Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Hallo, ich erhalte trotz Verwendung der Free-Verison (privater, nicht kommerzieller gebrauch) auf meinem PC die Meldung "...Ihre Lizenz ist jedoch leider für diese version nicht gültig..." usw.

Habe bereits einen Neuinstallation durchgeführt, hilft allerdings nicht. die meldung nervt :(

MfG

F. Schmitt

• i have same problem, i have no idea how to fix this 

T.S
  • Jackinabox
    Jackinabox Posts: 41 Staff member 🤠

Hi MJJPA,

Thank you for your post.

TeamViewer is certainly free for use, so long as the usage is within the free usage terms.

In regards to the "trial" message, this appears as a particular option was selected during installation. 
    "sl33pyon3" has posted a link to the correct information and reason, in his posted reply.
    If you follow the article, it will show you how to resolve the issue.

Thanks again,

Yuhi

• blanc
    blanc Posts: 1

Bonjour à toutes et tous,

Voilà j'utilise teamviewer à des fins privé et toujours de mon domicile. Ayant changé de pc j'ai dû télécharger le logiciel sauf que celui-ci m'a autorisé un accès gratuit pendant 7 jours et maintenant me demande d'acheter la licence;

Comment puis-je remedier à cela sachant que j'ai désinstaller et réinstaller et mon adresse IP est reconnue automatiquement

Merci de votre aide

Alice

• Here's what I think is a unique (first and last time) problem/challenge for this legal fiction and its global community!

The following describes my predicament, and the problem that was presented to TV via its page at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected?_ga=2.44149412.1027327519.1519615486-1190980223.1519615486.

"We are a family of four (soon to be five) out of six (of my own) homeschooled children, and we utilize Team Viewer so I can "oversee/monitor", interact and support my children's education which takes place in our 100% digitized/paperless homeschool environment via Google's LMS (Learning Management System) "Google Classroom" (recent implementation). We have ZERO business appliances (because we don't have a business), and 20+ "personal-only" devices, computers, TV's etc, (including five PC's and a Mac).

We intended and hoped to rely on TeamViewer, all day, every day, but if our usage constitutes "commercial use" we will have no choice but to seek free alternatives (if possible), and compare TeamViewer's offering to that of fee-bearing services like Zoho, and/or utilize Google Hangouts in conjunction with other free programs such as Discord, scribblar, liveboards, or preexisting subscription-based bundle inclusions like Skype."

14 days ago I submitted my log file and the explanation above, and yesterday I discovered that actual/real "LAN-only" connections are possible with TeamViewer (by entering the IP addresses of the "local" computers in the "partner ID" section). I don't know if this would make a difference in being targeted as a suspected commercial user. I also discovered (in this thread) that vendor's/IT support tech's offering a service to you (and who remote into your TeamViewer ID's associated with "free/personal" accounts), can also arouse suspicion! I don't understand how that can have a bearing on the conduct of the machines connected to your "free/personal" accounts.

[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy]

It'll be interesting to see what solution TeamViewer offers, and also if any other homeschooling parents use TV in the manner that I do, and if so, what their experiences have been.

[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #6 - Just the facts, please]

• [comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy]

I submitted logs and complaint to TV over a month ago now, still no action on my free user account, still getting the commercial use suspected and sometimes it says business network detected, though i'm only using it on my home network!!  So i doubt you will get any action from them, at this time they seem to be completely ignoring the free users.  They closed their ticket submission for problems to paid users only, then they made it separate page to submit a report for commercial use suspected, so the signs are their they are just tossing us out in the wind.

• For information,

I used the link I posted to leave a ticket to Teamviewer team. And although it was warning me that they may take some lonnnnng time to reply to me I received an answer quite quickly.

They remotely turned off the pop up message.

I just tested it at home between my two computers.

No more messages.

Thank you Teamviewer.

For the others, I hope you'll have a quick reply and that they will help you correct it as they did for me.

• For information,

I left a ticket to Teamviewer team. And although it was warning me that they may take some lonnnnng time to reply to me I received an answer quite quickly.

They remotely turned off the pop up message.

I just tested it at home between my two computers.

No more messages.

Thank you Teamviewer.

For the others, I hope you'll have a quick reply and that they will help you correct it as they did for me.

• Banu
    Banu Posts: 1

Bei mir wurde eine Kommerziellenutzung festgestellt. Was aber nicht stimmt. Ich habe keine Firma und kein Geschäft. Ich nutze TeamViewer privat und nicht Kommerziell. Ich bitte das diese Sperre aufgehoben wird!

