Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• matthew_10001
    matthew_10001 Posts: 1
    Options

I am retired, and use TV to help out only one person, my 86 year old father. He recently got a new computer. Logging into this over TV has triggered something into deciding I am a commercial user and refusing to let me connect for more than five seconds. How do I convince TV that I am not commercial and am operating fully within the terms of the private licence?

• Steevenapple
    Steevenapple Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hi there :)

Here I have a problem, it's when I try to connect to my pc which is linked to my account it tells me "connection blocked, connection impossible"

And the same when I try to connect in the other direction.

Does anyone have the solution?

Thanks

• Steevenapple
    Options
  • Steevenapple
    Options

As explained ALL my pc make the same error on several teamviewer installed and yes I tried to restart the service

• LorcanSeward
    LorcanSeward Posts: 1
    Options

Full message:

"We are sorry for the interruption. Your connection has been blocked because of very high activity level suggesting professional use. Please subscribe to license plan to continue"

1. I'm not using it for professional use.
    2. This is a terrible feature. Now I can't help my friends. Teamviewer seeing a high amount of activity shouldn't result in a ban. I've used it at most 1 time a day.

I am extremly dissapointed with the way TeamViewer handles this. At least get someone to investigate the activity first before automatically blocking people. **bleep**.

And there isn't any customer support which can help me. It's locked behind getting a license or having an invoice id or whatever. Absoulutely horrible.

• Q33NY
    Q33NY Posts: 0
    Options

Hi all,

Don't know if this has been already covered but I'm new so apologies if I've missed it.

I've had my account for quote a few years now as I'm helping my parents and my grandparents with computer issues when they need help. For about a year on the accounts I'm asked to upgrade my licence and I have limited time to use the remote session.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this? I'm not making money and I'm not supporting any people outside of my family (TeamViewer support can confirm this looking at my account)

Thank you!

• Zip_Ryan8
    Zip_Ryan8 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem!

I don't know how TeamViewer could judge my use is 'suspected of being commercial' when I use it at most once a month, on a weekend day typically, connecting to only one other party's remote computer, which is to help my 84 and 85 year old friends to make sure all is well on their computer. There is no money and no commercial activity involved.....but yet my account is blocked. Very disappointing.

Thx for any suggestions......

Zip

• Zip_Ryan8
    edited July 2022
    Options

....this is nonsense because:

• I use Teamviewer at most once per month
    • I connect to only one other party's computer
    • there is absolutely no 'commercial use' or money driven transaction involved
    • I connect to the computer of elderly couple in their 80's who are living in a remote location and need help occasionally with their computer
    • How in the world can TeamViewer judge that limited use as 'commercial'?
    • I've tried to follow their instructions to restore or un-block the account but it puts me into an endless loop so that I cannot correct the situation.
    • Please Forum, since you're the only 'Support' for personal use, how can I **bleep** the TeamViewer shield to convince them that this is truly personal and a very limited usage. Again, at most once a month and only connecting to the same computer every time on a Saturday or Sunday typically.....ie when I have time to help the elderly friends.
    • Any guidance is very much appreciated.
    • Respectfully,
    • Zip
  • Campbell5214
    Campbell5214 Posts: 0
    Options

As stated above^. On top of logging into my own devices, I’ve had to login to my girlfriends (my pc), her dads to help with minor issues, and my friends because he’s using a PC for the first time. Only writing this here because I would love to talk to support to request that my account be unlocked But from my understanding that seems to be reserved for paying members. I just want my access back.

• mcbirdfreak
    mcbirdfreak Posts: 1
    Options

• Zip_Ryan8
    Options

My account was blocked after 'suspected commercial use...but this is nonsense because:

·        I use Teamviewer at most once per month

·        I connect to only one other party's computer (elderly couple) and always on a Saturday or Sunday

·        there is absolutely no 'commercial use' or money transaction involved

·        I connect to the computer of elderly couple in their 80's who are living in a remote location and need help occasionally with their computer

·        How in the world can TeamViewer judge this very limited use as 'commercial'?

