Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

Re: Has ANYONE had their commercial use block removed....

@Closed account it took 33 days after I sent in the form. since nothing had happened by that 33rd day I messaged them again. suddenly it worked again but they never send me a message or email to tell me they had switched it back on.

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

#metoo: I was also restored to free, after submitting the form for all the TV IDs... after a while (I didn't count and didn't kept the email) I receive an email that's ok... but it didn't say for which ID it was ok. So I kept using version 9. After another while I received another email which said for this ID (again they didn't say which one) we cannot determine the personal use, sign the form that you're using it for personal use and send it back to us. Again no answer at all, and after a while version 9 was obsoleted, I could no longer use it (they were backporting warnings in this version too), I installed version 14 and voila, I was free again. For how long? No one knows.

Posted by Elena0507
Henagon

Android team viewer cuts off

i get a message before i connect that i am allow 5 minutes access remote computer

once i am in, within 20 seconds. I do not use team viewer for commercial purposes.  Thanks 

Posted by xbee2
Trigon

I have, it took around 25-40 days, but no matter what, it keeps reoccuring.

Because something keeps re-triggering it. I even remote from my phone to my home PC.
If I needed to access some personal data on the go, or run updates to my PC games so they're in a ready, playable state when I'm home - but TeamViewer warns that if I'm connected to a public WiFi: Starbucks, McDonalds, etc

That will trigger it again. Because I'm connecting in from a Commercial connection. Which I don't do, as I have a large enough mobile data plan to not rely on unsafe public WiFis.

So then I was warned based on how the Mobile ISP relays, it may be detected as commercial as well..

I've been detected at least 4 times by now. Their detection system is WAY too sensitive, and is leading to more false detections than anything.

Posted by tos9999
Digon

Team Viewer 14.4 times out after a few minutes

Yesterday my Team Viewer 14.4 started timing out after a few minutes.  I have not had a problem with it before this.  Also, I have not changed anything on my laptop or any of the settings with Team Viewer.  I uninstalled the software and reinstalled the software, still having the same problem today.  I did a google search for this issue and no help there.  Any assistance would be appreciated because currently the software is unusable and I'll have to move to ***Third Party Product***. 

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

One more story that confirms my belief this is done on purpose in order to either convert free users to pay, or dismiss them.
Posted by Cutsman
Trigon

I'm guessing TV is cleaning house and making it orderly for their potential IPO. Time to boot the freeloaders and close support for them. No tickets allowed. No notification that a support form was submitted appealing their claim of comercial use. Playing an automated message and hanging up when you call into support for the free client. Nothing.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/permira-backed-teamviewer-ceo-backs-**Please do not post TeamViewer I...

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

@xbee2 wrote:

I have, it took around 25-40 days, but no matter what, it keeps reoccuring.

@xbee2,

Given your re-occuring suspected commercial user problem, why are you still using TeamViewer?

Posted by ronniemegens196
Electron

Prive use

i am only use teamveawer for fam and frind but now the block me dont no wy can you help me

Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

Re: Prive use

Posted by Cutsman
Trigon

Yeah their auto-filter nipped it because it thought I posted a TeamViewer ID.

Try this instead: Permira-Backed TeamViewer CEO Favors Possible German Tech IPO

Posted by Hexatus
Electron

TeamViewer 14 incorrectly reports that I am using it commercially.

This has happened in the past, but TV was prompt about getting it resolved.  This time, I've not even recieved *any* notification that they've even recieved the form to have the "commercial" flag removed from my system/account.

Is there anything that can be done to clear the false accusation of commercial use or, alternatively, any means of contacting TV (with regards to this issue) to see if they've even gotten the form into a queue of some kind?

As of right now, I'm not even getting the 5 minute connection the application states I'll get.  It cuts the connection in a minute or two every time I've tried, making it wholly unusable.  And, yes, I've timed it.

Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

They need to come clean.

