during the connection.

While TeamViewer 8 and above received some security patch in December, the versions older than TeamViewer 8 couldn’t be updated hence the importance of updating to a more modern version.

Thank you for your understanding and enjoy your new features.

Best,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Posted by JKesselaar
Henagon

Re: [Update] Re-activation of TeamViewer in version 5, 6 and 7 until February 5th, 2020

Good afternoon,

I am wondering if an e-mail gets send out to all users or only the users that have either a 5, 6 or 7 license themselves?

If an e-mail did get send for the new end date. i have not recieved any e-mail yet hence why i am asking. now i've been checking the forums since thurseday since we've lost about 160 of our customers who have older systems.  luckely todat we've noticed about half of those returning to function. and we have updated these systems to atleast TV version 9. shamefully the other half of the systems we will need to physicly go to.

Kind Regards,

Joey Kesselaar

Highlighted
Posted by enphys
Henagon

Hi,

We have updated teamviewer 6 to 9 and it is working no problem ok.

But something is going wrong about perpetual licenses.. It shows our licence expire date About>Licence Expire date 01.01.2022 what? This is perpetual? 

How to fix this expiration period problem? 

thx

Highlighted
Posted by SNSUSA
Henagon

Re: Automatic updating my clients to version 9 of their teamviewer host.

How do I create a TeamViewer 9 QuickSupport module with a cusom logo?  If I go through management console it creates it in V15.

Highlighted
Posted by Nathan026
Electron

Re: [Update] Re-activation of TeamViewer in version 5, 6 and 7 until February 5th, 2020

With over 1000 TeamViewer hosts in our contact list all on different versions, is there a simple way to get a list of the hosts and their versions? This would help us make the new deadline.

Highlighted
Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

I asked the same question long time ago (in some other form).

I'm curious in answer from TV Team.

EDIT:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/API-and-Scripting/How-to-get-list-of-outdated-host/m-p/68432#M10...

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Highlighted

Hello @SNSUSA

Thank you for your message.

To create QuickSupport module in version 9, you need to activate your license on your TeamViewer license. Once it's done, you will be able to create modules in version 9.

This is how to proceed:

1. Login to your account via the Management Console
  2. Click on your name in the upper right corner, then click on Edit Profile
  3. In the General tab, line License, click on Change licenseActivate license0.png

4. Click on Legacy License Key ActivationActivate license.png

5. Enter your license key (the key is indicated your latest invoice) and confirm with Upgrade & Logout
    Activate license_2.png

6. Now, your modules should be created in version 9.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution

FAQ - Re-activation of TeamViewer in version 5, 6 and 7 until February 5th, 2020

Hi all,

following up on some questions we received from our customers, we are providing a small FAQ to answer those questions.

I had a license for TeamViewer 5, 6 or 7. Can I now update to TeamViewer 9 on all devices?

Yes - TeamViewer provided a free-of-charge license upgrade to all existing licenses, which were valid for TeamViewer 5, 6, or 7. With this, you can now update all devices to TeamViewer 9 and enjoy licensed connections in this more advanced TeamViewer version.

How can I update my devices?

If your devices did not receive the auto-update to TeamViewer until now, you can either make a local update or a remote update to guarantee an update before February 5th, 2020.

Note: If your device is running with TeamViewer 5, the auto-update is not available, please make sure to make a local or remote update to TeamViewer 9.

Local update:

1. You can trigger the update by clicking on Help --> Check for new version. 

Depending on whether you are using the TeamViewer full version or the Host module, please check the following screenshots for visual guidance:

VollversionVollversion

Host ModulHost Modul

2. You can download and install TeamViewer 9 locally: Download TeamViewer 9

Remote update:

Updating the remote TeamViewer can easily be done during a TeamViewer session via the toolbar. Please keep in mind that you need to have a valid license activated on your device or your TeamViewer account to make the connection to an older version. 

• Click on Extras --> Remote update:remote update v9.png

It will then show you the available TeamViewer version numbers, asking you to confirm the update. TeamViewer will most likely only offer you an update to the latest version of TeamViewer 5, 6 or 7. Please choose this version and you will get TeamViewer 9 automatically: 

Remote update_v7 to v9.png

TeamViewer on the remote computer will close and install the new version (TeamViewer 9).