I've tried to follow their instructions to restore or un-block the account but it puts me into an endless loop so that I cannot correct the situation.

Please Forum, since you're the only 'Support' for personal use, how can I penetrate the TeamViewer shield to convince them that this is truly personal and a very limited usage. Again, at most once a month and only connecting to the same computer every time on a Saturday or Sunday typically.....ie when I have time to help the elderly friends.

Any guidance is very much appreciated.

Respectfully,

Zip

• ryansmith2596
    ryansmith2596 Posts: 1
    Options

TeamViewer keeps kicking me out for "Commercial use". All I'm doing is attempting to edit family photos remotely. I try to reconnect and then it says I've reached the maximum number of sessions. For some context, I'm using a computer that bought from my workplace many years ago. So I guess there could be something on the computer that's causing it to think I'm using it at work? But I reset the computer to stock and was successfully using TV for months.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'd even be willing to pay for some sort of personal license, however, the only options I'm presented with are for business and way too expensive for personal use.

• Bembe1
    Bembe1 Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    Options

Teamviewer said i use Teamviewer for Business. - That is wrong. I use it only for privat things. What ca i do to get the private status again?

• tiptie
    tiptie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Help, I keep being sent in circles on this website

• sjulty
    sjulty Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Despite being a TeamViewer user for more than 8 years, I was unjustly shut out about a month ago. The message that came up was that I had been using TeamViewer for commercial purposes even though I am registered as a personal/non-commercial user. which in turn, prevented me from helping a friend configure his new laptop and, troubleshoot its defective camera/microphone module. I AM AND, HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A NON-COMMERCIAL USER WHO IS OFTEN ENGAGED BY FRIENDS FOR HELP WHEN THEY ENCOUNTER UNEXPECTED PROBLEMS WITH THEIR COMPUTERS. Please assist me in resetting my status to the correct category. Thank you -Steven Julty [removed per Community Guidelines]

• ddddddddddddddddddd
    Options

I used it for personal use only, but it was detected for commercial use. On July 9th and 19th, I sent the pdf that I used only for personal use, when can I use it again?

• kb2qqm
    kb2qqm Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    Options

My Dad and I have the Free Teamviewer Personal program and it is the latest. 15.31.5. for MacOS.

His computer keeps disconnecting from me after 5 minutes. He is running Mac OS and I have done everything from Re-installs, deletions and re-downloads, and nothing is working getting him up and running. He is 85 and not easily able to figure things out. What do I do to get him back to no 5 minute disconnects ? I can't call customer service because I am not a paying customer.

What is the answer to our problem?😵 I don't want to have to drive 3 hours to fix his computer.

Greg

• mooon
    mooon Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    Options

Welcome, I have a copy for free home use where I get a purchase letter as the use is home and inside the home network. id number ‭[removed per Community Guidelines]‬ email : [removed per Community Guidelines]

username :[removed per Community Guidelines]

thanx

• francescobuono
    francescobuono Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    Options

Good evening, some weeks ago my free license expired because they told me I use d TV as a professional use, but I used it only between home and my private study. Can you help me? [removed per Community Guidelines]

• Hyperkiller92
    Hyperkiller92 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi there

So recently I have had a pop up saying I'm using my team viewer for commercial use, and when trying to disbute this on their form I haven't had any reply to reinstate my free use for team viewer. I only use team viewer when helping my family and close friends and I don't know why they have done this to my account. Can anyone help me resolve this as I have elderly family I use this software with who need help who live far from me and I cannot help them

• guntire
    guntire Posts: 1
    Options

I'm am not using it in any way in commercial environment. I received a message saying that "I am suspected using TeamViewer in commercial or professional environment”. This is a false accusation without any respect. This is not my case.

I'm am stock trying to help my mother which is 91 years old at 660 kilometers from me. I using TeamViewer very rarely. I’m help her 4 or 5 times year!

On top of that, TeamViewer blocked me without any advice. I'm very disappointed of the whole TeamViewer Company.

