Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• ghh101
    ghh101 Posts: 13

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND REFUSE TO ISSUE REFUNDS! They require a 28 day cancellation before contract ends buried in the contract.  Please don't sign up for the paid version.  Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!

• ghh101

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND REFUSE TO ISSUE REFUNDS! They require a 28 day cancellation before contract ends buried in the contract.  Please don't sign up for the paid version.  Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!

• Airbag888
    Airbag888 Posts: 6

Haha perfect.. I did find this a while back. Haven't yet switched over, I was hoping for either a true free alternative or something I could pay 1 time and be done.

Thanks though :D

Feels like we're in a resistance movement..

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@stefanw1337 : you take BitCoin ? :D or Libra? :D 

• dront8
    dront8 Posts: 1

I used software on my home computer. While everyone thanks for free use, I have not been able to use TeamViewer for a long time, tech support ignores me, writing there is no use. It looks like a mockery: the information window of program tells me that my session is limited to five minutes, but in fact session ends immediately after the connection. Such is the mockery. And I live, barely making ends meet, constantly risking to stay on the street. Meals per month I fit in $ 15. I wish those who came up with this, also grow to such commercial use. At moment, free use is not possible, for at least half year. Fully agree with Yussuf, this is very humiliating. Product is called free, and its use is impossible, it is necessary to use much worse analogues.  And with all of this at bottom of a false inscription in huge letters - "Get Started Now! It's free for personal use or as a trial version for business users."

• ghh101

Buyer Beware don't purchase license.  There are less expensive products that don't resort to extortion. 

Teamviewer has outdated cancellation policy.  Buyer beware they require a 28 day cancellation before contracts ends.  Most states have laws against this type of cancellation.  Call your BBB agency and complain.  Don't take this laying down. 

• @pv7721 wrote:

@stefanw1337 : you take BitCoin ? :D or Libra? :D 

Sure! :D

• Hi I use TeamViewer to look what drawing my friends in gimp etc.
    Why I got commercial version?

• pv7721

@stefanw1337 : funny, they didn't mind naming 3rd parties :D that were not TV, but not competitors either :D 

• pv7721

@ant0nwax : it has been mentioned countless time a personal license fee, either one-time only or annually, there was no reaction whatsoever from TV

• pv7721

@ant0nwax : oh but they do, or it's only a bot that comes and looks for 3rd parties being mentioned, like:

T

h

i

r

d

P

a

r

t

y

P

r

o

d

u

c

t

or **Third                                  Party                                        Product**

or whatever :D 

LE: Haha this must be an automated toold, it respected my original spacing! :D Too funny! :D 

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@pv7721 Wow, TV Gmbh has a sense of humor. Too bad they don't have a sense of responsibility too.

• pv7721

@bazbsg : It's not even funny, it's sad and hopeless...

Anyway, now yes, do enter such kill...

• pv7721

@ant0nwax : it's too good the email notification, one receives long gone messages! :D but the eficcacity of those aforementioned is not 100%, they cannot (yet?) interpret seemingly random phrases which oh my God! do reveal something else! :D

• Bin TV and use **Third Party Product**.  :-)

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

"Bin TV and use **Third Party Product**.  :-)"

No more sense of humor? This time I would have expected:

Bin TV and use **Tango hotel india romeo delta    Papa alpha romeo tango yankee    Papa romeo oscar delta uniform charlie tango**.  :-)

• asalt
    asalt Posts: 1

I receive this answer from your support team in 12 June to my problem with comercial use message that I see when use Team Viewer in one of my home computers.

At the same day I fill form for declaration of private use and send back email to mentioned mail in point 2 ([email protected]) but month and a half till now I haven`t received confirmation from your team and the commercial use message is still popping up.

Can you help me to resolve my problem with "commercial use message" because I have need more time for my sessions (not only 5 minutes) till message appears?

• Isval56
    Isval56 Posts: 1

TeamViewer greetings.

I am a user of the free version, exclusively for private use, but lately the software is blocked because it identifies me as "Professional Use".

But I use TeamViewer only to help inexperienced internet browsing friends, or to clean their PC from residual files and uninstall programs, because they are old or very inexperienced people, they are my direct acquaintances and not strangers.

I don't have a support site and I'm not a computer scientist and I don't ask for anything for the time spent helping my friends and relatives when it happens.

So paying a license like that of TeamViewer and not even being able to recover its cost you understand that it wouldn't be right, I don't ask anyone for even 1 cent.

But it is the second time that connecting with a friend after a few seconds TeamViewer closes with the writing that I am making a professional use and it is not true.

Last time I uninstalled your beautiful program and you told me that you had checked and fixed it giving me private and non-corporate use and it seemed to have gone well.

But this problem has probably occurred again.

I repeat, I don't make professional use of it and if I can't use TeamViewer I will use Zoom which allows remote sharing or I will use Skype with the mouse using the interlocutor, or some other remote sharing program, but always free.

I can't pay a business license because I don't take any compensation for this use, I don't have a company, I am a private individual and I only do it for friendship.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much and best regards

• joyce_you
    joyce_you Posts: 6

Hi Team

It has been more than two weeks since I submit the form, however still didn't get any feedback. Is it normal?

