Posted by WindowsProUser
Trigon

Re: Since upgrading to windows 10 Pro

What form to fill in there is nothing there?

I have emailed them and nothing provided feedback and nothing.  I sometimes connect to Dads computer who lives in Tauranga and one of my other mates in Hamilton, but apart from that its all on my home network.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro (1903), Phanteks eclipse P400 TGE tower, Intel i7 8700 @3.20GHz, EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, 2x 24" Widescreen FHD 1080p monitors, 16 Gigs of ram DDR4's PC4-21300, 250GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD.

Others: Eset IS (Latest version), CCleaner Pro, Adwcleaner, Firefox (Latest version).
Posted by WindowsProUser
Trigon

Re: Using free version but after 1 or 5 minute later it was closed.

@LandRocket wrote:

All you can do is fill in the online form, and wait for them to get back to you....

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Thank you.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro (1903), Phanteks eclipse P400 TGE tower, Intel i7 8700 @3.20GHz, EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, 2x 24" Widescreen FHD 1080p monitors, 16 Gigs of ram DDR4's PC4-21300, 250GB SSD, and a 2TB HDD.

Others: Eset IS (Latest version), CCleaner Pro, Adwcleaner, Firefox (Latest version).
Posted by WindowsProUser
Trigon

Re: Using free version but after 1 or 5 minute later it was closed.

@shimul wrote:

Hi,

I am using free virsion of teamviter and also personal use only, when I am remortly connected than it show a message( please see the image) . I am using only frr and personal use only so why it occurd?

Capture.JPG

This is exactly the same problem that I'm having too.

Posted by WindowsProUser
Trigon

Re: Since upgrading to windows 10 Pro

I found another user having the same problem so I got the link from there and filled it out.

@JackHK wrote:

Change another computer! Just kidding!

In fact it's not related to which Window you use, that relates to the user pattern and time, TV tracks everything! Please fill in the form and wait, good luck!

Posted by WindowsProUser
Trigon

Re: I am teamviewer using not commercial

@pv7721 wrote:

@pvdlee : here you go:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/

or this one, I'm not sure what's the difference between the two of them:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Thank you.

Posted by LandRocket
Digon

The "personal use verification" link is for if, when you installed TeamViewer, you selected the option for "commercial use" or for "both personal/commercial use"

Doing so automatically puts your TeamViewer account into a time-limited demo mode (think it's 30 days) which means after this, all connections will flag up a notice, whereas the commercial use link is for if you've been using TeamViewer for personal usage, and they've flagged your account due to usage patterns or however else they decide this - sometimes it does baffle me.

Unfortunately, there is NO other way of contacting TeamViewer if you are a free user.  I'm in the same position, I've waited 7 days so far, no email to say they even received my form; so all I can do is wait.  I've copied the logs from both machines and zipped them in case TeamViewer support contact me, but it is just a waiting game :(

Posted by WindowsProUser
Trigon

@LandRocket wrote:

The "personal use verification" link is for if, when you installed TeamViewer, you selected the option for "commercial use" or for "both personal/commercial use"

Doing so automatically puts your TeamViewer account into a time-limited demo mode (think it's 30 days) which means after this, all connections will flag up a notice, whereas the commercial use link is for if you've been using TeamViewer for personal usage, and they've flagged your account due to usage patterns or however else they decide this - sometimes it does baffle me.

Unfortunately, there is NO other way of contacting TeamViewer if you are a free user.  I'm in the same position, I've waited 7 days so far, no email to say they even received my form; so all I can do is wait.  I've copied the logs from both machines and zipped them in case TeamViewer support contact me, but it is just a waiting game :(

Thats slack that they have not gotten back to you yet.

Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

I've been waiting for 6 months now.... good luck!

Posted by WindowsProUser
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Does that include you guys accusing some of us using it for commercial use when we're not? It's slowly seeming that you guys are trying to force people to pay for something that is supposed to be "free" and with your phone support and how rude they are I wont be paying for a license for something that I am accused of.

