Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@Aamcqu : ok so we finally know it: from now on we're supposed to be using only in the home / private network, and not accross the Internet (i.e. the TV network), because otherwise we'll all get eventually flagged.

Ok so we're not supposed to discuss pricing, but how about a personal licence?!?

• OnlyMy2Cents
    OnlyMy2Cents Posts: 2 ✭✭

I received this message from you on 8/8/19:

========================================================================

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

========================================================================

BUT I STILL GET THE MESSAGE THAT THINKS I'M USING TEAMVIEWER AS A BUSINESS AND IT IS TIMING ME OUT RIGHT AWAY, CAN'T EVEN LOG INTO A SESSION. I am not sure what the problem is, could you please recheck why this isn't resetting? I have sent many messages since you sent me the original email saying I was reset to free personal, but am not getting a reply.  My TeamViewer ID is **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

I appreciate any assistance you can give to me.  Thank you.

• falcongrey
    falcongrey Posts: 1

I have the same issue....

• I didn't even get the option to send a declaration >:/

• duderonomy
    duderonomy Posts: 14 ✭✭

I am also the type of personality to go for the low-hanging fruit, first! 

I am hopeful that this is a defect introduced into their code. Though, I would not be surprised if the attempt to change the heuristic is a result of management wanting to increase sales. So, why not improve the "hits" on potential cheaters! 

Or it may not be the greedy case at all.

Perhaps it is a new bug in the connection layer of the latest upgrade that creates the conditions that trigger the existing cheat-detection code to flag the user as a cheater? 

Regardless, it is probably causing problems with thousands of legitimate non-commercial Users. Far less than 1% may go to the trouble to jump through the hoops to talk about it here. 

In the case of this being driven by the desire to increase revenues, I suppose there is not much downside of these change by the company to reduce free loading; other than alienating people that probably would not have purchased the product any time soon, if at all. And these experiences may make that a certainty.  

• attorney
    attorney Posts: 9 ✭✭

I am too tired of this. Between using **Third Party Product** and **Third Party Product**, I will make do. The programs are not as good but I can't tolerate such poor treatment. I am not allowed to pay a small fee for use so it's either pay a huge fee or free+relentless false accusations. It's ridiculous! So I'm deleting.

• johnzageek
    johnzageek Posts: 11 ✭✭
    They are doing the same to me. And worse!
  • duderonomy
    duderonomy Posts: 14 ✭✭

The company should fix their software instead of force everybody to send a support request. 

It will likely cost the company less payroll expense to ask the engineering dept to fix the stupid bug that was introduced into the latest build; as opposed to processing thousands of support requests. Their process is clearly is not automated because many legitmate free users have already waited several weeks for a response. 

The company's policy is stated very clearly and it does not sound encouraging to me. I only have one computer so if it is marked commercial then the company has basically labelled me as an unauthorized user (a cheater). I do not appreciate being treated this way. 

...connections to devices
    which are flagged as commercial
    are not possible even if your device
    has been reset to personal use.

I do not want this company to waste my time. I will find a competing product before I will submit a support request. 

They have damaged the TeamViewer brand.

I am glad I do not work for this company as I would be so disappointed in my leadership. 

• hfly
    hfly Posts: 1

I've only used TV for personal use, but one of my computers got flagged and I had no idea why. From reading some of the posts, it could be frequently using it on a commercial network like a coffee shop or school, even though reading through the guidelines I thought I was safe because I am only using the computer for personal use, and only to connect to another personal computer, and I dont use TV that frequently.
    I filled out the form, and we'll see. Too bad TV doesnt see fit to offer personal licenses with a small yearly fee as another option, but fortunately at least one other company does.

• HalP
    HalP Posts: 1

I have tried this solution and filled out the form explaining my usage. They replied saying my ID has been reset to free. However when I attempt to use it it still displays the same error message that I must purchase a commercial license. Nothing changed. Do I need to do something more?

• Having the same problem (no response to correct the assess problem even after a week).  Have statted a search for a resonable alternative

• attorney
    attorney Posts: 9 ✭✭

LOL! The bleep was for saying D A R N. I mean, really ??!!?? :D:D:D

@attorney wrote:

So I deleted TeamViewer from my devices, they would release the lock and it would immediately reassert. As far as I can tell the problem stems from trying their Ubuntu app, I was curious how it would work on Linux and it immediately triggered the commercial use notice, EVEN THOUGH I was at home connecting on my home network. Bizarre. I think they removed the restriction a few times over the last few weeks but it kept suddenly reappearing and before Ubuntu I had no issues probably since last year. So anyway I got too **bleep** irritated at the accusations and deleted the software. My solution is installing *Third Party Product*, [removed per Community Guidelines]. None of this is by any means convenient but when someone is relentlessly accusing me, I feel it is right to take them out of my personal and business life. I cannot promote them in any situation at this point.

• s8
    s8 Posts: 3

same **bleep** happening to me.. time to change service providers. Thanks for the great software while it lasted.  I'm sorry you decided to start using some **bleep** algorithm to 'detect' non-personal sessions.

While yes, I do have more than 20 computers on my account they are ALL personal use not commercial.  yet I can't teamviewer from my garage to my bedroom anymore because it thinks I'm commercial use.

Stupid.  I'll never buy a commercial license simply because of this stupid baseless functionality.... I'm installing nomachine now as I type this, at least I won't have to deal with all thisbullshit.

Also, why don't you have a message to warn people that scammers use your software to rip people off? there should be a big red bold warning on the download page that says MICROSOFT WILL NEVER CALL YOU AND ASK FOR YOU TO INSTALL TEAMVIEWER.

You guys used to be AWESOME.... now I see you're just another company that can't keep it's promises to consumers FREE/non-commercial use is apparently not a thing anymore. If you use teamviewer with more than 1 pc then you must be commercial is how it appears to me.

• s8
    s8 Posts: 3

which company ? i'd really love to switch because up til TV 11 this was a GREAT software.

• Watch out everyone. If you user Teamviewer from a hotel room to access your home pc (which I did) - Teamviewer will not claim that you are using it for commercial use and shut down your access to your "home pc" and will have their sales try to sale you on paying **Please Do Not Discuss Pricing** for the service. So much for their free service anymore. Make sure you have a backup plan to access your pc, just in case they do this to you as well.

Also, when I spoke with the rep. about filling out a form to explain that I only use Teamviewer for personal use, I asked how long it would take to respond and the rep. stated it would take about 2 weeks.    Guess you get what you pay for when you are using their free version.  

• tv_ht
    tv_ht Posts: 1

Hi I'm mistakenly marked as commercial user, but I'm using it for only personal use. Could you remove the commercial block please?

• I think TeamViewer wants to force everyone using TeamViewer to buy a license. Despite their false advertising to the contrary, apparently they only allow free use during a trial period.

I have filed request after request after request explaining my use is strictly personal but they never respond nor does my copy of Teamviewer allow more than a few seconds of connectively.

I'll say one thing.. if I DO purchase a remote desktop product, it won't be this one

• I have.. SEVERAL TIMES

to no avail......