Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• My sessions also keep timing out at the most innappropriate times. I use version 12 free. Looking in the extras menue I do not even have the option to disable timeouts. It is most annoying!

• lowery76
    lowery76 Posts: 1

I have a personal media server at my home.  I had to re-image this server a few months back.  Before i re-imaged everything was fine as far as Teamviewer is concerned (did NOT install Demo version).  Now the agent that installed limits me to 5 minutes.  How or can I fix this?  I have tried uninstall/reinstall with no success.  My server is a 2102 R2. Screenshot attached.

Thank you in advance. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 8.16.37 PM.png

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi lowery76

Unfortunately there is no option to select personal use on a server as the free version cannot be used in server OS. I am sorry, but you are unable to use the free version for this purpose.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?

• xzbi_tv
    xzbi_tv Posts: 1

Dear TV staff,

I am trying to use the TV12 in my HP Elite X2 tablet with Windows 10 for my personal use but the system detected as commercial use bound with HP.

However,  I am not an employee of HP anyway,

How this TV12 detect is for the Hewlett-Packard company commercial use?

I tried many times of uninstallation and reinstallation, it showed consistantly the same message.

Thanks for your kind advice.

From Singapore

• umerbutt
    umerbutt Posts: 1

I hope you're fine,  TeamViewer become expire even I want to use this as a personal user.  how I can fix the problem . when i uninstall it , and install new one it show me error . exectly same error as you can see following link . looking for reply as soon as possible.

Thanks .

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-TeamViewer-trial-Your-trial-period-has-expired/ta-p/5267

Best Regards.

Umer

• Some weeks ago, looks like I may of mistakenly installed the app for commercial  I am not using this at or for any business, I literally have one leg and am homebound for the most part and try to help friends or family.  

• Tom2
    Tom2 Posts: 1

I completed the form to switch from commercial to private since I don't even work and only use teamviewer for my home computers but I haven't gotten a response. I sent the email 20 a days ago and provided all the files required and information, please help??

• You wrote

"If you believe that you installed TeamViewer and chose commercial or both accidentally, or have been flagged by mistake and you are really only using TeamViewer for personal, non-commercial use, In such cases we can review this and potentially unblock the software for you if we believe you only use the software for personal use."

But gave no direction on how to get this reviewed?  Do we send an email?  If so to whom?  Is there a form to fill out?  If so where?  It's getting hard to help my friends around the world now that it suddenly decided to thing I've got a commercial license when clearly I do not.

• Hallo, möchte mich mit einen Partner verbinden, und es kommt die schrifft - Verdacht auf Kommerzielle Nutzung - obwohl ich die nicht Nutze. Das Passiert schon zum Öftern mal - Genauer 7.mal schon - Können Sie Nachschauen ob da Vieleicht ein Fehler Vorliegt ? Ich werde immer nach minute Getrennt !
    Habe schon Letzte Woche geschrieben aber ich habe keine Antwort bekommen.

Mit freundlicen Gruß
    Orazio Guarnera

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Please visit the following links for assistance and be sure to enter a detailed description of your use when filling out a form (Hint: “I use for personal” or “use for family” are not detailed descriptions):

Trial Expired
    Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired' ?

Commercial Use suspected/detected
    Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

Note – Due to the large number of requests, this can take up to 30 days to be reviewed. Posting to the community will not speed up this process.

Please see the above information :)

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • I would like to ask you about the Team viewer Licensing.I am using the Team viewer on my desktop PC with the free license.And I downloaded the Team viewer on my Mobile phone also.Because, I want to check my desktop PC using my mobile phone in remote.However, a few days later, an error message was shown on my mobile phone.Moreover, I was not able to connect to my desktop via my mobile phone.Error message is "Team viewer license for desktop has expired."I don't use it as the commercial.I use it only personal using.Could you please tell me how to absolve from commercial license on desktop?I reinstalled the Team viewer, but it had not been repaired.Your kind assistance would be much appreciated.

• Hallo, möchte mich mit einen Partner verbinden, und es kommt die schrifft - Verdacht auf Kommerzielle Nutzung - obwohl ich nicht das Nutze, werde immer getrennt. Das Passiert schon zum Öftern mal - Genauer 6.mal schon - Können Sie bitte Nachschauen ob da ein Fehler Vorliegt - und wieder reparieren ? Ich nutze es nur für manche Famielien Mitglieder zu helfen.

• I have only free licence, as I am not concerned with commercial licence.

Why do I receive the same message :"Your licence willexpire until 8 days" ?

Thank you

EMAIL  : [email removed]

• To Person in charge

I registered a team viewer on an individual basis.

Perhaps I mistakenly registered for commercial purposes.

Is it possible to revert to settings other than personal commercial use?

Please tell me.

regards.

• I am running Team Viewer 12 on my PC. But some days ago it suddenly shows that trial version has expired. May be Team viewer consdiers my PC as a commercial user. But I am a student  and want to use as personal use. I also submitted a ticket atTeam Viewer support center. It almost 15 days, but till I didn't get any response from the support center. What should I do now? How can I switch to commercial user to personal user?

Please give me suggestion.

Thank you.

• Dear Esther,

Can you help me?
    I think I setup the software commercially but I only use teamviewer for personal purpose.
    I sent request 1 week ago, my ticket ID: 3348246
    Look forward to feedback.
    Thank you

• Dios
    Dios Posts: 1

Hello. I accidentally installed a commercial version, and now it is the source of the trial period. How can I use it? Tried to reinstall, after installing again it asks to pay for its commercial version. I originally didn't plan to use it for commercial purposes. How can I install and use the software for personal purposes and not for commercial purposes?

• pastorA
    pastorA Posts: 1

Why does my session end after 5 minutes

• I also have the same problem. The vendor used my system for licensing a software online. Now even when I uninstalled previous TeamViewer and installed new version with personal usage, its showing trial no of days. On the other computer, there is no such problem. My email id is [email removed].

• into311
    into311 Posts: 1

Ive tried reinstalling twice now on the unatended computer and the one remote controlling it and I still get this error. I never chose the option to use a custom module. This is very annoying I can hardly do anything on there without it timing out on me. then it makes me wait several minutes to reconnect. This is a poor choice, because if I like the software, I might buy it, if it is a pain to use, and I have to keep reinstalling it, and dealing with the problems to use it, then it doesn't make me want to buy it :(

• Hi, 

I need help, I was wrong to check the lynch at the beginning of the installation and I put it for commercial use. But it is not so, but it is for personal and private purposes.

How can I fix this?
    I've already tried uninstalling and rebuilding but nothing to do.
    I hope someone helps me,
    Thank you

• Moth67
    Moth67 Posts: 1

Hello
    My teamviewer suspects commercial use
    I use the Teamviewer privately
    I ask you to unlock the id.
    thanks

• For a while now ive been having an issue connecting to my teamviewer because it says that it is suspected of being used commercially(how it only has my one PC), tonight i created another account hoping it would fix the issue, nope now it says the computer i am attempting to connect to has an expired trial.Im not trying to use any special editions just the free version yet im running into this problem.

• I had selected the free trial but now it will not let me download free version and it says my trial has expired

• md2DOTca
    md2DOTca Posts: 8 ✭✭

Students use Server versions for non-commercial use

• Hello
    I use teamViewer 12, and I wish I had the free version because I am a casual user.
    Unfortunately the 1st installation it gave me a trial period and I don't know how to use it again?
    Thank you for your future responses.
    Gilles

• Hi, I was wrong to install the software and installed it as a company but it is not so, how can I fix it?