Posted by WindowsProUser
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer 14 Preview

Make teamviewer actually free for personal use, not to trick us into paying us nor accusing us of using it for commercial use.  Makes me feel like teamviewer just wants money that I dont have.

Posted by WindowsProUser
Trigon

Its in the logs!  The logs are the fault for this, when you delete the first log and replace it with the old log it works like it should.  Also teamviewers site on here I think it was says:

"Using TeamViewer to help family and friends without receiving any financial compensation is considered personal use. "

But yet they try and say we are using it for commercial use.  They just want money.  and FYI there so called customer support is rude, very rude.  And there is no free one apart from on here.

Posted by GoNz0
Digon

3 tickets over 3 months unanswered about suspected commercial use.

I have to say the attitude stinks, I have had the commercial use warning for 3 months, I have filled in the from 3 times and never get an answer.

Posted by Gecks
Henagon

Re: 3 tickets over 3 months unanswered about suspected commercial use.

Same issue. I have contacted them once....they said they fixed it as i use the computers at home for gaming......same problem again.

I have a usb to ethernet server so i can use a mouse and keyboard in a different part of my house. They must think people only use them for work purposes or something. 😣

Posted by Gecks
Henagon

Re: 3 tickets over 3 months unanswered about suspected commercial use.

Come on teamviewer....please fix these false positives.

I cant justify paying you monthly when i literally login a handful of times a week.

Posted by KingGold171
Henagon

Commercial Use Suspected

This is the 3rd time I've had this popup since i've had a TeamViewer Account.
On previous occurences I filled out the decleration of Private Use Form and provided all needed logs to prove Private/Personal Use.

This time it appears it has been rejected and asked to buy a Commercial Licence for £500($558). After Speaking to a Sales rep "Apparently" using a Mobile Device to connect to a Home PC is classed as commercial due to the ability to being "anywhere" and the ability to connect to "any device".

I only ever use...
●Mobile Phone
●Home PC
●Home Server (2nd PC running the home network share and storage.
Which fully complies with PRIVATE & Personal use.

Yes the pattern may be irregular and switches between 3 devices but it is only ever myself with access, and all devices are linked to same TeamViewer aaccount, and ID's have remained the same over the years (other than update from 9-digits to 10-digits)

It makes little to no sence why a TeamViewer App freely provided would be classed as commercial when if it was a paid for feature would force verification of a paid subscription before being useage?

Would like to be able to discuss the situation with a human, and not a sales rep trying to force a sale with "tactics"
Posted by mozo
Trigon

Re: Remote connection disconnects after 5 minutes

It's unbelievable but the TeamViewer team contacted me and they solved my problem!

"Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”."

Thanks you support team!!!

Posted by LandRocket
Digon

Got my email yesterday (24/6/19)

Must have been the day yesterday :)
Posted by WindowsProUser
Trigon

Re: Commercial Use Suspected

I think they are doing that with a lot of people, because i am having that problem since updating.  Its frustrating, and yet their thing is if you have been helping family and friends and get NO money for it, then its classed as private.  I have emailed them heaps of times and they still don't do a **bleep** things about it.

Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

R u sure that works? did you try?

I rec'd similar email 6 weeks after I filled in the form... but the reality is my account still blocked till 6 months now! 

Good luck!

Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Agreed totally!

Posted by mozo
Trigon

Yes, I tried it and it works :)

Posted by JackHK
Pentagon

Unbelievable!

Posted by leossmith
Henagon

Did anyone managed to solve this? One of my pcs has been tagged as used for commercial use and I keep sending the form for a while now, but noone replies.

Posted by Kylian01
Trigon

I did get a reply and they where saying i use it commercial what i am not doing i am just a guy with a hobby for computters and have a cople of them and i like to remote control them

Posted by LandRocket
Digon

Seriously there needs to be an intermediary licence between commercial and free.

