Options

Comments

• SergioGarcia2023
    Options

I have free TeamViewer but do not work

• LizChir123
    LizChir123 Posts: 1
    Options

My TeamViewer is kicking me out of the program and requesting payment.

• TerryS
    TerryS Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I cannot connect with my remote without it asking to upgrade

• RGjertsen
    RGjertsen Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I only use the free Non-Commercial version of TV and lately I have been timed out after less then a minute in remote access.

I have used this program for years without this issue before. Their website also says no timelimit so what is wrong at my end?

Both PCs are updates to the latest version of TV, 15.43.7.

• PiotrB2000
    PiotrB2000 Posts: 1
    edited July 2023
    Options

Good morning, I have a problem with the application and account. I use TeamViewer to help my family (about 10-12 devices) and every time I try to connect I get information that the session has been interrupted because my use indicates that I earn money using TeamViewer, which is not true and making connections is temporarily blocked.

• plemmertz
    plemmertz Posts: 1
    Options

Teamviewer thought I was using their free version for work purposes and basically blocked my use of the app. Now I want the app to remote into my son's computer when he needs help and I can't do it. Is there anyway to contact Teamviewer to roll back this restriction?

• Stellarplacebo
    Stellarplacebo Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options

I have used TeamViewer for many, many years and love it. I only use the free version helping a few family members or friends occasionally.

Today, trying to help my wife's aunt in Oklahoma City that I've helped for years, I get a licensing problem error. It says, "It seems there might be a licensing problem...".

The weird part is I am not having any trouble connecting to my other computers here at home.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• DiogenesOfIndy
    DiogenesOfIndy Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I get this same error. Ironically, I use it for the opposite of business purposes. To access my desktop at home while I'm at work on my personal laptop.

This being said, I've been WFH for a year, so when I installed the new update now that I'm back in office, I really enjoyed the UI update.

• Stellarplacebo
    Options

DiogeneseOfindy, so are you saying that when you updated to the new TeamViewer UI interface that it solved the licensing problem error?

I have the latest TeamViewer versions installed on everything, but I like the old UI better and I'm using it on all the computers I deal with.

• DiogenesOfIndy
    Options

No, I'm saying it [i]started[/i] when I updated, but other than this software breaking bug, I've enjoyed the new UI. I was trying compliment the devs while still trying to solve our shared issue.

• Stellarplacebo
    Options

Oh, ok thanks.

I will try resetting with Ling_Q's link and let everyone know the results.

• florence220
    florence220 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello, I am a 78 year old lady and my son cannot connect to me although he has a peronal use to help me with anything I do not understand on my computer. It just blocks him. He does not run a company whereby he needs Teamviewer for business use. His only use is for me. We have tried to connect this morning as I wanted some help, but frustratingly we have not been able to connect.

Can anyone out there help us please.

florence 220

• ju3t1nz
    ju3t1nz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have the exact same problem.

I've had my free Teamviewer account for over 10 years now.

All the sudden I try logging into my 2nd computer with both logged in as me and also tried logging in as my roommate so the email ids would be different and that didn't help.

Can someone tell me how we're suppose to clear this error?

I've had the account 10 years and I'm not a commercial user.

Is there a support contact we can email or all we get are these forums?

thanks

ju3t1nz

• ju3t1nz
    ju3t1nz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Greetings Support,

I've had the same free Teamviewer account for over `10 years now.

Haven't used it in a while.

Logged in and authorized trust on 2 laptops. 2 separate accounts.

Teamviewer is not allowing the connection due to suspected commercial use and drops the connection after 5 minutes.

Tried logging myself in both laptops and have the same issue.

How can I get past this connection error and tell Teamviewer I'm not a commercial user.

Thanks

ju3t1nz

• Suguru
    Suguru Posts: 1
    edited August 2023
    Options

**bleep** I am so **bleep** at this program right now!!!

I've been using TeamViewer for quite some time to connect to my other PC at hometown (which my mom uses) to help her with tech stuff she isn't familiar at all and since some time I am constantly being told by this **bleep** prompt that I AM USING TEAMVIEWER FOR COMMERCIAL USE!!! HOW **bleep** AM I USING IT IN COMMERCIAL WAY!!!???

How do I change this? What **bleep** do I have to do to use the program the way I used to - to just connect to my other PC so I can simply help my mom with the stuff that is so **bleep** infuriatingly difficult to do over phone...

• rvia100
    rvia100 Posts: 1
    Options

I keep loosing my connection after a short period of time. I am using the free version at home. The time doesn't seem to be consistent, but I have not put a clock on it. In the past, not long ago, I was able to keep a connection running for hours. I have updated to the latest version. I am thinking it's a connection time limitation to the free version, but I don't know.

