Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• I already had this problem in October 2018. I wrote to teamviewer and after a while they unlocked my account.
    Now they believe again that it is used for commercial purposes.
    I use it only to get on the pc of dad, mom and my sister.
    And I use it from my home or office pc (depending on where I am when the family needs).
    But if every time they have to block it and not have it available when I need it ... then it's useless to unblock it, I change directly the product and that's it. Just let Teamviewer say it first and I change software.
  • uniacidz
    uniacidz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yeh me too

Only use it once in a blue moon for my 75yr old mother and now this new version is saying i am a commercial entity and have to pay for it?

Also got limited to 3 minutes use.

Not cool

• Yes me to; after 10 years I use teamviewer with friends and relatives now I find myself forced to look for another "free" product. I certainly can not pay for the software as well as giving my friends time.
    In the meantime I have seen that with win 10 there is an App including remote control.
    but it's a shame because I was used to using teamviewer. I'll make a reason for it

• Teamviewer have confirmed my account is a personal one but have not set it to personal and it keeps disconnecting. I cannot contact them. How can this be fixed ?

• pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@Akala : for me the page: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/ seems to be working only for one TV ID submitted at once. Moreover, in my attempt to use the version 9 workaround, I've uninstalled 14 and reinstalled 9. So I got new TV IDs. Of course, I'm not sure which is which (which one corresponds to version 9, and which one corresponds to version 14). I've just finished submitting individual requests for all TV IDs, let's see what happens. 

• Rute
    Rute Posts: 3
    Im having the same problem. I use it fix my folks tablets. Dat is 86 and Mom is 80 and if they encounter a problem all they know is to click on the H which then connects to me and I fix their issue. Now, Teamviewer notifies me they suspect Im using it commercially...seriously?
    Im not impressed
  • JackHK
    JackHK Posts: 86
    That's sad. Did you submit the form so that TV team can follow up and investigate the case?
  • Rute
    Rute Posts: 3

I have filled in and sent in a form....not sure how long they take to respond.  Now I have to tell my folks that sorry I cant help them, and now they cant communicate with anyone.  The tablets are their lifeline and when companies behave like this, its rather sickening.

• pv7721

I was thinking of something, even if it's somewhat very utopic: we're here lots and lots of free users; what if we could "make" a "virtual corporation"? A corporate License with Unlimited Endpoints (but only 3 concurrent sessions) is "only" 125 euro / month; say we're 250 free users, for each of us that would be 0,50 euros / month. Of course, the price for unlimited sessions (or limited to 1 / 2 per user) would be higher, but we're definitely more than 250 free users... 

• JackHK
    You have to wait at least 2 weeks for them to respond to your case. I am having similar case, I submitted the form in early Jan, I got the email from TV two weeks after, but still can't use it.
    Anyway, good luck!
  • Screenshots.GIF

I can't connect with my computers. I always use Teamviewer for private. I had connect with 3-4 computers in my company for personally. Not commercial. Please help me!

• jacobus
    jacobus Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello, I am writing to ask you to solve my Teamviewer's problem.

I am not a native speaker of English and I am not good at English, so my writing may have a grammar error. So I apologize in advance.

Last time I said in this community that my trial has expired in my teamview.

But the last time my article broke the rules. So I write again.

Let me recap my present situation in this article.

I log in and use my personal account for a very personal purpose in my TeamViewer (**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs.**).

Suddenly, a Teamviewer installed on my laptop said the trial version had expired.

I couldn't help feeling embarrassed.

So I ask this community to solve my problems.

Thank you for reading my unperfect writings so far.

Then I'll finish writing. Bye.

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @nhunguyen,

Thank you for your post. 

If you connect from or to a computer in your company, this is defined as commercial use.

I recommend you to read through this article. If you think, TeamViewer falsely detected commercial use, you can fill out the form in the article to request the resolving of your issue. 

Thank you very much and have a great day.

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Hello,
    In the last days I got the message "commercial use suspected" and the connections only last 1 min.
    How can I solve it?

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @jacobus,

Thank you for your message. 

