TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Is allowing a company to provide me with support considered commercial?

It would be helpful if somone from the company would please respond to my question. Thank you.

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

HI @Closed account ,

thank you for your post. Welcome to the community!

Since the company is going to provide you support, they should have a license to connect to you. If this is the case, no commercial use flag :)

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi Alena,

I sent a ticket in explaining I am not using TeamViewer commercially and requested to have my free personal use restored. The response indicated, "Based on the volume of inquiries that we receive, we ask you to please be patient in awaiting a response."

Do you know, roughly, how long I need to be patient? Is hours, days, or weeks? i can handle hours, and probably even days, but I'm definitely hoping it won't be weeks. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

@Nightowl1016 wrote:

Hi Alena,

I sent a ticket in explaining I am not using TeamViewer commercially and requested to have my free personal use restored. The response indicated, "Based on the volume of inquiries that we receive, we ask you to please be patient in awaiting a response."

Do you know, roughly, how long I need to be patient? Is hours, days, or weeks? i can handle hours, and probably even days, but I'm definitely hoping it won't be weeks. 

Thanks.

I wouldn't hold your breath on a response any time soon if ever.

I messaged them over a month ago and still heard nothing, like most of the contributors on here. I recommend , again like others have mentioned on here use an alternative and keep Teamviewer in reserve for now.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

@Midjet76 wrote:

@Nightowl1016 wrote:

Hi Alena,

Thanks.

I messaged them over a month ago and still heard nothing, like most of the contributors on here. I recommend , again like others have mentioned on here use an alternative and keep Teamviewer in reserve for now.

Thanks for the tip. Are their other offerings you would recommend considering? i found TeamViewer easy to install, configure, and use.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

[removed per Community Guidelines]

@Nightowl1016 wrote:

@Midjet76 wrote:

@Nightowl1016 wrote:

Hi Alena,

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip. Are their other offerings you would recommend considering? i found TeamViewer easy to install, configure, and use.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Teamviewer 15 and Teamviewer Host 15 license

@JeanK,

Thanks  for the reply.

If I were to run TeamViewer Quick Support on a commerical pc and I  connect to it using my personal pc, does that infringe any regulations too?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

often blockt even i use only privat

often i get blokt even i use tv only privat

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: TeamViewer support is not answering more than 2 weeks

Still no answer here nor here from moderators nor on email during almost a month!

Could someone from Teamviewer team answer finally please?

@Esther @JeanK @apapakostas @JoshP @Nadin1 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Teamviewer Commercial Use Detected - Mac to Windows only

3 tickets submitted on this issue and STILL no response!  4 weeks now I have been trying to get this fixed.  The two most critical items that an IT Professional will expect:  

1. A product that FUNCTIONS as intended or advertised.

2. When said product DOES NOT functions as intended or advertised, a RELIABLE support mechanism to resolve the issues in a timely fashion.  

Are my expectations too high that neither of these two items are being met here?

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

I've got the same problem, teamviewer telling me i'm using it commercially, send 2 tickets around 3 weeks ago.
I'm pretty much done with Team Viewer. It really sucks big time. No WAY i'm going to pay 9 dollars a month for personal use.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Same problem here, Teamviewer is telling me i'm a commercial user.
send 2 tickets around 3 weeks ago, never got any response. No Way i'm going to pay 9 dollars a month for only personal use. 
Pretty much done with teamviewer, it really sucks like this.

Posted by
Henagon

I use TeamViewer privatly to manage my game accounts on laptops (noprofit) got degraded

I use TeamViewer privatly to manage my game accounts on laptops (noprofit).

I got degraded to 5 minute sessions and it makes it impossible for me to play like that. I dont use TeamVeawer commercially in any way. I use it to acces my game accounts on other laptops in my home from my main laptop. Can this be fixed and repaired to normal like it was in the past?

Thq

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Free Version (personal, registered) Immediate Time Out and Won't Allow Access

Hello! I have the free version of TeamViewer and I went through the process of getting it recognized as such with TeamViewer.

Today, I logged into my remote computer (astronomical computer in the back yard) after not using having logged in for severals days. TeamViewer logged me out after a minute and notified me that frequent log-ins were not allowed. It would allow log-in a minutyte later at "8:10."

At 8:10, I tried to log in. Same result, but now the time was "8:11." At 8:11, the same result, but the time was now 8:12.. I tried 5 minutes later, at 8:17, and the time was now 8:18.