Thanks for the help,

Rob

• archview
    archview Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Similar issue. I only use TeamViewer for personal use. I will be travelling shortly so I was checking that everything still works, but when I tried to use my (windows 10) laptop to access my Windows 11 desktop I get a message implying I am supporting other users (I am not) and I now need a paid licence. What Is going on and how can I get my free licence to work again? Both machines are using latest version and new interface.

• archview
    archview Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I use TeamViewer a couple of times a year - only for personal use on my own machines. I was planning to use it again shortly, so I have updated to the version on both my desktop and laptop - as the laptop (Win 10) has hardly been used for a year I also ran Windows update.

When started TeamViewer on the Laptop I get

I only use TeamViewer for personal use, I am not an IT professional and my usage pattern should only be 2-3 weeks each summer. How can I get back to normal service?

• Martin_Finke
    Martin_Finke Posts: 1
    Options

my account is blocked since my profil showed for some reasons a commercial use.

my account is only for privat and no commercial use.

How can I unblock my account.

thanks

Martin

• engelp
    engelp Posts: 1
    Options

Same

• Stellarplacebo
    Options

My apologies to everyone. I received an answer from Ying Q at TeamViewer Support on 7-23. It was in a separate email and after I applied the fix I forgot to go back and post it for the Support Forum. Below is the reply from Ying Q with the necessary link to correct the problem. Again, sorry everyone.

Hi,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Community!

Sometimes, TeamViewer detects falsely commercial use. We are sorry about the inconvenience.

You can request the reset for your TeamViewer IDs here:  https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Reminder: Don't forget to add all IDs to the form (the IDs from the local, and remote sides). 

Thanks, and have a great day!

Ying_Q

• Marcus_P
    Marcus_P Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

I get this message when connecting to my other computers and get disconnected from the session.

"We are sorry for the interruption Unrortunalely. we Will have to limit your usage of TeamViewer because the usage pattern suggests that you have been supporting others professionally

To continue using TeamViewer, please subscribe to a license plan"

For about 4 years ago I had a company computer with their Team Viewer company License that I connected remotly to my computers, It started after these sessions.

I only use it now for personal use.

Is there a solution for this?

• DiogenesOfIndy
    Options

Thanks for that link, Stellarplacebo!

• malva121
    malva121 Posts: 1
    Options

Dear Support,

I am just a personal user only, but the software suddenly treats me as a commercial use, please help to solve this problem.

Thanks.

• Stellarplacebo
    Options

You're welcome DiogenesOfindy. It looks like they have merged this where it has been a problem for a lot of people. Cheers

• knwpsk
    knwpsk Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options

INSIGHT:

I've been testing and troubleshooting this a bit. I'm fairly certain now that any time you connect your mobile or laptop to any "business" network, Teamviewer detects this and restricts your device.

But then there's this: I'm fairly certain that any IP address that's on a Comcast Business network is going to get you restricted. Teamviewer is apparently assuming that if you use a Comcast Business IP address, you must be on a business network and using TV for business purposes.

And in case you didn't know: Comcast (both home and business) started this program called "Xfiniti Wifi" years ago. On every one of their home and business modems, they broadcast an SSID called Xfiniti wifi. If you're a comcast customer (home or business) you can connect to Xfiniti Wifi anywhere in the world and get internet service. This doesn't mean you're using that network for business purposes, but that's how Teamviewer's surveillance is interpreting it.

How do I know?

Because my laptop got restricted when I was away from home. I filled out the form and got it unrestricted. I used it at home for a while (days) and never had a problem. Then I was at a coffee shop and connected to xfinity wifi, and opened Teamviewer and connect to my home PC, and bam, I got restricted again immediately. I repeated this cycle a couple of times, and it happens every time.

I've corresponded with a TV staffer who's watching this thread, and explained it to her.

What I don't know: If i fill out the "please unrestrict me" form, and include my laptop ID, will they whitelist it so that it doesn't get restricted any more times? Or will they simply unrestrict it, and then next time I connect to xfinity wifi (etc), it will get locked down again? Waiting for an answer on this question.

1946 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

I have a problem when I connect with my sisters Computer to help her it keeps cutting me off constantly. I have sent in a letter that I am not using this commercialy but it still is cutting me off. waht can I do that this doesn't happen all the time. I help both of my sisters my Niece and a Friend. please can you help?

• Leif_Axelsson
    Leif_Axelsson Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hello

Why can't I use Teamviewer? I help my mother who is 88 years old and 4-5 friends via Teamviewer. Would never charge to help them.

My [removed per Community Guidelines]

MVH Leif Axelsson

• HarryBR
    HarryBR Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

if i help my brother from a distance he will throw me out after a few minutes?

• muhtada
    muhtada Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I can't connect my IOS device (ipad 9th generation) to my windows 11 laptop

when I try to connect on my ipad it shows an error message which says that the connection is blocked, even though I have never connected to the laptop not even once.