Unable to open a support ticket? Here's why.

JeanK
JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍
edited February 6 in Announcements

Read this announcement in 中文 | Français | Deutsch | 日本語 Português Español

If you've landed on this page, it is likely that you are seeking assistance from our Customer Support. Please take a moment to read the information below for a better understanding of our support policies. 

For free users 

At TeamViewer, we strive to provide exceptional support to our users. While direct customer support via calls and tickets is not available for free users, we invite you to explore our Knowledge Base and engage with our vibrant Support Forum. Thousands of TeamViewer knowledgeable users help each other and share solutions every day, providing an excellent resource for troubleshooting and guidance. 

👉 Knowledge Base 

👉 Support Forum 

We are confident the collective knowledge of our community will help you find answers to many commonly asked questions. In cases where a solution is not presented, we invite you to begin a new post

For licensed users 

If you are a licensed user and have found yourself here when trying to open a ticket, we apologize for any inconvenience. Please ensure that your license is activated to your account correctly, as only licensed accounts are able to create support tickets

Steps to verify license activation: 

In TeamViewer Remote 

1. Sign in to your TeamViewer account via the full client or the web app
  2. Navigate to Settings (⚙). 
  3. In Profile, go to the Licenses section. 
  4. Verify that your license is active and correctly associated with your account. 

If your license is activated correctly, the license status will display your license type. 

If your license is not activated correctly, the license status will display as TeamViewer Free

In TeamViewer (Classic) 

1. Sign in to your TeamViewer account via the Management Console
  2. Your license status will be displayed right under your username in the top right corner of the interface. 

If your license is activated correctly, the license status will display your license type. 

If your license is not activated correctly, the license status will display as Free

If your license is showing free even though you purchased a TeamViewer license, or if you have any issues during the activation process, refer to our activation guides and start the activation process again

License activation guides 

Once the license is successfully activated on your account, you will be able to submit a support ticket. ✅ 

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. TeamViewer is committed to providing an excellent user experience, and we are here to support you in every way we can. 

If you have questions or feedback regarding the above, feel free to ask us in the thread below. 

Happy connecting, 

/JeanK 

Community Manager

Comments

• shetty
    shetty Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi

teamview remote connection is hectic slow and its too hard to control remote system , it hangs , disconnects . i am frustrated using it. i already performed advices given like turning on off udp connection . i also upgraded internet plan as well as taken new tp link arch 10 1500mbps speed router but still . i am repenting on why i took this subscription

• KCSBas
    KCSBas Posts: 1

Hello, I want to submit a ticket and I checked that my license is activated. But I still get this page. Can you please check what is going wrong and fix the issue so I can submit a ticket?

Thanks!

• Tod_Buzzs2024
    Tod_Buzzs2024 Posts: 1

I have purchased a Business License. I have received my invoice and confirmation of purchase but did not receive a activation email. Checked junk folder nothing. Can someone advise on next steps. Thanks

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi @Tod_Buzzs2024,

We are sorry to know that the activation email has not reached you yet.

In this case, we kindly ask you to call the TeamViewer Support Team for help resending the activation email. The local helpline can be found here - Customer Support. Hope you will receive the activation email smoothly this time.

If you need help with the activation process and Business license administration, we have prepared this Community article too - Activate your Business license.

feel free to drop a comment if we may help you with any questions.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • CaryAtwood_2024
    CaryAtwood_2024 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Teamviewer is awful! They make is impossible to cancel the Trial. I attempted to open a support ticket where it opens this page. The sales rep, Wyatt was intrusive, pushy and unhelpful. I called the 239# which hung up on me because i don't get phone support. Absolutely ridiculous. The platform is so inefficient and confusing. I hate teamviewer.

• tearingmyhairout
    tearingmyhairout Posts: 1 Newbie

I am having the same experience - let me out of here!!

• TeamviewerTaltech
    TeamviewerTaltech Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 5

Hi

I am a paying customer for ca 10+ years now, unfortunately, our administrator account owner has left our company and did not pass on the account information, so now I need to get access to my subscription.

I wrote to your support on Friday 01st of March, which replied

That I should open a support ticket from the customer portal, however, I can't access my customer portal

So going where the link sends me to activate it, it sends me

after adding my invoice nr, I get Customer Support (teamviewer.com)

trying to open a ticket

It sends me to this forum..

So how do I get access to my subscription info?

I am offended that Yopur system replies, while I'm being rund-around, and I am still no closer to getting access to my subscription

How Am I supposed to pay for my renewal now ??

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @TeamviewerTaltech,

Thanks a lot for sharing your issue.

The reason why you got redirected here, instead of the ticket portal, is that your license is not activated on your TeamViewer account (which makes sense, as it is the actual issue you are trying to solve).

To get you to a solution as quickly as possible, I'd recommend checking if you can find the activation e-mail in your (or your colleague's) inbox. The activation email has the following subject: Your TeamViewer License Activation

Once you find it, you can follow the license activation process as explained here: Activate your Premium or Corporate license

If you can't find your activation email, the best thing is to call Support directly. Our team can send it to you.

Keep me posted on your progress. 🍀

/JeanK

Community Manager

• INWondeR
    INWondeR Posts: 1 Newbie

Hello

Even though I am a free user of your service, and do not use my access to your service in any kind of commercial way, somehows I have been flagged as using it commercially.

I do administer a streaming service for the billard club I attend, but the streaming service has no commercial value what so ever, but now I seem to have been restriced on the downloaded version of Team Viewer so I cannot connect that way any more. I have ha this problem before, and was reinstated to be able to use teamviewer to access the billard club computer again without any issues. But now it seems you have flagged me again.

I cannot submit a ticket, I can apparenty not get any type of support, but I need to have this fixed so I can remotely activate the billard clubs computer again. Is this at all possible?

• Dobias
    Dobias Posts: 1

Paid user with an activated license and I'm still sent here just like others. You are ignoring this issue and I can't submit a ticket!

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi @Dobias,

Thank you for visiting the Community!

Something could go wrong with the license activation, leading to the denial of accessing the ticket system. We strongly recommend contacting our support team to sort out the situation with the TeamViewer license.

Hope you can get the issue resolved soon!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • andrecad
    andrecad Posts: 1

Hi, I still cannot open a ticket to report a problem. I am no longer getting notification emails related to my policy. Also, I cannot see the policy on the policy list, however it seems to be assigned to all machines I am controlling.