Posted by JosepM
Henagon

"Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free"...fake message?

My user is still blocked after his reactivation message... ☹ I’m not professional user, i only help my family! Should we install **Third Party Product**?
11 Replies
Posted by Nesoor
Photon

Re: "Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free"...fake message?

I have the exact same problem and this is already the second time.
This really starts to annoy me.

Posted by CroCan
Henagon

The same here.

I just complained again.

Posted by CroCan
Henagon

Yes, with **Third Party Product** you can connect 5 pc's for free using cloud connection.

But TeamViewer performance is still a bit better.

Posted by nadsha
Henagon

I also received the same message "TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”" but i still can't connect to my Laptop via my cell phone. Sometime i am out on the road and needs some info from my laptop but even though message says "TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”" but i still can't connect to my laptop via my cell phone and disconnected with in 2 minutes or less

Posted by nadsha
Henagon

Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

STILL NOT WORKING
Posted by CroCan
Henagon

>>**Third Party Product** is for 30 days trial

You have to create an account and add 5 computers for personal usage for free.

Posted by nadsha
Henagon

I already have team viewer account but its says commercial use detected

even i have received an email that my account is set to free

Dear TeamViewer User
 Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as personal

Highlighted
Posted by lindatkd
Henagon

Hi, did you ever get a resolution? I got the same thing a week ago, a few hours after installing another trial version, which then expired this morning, 7 days later. The email TeamViewer sent doesn't address how to reset your license. They make it sound like it's all set, like they did something on their end. I suspect they need to do something but they didn't actually do it. 

I’ve already uninstalled [including removing the settings], removed the TeamViewer [client] ID from the registry, deleted the computer from the online console, rebooted, ran CCleaner and Glary to clean up any remnants and reinstalled.  TeamViewer somehow still knows what the ID was and automatically fills it in, so it still thinks my trial license is expired. I cannot use it.

This should just not be happening when someone is just using it for personal use.

Thanks!

PS I just saw that the TeamViewer ID is tied to multiple hardware and software identifiers on the computer and has nothing to do with the online account.

2 Replies
Posted by nadsha
Henagon

yes for me it is fixed already. Team Viewer team activated my account again

Posted by lindatkd
Henagon

Cool. Did you have to do anything on your end, such as log out and back in or reinstall the software?

Posted by harold3212
Digon

no, it's not a fake message, you can use TeamViewer on up to 5 computers for free, don't install third-party product becuase it would be non reliable.