Posted by bigo321
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer 14 incorrectly reports that I am using it commercially.

doing the same thing to me.  I use it to connect to my upstairs computer and downstairs.  also use it at work to connect to home computer to shop.  Now it's flagging me non stop.  Any fix to this??

Posted by Joshscott84
Electron

I am having the same issue as well. Started this morning for me. I use it to connect to my home PC from work so I can access my personal email and such.

Posted by Joshscott84
Electron

Re: Blocked for Commercial Use and no way to stop

Just started for me this morning. Been connecting from my work computer to my personal computer at home to check my email for years.

Posted by McIFI
Henagon

Same here! I use to connect to the same room desktop from my tablet and now it says commercial use detected and states it gives me only 5 minutes but disconnects in less than 2!

Posted by tos9999
Digon

Re: Team Viewer 14.4 times out after a few minutes

Update.  I uninstalled version 14 and installed version 13 and had the same problem. that I had with version 14, it times out with 2 minutes.

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: How long do you keep telling falsehood?

@Tom1981 wrote:

Those who are blocked already know that they can not use it for personal and non-commercial use free of charge.

You are absolutely right!

There must be 400 people in this forum who complained about this problem and so far I know of 4 people who were able to get the block removed.

Now, are there thousands having the same problem? Tens of thousands? Consider that it is not uncommon for 100,000 people to use some stupid app. Could TeamViewer have hundreds of thousands of free customers having this problem?

Imagine the when people start talking about it at work, at trade shows, in the newspapers, magazines and blogs.  This could be a "New Coke" thing!

But what do I know? I know my wife told her lunch group at the City of Richmond (VA) about me ranting and raving about TeamViewer.

Posted by McIFI
Henagon

Re: How long do you keep telling falsehood?

A few days. As you can see, the two computers are very, very, very apart =)IMG_4671.jpegVery distant computers...SNAG-0001.png

Posted by Brandotheman
Electron

Re: no way to submit a ticket

My account is literally my PCs and they marked me as a business trial and I have no way to contact them... this is crazy...
Posted by Brandotheman
Electron

Re: This is redicilous: TV thinks I am using commercially, and offers no way to appeal.

Same, I don’t know how to get in contact as their phone hangs up and tells you to submit a ticket. Guess imma have to call sales to try to reach someone
Posted by tos9999
Digon

another update:  I can not start a TV session, however, I can log on to a TV another computer starts and it works fine.  So the problem is just with this computer starting a TV Session.

Posted by Brandotheman
Electron

Re: This is redicilous: TV thinks I am using commercially, and offers no way to appeal.

Go to teamviewer.com/unblock to put in a ticket.
Posted by twystidceed
Henagon

ive put 2 in.. now it says i am limited to 5 mins.. i get 28 seconds and then it times me out for 11 mins.. What the serious **bleep** is wrong with TV

Posted by Kylian01
Trigon

this does not work i have filled in a lot of forms over the course of 6 monts and the only 2 responses i got where basicly **bleep** you and pay

Posted by dc_billm
Henagon

I am having the same issue today, but I think might have started yesterday. I am the tech support person for my friends and family, so I have 14 computers in my connections list. I am NOT using TeamViewer for commercial purposes.

Posted by stevep
Trigon

I had the block removed last October, about 1 month after submitting one form for my main computer out of 4 using TV.

BUT... ever since, each time I start TV, it pops up a nag screen basically telling me it doesn't trust that I'm only using it for personal use, and why don't I pony up. Then it allows me to use it without any restriction. It's not nice using software that tells me it suspects me of cheating every time I use it.

And no, I don't use it commercially, just to save me running from room to room, and to give me access to home computers when I'm on vacation.