I use it private! To help my family or any other reasons but but only privat!

I hope u will remove the 5 mins limit.

[email removed]

Alboz23

• yogifrog
    yogifrog Posts: 3 ✭✭

hello, I have with teamviewer the problem I would use the software allegedly in the commercial environment although I use it only privately within the family / circle of friends (more than 40 devices), affected is my TeamViewer account with the deposited in the account (login for this forum) address as well as my [personal information removed by moderator], what can I do because TeamViewer unfortunately no longer offers e-mail support for private persons and offers only business customers what I can not understand.

• Jayrom
    Jayrom Posts: 1

Hello, 

I used the Request from commercial use form because I'm using 2 accounts/ 1 commercial, one personnal. I usually access to my personnal computer with my computer from work, but I always disconnect myself from my commercial account. 

I received an email from support team on Friday, 22th of february at 22:24 saying that the request has been successfully accepted, with my ID set to private. 

Today I tried to login as personnal, but as soon as I'm connecting to my personnel computer, the same message for non-commercial use is shown. 

Is that possible to check everything's good?

Thanks in advance, Best regards, J

•  

Hi, I dont know how I got to activate some license but I don't want bussiness and now I cannot use it anymore - please help it's for personal use - what should I do ?

I get the message : Trial version *expired* 

I never intended to use for bussiness 

I need free version please

• Hi.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I did look at Google's remote desktop, but that unfortunately doesn't suit our application requirements.  The closest product that would suit our requirements is FixMe.IT (at US$300 p.a.) but it's lacking some of TV's features which are also beneficial to us (such as the ability to have meetings and use VOIP) because my children and I use wireless headsets to communicate (to minimize disruption to those working) and sometimes we hold "meetings" so that they can all view my desktop from their PC's (instead of all hovering around the (four) monitors attached to my PC).

I realized that "allow incoming LAN connections" was "deactivated" (under extras > options) on some of my kid's PC's which was preventing me from connecting to their machines on the LAN.  Connecting this way means I don't receive the pop-up "commercial use detected/suspected" etc (makes sense, I think), but we cannot use VOIP or meetings feature because this occurs over the internet.  Soooooooooo....we're using a combination of TV (LAN-only) to oversee/support/model/demonstrate/assist only, in conjunction with "discord" (for VOIP and chat).  We're also testing fixMe.IT on a 15-day free trial.

As a fee-paying G Suite for Business customer (because as homeschoolers, we're frequently discriminated against and ineligible for many FREE "education" products like G Suite for Education, subscriptions and any applicable discounts) I may look at google hangouts, and/or "google meet" to see if I can achieve something similar to "'screen sharing meetings".

You know there's something wrong when a profoundly sick society (no surpises), forces you to hemorrhage US$30K p.a. for virtual private school curriculum, so you can homeschool your kids in order to protect them from xenophobes, racists, bigots, and predators like pedophiles, and hebophiles!

• @kb0nlywrote:

[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy]

I submitted logs and complaint to TV over a month ago now, still no action on my free user account, still getting the commercial use suspected and sometimes it says business network detected, though i'm only using it on my home network!!  So i doubt you will get any action from them, at this time they seem to be completely ignoring the free users.  They closed their ticket submission for problems to paid users only, then they made it separate page to submit a report for commercial use suspected, so the signs are their they are just tossing us out in the wind.

Hi.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I did look at Google's remote desktop, but that unfortunately doesn't suit our application requirements.  The closest product that would suit our requirements is FixMe.IT (at US$300 p.a.) but it's lacking some of TV's features which are also beneficial to us (such as the ability to have meetings and use VOIP) because my children and I use wireless headsets to communicate (to minimize disruption to those working) and sometimes we hold "meetings" so that they can all view my desktop from their PC's (instead of all hovering around the (four) monitors attached to my PC).

I realized that "allow incoming LAN connections" was "deactivated" (under extras > options) on some of my kid's PC's which was preventing me from connecting to their machines on the LAN.  Connecting this way means I don't receive the pop-up "commercial use detected/suspected" etc (makes sense, I think), but we cannot use VOIP or meetings feature because this occurs over the internet.  Soooooooooo....we're using a combination of TV (LAN-only) to oversee/support/model/demonstrate/assist only, in conjunction with "discord" (for VOIP and chat).  We're also testing fixMe.IT on a 15-day free trial.