• Sousita
    Sousita Posts: 1
    Options

Hi

Team Viewer gave me a message saying that my usage pattern suggests that I have been supporting others professionally. It's the second time you've done that, I don't understand, I only use Team Viewer when my mom calls me with doubts about something on her pc, then I connect to her pc via Team Viewer to help her out, how is that professional support?

Could you please review this situation please? She lives 900km away.

Regards

• FrankieBoy2
    FrankieBoy2 Posts: 1
    edited July 2022
    Options

I am almost 75 years old and only use Teamviewer to assist a few friends and my 92-year-old uncle who is almost totally blind from macular degeneration and glaucoma and uses ZoomText in order to see a portion of the screen and have it read his emails to him. He is constantly hitting and selecting wrong items and making a mess. Other than rare occasions for other family and friends, that is what I mainly use Teamviewer for. I have been retired for 10 years and do this to help people and have never asked for or received a penny. About a year or so ago I was re-instated after filling out some form and signing it. Does that not matter at all? I have tried a couple other apps; however they do not allow me to assist him as I have done in the past and almost impossible for him to install following my instructions. IS THERE NO LONGER A FREE VERSION ?

• caps201
    caps201 Posts: 0
    edited July 2022
    Options

i was flagged for commercial use because i remotely connect to my fathers computer to help him with itunes and other small computer problems he has but trying to fix his itunes sometimes takes a while and occasionally i'll fall asleep late at night working on it and i am still connected. i sent the reactivation form over and i think my account is clear and back to free now but everytime i connect to his computer now it warns me that i'm not allowed to use but connects me to his computer and i get booted off in like 2-3 minutes - do i need to submit a reactivation from his teamviewer as well since that is the computer i was connected to when all this was flagged? its happened to me once years ago and after a few days it was all back to normal but now i don't know whats happening if i'm cleared why i keep getting booted off after a few minutes. thanks

• aktim
    aktim Posts: 0
    Options

I use the TeamViewer Free License version to connect to my brother's computer to help him out. Lately, I've been getting the following message: "It seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. Connecting to this device requires a valid TeamViewer license for you or your connection partner." I can log in to my brother's computer but only for about 20-30 seconds before I get bounced out. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

• jerrymouse1986
    jerrymouse1986 Posts: 1
    Options

Hi TeamViewer Team,

Thank you for reading this thread.

I'm using a free Teamviewer account. This week I'd like to help my dad on his computer remotely but Teamviewer terminated my session and said commercial activity was detected. It's not the first time happening on my account when helping my family or my friends. My parents and friends are in different countries from me, does Teamviewer consider overseas remote sessions as commercial?

Would you mind helping me "unlock" my account, please? It's annoying when my parents are in need and I couldn't give them a hand.

I appreciate your help.

• Art_Fee1a
    Art_Fee1a Posts: 1
    Options

I have not used Teamviewer in months. I only use it to help a small group of non profit people setting directions in our car show club events. Today the version I had installed said I was a commercial user. I am not.

• DruryHills
    DruryHills Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hi All,

I have submitted the form to describe why, as a personal use the usage might be high but have not had a reply and have now been locked out of Teamviewer for at least two weeks.

We use Teamviewer to support our elderly parents and only have connections too their devices, there is frequent use with them but no other use. two of the parents have dementia and without the ability to "drive" their computers they are even more isolated.

uld have thought this was exactly the free personal use case that Teamviewer would support.

It seems that it is no longer possible to actually communicate directly with anyone at Teaamviewer, does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

Is there an alternative free product anyone can recommend?

• TAJABOA
    TAJABOA Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Can't request reclaim free version for my family computers ( i'm currently considered as a commercial user helping my father and my mother, thanks a lot teamviewer security team, such incompetent you are !).

Long thread here with the incompetent support, describing the issue, that their reset page don't work at all :

Dont know what to do more now.

Maybe searching a competent solution that works, with a competent support team ? Let me know if you know ?