Highlighted
Posted by origami
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

If you want to mention an alternative product (which they wouldn't be afraid of if they felt their product was truly competitive), just obscure it a little, like "Third party product".
Also, you people are doing it wrong when you threaten to stop using the product because of the bogus Commercial Usage detection.  Don't you get it?  They are trying to get rid of their free tier users. They _want_ you to quit using the product.
Instead, threaten to post in every possible location on the web about how bad their product is, how poor their business practices are, how they are liars and cheaters and scumbags, rate their product down on all app stores, and competitors up, post to twitter, facebook, EVERYWHERE until the world knows the truth about Teamviewer.
Maybe that threat (promise) will get their attention.  It's not good business practice to bait and switch and lie to humble masses, they should know this by now.  If they keep going like this, they will go out of business.

2 Replies
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: Detected as commercial use....again

Yeah. My usage is similar to yours and I totally agree - TeamViewer must be in an alternate universe where time is 5x faster because the session lasts just a minyte before you are "banned" for ever-increasing durations.
Come on Teamviewer - I left “third party product “ for exactly this reason. Now it looks like I will have to move to “third party product “ which I just installed.
GIve me a decent personal license price and I will definitely consider it. I understand that you need to be viable, BUT, right now, you do not offer me an option besides free, so why pretend I am commercial? If you don't want free users just say so - be honest.
Posted by aaronwt
Digon

Re: Detected as commercial use....again

I am getting sick of this commercial use **bleep**.

I have six of my PCs at home on TeamViewer. They are at home, all run Windows 10 Home or Pro, and connect to my router on FiOS. I have only used Teamviewer for personal use. Yet I keep getting this **bleep** about commercial use. Why the heck do they keep saying that when I have always used it for personal use. What **bleep** thinks I'm using it for commercial use?

Posted by aaronwt
Digon

Yeah - I also just switched to “third party product “.
Very poor decision by Teamviewer to start this fake detecttion of commercial use.

Thanks. I'll need to look at “third party product “. At this point almost anything would be better than TeamViewer. Since they have no clue how to properly identify commercial use.
All my use has been personal use, from my personal PCs. Nothing they have in their FAQ about commercial use applies to me. Yet they keep erroneously saying I'm using Teamviewer commercially. Hopefully “third party product “ has people programming their software that actually know what they are doing.

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

I've just installed “third party product “ on both my systems and stopped Teamviewer from starting up. I have not yet taken the final step of uninstalling Teamviewer. The “third party product “software is pretty darn good. There will be a slight learning curve - bound to happen when you have been using one software for so many years.
Given the ease-of use of “third party product “, uninstalling TV is not that far off.
Posted by JamesR14
Digon

Re: License limits and unable to submit a ticket

A friend of mine found this link, I just filled out the form so we will see if it works..
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Posted by loginid
Electron

Been using TV for years, but now it keeps timing out by itself???

Hello,

I've been using TeamViewer for years to check my personal emails when I'm on holidays and away from my desktop.

But for whatever reason today my TeamViewer keeps disconnecting after a little bit and tells me that this session was sponsored by teamviewer.com. Then it won't let me connect again for a few minutes. I think that it thinks I am using it commercially?

But I have a personal license already. I really don't know what to do?

Can you please help?

Thank you!

Posted by Secutanudu
Electron

Re: Been using TV for years, but now it keeps timing out by itself???

Same problem here...
Posted by mirichards
Henagon

Terrible rollout of this commercial use police state.  Too bad you did not see how **bleep** this would turn out for your personal use support base.  **Third Party Product** at [removed per Community Guidelines] is looking pretty good to me right now.

Posted by GromitD90
Digon

Posted here a few days ago saying I had been falsely accussed of commercial use. Have now switched to another solution and delted my TeamViewer account.