As a fee-paying G Suite for Business customer (because as homeschoolers, we're frequently discriminated against and ineligible for many FREE "education" products like G Suite for Education, subscriptions and any applicable discounts) I may look at google hangouts, and/or "google meet" to see if I can achieve something similar to "'screen sharing meetings".

You know there's something wrong when a profoundly sick society (no surpises), forces you to hemorrhage US$30K p.a. for virtual private school curriculum, so you can homeschool your kids in order to protect them from xenophobes, racists, bigots, and predators like pedophiles, and hebophiles!

• pacha35
    pacha35 Posts: 1

I have the same message each time I use Teamviewer.
    I don't use teamviewer for commercial only to  help some old parents and old friends (the younger have no need to be help !).

Question : how to fix this Teamviewer message ?

• wrmichael
    wrmichael Posts: 17

@pacha35wrote:

I have the same message each time I use Teamviewer.
    I don't use teamviewer for commercial only to  help some old parents and old friends (the younger have no need to be help !).

Question : how to fix this Teamviewer message ?

go to this link and submit your info: 

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

• Hello today I try to log in my computer in Ireland and I have messege that mt computer is blocked becouse commercial use suspected... I didn't use it for nothing comercial
  • skooter
    skooter Posts: 2

Good day,

Now I have a new operating system installed. And thus a new ID.
    As in the past now begins again "the message that I may use the program commercially"
    For the umpteenth time, I denied this for the umpteenth time.
    Therefore, I'll write again that you reset the status.
    You absolutely have to change the filters, I've been working for decades with your volunteer program to help poor people.
    However, I have not had such annoying reports throughout the previous years.
    I already know your standard answer to my e-mail.

MfG Günter Müller

My new ID: XXX XXX XXX (Removed by Moderator)

My presumed old ID: XXX XXX XXX (Removed by Moderator)

• diazlee
    diazlee Posts: 1

Someone can revise my license?

Its free and now say i need to pay.

My id is [ID removed by Moderator]

Thanks

• sjazz
    sjazz Posts: 1

I'm having the issue described here:  https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265 

" If you believe you use TeamViewer exclusively for private purposes, please contact us through this form for TeamViewer Commercial Use Suspected."

However, the link (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected?_ga=2.232309078.858688994.1520303336-990459452.1509251515 ) is broken.  How can I report that my use is private without this form?

Thanks,

S

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi sjazz,

The form is the only method.

What do you mean it is broken? I have just tested the link https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/ and this is working fine.

Can you explain the issue or maybe try on a different browser?

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • when I try to sta

When I try to start the session, a sign tells me that I am using my PC for commercial use and I have been using it for personal reasons for more than two years. I am in Spain and I connect my PC in Spain with the one in Argentina. How can i solve this problem? Because it does not allow me to enter.

rt de session whit a Pc 

• How can i fix this annoying trial period expired issue?

i am using for personal reasons and connecting between only my personal computers

• mattdud
    mattdud Posts: 5 ✭✭

After 5 minutes of using Temaviewer 12, I am being timed out stating its been unused.

I have checked all the settings but nothing works.  Please help!  V.v.v.v.v.v. annoying!!

• i have already download teamviewer13 buy it is writing to me that i have a 5 days to used it and than it is expired i want to use it for free why is it like that?

• Virvia
    Virvia Posts: 1

I have the same issue can someone help with that problem? 

• Sorry if this is already answered, i did a quick search and found nothing.
    So the question is, if i want to connect from my pc or my android to another android do i need a paid licence?
    I ask because i was setting up teamviewer host in an android, all went well, but when i tested it from mi pc i got a mesege saing "suspected commercial use" but it let me remote the phone anyway.
    I only intent to use this to remote the phone i'm giving my parents if they experience any problems; like i do when they have problems on their pc.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    Here is capture of the message
    Captura.JPG

• joselemos
    joselemos Posts: 3 ✭✭

I'm using the free version, but it says commercial use suspected, I just don't understand :smileyfrustrated: . I use TeamViewer for personal purposes only.

• I am using Teamviwer alot, mostly when my friend doesnt know hwo to do anything with huis laptop.

He needs help at installing programms, using photoshop what ever....
    I am not using it for any comercial things?! Can i bypass this? This is really annoying! My acount is locked for 5 minutes...

• The same is begin to happen to me.. Someone know what is these issues?
    I don't use teamviewer so frequently or so long, and normaly is for help my dad or my friend.