I can get a Windows VPS for 3GBP a month, but better not use TeamViewer on it as that will **bleep** my account. But a lot of the alternatives dont work with my accessibility tools (I use a SGD aka a PC with eye gaze to access tech) which means I'm a lot slower than most folk at accessing my own resources or my mum - that's the only people I have on my Teamviewer account. Think its 6 devices without looking. So I'm more likely to get flagged as I do need to be connected for long periods of time.

That's why when it stops working it really stuffs me up.

I will pay for that, but I haven't got £500 a year to do that, not on disability benefits
Posted by leossmith
Henagon

So basicaly they are tagging random pcs or ips in order to push people to buy the commercial license even for private use.

This is very nice...

Posted by LandRocket
Digon

I must admit I would have liked to know what happened this last time

My connection should have been LAN-LAN as I was accessing from living room to kitchen, same wifi connection on both. Cant get more local than that.
Posted by TheComputerHypn
Henagon

Re: personal use

I'm having the exact same problem. Connected to my home from a hotel room. submitted personal use declaration form. not good enough for TV. Regardless of their response, their policies HAVE changed. They offered me a single commercial license for $500+. Are you kidding me? Time to find another solution. Bye bye TV. Your policies and prices will eventually cause you to crash and burn.

Posted by WRFB
Henagon

Re: personal use

How long does it take for the commercial flag to be reset?  I have received my "yes you are definitely only doing non-commercial so we will unflag you" email 3 days ago, but the commercial restrictions are still in place.  I requested it for an account that handles 3 puters at a volunteer organisation from my home puter.  All remote puters have been restarted.

regards,

Posted by chc
Photon

Re: This is redicilous: TV thinks I am using commercially, and offers no way to appeal.

I too have had this ... I last used this to support my mother on teh other side of the world ... about 6 months ago. Now I wanted to do so again and I get a notice sayig that I am using it for commercial use! As you say, ridiculous! Clearly there is a problem with their detection algorithm.

Posted by g4ugm
Digon

Re: This is redicilous: TV thinks I am using commercially, and offers no way to appeal.

I filled in the feedback  in the app with my e-mail address and had my free access restored...

Posted by starega
Electron

same problem

Posted by StarNamer
Henagon

I was effectively blocked nearly a year ago and got my account reset to free, but that was when you could email support. Now the submit a ticket says it will only accept licensed users.

I used to use TeamViewer to connect to my home PC from my work PC and suspect that the iisue is the work end, which is obviously running in an enterprise domain.

The last few times I tried it, it allowed me a session which must have lasted barely a minute - enough time to open 2 web pages - before it closed it and said I couldn't reconnect for about 15 minutes. I looked for somewhere to request my ID be reset (again) but coulkdn't find anywhere. From other replies, I suspect it would only get blocked again.

[removed per Community Guidelines - Sales/solicitation policy]

Obviously TV isn't interested in its free users any more as it doesn't make any money out them.

Posted by F1nchy
Digon

Same problem here. I installed it on my Synology NAS to see how it works on it and now I get the message pop up most times I run Teamviewer, despite me only using it at home for my own personal use and occasionally helping family when they have computer problems.

No way to create a support ticket as I'm a free user with no license, bit of a catch 22....

:(

Posted by g4ugm
Digon

Use the feedback menu to give feedback. Seemed to work for me... 

@chc wrote:

I too have had this ... I last used this to support my mother on teh other side of the world ... about 6 months ago. Now I wanted to do so again and I get a notice sayig that I am using it for commercial use! As you say, ridiculous! Clearly there is a problem with their detection algorithm.

Posted by jor5
Henagon

Hi all,

Just got automatically flagged as commercial use detected. Nothing has changed on my end and ive used their online form to request that it's reset. I found it a little suspicious though and had a little lightbulb moment and searched my email to see when I first installed it. Turns out it was 27 June 2018. I can't imagine it's a coincidence that they've flagged me after I've gone over 1 year of use.

