Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• kenzoviski
    kenzoviski Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

For some reason I'm only able to use TeamViewer for 5min and then the app disconnects the remote connection.

I only use TeamViewer for personal access to computers (mine and family), but it seems TeamViewer now forces users to buy a subscription.

Does the "free" TeamViewer version only let you stay connected for 5min at a time? If so, I'm uninstalling this software and moving to other solution, after of years and years of using it.

• Smop
    Smop Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

Bonjour

I have been using a free licence to connect remotely to my home PC when abroad for some time. Or to my mom's tablet. I average less than 10 connections per year, but recently I started getting an error message that I need to upgrade to a professional account and my max session duration seems to be near 10 seconds. I kept using the old interfsace, tried upgrading my client, but I have no access to my host to upgrade it or to complete my session.

Have I done something wrong?

• lacoste01
    lacoste01 Posts: 1
    Options

Hi,

I have contacted and the team via:

a few times this week, I have not heard a response.

I had the issue last week and they got back to me and confirmed that I am a private user. (the reponse was quick).

Account still is marked as commerical.

If I can get any feedback?

• Leo_001
    Leo_001 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I use TV only to bring backup personal files to my outdoor (backup) PC.

It went right for along time but recently TV was updated and now this message appears.

I don't see any commercial uses because the files and pc belong to me and TV provide only

a distribution line.....

Am I Right, that this contains no actual commercial use?

• Oliver13
    Oliver13 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 22
    Options

Same problem as INWondeR and many other users. My strictly private usage (once a month for supporting my 91 year old father) was flagged commercial. I quickly uploaded a reset request trusting it would be answered within five days as promised. But guess what? No answer at all. It‘s a pity. Kind regards, Oliver (@INWondeR: Hope you‘ve got a solution)

• santibrun
    santibrun Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Do you know why my program is suspended? I never had problems but now it limits me in time

• XChef1
    XChef1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

So is Teamviewer now dead as a free remote viewer? as I can no longer use it to connect to my 90 year old mother to help with IT issues, just kicks me out after 1min :-(

Reading the recent posts on here it looks like its kicking a lot of people off there free accounts!

Have just submitted a "Reclaim your free account" request so lets see if that works.

• cubepow
    cubepow Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

Good morning, for a few days now if I try to use my free version of the program it tells me that it is used for commercial purposes and not for home purposes. Cinpon is true, I only use it to access my children's or wife's computers a few times. If you also analyze the frequency with which I use this program and my links you can verify what I say. The only thing I tried to do once was connect to the tablet of the company I work for to pass a file, which I then failed to do since I don't have the credentials to access this tablet. I hope you can solve the problem since I can't afford to purchase a license for home use. Best regards Mario Piombini

• Mosow
    Mosow Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

I have been using the free version for years. This is the second time I have received the notification. I have filled out the form and submitted it 10 days ago but I still get the message and limited client access. I have not heard back on this. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the account reset? Thanks

• bandito
    bandito Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 22
    Options

By the looks of the forums and my own personal experience having to "reset" my free license multiple times a day, it really seems like there has been an update to the algorithm and don't seem to care about the influx of resets coming through...

Or maybe it is the sales team being overly aggressive to justify their team size?.. I don't know... or care....

Why does the "system" keep flagging me as commercial when I am only on my 3 devices?.. it is not illegal to remote into my desktop from my phone when I am lazy in bed.. but it seem to be the catalyst to my flagging's....

I hope they actually read these messages and consider adjusting because I like teamviewer, but if this continues, it will genuinely be unusable...

• jamesperkins33
    jamesperkins33 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

The link listed for the non-commercial use form below is broken; please advise.

I use TV strictly for personal use in our very remote home and barn.

...this form for the TeamViewer Personal Use Verification to...

• Underskore
    Underskore Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

I legitly only connect to my second pc(now a pi) from my computer or my phone and I get flagged twice a year for commercial use, how do I stop getting flagged as submitting the free use form twice yearly is kind of a pain in the rear?

edit: there's obviously nothing being paid service wise as I'm just managing my own devices.

• wreboot
    wreboot Posts: 1
    Options

If anyone has figured this out this is the 2nd time I have been flagged and I have never made money directly or indirectly because of teamviewer.

• Utrillo
    Utrillo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 22
    Options

I'm going to delete this useless program....although my account was resetted limitation time is still active and disconnect me after 1 minute.

Suggest to find a new valid support program for replacing this **bleep**.

• trebron
    trebron Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hi support team,

I hope you are well.

I use your application for private purposes only, no financial benefits involved.

Can you please set my account as private and not commercial? Since last week i am not able to use it.

I have workarounds, but why terminate using your app, after a whole life of usage.

I am getting this message: "This software seems to be used in commercial environments. Please note that

the free version may only be used for personal use."

thanks for your kind attention,

Norbert

• Stoixeiwmenos
    Stoixeiwmenos Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 22
    Options

I have been using teamviewer free account for personal use to connect to my desktop pc from my mobile devices.