After the update, you will be reconnected to the remote computer automatically. 

Note: Updating multiple TeamViewer clients on Windows PCs can be best achieved by using our MSI package, which is available with our Corporate license. Instructions can be found within the MSI download package and attached to this message.

For customers with a Corporate license:

Our Corporate license holders can benefit from the advantages of the MSI deployment of the TeamViewer software.

With TeamViewer MSI you can deploy your TeamViewer full version or Host module via Active directory easily to all your endpoints.

Please see the attached manual for the MSI deployment in TeamViewer 9 (upper right corner of this message).

Customers with a Business or Premium license could write and use a script which

• uninstalls the local TeamViewer
  • Installs TeamViewer 9
  • Adds automatic Account assignment

Please be advised that TeamViewer does not provide such scripts. Also, we are not able to proofread such scripts.

Updating the QuickSupport to TeamViewer 9

With TeamViewer 9, TeamViewer made a tremendous step forward to increase the usability of the QuickSupport module.

Instead of sending an. exe file to your customers, you can simply send them a personalized link you get after creating your very own QuickSupport module, and your customers can download your always-up-to-date QuickSupport module from the internet. 

You can generate the QuickSupport module within the Management Console under Design& deploy.

Every change you make to your module will automatically apply to the custom module like a new text or a new logo. 

Please make sure to have your license (in version 9) activated on your TeamViewer account.

This is how to proceed:

1. Login to your account via the Management Console
  2. Click on your name in the upper right corner, then click on Edit Profile
  3. In the General tab, line License, click on Change licenseChange License_legacy.png

4. Click on Legacy License Key ActivationActivate license.png

5. Enter your license key (the key is indicated your latest invoice) and confirm with Upgrade & Logout (the license key you got initially did not change during the upgrade to TeamViewer 9 - please feel free to use this key from your last invoice)
    Activate license_2.png

6. Now, your modules should be created in version 9.

My license says it will expire. What does that mean?

The expiry date visible under Help →  About TeamViewer: In the case of the updated licenses this thread/FAQ is about, the expiry date is incorrect information and we are already working on removing it from the software. Your license in version 9 will be valid for the lifetime of TeamViewer in version 9. For now, we do not have a sunsetting date.

My devices are running with Windows 2000/Server 2000. What can I do?

Please install TeamViewer 8 on these devices. Your license in TeamViewer 9 is also working with TeamViewer 8. TeamViewer 8 received the security patches we deployed in December 2019.

Can I get a list of TeamViewer IDs from all my remote devices?

TeamViewer can not provide you with such a list.

If you were saving all your remote devices within the TeamViewer Manager or the Computer & Contacts list (aka Partner list in older versions), you can connect to those devices and perform the remote update.

I hope this info helps you.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Posted by bank1
Henagon

Re: static password for Windows XP

I have a license in 7.0 version. After update to 9.0 I have a monit license no. is no valid

Licese no 

Andrzej 

[post edited by a moderator - personal information removed]

Highlighted
Posted by kosma6
Henagon

Re: FAQ - Re-activation of TeamViewer in version 5, 6 and 7 until February 5th, 2020

Remote update only update to newest version of TeamViewer current version or the newest on the market ..?? We need 9 version ...

Screenshot from 2020-01-22 15-07-41.png

Highlighted
Posted by SNSUSA
Henagon

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried to activate my legacy license but receive the message "The license you tried to activate is already activated on another TeamViewer account."  I used the license key when I upgraded my PC to V9 via the TeamViewer_Setup.exe.  How can I tell which email address this is linked to?  How do I get this corrected?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Posted by lumiadmin
Digon

Boujour,
Thank you for taking into account the alerts from companies affected by this downtime. (Corporate customer license, maintenance by teamviewer of embedded systems with TW host v7 to v15)
We have 2000 embedded systems to patch remotely.
The delay of a few days is short before the servers are shut down again on February 5.
Can you extend this deadline?
thank you for your reply

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @lumiadmin 

Thanks for your post.

I understand that this situation as not ideal for you as well as other customers.

While TeamViewer 8 and above received the security patch in December, the versions older than TeamViewer 8 couldn’t be patched. This is the reason why we needed to deactivate the versions 5 -7 a few days ago.