I can't understand why people try to stick with them when it takes days or weeks to get your accounts reinstated. Life is too short - move on -:)

Posted by pv7721
Hexagon

There are plenty, forum rules prevents from explicitly name them, just use your favorite search engine, looking for Teamviewer plus alternative(s)
Posted by sornord
Trigon

Tried to post this a moment ago and got an error, so am repeating...
A lot of folks here are talking about *third party product * I just tried that one and two immediate negatives:  1.  Using a tablet to access a PC in another room in my house, which was my main TV use, there seems to be no way to set the PC to automatically accept the connection request from the tablet.  I have to go into the PC room and accept the connection, which defeats the purpose of having remote access.  2.  I have to move the PC's cursor on the tablet's screen, as if I were at the PC using the mouse.  I can't, on either input setting on the tablet side, directly click on the PC's windows and buttons from the tablet.  There doesn't seem to be any setting addressing this on the PC side at all.  Both these issues are deal breakers.  Won't be using the software mentioned above.
Posted by Rafael_Z_Br
Henagon

commercial use on windows server

hey, i only use teamviewer to access a old laptop that i use to control a 3d printer because the screen is broken, and i installed win server on it, i though that will help because even new its already an underpower machine, after ~1 month using without problems now i recived commercial use detected mensage and an 5 min limit usage, there is anyway to solve it or, i will need to pay?

[EDIT]: i though reinstalling windows 7 or linux, but without a screen i cant access the boot menu.

Posted by toadster88
Henagon

I'm in the same boat, not sure why this is happening... ugh!

somebody needs to revist their code to make sure things are checked!

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Terrible rollout of this commercial use police state. Too bad you did not see how **bleep** this would turn out for your personal use support base.  **Third Party Product** at [the price has been removed as per community guidelines.]is looking pretty good to me right now.

[the price has been removed as per community guidelines.] sounds GREAT!

Posted by tos9999
Digon

No, my problem has not been solved yet.

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

@GromitD90 In my case it was because my mother's PC is 8,500 miles from my PC. I can't remember if they were promising seven days or 30 days back when I filed the form. After 33 days and a reminder I got unlocked and that was before I was able to visit my mom and install something else. Now, I still use TV but I have a backup installed in case I lose access again. I am starting to be flagged again but I've narrowed to down to the PC attached to my television (I would have writen TV but for the chance of confusion.) 

Posted by RomikB
Digon

I have 2 PC with setted up unattended access, all added to my account, and 2 or 3 portable clients (notebook, work and mobile). I always login to account and connect throught computers and contacts tab. I do this about 5 years. About a year ago TV start annoing me with commertial using. And now any second connection it says me about commersial usage and breaks connection. Version 14 have no a dialog to report false positive commersial usage.

Posted by fgrosswig
Henagon

Re: commercial use on windows server

got same mail from them, guess they massivly enforcing any use to buy their license. TV is dead for me, looking to delete all my account and reaching support or submitting support ticket ends in a circle by leading to this community. cheers up TV this is how you satisfy your free usage customer.  

Posted by fgrosswig
Henagon

Thanks god I am not the only person with this mess. I believe TV enforces their license models heavily. So pursuing customers to pay for the "free of charge" service is great in perspective to the ROI of their sale departments.

for me, TV is dead and deleted on all my "potential" customers i support in my leisure time as business pro *jokeoff* thanks for being 5 years with TV and a usage of 12 times a year, which indicates me as professional user while i randomly connect to a mobile phone support my family in certain android related tasks!!!! But yes you hang off on me. All people around me I highly recommend to avoid using you. this literally **bleep** me off.

Posted by yamayupak
Electron

Same here! I use to connect to the same room desktop from my tablet and now it says commercial use detected and states it gives me only 5 minutes but disconnects in less than 2! im actually using non commercial teamviewer for almost 10 years!!!  but now im also dissapointed and i cant record the session when  im using teamviewer...

Posted by sornord
Trigon

Same situation as you (managing my mom's computer, though she's only 400 miles away.)  Virtually ALL my other TV uses were room-to-room inside my house as I have two computers that are, more or less, special use as a DVR in a small living room and as an audio playback/editor for a small music area I have.  Both have media servers to allow playback of recorded video/audio over other televisions/PCs/tablets in our house.  Neither are fired up regularly except for weekly anti-virus/OS updates, AND both are connected to televisions as monitors.  MY transgression as far as TV is concerned is likely logging onto my main PC at home from a doctor's waiting room over their guest WiFi.