Can you please have a look at this article

Please fill out the form to send a request. :) 

Hope this could help and wish you a great day. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Mr_Wolf
    Mr_Wolf Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Hi, for some weeks, I've been getting the message that I'm using TeamViewer for commercial use, but I've always used it to connect remotely to my computers and phones (I mean: they are all devices that belong to my account).
    I tried several time to submit a ticket, but no answer. :/
  • pv7721

@Mr_Wolf : it doesn't matter if the devices you're connecting to are saved to your account or not. I can only guess what the "new" faulty algorithm does to detect non-personal usage:

- opening more than one connection at once

- opening one connection as soon as another one closes

- opening a connection over the Internet

etc. etc. 

• Mr_Wolf
    Mr_Wolf Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Ok, I just hope someone will solve this.
  • Hi,

i cant no longer use teamviewer since 2 days. Teamviewer is telling me that i used the software for business purposes, in spite of exclusive private uses.

Can you help me please to get my teamviewer back ?

thx ! :)

• Hi,

+1

Exactly the same issue.

@support team : could you please review the algorithm to determine personal and professional usage ? :) Many of us are advanced IT guys... so our usage could look like professional usage, but it isn't :s making it very frustrating, and pushing us on alternative solutions :(

Thanks,

• Well it seems us lowly peasants are not permitted to use TV any longer. I was away on holiday and attempted to log into my pc at home to play a game as i have done for a long time and was met with  the much hated "PAY US" window....

All my PC's are linked to my account and i only ever connect to them but alas this didnt stop TV killing all my pc's

Ok fine i sent off the request to reset and well.... nothing... it has been over 6 weeks and still no reply nothing. i am ultimately disappointed in the companies handling of it's userbase. if you want to cull free users then say so and move on. I have forthwith discontinued using TV at my business of which we do pay for it. It's stinks of underhanded money grab to me.

Letting everyone know that i doubt it's going to get any better and we should look for alternatives that have a little more professionalism

• I've been using TeamViewer for a long time for personal purposes.

Two weeks ago I tried to make a call with a friend of mine in Dubai (I'm from Spain) and we had several cuts because connectivity there is horrible.

In the UAE the external connections are very often restricted, so we tried, we tried and finally we could talk for some minutes but after that, I started getting a message that TeamViewer detected a commercial usage and it lets me use it for 1 minute and it stops.

I'm using it to talk to friends I have all around the world, never used for commercial purposes.

Who can help me to fix this problem, please?.

• pv7721

What we don't know, and we can only guess (but it looks very much like this is the situation), this is not a bug, but a feature (i.e. they want, for an unknown reason (at least to us), to convert free users to an expensive license). If this is the case, then there is nothing much to hope for.

• tonaz
    tonaz Posts: 14

totally agree.

it is a subtle try to convert users.

switching to **Third Party Product** or **Third Party Product**.

bye bye TV

• Akala
    Akala Posts: 9

I finally got an email to say they've set my back to free - but that was before I found out I have to list all the IDs I use and connect to, so we'll see how I go on Saturday when I try to connect to my Mother overseas. I'm not very hopeful :(

• pv7721

@Akala : I did receive the email as well, but as soon as I connected to another ID of mine, boom. The warning came again. I resubmitted the forms for all the IDs...

• Good Morning
    I've been using Teamviewer for years and I've always done well.
    I always use it in the same way, to make remote connections within my home's intranet, or to connect home from the outside, either with the iPhone, with the iPad or with the work computer.

Since a few days ago, he says he has detected a commercial use, and disconnects me.

How can this topic be reviewed?

Thank you

• JackHK
    That's very sad! ! I have similar situation and I've submitted the form since early Jan. I rec'd an email from TV saying my account will reset but in fact nothing changed with the "commercial use suspected" pump up. No hope!
  • Akala
    Akala Posts: 9

Did you try it? I tried mine for about 15 minutes today, it still gave the commercial warning at the beginning but it didn't kick me out and at the end it said free. I'll give it a proper test over the weekend with a different computer, we'll see if that makes it fall over