I tried to connect just a few mins ago from the device i usually do to my pc and i got a notification that commercial use has been detected and it shut the connection... how can this be possible? Nothing has changed on my devices.

Has anyone encountered this ? Any solution?

• kda8521
    kda8521 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I submit a reset form a few days ago, but didn't include all the IDs. Now I can only view the form I submitted but can't submit another one to have all the other IDs reset. Is there a way to submit another one?

• lunabee
    lunabee Posts: 1
    Options

Hello friends. they really need to fix this issue. i also cannot submit a second form.

• Achéron8
    Achéron8 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I sometimes use teamviewer (rarely) to transfer something to my best friend or my dad's pc. But now I can't connect for more than 1 minute and getting kicked out with a 'It's time for an upgrade'. Please help.

• V4mpire
    V4mpire Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Hey, anyone know how to go about resolving this, as I'm a free user, I just have multiple devices and not all in a single location, none of which involves commercial use, for example, I'll occasionally access my home desktop when I'm away, but it seems they want to try push me to pay for commercial license, when ot has zero worth to me as not used in business, so I'd be throwing money away.

Is there a way around this or do I just find some other program to serve my purpose?

I couldn't see anything under my account when logged in to reset as I've seen previously mentioned either, so I'm unable to do anything either this, and 5 minutes is no time to do anything, it's also sometimes easier to remotely connect to a pc to maintain it, than sit at it as its sometimes just a couple clicks then waiting, so I just do this from main pc, while doing other things

• bplogue
    bplogue Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I'm using the app to remote into my own computer from work and my daughters computer (she is a long-term patient at a medical facility). Lately I been getting this message saying my session time is going to expire because its says it appears that I'm using it to support devices commercially? Then sometimes is says I have exceeded my limit of sessions? All I'm doing is monitoring my own personal device. Any way to stop this from happening?

• Turk181
    Turk181 Posts: 1
    Options

Same for me

• Raynor98
    Raynor98 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Recently i was trying to connect to my computer from my phone and received a pop-up saying my account has been flagged for commercial use, this is not the case i never use Teamviewer for professional use. i use a VPN on all my devices for security. how can i go about and get my account reset? i use Teamviewer to maintain my own computers and that's it.

• Megakim
    Megakim Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

After 2 minutes the following message appear: The time allowed is over.

I use the free version to help once a week or less my old father from distance.

• bhid1
    bhid1 Posts: 1
    Options

I am a registered user under a free license however, I am receiving messages when trying to use TeamViewer that I am using it for commercial purposes. Which is not the case

• xprt007
    xprt007 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 23
    Options

Hi

I also have the same dilemma and it is a shame no one from TeamViewer finds it necessary to help deal with the apparently widespread confusion around migration.

As I am writing this, one of the PCs I have tried to migrate, but still shows I should and have in the past connected to countless times with no problem, today, I have been thrown out several times after just a few minutes and preventing re-connecting for a while with a claim my use is under a commercial environment and that a connection will be terminated after 5 minutes.

I connected to merely see how to use some video editor to join videos made by smart phone, updated K-Lite codecs and a download manager, tasks I have done many times before using a personal notebook, the other being a home pc of a friend!

What exactly is commercial this time and has this something to do with this mysterious migration, which does not seem to be done successfully in any case?

Is this a trick, like some users have asked to force us away from free use, a service we actually appreciate?

Regards

• Grant2024
    Grant2024 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

After a few minutes of being connected, Teamviewer disconnects with the message,

"Session timeout!

Your TeamViewr session has timed out and will be closed."

I am using the free version .

• Rob_Vredeling
    Rob_Vredeling Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 25
    Options

I use my account at home between smartphone and pc. Occasionally I help a personal relative to solve a computerproblem. So no commercial use!

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• leonardocl
    leonardocl Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I only use TeamViewer to help my mother when she has some difficulty using the computer. But now I can't connect anymore because TeamViewer says it has detected commercial use. It seems like an error to me because I only use the program sporadically to access a single computer. When I did get a connection, it only lasted a few seconds. I got disconnected and then couldn't reconnect. How can this be solved?

Uso o TeamViewer apenas para auxiliar minha mãe quando ela tem alguma dificuldade para usar o computador. Mas agora não estou conseguindo mais conexão porque o TeamViewer diz ter detectado uso comercial. Me parece um erro porque uso o programa apenas esporadicamente para acessar um único computador. Quando consegui conexão, durou apenas alguns segundos. Fui desconectado e depois não consegui reconectar. Como isso pode ser resolvido?

• bracco23
    bracco23 Posts: 1
    Options

hi, i recently started getting popup for suspected commercial license. I have requested a reset, received the email of confirmed reset, but i keep receiving them. I realized i missed some IDs in the request, so i wanted to make a new one, but when i try to do it again it just lets me download a pdf and doesn't let me make a new request, even if i have received the email of confirmation. Anything that can be done?