It's definitely not commercial though, just using my mobile to connect to my home PC for convenience.
Posted by jor5
Henagon

Just installed **Third Party Product** to get back up and running. Guess I've got the best part of a week to try it out before TV unlock me, presuming they do! 🤣
Posted by jor5
Henagon

Oh hilarious, you filter out the word ***information removed by Moderator***?? How paranoid do you have to be? 😂

Posted by arthurd123
Photon

Re: hi, my account  not bussiness , not bussiness action, please unlock ,thanks

I have the same issue it's apalling the way TemViewer has treated users recently with their silly new updates. 

Posted by Tkz
Photon

I feel your pain, they've done it to my account as well
Posted by Fakestshemp
Electron

Same, getting the commercial use issue despite having all of about 10 pc's in my connection list and connecting to only about 3 of them with any regularity (my really incompetent friends). If I'm a business I'll be homeless soon :\

Posted by NTS-Service
Henagon

Same as my Account

Posted by NTS-Service
Henagon

Same in my case.. ist not nice whats Teamviewer do

Posted by NTS-Service
Henagon

Re: Kommerzielle Nutzung festgestellt. WAS NICHT STIMMT!

Habe das gleiche Problem.

Posted by leossmith
Henagon

So after years of using teamviewer they decide to treat us like this. It would be more honest to say, we decided to limite free users to some devices or anything.

I started using *** third party product*** which works as should, as TV doesn't want to reply on my form. Sad.

[edited due to our  User Guidelines]

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hello there,

thank you all for your comments and welcome to the Community :)

Please read this article and fill out the form, contained in it: Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected' 

Please understand that we receive a lot of requests from all over the world and our dedicated team needs time to process all requests.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Have a nice day! Happy Monday!
Alena

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

13 Replies
Posted by LandRocket
Digon

Hello, and many thanks for the reply.

I still think it would be nice to at least receive an automated response saying the form has been filled in and that you will investigate in due course.

I'd also like the option to send in logs, as I'm always happy to prove what I'm doing.

As a VOCA user (speech generation device) it's important that I can access my own PCs with TV, and it does take me longer than most.

Posted by leossmith
Henagon

@AlenaC wrote:

Hello there,

thank you all for your comments and welcome to the Community :)

Please read this article and fill out the form, contained in it: Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected' 

Please understand that we receive a lot of requests from all over the world and our dedicated team needs time to process all requests.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Have a nice day! Happy Monday!
Alena

Although it is nice to hear from you, even from here, I have been sending you the form for more than 2 months now. Not even an automated reply, nothing. At least make an announcement that the new update causes this so people can avoid it. I hope you solve this soon, if it is indeed a problem.

Posted by Hwoarang45
Henagon

Re: New TV 12 expires for free use?

i just got the same pop up, after many years installing teamviewer in my pc, so dissapointed as i hardly use it, max maybe 2 to 3 times a week for few minutes session. What i hate most is being accused of something i did not do, like stealing their app for commercial use. 

Now i opt for **Third Party Product** on chrome browser instead, its free and non intrusive without any large download and background resource hogging. Best of all no one accuse you of using their apps for commercial gain. 

Posted by Fragerjap
Henagon

5 minutes limit

Hello, please remove a connection limit for my Iphone device (Version 14.3.2 CL, TeamViewer ID: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**) to my PC (Version 14.3.4730, TeamViewer ID: **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**). I'm using a free version of TeamViewer.

I use my phone to play games from my PC (sometimes even when I at home in bed or another room) or to check some photos or memos when I am away. Some connections may be as long as several hours with just a bit of clicking, I have a log file from my phone:

[Removed per Community Guidelines]

I've tried to address the issue via desktop app, but it seems it is meant for reviews only.

There is a similar topic here:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-14/Remote-connection-disconnects-after-5-minutes/td-p...