Posted by Arqrezz
Electron

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

I am having the same problem.. Is there a new limitation to the free license?

I just need enough time to uninstall TV and install **Third Party Product** lol

Posted by nabilishes
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

I have seen the same message from my teamviewer account. I only used them on my laptops on home desktops for personal usage. I have raised  the issue Ticket ID: 4099256 ticket to resolve the issue.

Please look into this and help me resolve.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Posted by waces
Trigon

TW update plan required

Hi,

TW thinks my free (once again: free) license is a non-free one and require plan update (cheap trick to buy) and disconnect after 5 mins. Only on windows devices even it was a simple, basic next-next-finish type of installation.

Why? How can be fixed?twissue.JPG

Posted by RbCream
Henagon

Return to non-commercial license

Personal Notebook - This is a team viewer that uses only personal PCs. We've been limited to commercial use .... Because the notebook performance is not good when you are outside or in a cafe I often use the Team Viewer. Please remove the restriction.

Posted by JohnMcC
Trigon

Re: Free License Limitation

Yes this is very annoying. I have used the free licence TV for 3 years - to connect to my computers at the cottage and occasionally help family with computer problems. Only recently have I started getting "commercial use suspected" and the forced timeouts. The latter don't seem to follow a pattern. Sometimes I can stay online for an hour or more but In the worst cases I can only stay connected for 5 mins and then reconnecting is blocked for 5 mins. If they provide a "free licence" they should be upfront about restrictions. Obviously it's now just a "trial" version and they are forcing you into a paid licence.

Posted by JohnMcC
Trigon

Re: Free License Limitation

I'm seriously considering trying out Splashtop (not free but less expensive than TV) or Chrome Remote Desktop (free).

Posted by Helper
Henagon

Re: Sorry for the interruption Your usage level has crossed the free user allowance

It would seem TeamViewer has decided that users need to verify there staus to continue to use teamviewer for Free. I hav passed this information on , but until I get down there again i wont know personaly, However I have found a lot of replies stating that using the verification has worked. Im not a user of teamviewer myself, however  im extremly dissapointed in there actions. Why did they try to force a user to buy a licence when they could have asked we verify first. Why have  they not replied to our comunity to inform us of there desicion to stop free use until we verify. Thanks for everyones input .

Posted by sxliusongyuan
Henagon

Re: Return to non-commercial license

I have the same problem!
Posted by ayushiag
Henagon

Re: Sorry for the interruption Your usage level has crossed the free user allowance

Hi, On the personal Verification link that you provided, there is a disclaimer in red saying that "Personal usage of TeamViewer is not possible on a Windows Server operating system! This automatically qualifies as commercial use and requires a license."

Does this mean we can't use TeamViewer on Windows without a license?

Posted by sdh68k
Digon

On a Windows SERVER operating system

Posted by hmray
Photon

Session timed out and cloase within 30 sec

Dear all,

I'm using teamviewer v12 (free version) for long time. But recently it suddenly blocked my connection. After I upgrade it to v13, it can let me connect for around 30 sec and then it kicked me out and said "session timed out and will be closed". What can I do to solve the problem?

(I've tried another machine and install a new teamviewer v13, the connection is fine)

Thanks

Raymond

Posted by RiverTam
Digon

I wish they hadn’t done this or would fix it quickly. I was wondering is this product free for personal use?

Posted by AlexisJane
Trigon

@ayushiag That's only for "Windows Server", not to be confused with regular "Windows". 

Posted by AlexisJane
Trigon

Mine is working fine now. I had completed the 'Personal Verification' Form.  https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/  There is a chance it has only fixed temporarily as the new month commenced, likely resetting the usage allowance. I have not heard back from TV specifically relating to the lodged request. Good luck everyone!

Highlighted
Posted by AlexisJane
Trigon

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

Mine is working fine now. I had completed the 'Personal Verification' Form.  https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/  There is a chance it has only fixed temporarily as the new month commenced, likely resetting the usage allowance. I have not heard back from TV specifically relating to the lodged request. Good luck everyone!

21 Replies
Posted by RiverTam
Digon

Hi everyone 

I sent my request in around 5pm on Friday afternoon and it was still playing up as of an hour or so ago (3pm Monday). I’ve sent another request in how long has it taken for yours to get fixed? Are other people still waiting? What does the  logfiile I’m supposed to send in look like? What info should be in it? What did you say when they asked describe how you use it? I’m not that tech savvy and said I use it to access my computer that I use as a media centre (someone else set it up) and I use it to get help from a friend if I have a problem.

Fingers crossed it gets fixed for everyone soon.

Posted by MonCaT
Henagon

I am facing the problem of "Commercial Use Suspected".  I usually connect my computer at home via my cell phone or computer in the office during office hour for personal use.  However, I am pretty sure that there are no business and commercial activities involved during my connection sessions.

I have read the page of "Commerical Use Suspected" already and confirm that my usage does not match your definition of commercial use.  Grateful if you can assist in unlocking my account at your earliest convenience, please.  Thanks.