The security aspect is also the reason why we cannot extend this period longer, and we can only stress the importance of updating to -at least- TeamViewer 8.

Thank you for your understanding that security has the utmost importance for TeamViewer, and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this causes to you!

Thanks and best,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by Aldrino
Electron

Re: Teamviewer version 6 not working today

Thank you.

Is there a link for download teamviewer quick support 9 ?

Highlighted
Posted by ADMINPYRAM
Neutron

Download TeamViewer 7 and 6

Hello,

Could you tell me where i can found download links for teamviewer V7 and V6 ?

I need it for industrial computer under Windows 98/95.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Posted by tez
Electron

I would question the legitamacy of turning off the servers as the contract states that they gurantee that they would provide services for a minimum of 10 years. It doesn't matter if they changed the T&C on later versions, if your agreement remained at a specific version, those terms still apply.

Eventually they will mop up all those who remain on perpetual and force people to subscription.

Highlighted
Posted by AndrewMorison
Henagon

Re: No more connectivity for Teamviewer 7 on embedded systems !!

Hi @Natascha / TV,

As others have asked, but we don't seem to have received a reply; some of us have thousands of remote endpoints within our Management Console. There doesn't seem to be an easy way that I can see, that it shows the version of the client.

For lots of your partners who have owned Teamviewer going back for us to Version 3, we need a way for the console or a report, to tell us which ID's have what version.

It's not possible for us to log into each of them to find out.

I'm sure that each client when they connect to your servers, tells you what version they are, all we are asking is for this to be passed on to us.

Without it, it could do, untold damage should a device be deactivated and we are not able to regain access to the main in case of an issue with our customer. We would be held liable for this.

I'm sure this is not an unfair request.

Please note, that I am also very unhappy that only those who held those license 5-7 were told about this. Surely you understand that your user base don't upgrade all clients to the latest just because you have the latest version yourselves.

Look forward to a quick response, with another possible delay to take into account all of those partners who are now unknowingly going to have issues.

Andrew Morison
IT Group Manager
Techno Group

Highlighted
Posted by gardenzwerg
Electron

Re: Download TeamViewer 7 and 6

runs only until February 5th, 2020

[Third-party download link removed by moderator - to ensure security please only download TeamViewer from the official website]

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @AndrewMorison 

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

While we do offer a service that could provide such information (called: TeamViewer Monitoring & Asset Management)  it would not work in this scenario (with TeamViewer versions under v11) on the remote devices. More info here.

Hi @ADMINPYRAM 

TeamViewer 5, 6 and 7 are no longer available for downloads. The "oldest" possible version to download is TeamViewer 8. Here is the link to get the download: Download TeamViewer 8 and 9

In addition, TeamViewer does not support TeamViewer on Windows 95/98. Please find more information about which operating systems are supported here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Which-operating-systems-are-supported/ta-p/24141

Thanks for your understanding,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by pauld4950
Henagon

As per your latest email about the connectivity of Teamveiwer 7, I download Teamviewer 9 as suggested.  However, when I applied my version 7 licence the message that the licence was invalid for this version (9).

How can I continue to use Teamveiwer with my Version 7 licence?

Please reply to my email linked to this account.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @pauld4950 

Can you send me your company details incl. the email address of the purchaser via a private message? So we can check your case quickly.

Thanks, Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Re: FAQ - Re-activation of TeamViewer in version 5, 6 and 7 until February 5th, 2020

@Esther wrote:
============================================
Can I get a list of TeamViewer IDs from all my remote devices?
TeamViewer can not provide you with such a list.

If you were saving all your remote devices within the TeamViewer Manager or the Computer & Contacts list (aka Partner list in older versions), you can connect to those devices and perform the remote update.

The questions was 
@Nathan026 wrote:

With over 1000 TeamViewer hosts in our contact list all on different versions, is there a simple way to get a list of the hosts and their versions? This would help us make the new deadline.

Specyfically:
"is there a simple way to get a list of the hosts and their versions?"

My Conclusion:

The problem is how to prevent problems, i.e. how do I know where the old versions are, of course without logging into remote hosts.

The point is not to log on to unnecessary hosts that are up-to-date.