What's up? Best regards.

Mike

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Free Version (personal, registered) Immediate Time Out and Won't Allow Access

Update - It allowed sign on after 15 minutes. Connected for a minute and disconnected. Same timing messages as before.

Mike

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: I use TeamViewer privatly to manage my game accounts on laptops (noprofit) got degraded

@Sputnik007      if you look around here in the "community", you will see many complaints about this alleged commercial use. I have to admit that there are individual users who apparently do not even understand the difference between private and commercial use... ...but most of the complaints seem to me to be justified. Unfortunately, this issue overshadows all others.... I had hoped for a solution when I signed up here...and then hoped for topics that are so generally discussed in "communities". I have given that up now and use other programs ... after more than 10 years I was able / allowed to control my computers very well with TV. And I can advise this to everybody who has to deal with this problem of the Teamviewer...

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: I use TeamViewer privatly to manage my game accounts on laptops (noprofit) got degraded

Very sad, but very true

@kwilleke wrote:

@Sputnik007      if you look around here in the "community", you will see many complaints about this alleged commercial use. I have to admit that there are individual users who apparently do not even understand the difference between private and commercial use... ...but most of the complaints seem to me to be justified. Unfortunately, this issue overshadows all others.... I had hoped for a solution when I signed up here...and then hoped for topics that are so generally discussed in "communities". I have given that up now and use other programs ... after more than 10 years I was able / allowed to control my computers very well with TV. And I can advise this to everybody who has to deal with this problem of the Teamviewer...

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Help me my tablet > pc

Help me please .. I can not use the program. I mistakenly think that the commercial version but it’s not! I connect via tablet to my desktop home computer and that’s it. please help remove the restriction on the use of the program.
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: Your license has a maximum session duration.

Has there been a fix for this? 

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

LEGAL TROUBLES for Teamviewer -Personal Use - Class Action Lawsuit

RE:   Teamviewer can’t just randomly refuse free personal use service to some families while giving free personal use to other families of the same exact structure. 

I have used teamviewer for years to help my 86 year old father at his home 2 hours away.  Mind you I have been doing this for years.   The same IP address's from my house and his.  No other use.   We may use it a lot in one month and then go 6 months without using it at all. 

While my 80 year old mother was hospitalized a couple months ago I used teamviewer to access some of her medical records at my home from the hospital using the hospital wireless.   Now when I go to help my father it disconnects me and tells me I have to buy a commercial license.   

"Teamviewer should be aware that the law allows them to refuse to serve someone even if they’re in a protected group, but the refusal can’t be arbitrary and you can’t apply it to just one group of people."  To avoid being arbitrary, there must be a reason for refusing service and you must be consistent. "    Teamviewer can’t just randomly refuse "personal use" service to some families for no reason.  Teamviewer should know they must apply their personal use policy to all families including father - daughter families or no families at all. Teamviewer also can’t have a policy that sounds like it applies to everyone but really just includes one particular group of "special" "families" and discriminates against other families.  

This is the legal trouble Teamviewer will have to deal with if they don't fix this problem fast.  The continuous disconnecting me from my elderly father and attempting to classify my father and I as commercial use when we clearly are not is going to cause issues.    They need to decide whether personal use is for all families or no families.  Not just some families.  

This discriminatory treatment of customers from teamviewer  needs to be fixed fast otherwise all of us families they are discriminating against are going to bring a class action lawsuit against this company.  

Free For Personal Use - TeamViewer (1).pngFree For Personal Use - TeamViewer.png

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Connection disconnects after 1 minute

For the second time my private account is flagged as commercial use.

The first time was in November 2019, after investigation, you qualified my account as personal. And this personal use is stil the case, the only thing changed is my location, which caused a different "from" ip adres, but my account and "to" ID is still the same.

After this second flag, connections are disconnected after one minute.

My already send resets are still not proccessed.

The customer support is a joke.Phone and ticket support isn't available and ander after emailing to support@teamviewer.com I got a reply you also discontinued email support.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Free Use?

Hello, I am using Team Viewer Free to help my elderly mother when she has quetions or problems with her computer, or needs help learning / remembering how to use different software.  This is all I use it for.  When we log off, we always get a message "This session was Free, but Free is only available for personal use.  Buy user license here"  or something like that.  Is there a "FREE" user license or something I need to do?  Is there a limit to how many "FREE" sessions we can do before being blocked?

