Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• That's exactly how I use TV, for a computer without a monitor.  Looks like I'll be switching to a different third party software as I no longer want to use this product after the botched up job they did with this tagging as commercial use policy. 

They must have had new management come in and ruin their company.  I know I'll never pay again for this dis-service

• Phinley12
    Phinley12 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I tried uninstall and install 4 times 2 days ago to see if I could get it to work.  I also cleared the registry.  We tried to connect after I did all that work and would you believe it I found I was back up and running as a personal user.

Maybe coincidence or maybe someone at support finally did something.  i have heard from anyone but its good that my friend and i can communicate properly once more.

• weeks ago i connected my friend pc then i got limit. when i connect my self pc 1 min later connection is out, 10 min later i can connect. personel use verification page not working pls help me. i cant send log file...

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 915 Moderator

Hello @Phinley12 , @WB4IUY ,

thanks for posting in the Community, Welcome! :)

Please remember that there can be cases where TeamViewer incorrectly detects commercial use and limits your connectivity even though you don't violate the license conditions. Please fill out the form and our support team will help you further. This form is the only way to reset your ID.

For more information please read: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• Why all of the sudden is connecting from my work computer to my home computer now considered a commerical usage? I've been using teamviewer since **third party product** switched there service around this way.

• The reason why you got that is not the device you are connecting to but, the network that you are on to connect to it.  It did not like my synagogue's network and it did not like the public library network.  You have to fill out a form on Teamview's website.

I want to know if they are going to add a feature to the software to allow it to show the status of the tickets.

• To the tech guys, is there a way to see the status of the tickets?

• Hi there, 

I'm not sure how to open an issue thus I choose to ake here. 

I'm an academic Ph.D. candidate, and just received an alert about commercial usage. However, I'm now traveling in the university (with the wifi of eduroam) and I tried to connect my server in the lab (also another academic IP). My purpose is all about personal stuff and research stuff (I assume research is not part of commercial). Is there any way you can remove my alert since you can definitely check the range of IPs I used for both sides?

Best wishes, 

• Same... I only recently started getting Commercial Usage alerts after using the product for years on three personal laptops.  No business use at all.  Something is up.

• gerrym52
    gerrym52 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same here.   Many years of use in my home.    I filled out one of the 'commerical use' feedback forms and received an email to follow up  here in the community forum.   
    If I am posting this to the incorrect location please let me know.   Thanks in advance!  -Gerry

• Hi there,

Thanks for replying and sharing your situation!

May I know where you submit the form?

Best wishes,

• Same for me. Now I'm locked out of my server for 20 minutes because "immediate reconnects" are blocked without a license. This needs to get fixed ASAP.

• why teamviewer disconnect when i share my this blog  in message

• gerrym52
    gerrym52 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Submitting the 'form' is no longer the correct process.   Their email states basically.. .this forum is now how such issues are resolved.    Here is what they sent to me.

----------------------------------------------

Dear TeamViewer Customer,

We are continuously working to optimize the way we handle your requests.

Which is why we have discontinued the usage of the support email address: [email protected] We now have a form on our website, solely dedicated to handling all your requests: www.teamviewer.com/support Please use this form for any future request to TeamViewer.

For readily available tips and ongoing expert discussions on TeamViewer-related issues, please join us on our community https://community.teamviewer.com and be part of the global TeamViewer Community.

Thanks for understanding.

Your TeamViewer Support Team

• I am also having this issue. I use TeamViewer excusing to help my elderly mother troubleshoot her laptop. This is only my second or third time using the app, and it won't allow me to connect. 

• tired of getting commercial usage when helping family members

• GrantLake
    GrantLake Posts: 1

The form does not work in either Chrome or IE, the field Affected TeamViewer ID populates itself with _______ and won't allow any input.

• It seems as though version 14 started blocking me. What I can determine seems like a bug in the software. If a bad password is entered causing a message the software from that point on thinks it is commercial use after the correct password is entered. Then it seems like it disconnects the machines within 2 minutes and puts you back into the loop of waiting for a timer. This essentially makes your product unusable.

• It is unfortunate that TeamViewer has somehow decided that I am a commercial user. Any examination of my connection history would show that I have used this to connect to only a small number of devices during the past few years.

I am a retired computer enthusiast with a number of computers in my household. One of those sits under a table and has no monitor, so TeamViewer had been very helpful to manage this box. Alas, it seams that will no longer be possible :(

• QuietDad
    QuietDad Posts: 1

That would be fine if someone actually replied to the form that says you try an resolve things in 7 days. It's been a month or longer now and nothing.

• I have no idea...

• Thanks. I just used TV to help a friend set up a new laptop (he brought his old one to the Microsoft store to get Win10 fixed and they dropped the laptop so they gave him a new one, a very good one). That was yesterday, before that I hadn't used TV for months.

I'm at mom's where TV has been setup for years, I finally set it up for unattended and tried to dial in to my home computer and get told I am a commercial user.

Yeah, my **bleep** is a commercial user. TV9 will work fine, thanks for the tip. I just wish I interacted with more potential TV buyers so I could convey my experiences.

Regards.

• im still having this issue as well. i contacted support and they told me they fixed my account by marking it as free again, but i still get told commercial use is detected. so im stuck having to contact support again....super sad

• So, habe mal mir die Mühe gemacht das besagte Produkt ( hier **third party product** ) zu testen. Bin ehrlich gesagt überrascht. Besser als andere Produkte.
    Der Empfehlung kann ich nur zustimmen.

• [removed per Community Guidelines] I, too, used to recommend TV to family and friends (AND to business users for the paid version), but no more. (I ONLY work out of my home, three computers in three rooms, but I'm disabled, so sometimes it's easier to just dial in.  Buh-bye TV.)

• I tried **Third Party Product** and I like the option but I had once problem. You had to be on the remote computer to accept the request or give a request number (Can't remember the specifics). 

I may have been doing something wrong but that was my impression. I am using the softwared to contact a remote computer on my network in another room. 

As of today, TV still hasn't responded to any of my requests to fix this commercial joke.

• I have signed a Teamviewer statement concerning commercial use stating that I only use Teamviewer to access my laptops at my summer and winter places. I monitor my heating and cooling systems and security systems. I have talked to your support people about this and they told me not to worry about the emails from Teamviewer stating I am using it for commercial use. Now Teamviewer will not even work as it kicks me out stating it is being used for commectial use. I am SUPER disappointed!!! I guess I will have to start using a different remote access program as you are leaving me with no alternitive.

• you are rich enough to own summer and winter places? and you dont just buy their service lol. thats like a smack in the face to them i bet

• @Natascha Hello Natascha, 

I have on the PC the latest version and I was disconnected after few minutes when I connect to phone Samsung Galaxy with app Quick Support. 

I use it very rarely.

• Klas
    Klas Posts: 1

Hi,

My teamviewer says that it suspects that I have a Commercial connection and its not. How can I get this to disapear. I only connects between my own laptop and Stationary Computers