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

Highlighted
Posted by TWhidden
Neutron

100% why I just looked at this thread.  We have hundreds of connections. Dont want to connect to each one. If TV knows the version of TV, why cant they put like a nice Icon on the screen so we know what one needs to be updated.   That would be a huge huge help!  

Also, we didnt get that email, and this isn't enough time.  This is going to cause some serious ripples for people, including us. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

[Update II] Re-activation of TeamViewer in version 5, 6 and 7 until February 5th, 2020

Hi all,

Thank you for the feedback provided.

I understand that the timeline for the deactivation of old TeamViewer versions could be tight for some users, but we need to move forward with this initiative.

We communicated the sun-setting of older versions of TeamViewer on December 12th, 2019 and that the ability for those older versions to work would cease on January 15th, 2020.

To give a bit of extra time to those customers who haven‘t finished their updates
yet, we have extended that January 15th-window by 2 weeks. We will not be able to extend that window any further than February 6th, 2020

We ask that you update your old TeamViewer clients. After February 6th, 2020, TeamViewer 8 and later versions will still function and receive updates.

Thank you for your understanding, and please accept our apologies for any
inconvenience this causes you!

Best,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by fogelfish
Henagon

I started with a perpetual version 6 license.  I use this to support our customers.

I upgraded my license to version 9 and was successful at that.  It is now at v9.0.224135.  I then created a Quick Support module for my customers.  In my testing of that I see it too is v9.0.224135.

However, when I installed the Quick Support module on one of my computers and then attempted to connect to it from my licensed software, I was informed that "The remote TeamViewer is running an old version which is out of date.  Therefore you cannot connect to this Version anymore."

Both versions are identical, and the whole purpose of this upgrade path for perpetual license holders of legacy versions was so that we could continue to use TeamViewer and for many of us to support our customers using (now) version 9.  Why can't I connect to the Quick Support module?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @fogelfish 

Thanks for your message.

From the error message you described it looks like the license was not active on the device you were connecting from or the TeamViewer Account, you were logged in to.

Would you mind checking under Help --> About TeamViewer what it says about your license?

If I am correct, you simply need to activate the license again on the device.

I hope this info helps,

Esther

Community Manager

Highlighted
Posted by Infokrak
Electron

I have two licenses ( 7 change to 9 and 13 )

This solution don't work for me - always i download QuickSupport in version 13 not 9

Highlighted
Posted by awestveer
Henagon

Many of our customers are running Windows XP (embedded) with a branded TV Quick Host and a fixed TV password. I want to prepare a new branded Quick Host 9 with a fixed password, but the trouble is that I can not create a branded version relase 9 from within the TV Management Console Design & Deploy. Also with downloading older version this is not able to do.

What do you suggest?

Greefa

Community Manager

Hi @awestveer 

Thanks for your post.

Did you make sure that the license for TeamViewer 9 is activated on the TeamViewer account you are using for creating the customized Host module?

Please see this article for more information: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Announcements/New-updates-for-TeamViewer-8-14/m-p/81825#toc-hId-...

Thanks and best,

Esther

Community Manager

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by andreaga
Henagon

I also have a similar problem. I managed to create the QS v9 by entering my profile and change the license version to 9 but it does not take my fixed password.

Highlighted
Posted by fogelfish
Henagon

One of my licensed users apparently did not have to apply the original license once TeamViewer was updated, and so I didn't either, but that was the problem.  I had to apply my original license after I upgraded to version 9.  Now I can connect to other version 9 free clients.

Highlighted
Posted by Guigabr
Electron

Re: [Update] New updates for TeamViewer 8 - 14

Ok in the systems it runs, I updated, but how can I use wen the version 9 not runs? like in the Live XP located in Hiren's BootCD 15.2 ? any ideia? the 9QS version shows this errorRemote session.png

Highlighted
Posted by tecnicoidecon
Digon

Dears, 

when you say that the older version would still be active until the 5th of February, you mean that even the 5th are online, or we can consider the upgrade campaign applicable until the 23:59 of the 4th?

Thanks, 

Highlighted
Posted by stephenkamin
Henagon

Re: [Update] New updates for TeamViewer 8 - 14

our team viewer desktop is currently v11...

but our remote applet was created back in version 5 or 6...

our issue is this applet resides on ALL of our clients computes and is only activated when we ask them for access....so...now what? We were unaware this applet would expire....