Thanks, Dan

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

TimeOuts problem

Please help, everytime I login team, I was kick out with a message "timeouts" how can I fix this problem ?

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Commercial Use

Hi there God folks

this is the 3rd time that teamviwver cuts of my teamviwer for commersial use 

the only thing i use it for is to connect from work to my home computer to listen to spotify and Acast for pods. due to my workplace dosent allow to download new programs.

i have to wait not 7days again for the 3rd time to get some **bleep** help 

isent there some other way to get this done. was in middle of a pod haha

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Free Version (personal, registered) Immediate Time Out and Won't Allow Access

I have been having this problem as well.  It has been going on for a couple of months, I do see any resolution to the issue being posted.  I am looking for another program to access my mom's computer in another state.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Commercial Use Detected

I am having the Commercial Use Detected problem.  I had the same problem many months ago and it was resolved and my TV was set back to free, now it has happened again.  I submitted a ticket, but it was more than 7 days ago and still no one has contacted me nor has my TV been reset to free.  Why is there no way to speak to anyone about this and it's so difficult to resolve??

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Unable to connect

2019-12-15_17h06_54.png

Why?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Unable to connect

Never made money from Team. How to restart the id?

Letter- wrote. Do not answer

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Commercial Use

Completely agree!  I have been waiting for more than 7 days with NO response.  

Highlighted
Posted by
Pentagon

Re: Commercial Use Detected

No company could be this incompetent. The simple fact is they want us free users to be **bleep**ed off and find something else while they still pretend they are free for non-commercial use.

Just look at the facts. this problem has been going on for years and there are close to 100 pages of contributions. And that doesn't count the posts that have been deleted like this one probably will be.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Which ever "Manager" who thought up this very sub-optimal scheme should perhaps be given another task...one much less damaging to Team Viewer.
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Hi,

I started a chat with TeamViewer Support regarding this error.

If you are not aware, TeamViewer *monitors* the network that you are conducting your Remote Control sessions on.

In my case, I was using TeamViewer on my employer's network to connect to my personal laptop for troubleshooting.

Even though the usage was personal, the network it was conducted on was commercial - and that, apparently, is what TeamViewer is focusing on.  This is according to TeamViewer support agent, Angie.

So, if you are receiving the "commercial use detected" error and you're initiating the session over a business network, you'll either have to apply for an exemption or conduct your session on a public network.

A personal VPN may work to circumvent this detection, but I have not verified this.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

There are a lot of users that have been unjustifiably cut off. The question is how does TV know what commercial is or not? Very obviously TV does not know.
Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Hello,

How do I apply to an exemption? I use TeamViewer to connect from my employer's network to my home network for browsing, music etc which is filtered out on the corporate network.

Cheers,

Alex

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Here is Section B.3.4 of the EULA:

3.4.Scope of use for Free Version.

The use of the Free Version is solely permitted for the Customer’s own, private, non-commercial purposes (e.g. free computer support for a spouse/partner). The use of the Free Version for the exercise of the Customer’s own trade or profession or the use for purposes for which the Customer directly or indirectly receives compensation (e.g. team work with colleagues, free support provided to third parties which have bought software of the Customer) does not qualify as private use. End

It does not talk about the network, but about what is being done. It seems clear that TV is enforcing a different set of rules, or is taking the easy way out by using a simple-minded algorithm rather than an accurate determination of how TV is being used. Enforcement needs to match the EULA.

Highlighted
Posted by
Neutron

after reading through all this i dont feel so bad anymore.  i thought it was just me having this problem.  i mean i know i have a lot of devices in my house and like to help out my family with quick fixes but dag on... forcing me into commercial use without at least checking or some kind of warning to what could have trigged the conversion is down right **bleep**.  what needs to be done to have my account switched back and stay that way

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Dosconnect after few second and limit 5 min. Repeat.

Hello,

I use my product to connect to my remote server that doesn't have a monitor.
I don't get paid for it, so free lincene seems to be a good thing.

Recently, he still disconnects me after a few seconds and gets blocked for 5 minutes, and so all the time.

Earlier it worked without a problem.

At this point, I am forced to use other solutions that work much less well, because I can't afford to buy a license for the whole year.

Can you explain to me and give me more information.