Posted by a1d3n
Electron

This happend to me too please fix
Posted by sanghwanryu
Henagon

For commercial use

I am not comfortable with using Team Viewer for 1 minute commercial use.

Posted by jmpaq
Henagon

Re: Commercial use suspected pop-up message (Solved)

Hi, I have never used Teamviewer in a commercial environment, But I am now getting the same message.

Site nows says that tickets are for paid customers only!

Any other way of getting rid of this message?

thanks

Posted by Pizza_T_Butt
Digon

My request on this was sent to their support team 5 days ago and all I have received is an automated responce that someone will get back in touch within 30 days. What a joke.

They must have change something in their coding that now see's anyone who users their TeamViewer more than a certain amount as being a COMMERCIAL USER, not a PRIVATE USER anymore. 

I work away from home, so have setup things so I can help my partner who is not very computer literate with her downloads and other matters she needs done, and to check on things I have going on my pc when I am at work on the road via my Android TAB. And because of this they assume I am a commercial user??

Tried all the suggestions from others who experienced similar issue, but nothing changed, even a full delete of program and clean up of registry did not correct it after a new install of program.

Posted by AleImpe
Henagon

Will the problem be soon settled?

Posted by wpgcrypto
Henagon

Commercial use and no way to fight it?

I use my free version to access my main desktop pc from my laptop. usually from the same network, I got flagged for commercial use.

The canned response I got from them was basically pay up or go away. 

Is this common? It's pretty annoying, the prices they as for this is outrageous for what I am using it for.

Posted by Kingjake99
Henagon

Re: Trail Expired

I had the same issue.  I removed teamviewer then went into C:\Program Files (x86)\ and deleted the teamviewer directory.  Click start + run + %appdata% then deleted the teamviewer folder in there.  Reinstalled as personal use and I was back up and running.

%appdata% is simple a shortcut to:  C:\users\"your username"\appdata

The appdata folder is hidden by default so you will have to turn on view hidden files to see it.

Posted by gabet
Digon

Re: Commercial use suspected pop-up message

Same problem here, and now I just got kicked off when I was trying to help my nephew out. I'm constantly helping out my nephews/niece/so/friends on teamviewer.

I use it privately myself, but since I've got a long distance SO in Cali, and recently spent 3 months there, I used teamviewer to connect to my home pc all the time. Guess it's back to RDP or **Third Party Product** for me. 

That really sucks, because I'm also a giant advocate for teamviewer and have gotten it used instead of the **bleep** zoom desktop in fortune 500 companies :( Not going to be recommending it again. I refuse to pay the monthly fee to help out my family. 

I created a ticket on May 20th (#4072820). Still haven't heard anything, and I'm flying back down to Cali tomorrow. So not impressed with this.

Posted by zhaikun
Henagon

Re: Commercial use suspected pop-up message

I have submitted a ticket to Teamviewer team for several days, and have not answered yet. I do not know how many days you received the reply. I don't know when I can solve the problem. Now the PC of my family is out of order. It's really worried.
Posted by Lliothar
Henagon

TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

That's not true. Do not know what to do :( This is the first such trouble in a couple of years. HELP! I read a number of similar posts but still don't understand what to do and whom to write.

Posted by tomchir
Photon

help free use

I do not understand why my smartphone account is declared to make commercial use when it's not true. how do I unlock the problem?

Posted by Lliothar
Henagon

Please explain how to write to Support about this.
Posted by TheFatDude
Digon

Re: Free version of TeamViewer Issues

I THINK  and i'm only guessing that there is a reason people are not giving you kudos & ignoring your repetative  post stating use this form

Now and again Teamvewier has this issue, normally after a win update or a version shift & often it resolves it self in a matter of days 

Posted by nuwave
Electron

busness usage suspected

Hi,

I have a issue with teamviewer at the start that will not very a problem but now it is.

I have two laptop i use for my personnal usage... i have a tablette and a smart phone... And one computer they use for all the date sharing for all computer at home... 

the problem is that computer have no screen (because is just a file access) and have two network card on it... one for windows it self and other for a virtual machine ubuntu on it...  this is the only two computer i remotely control with teamviewer AT HOME. But now everytime i'm trying to use teamviewer to the computer or the virtual computer team viewer say busness usage suspected... 

Sorry but i use it at home and I do nothing like a compagny so i don't know what to do. And now they limited me to 5 min by session...

Posted by alansharkey
Electron

The trouble is, I can't wait "a few days" to get it fixed. For example, I need to be connected today so I can help my aged father (he's 88 and infirm) do an online grocery order. He lives 200 miles away, but this helps him eat!

[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #9 - Sales/solicitation policy]

Alan

Posted by TheFatDude
Digon

I Hear you, but there are MANY free tools that do the same & we cant really complain re customer service for something not paying for? 

Posted by adamkhancomp
Photon

Suddently getting message that i am on business network even though i am on my home network

Hi, 

If soemone can assist. I been using Teamviewer since Feburary, but now suddently started getting message "you are currently using a free version of Teamviewer on your business network." and it's asking me to upgrade. I am not on Business network. Still home computer with same internet. 

