Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• lugeno
    lugeno Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Same issue. I do not use TV for commercial purposes but a session expires for time out after less than one minute.

Tried to log out and reconnect but with no results.

How can I fix it?

• Lowry2019
    Lowry2019 Posts: 1
    Options

Me bloquea la conexión porque dice que he superado el plazo.

No me deja conectar con un familiar.

• anaprim
    anaprim Posts: 1
    Options

At some point I started getting the Commercial Use detected pop up. It also limit my usage to 5 min which is really annoying. I'm using it strictly for personal stuff to manage few other systems in my home and one Win system in my mother in law home, cause she is too old to do it herself. There is no support for free accounts... Anyone can help?

• joesig1
    joesig1 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I received a message saying that "I am suspected using TeamViewer in commercial or professional environment”. This is not the case. I'm am not using TeamViewer in commercial environment. I never had done so. I’ve been using TeamViewer for at least 10-years to access my PCs throughout the house. I have four PCs in different rooms on which I want to share files. I’m going on 83 in two months and can’t get around like I used to. Everything I do is for my own personal use. About 2-5 years ago I was getting this message and my account was repeatedly locked. I don’t remember how I did it, but I was able to write a lengthy explanation of how I use TeamViewer. As a result, they unlocked my account. This happened several times over the years. Then it stopped. I thought they had fixed their algorithm; however, now it has started again and I can’t seem to find any way to communicate with them. Does anyone have an answer on how to resolve this issue? A phone number or support email address would be SOOO helpful!!

• salvopa
    salvopa Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited March 15
    Options
    Hi, I'm a user ith a free license, I use the software for non-commercial uses and inevitably it was recognized as commercial use. After several attempts (conflicts between the previous version and the updated version, but never mind) I managed to access the license reset section and fill out the reset form. after a couple of days I received an email telling me that my license had been reinstated. in the description of the compilation procedure it is not clear that it was necessary to specify all the IDs of all the devices used for remote control, so I only enter the ID of the device from which I connect. in the recovery email it is specified that if there were errors in filling out the form the system would not have solved the problem and so it was, suspected commercial use. it is also specified that in case of errors you could repeat the operation done previously, remedying the error... well.... that's not the case. once the recovery form compilation page has been recovered, the form is no longer displayed, much less any correction action, but only the download button of the previously completed form, without having the possibility of resending another one. do you know how to solve the problem?, telephone and chat support is non-existent if you are a user who has not paid any money (I was told this by an assistant in chat)

• popathome
    popathome Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

Adding more info to the web page for resetting would go a long way toward helping people know everything they need to do.

Multi ids for phone. Need to click after the last id is entered, as examples

Just my 2c worth.

Jim

• aeonspoke
    aeonspoke Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I'm in the same position! TeamViewer, please, fix this!

• Crashtest007
    Crashtest007 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the EXACT same problem, after using TeamViewer for a long time. Now it says I am using it Commercially. I AM NOT

Has ANYONE EVER received a reply to this post OR Does it fall on deaf Ears?

• JereckNET
    JereckNET Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Whenever I log into Reset Management - TeamViewer, I get a message saying "Thank you, your request was submitted successfully." with a link to download a PDF.

The PDF is about the request I sent on Sep 24 2023 (5 month ago). I never received any response.

Is there a way to resubmit the request, or is moving to another remote access system the only solution ?

• cdmjjp
    cdmjjp Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have had a personal free account fir over 10 years. Suddenly I have been blocked as Teamviewer think that I am using the account commercially. One look at my usage will see that I use it maybe a dozen times a year. The main use is to help my wife and daughters as they are not really tech savoie. The other use I have is to transfer papers from one computer to another of my computers. As the account is restricted to 3 computers I don't see how I can be using it commercially.

The message received says to contact them with no way to do so.

Help please.

• MAmmar88
    MAmmar88 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Dears,

I have a problem from yesterday only after update.

Says" A connection could not be established connection blocked>>> you reached the maximum session duration to this teamviewer Id, Please try again later"

And this session was less than 1 min only and use in my PC from Mobile.

Any help please ?

• Smart_1
    Smart_1 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Keep saying I'm using it commercially I'm just looking after my mum's phone and laptop

Hope you can help

• LegoMaster
    LegoMaster Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am using free person use version.

When I attempt connecting to my mother in laws pc I get a message TV has timeout and the connection is broken.

• tgtis
    tgtis Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

My understanding is the free version only allows you to stay connected for about 30 minutes. That's why it's free.

• popathome
    Options

Adding more info to the web page for resetting would go a long way toward helping people know everything they need to do.