• genx4343
    genx4343 Posts: 1
    My Account is Personal type but TeamViewer Blocked and send messages to me "my account is commercial"
  • trojanz
    trojanz Posts: 1

I submitted a request last week to unblock my TeamViewer ID and submitted one for each of my home computers (one for each TeamViewer ID). I received an email stating that my TeamViewer ID is reset to free but it doesn't say for which one. I assumed it was for all so I tried initiating a connection from each of my assigned device but I still get the message that commercial use is detected.

I tried signing out from each of my devices then signed in again, I also tried deleting the assigned devices reassigned and lastly I tried uninstalling on every device and reinstalled but to no avail.

Any idea what could be wrong?

• Mark_UK
    Mark_UK Posts: 1

I have the very latest versions on both machines and registered as a "free user"

My account also times out after 5 minutes - the root cause  ? most likely a coded issue with Team Viewer to force customers to upgrade to the paid version.

Poor response from the Team View representatives on this forum - I welcome a response from Team Viewer to THIS POST and happy to stand corrected if my issue is resolved and will post progress to my complaint in any case on here.

Mark 27.7.19 

• myo007
    myo007 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello, I was being using Team iewer for my personal usage have been long and never happened 5 mins issue with commercial detect asked to buy before , whenever each install Teamviewer IDs seem to changed however my ID has linked with my email address ( my login email didn't change) so this issue has linked with my email now I believe. I used to only connected to home to home network only for personal usage but when once connect to a computer of family member this month who was at work to help something online then started to happen, may be due to that receiver computer at work has detected problem by your software before but yet it is still shouldn't effect into my account which just incoming connection to that machine  and I do not use for commercial purpose at all. Please may kindly help, thanks.

• I recently got a popup saying that teamviewer thinks I am using the software commercially, is this a joke? I am unemployed and I help my friends out on their PERSONAL COMPUTERS when they are stuck on things, I was about to reccomend teamviewer to my sister who IS in business but not very computer literate as its a good solution with all the extra functions like remote training and so on which I have used ONCE to show her, I don't know what triggered your system but I wont be reccomending teamviewer any further as there's obviously something wrong there and I'm curious what makes you think I'm using it commercially ffs, just for clarification, I don't work, I'm mega geeky, nobody will give me a job because I am autistic however all my friends ask me to help with their PERSONAL!!! PC's when they are stuck and I make NOTHING!! other than the satisfaction of being some use at least to someone, thanks for shafting that for me, really appreciate it >:(

• khyuri
    khyuri Posts: 1

And I too

@myo007 wrote:

Hello, I was being using Team iewer for my personal usage have been long and never happened 5 mins issue with commercial detect asked to buy before , whenever each install Teamviewer IDs seem to changed however my ID has linked with my email address ( my login email didn't change) so this issue has linked with my email now I believe. I used to only connected to home to home network only for personal usage but when once connect to a computer of family member this month who was at work to help something online then started to happen, may be due to that receiver computer at work has detected problem by your software before but yet it is still shouldn't effect into my account which just incoming connection to that machine  and I do not use for commercial purpose at all. Please may kindly help, thanks.

• Dear Teamviewer, 

your commercial use protection system must be a complete **bleep** up. Despite having been approved for free use twice, the second time just fricken last week I just again had the popup window regarding commercial use detected pop up again stating I have 5 minutes of connection time left and then disconnects me after 1 minute, locking me out for 10 minutes. 

I understand you wanna make sure the terms and conditions are respected. But please then respect them yourself. It takes you weeks to do the approval. You lock out people earlier than you say. What do you expect your users to think about your company? 

Please help me to be able to manage my private-use servers in a reasonable timeframe and stop locking me out of my system. Stick to what you say and don't have the system change it's mind all the time. PLEASE! 

this is really not funny in any way :( 

• Neilft
    Neilft Posts: 1

was using for personal use now for the last three months teamviewer claims used for commercial use, it wasnt and never has been, tried emailing loads of times i got one reply stating it had been reviewed and i could use it again which wasnt true . is there anything i can do ?

• damborik
    damborik Posts: 1
    The same for me
  • satsumasalad
    satsumasalad Posts: 1

Hi, I installed Teamview 14 for Win 10 a few months ago, tried it to see if it worked, it did, v well.  I use it for one use only: to connect from my laptop to a desktop in another part of the house on the same LAN.  I have mobility issues and prefer not to travel between machines if there's another way.  Which apparently there is.  Hurrah!

Over the last few days I've been using it again and discover there seems to be a 3-minute limit whereupon the session appears to lock up.  I can disconnect, apparently cleanly, and connect again and all is well.  For another three minutes or so. I do not get any messages about apparently breaching the commercial use rule.

Other posts on this have suggested checking the version - the app at each end reports it is up-to-date - and asking TV to review the case.  If I really have to pursue that, how do I go about it?

Sure am hoping there's another way.  Please advise, thank you.

• NTN
    NTN Posts: 1

I have now been locked out from my PHONE??? Dont know how do You guys detect commercial usage but it is as bad as it gets...