Does anyone what changed and how this issue can be rectified.

thanks

Posted by MAVERICK_
Photon

Re: Suddently getting message that i am on business network even though i am on my home network

Same for me - never had a problem before, but now it accuses me of using TeamViewer for commercial purposes and essentially taking advantage of the developers whereby I insist I use it for non-commercial purposes ONLY.
Posted by RCraddz
Digon

Keeps saying I need to buy a Professional License

I use TV13 for home usage only for myself only to remote access between 2 PCs and a Laptop, as I have for a few years and have found it a god send (save running around doing things on different screens)

For the last week I keep getting messages to upgrade to a license copy, and when I do connect 2pcs it times me out within 30 seconds and bar re-connecting for 30 minute.  

Any suggestions of a fix?

Posted by moms
Neutron

Re: Keeps saying I need to buy a Professional License

Yes, I have exactly the same problem, appeared today. I join and ask you to understand

Posted by RCraddz
Digon

Re: Keeps saying I need to buy a Professional License

TV - Pop_Up.jpgPop up I get

Posted by adamkhancomp
Photon

Re: Suddently getting message that i am on business network even though i am on my home network

We cannot contact TeamViewer directly, as this is non licensed version. So basically who should be contact.

Posted by hkenshin
Henagon

same, i dont know how to fix this. not sure what went wrong.

Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Re: connection timed out?

Hi. I'm also getting this after 30 seconds. Can someone tell me what's happening?

Posted by Xenobiot
Henagon

Sadly. It's very similar to witch hunting. I have already written a request in "Request from Commercial Use Suspended form". In this way you will only scare away old users and new ones. At the moment, Teamviewer (IMHO) is a very convenient tool. But these "jokes" are alarming.

---

Personally, I do not understand where suddenly took the suspicion of commercial use. I only have 4 PCs and 1 PC at my mom's. Yes, I often go to my home Linux-server from work (from my personal laptop). And what is commercial use now? I have never earned a penny on teamviewer in my entire life.

Posted by jonghanson
Photon

Re: Unable to log on

I had a same issue.

I'm non-commercial user.

But It show with message i can't use it anymore.

Need your help

ID :[personal information removed]

Thanks,

Best regards,

Posted by Darkassassin07
Henagon

'Commercial use detected'

I got the popup 'Commercial use Detected' for the first time the other day. The 'submit a ticket' button on the teamviewer.com says 'an error occured, please try again later' every time.

I ended up calling the support number where I spoke to a lady that told me to fill out this form:
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/?_ga=2.22957874.86009832.1528419113-...

After doing so I got three emails with three separate case numbers: 4118539, 4118378 and 4118261.

This morning I got an email reply to case 4118539 telling me that there is no commercial use Detected....

After 6 phone calls to support, three of which I was stuck in the automated system either sounding so garbled you cant tell what its saying or just ignoring me all together.

I finally got through to someone who was sympathetic and told me he would correct the issue,it should be fixed in a few min.

6hours later I'm still getting the same message then getting kicked off and blocked for 15min after a 30-60sec connection.

Both the windows application and the android app Im using to connect to it are logged into the same account and were setup with the free license over a year ago.

I have been using the free version of teamviewer for 7 years with at most one computer at a time on my account. I have recommend it to a few dozen friends including a business or two but it is suddenly completely useless and support is almost non-existent.

I dont know what to do. I dont really want to abandon a company/software that I have been using for so long :/
Posted by Schiho
Henagon

Commercial usage detected

I'm helping students in my free time by doing consulting work. Everything was working fine, untill I've got that message "You are currently using a free version of TeamViewer on your business network. TeamViewer is free for persunal use only"

Teamviewer was always a really easy to use tool, but I don't know what has changed in the management, that you guys are know hunting down 'personal users'. I had great respect for Teamviewer and their service, but now it act's like a big coorporation that's interest merely shifted to business. 

Some clever algorithms will probably detect some of "business users" but it will give a lot of false positives and headaches.

People love Teamviewer for it's easy use and it's a big benefit for teamviewer to have that mouth of word. However, putting this whole algorithms to check wheter someone is a commercial user or not, just put's Teamviewer in the row's of less attractive remote desktop tools. 

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

Same problem. Is it a bug or is it a crackdown on free uses to try to get them to pay? If TV is not going to be free for personal use they should not advertise it as so.
Posted by Lucioborello
Electron

Worked fine, solved in two days.

Thanks to all the teamviewer team for this great job! :)

Posted by bazbsg
Tetragon

You're lucky. I live 13,600 kms from my mom and I have to deal with this too. I've seen some articles that say TV fixed the problem in a couple days. But TV is now saying it could take more than a month!
Posted by Wobbly
Digon

Re: Commercial usage detected

[comment removed per Community Guidelines - #6 - Just the facts, please]

Posted by devonicka
Photon

Re: connection timed out?

I got timed out error message after less than a minute. Wait for another 5 minutes just to be able to connect for another 50 seconds.

No idea how to fix it but this is ridiculous. If they want us to purchase their license, they don't even have option for home user. I only need it to monitor stuff at my other place (since I got back and forth between two places every week).

Or could it be just a bug from their recent update??