Multi ids for phone. Need to click after the last id is entered, as examples

Just my 2c worth.

Jim

• popathome
    Options

Using the reset page worked for me.

I got the email, used the embedded link and it worked.

Added the missinf id.

We'll see

Jim

• Maizo
    Maizo Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Did the timeout value changed? 30 minutes would be a dream I am getting timeouts after 5 minutes

• Maizo
    Maizo Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Did the terms of the free license changed?

Until recently I was able to support my aging parents using your wonderful tool. However recently I only get 5 minutes per session and that makes it impossible to help them because both their internet and computers are slow and everything takes a long time.

If the 5 minute limit the basis of your free home license? If so please let me know so I can start looking for a different tool to support my family.

• Egnosa
    Egnosa Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Same problem here.

I'm only using team viewer for phone-->PC and it thinks I'm using it for commercial purposes.

What? Why? How?

• djfrankie
    djfrankie Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I don't understand why the program thinks I'm using it for commercial purposes, when anyone can see that I use it at most 3 times a month because either my parents need help, or my elderly hard-of-hearing acquaintance does. Neither of them understands computers. Can anyone help? I won't buy a business license, I'll just look for another alternative if I can't solve this.

• whatawasteoftime
    whatawasteoftime Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 16
    Options

i followed all instructions and the silly form wont even accept my own information. Postcode not accepted, and neither does ID.

and no way to contact support

edit : I did try to completely uninstall and reinstall after restart, still the same.

• kqmaverick
    kqmaverick Posts: 2
    Options

Yup I have previously submitted the reset license paperwork and got flagged again. Getting very annoying.

• Royfig
    Royfig Posts: 1
    Options

Me esta pasando lo mismo, sino dice que es un uso comercial y yo lo uso para verificar la computadora de mi familia

• Nacnas
    Nacnas Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Good morning. I use team viewer as a private user, but I am detected as a commercial user. how to resolve the problem. THANKS .

bonjour. j'utilise team viewer comme particulier, mais je suis détecté comme un utilisateur commercial. comment régler le problème . Merci .

• mrclean
    mrclean Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I've had a similar problem using not just this program but several others, The company deliberately changes the algorithm to force all users to buy a license. Typical bait and switch. Probably all with this problem will need to abandon use of TeamViewer and find something else.

• Moonlady
    Moonlady Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

it only lasts for 15 seconds now. and then the session is automatically closed. i asked for a reset to my account in this link: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/94784/thank-you-for-playing-fair/p1

i hope it fixes.

• apara
    apara Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Everyone,

I have used TeamViewer to help my 83-year-old mom with her computer and phone. I live in California, and she lives in Florida. Everything has been working fine for a while, but now, the session times out after 1 minute.

Trying to reconnect blocks me until some time in the future. Trying at the time specified in the dialog box blocks and extends the time. If it says until 13:54, I wait until this time and try again at 13:55, and the block message appears telling me to wait until 13:56. Try at 13:57, and the dialog box tells me to wait until 13:58.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I rarely use TeamViewer, but I need to use it when she runs into issues with her phone.

Please help.

Thank you.

• mntlvr
    mntlvr Posts: 1
    Options

I have also used Team viewer for non-commercial use only on 2 computers but now if I connect to downstairs computer from upstairs computer it times out in less than a minute and blocks me from re-connecting.

Why it said I am using this for business and I am not.

I am 78 years old and have hard time going up and down stairs that is why I have been using the free version.

So is there a fix for this issue?

• gipsea
    gipsea Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi there, thanks for your help.

Few days ago i received the Suspected Commercia Use message.

I did reset but in the ID list I only insert the remote ID machine and not the ID of the machine in use. Don't ask me way I did so:(

At the moment I try to reset one more ID but every time I log in in the reset address I can only download the request sent and can't update it.

I tried to log in with different browser with no luck.

Does anyone konw how to update the actual request or send a new one for the local ID

thanks in advance

cheers

• INWondeR
    INWondeR Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hello

Even though I am a free user of your service, and do not use my access to your service in any kind of commercial way, somehows I have been flagged as using it commercially.

I do administer a streaming service for the billard club I attend, but the streaming service has no commercial value what so ever, but now I seem to have been restriced on the downloaded version of Team Viewer so I cannot connect that way any more. I have ha this problem before, and was reinstated to be able to use teamviewer to access the billard club computer again without any issues. But now it seems you have flagged me again.

I cannot submit a ticket, I can apparenty not get any type of support, but I need to have this fixed so I can remotely activate the billard clubs computer again. Is this at all possible?