Best Regards

Daria Wach

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: Dosconnect after few second and limit 5 min. Repeat.

I have the same problem. My Android app says that "commercial use detected". Then it closes after few seconds, and I can't connect anymore. I can't use the software at all. And I'm not using Teamviewer commercially. This started some time ago.

I have't even used Teamviewer except occasionally, and not for commercial use. Now I have to seek for alternative softwares if there's no solution.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Dosconnect after few second and limit 5 min. Repeat.

Same here and its getting old fast....

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Technical question

Hello, when connected to a remote computer, it throws me out after a few seconds, as it was suspected of commercial use. I have 5 devices connected: a personal computer, a personal smartphone, 2 parent computers (I help them sometimes on some issues), and a personal computer at work. I do not use team viewer for commercial purposes, please unlock my account

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

commercial use detected still

to be truthful im getting a little fed up of teamviewer i have been using the software for years but the last year i have had several false commercial use detected. the 1st time they reset my teamviewer id but now its not working on any of my families computers. when i go to connect i get pop up to say commercial use detected then kicks me off. i have sent four tickets up to now and recieved no reply. i also rang the 0208 number to be told get off the line this is for paid users and that i have to shut up and wait. i dont feel 4 weeks is satisfactory when it says on the site 7 days. if teamviewer cant get there act together can anyone recommend other free remote assistant progarms

Highlighted
Posted by
Neutron

Re: commercial use detected still

I've been using teamviewer free for years to help my friends, coworkers and my elderly parents.  for the last 6 months or so, I've been getting the same Commercial Use error.   Teamviewer support even looked into it and the deemed my account as free and reset it.  Now , the first time of trying to use it when my parents are having a windows update problem, I can't use it again because of some new algorithm is messing things up for us all.  I'm so perturbed right now, I'm so mad I can't take care of my mom.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Live customer service representative

I need to talk to a live representative to discuss the fact that I have never used nor have a need for commercial use but they have tagged me as a commercial user.  However, they don't respond to the requested information I sent in to show I am not a commercial user.  How do I contact someone at TV to discuss this?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

It gets even crazier.

I posted earlier how TeamViewer monitors and detects the network that you are using TeamViewer on.

In my case, I was using TeamViewer on my company's network.

I discovered that my company's TeamViewer *Enterprise* license expired on the same day I started getting "corporate use detected" warnings for my personal TeamViewer sessions.

Once my company paid-the-bill and the Enterpise license was restored for my company's network, then *all* TeamViewer sessions, corporate and personal, were successful.

So, if you're receiving the warning messages about corporate use, or you see your sessions suddenly turn to "Free-to-use" but expired, check with the network admin and/or the finance department of the network you are surfing from.

Also, the email that TeamViewer sends for expiring Enterprise licenses gets flagged as spam - making it even more difficult to monitor.

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Connection Blocked due to commercial use

I continue to get blocked from being able to connect to my PC from my Laptop. Teamviewer reason is I am using it for commercial use. This is not the case. I have tried to reach out to them on FaceBook and online. Nothing works. 

I use my laptop (which is slower than dirt) to connect to my PC so  I can browse the internet or update my budget. Really nothing more. 

I refuse to pay teamviewer for what should be free for personal use. Any help would be great. I have already complete a form that was suggested to my from their FB and they still block me. 

For the moment I use Chrome Remote Desktop to access my PC. At this point I should just go buy whatever I need to make my PC Wi-Fi compatable and be done with teamviewer all together. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Guys, I filled the form more than 1 month ago, and didn't get the answer from you. What is a problem here?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Your trial period has expired!

Guys, I filled the form of wrong commercial suspect more than 1 month ago, and didn't get the answer from you. I am using the Team Viewer only for personal purposes, but it's working only 1 minute now. What is a problem here?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Meet the Team

Can I have a explanation to why I have put a ticket in once a week the past 4 weeks and had no reply. Keep getting commercial usage detected. I am unable to use software on my family pc until its reset. I rang support line to be told get of the line and wait. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

personal user help request

Hello. I am a personal user. I am not a commercial user. I can't use it due to trial period error. Could you please help me?

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: personal user help request

I have sent a ticket for "commercial use detected", filled out the form and emailed it back in and still no response.  Why does this take so long to resolve, and why can't anyone take the time to respond to tickets/forms/inquiries??  This process is insanely long!