Announcements

Remote Control for all devices running Android 7+ is here!

(Incl. Google Pixel series, Xiaomi smartphones, Oppo devices, and many more)

Learn more

Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

Bunch of hypocrites.

So after 2 weeks, I get a mail that my account has been unlocked for free, and when I give it a try, I get another commercial use detected before I can type half my password.

That does it.

I'm uninstalling your **bleep**, and I awfully regret even advising people to use it. From now on I'll be sure to tell people what a bunch of two-faced liars you are.

Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Commercial Use Detected!!!

Hi @pv7721 

You have to fill out a form for each ID... We are not able to reset more than one ID with only one form. 

Thank you and all the best,
Natascha

Highlighted
Posted by
Hexagon

@Natascha : Yes, I understood that, what I point out is that when we receive back an answer from TV, we don't know to which ID it pertain...

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Bunch of hypocrites.

I get same email some days ago, but I haven't tried it yet

Highlighted
Posted by
Hexagon

@AriannaMicrochi : have you filled the form only for the ID of your computer, or for all the IDs you connect to?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Teamviewer dont work after sblock for sospect use commercial.

Hello (i'm sorry for my english). :) I use Teamviewer for personal use. (i connect my pc from pc of my wife for personal use, because she now live  in another Country. Its 2 Device. .

Few weeks ago, Teamviewer was block my account for sospect use commercial.

So, i send email for Teamviewer and explame my real situation. And  2 days ago i have this message in my email from Teamviewer: Dear TeamViewer User, Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”. So, today i open Teamviewer, but i have message that me or my wife use teamviewer for use commercial :/ Today i was send ticket for Teamiwer, i hope that will response more fast. Or Maybe some administrator che read my message. I will send my personal Id. Thank you so much. Have nice Day.

I send another email for Support and i hope they will response more fast for me, or maybe here some administrator can read my situation, i can send my real id, in private message. 

Thanks for support.

Kind Regars.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Reset to free but nothing change

I have also, this problem with my notebook.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Yes. A form with my ID. I have only one ID!

Highlighted
Posted by
Hexagon

@AriannaMicrochi : but what are you connecting to then?!?

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

I added my parents' computers to my account. I don't remember exactly why I did it a long time ago.
Among my teamviewer contacts I see their computers, I click and I connect.

Highlighted
Posted by
Hexagon

@AriannaMicrochi : then you need to fill it again for the ID of your parents' computer.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Not only the form, I filled out the form and now they are asking me to fill out a weird paper with my name, address, and more, SIGNED, and to send it! This is ridiculous!!! And I will have to sign a paper for EACH of the IDs that I use?

I'm not tolerating such waste of time only because TeamViewer believes that I make commercial use of it. I will just simply delete my account and start again like the first day. That day when I thought TeamViewer was great, I want to give it a last chance, or else I will switch to a different alternative, free or cheap, but that won't be annoying me with commercial use warnings.

Thank you
Highlighted
Posted by
Hexagon

@marcgalmes : as they do it one ID at a time, probably yes, you'll need to sign the form as many time as they ask it. It's so ridiculous they don't see how ridiculous it is...

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: ID set as free but still shows Trial Expired

I am having the same problem. I installed it for personal use and it comes up with expired trial?

Restarting the program and PC does not change it. So how do I get it to work?

Highlighted
Senior Moderator

Hi @pjs344 

Thank you for your message. 

Please read the following article and fill out the form:
Why do I see TeamViewer trial - 'Your trial period has expired'?

Have a great weekend and all the best,
Natascha

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

It is no longer important. After receiving the email "Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free" 4 days ago, I tried it for the first time right now and it is still locked for commercial use.
At this point, I move on to **Third Party Product**
They're just wasting my time and having told me that he was back to normal now, I am deceived and the moment I need him to help my father doesn't work.

Highlighted
Posted by
Pentagon

Same here. They sent me the email for reset your ID, but I tried 7 days after still blocked. Totally waste of time. I am using another remote access software as well. :-)

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Account back to free, just 5 days bussiness

No reply since 6 days, email every day.

My account back to free, why?
Please fix my account asap

Thank you,
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

very disappointing "suspected commercial use" reply

I have been using teamviewer for years for assisting friends/family members as well as accessing my linux desktop. Have not been involved in any commercial activity. I have encountered "suspected commercial activity" for three times in a row. Each time I access my linux machine, the teamviewer pop up a message tell me that I have been locked. I then write the the teamviewer team to ask for unlock, which succeed for the first two times. However I got locked again immediately when I tried to access my linux machine--like 30 seconds after I was told unlocked.

The third time I was locked, I write to teamviewer to express my disappointment; I however received a message told me that "teamviewer cannot determine my status". What the heck? Teamviewer cannot determine my status? Then how can they tell why they can unlock me previously? Also the fact that I was locked immediately when I tried to access my linux machine is suspicious. There's clearly something very wrong with the commercial determination logic in the teamviewer product.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: "Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free"...fake message?

no, it's not a fake message, you can use TeamViewer on up to 5 computers for free, don't install third-party product becuase it would be non reliable.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Session disconnects after 5 minutes (Free License, not commercial)

I've set up a computer for remote management at my fathers house to help  him with computer problems occasionally.

I've added it to my list of computers and the connection works great, except that I get disconnected after 5 minutes, and then I have to wait for a while before re-connecting or I get an error message.

I confirm once again this Teamviewer has being used JUST for personal purpose an no for any commercial or enterprise use.

Please reactivate free user license in order to allow the personal use of packages for monitoring and management of frends and relative pcs.

If this is a limitation of the Free License, I'll rather use a different solution for this sporadic support need.

Highlighted
Senior Moderator

Re: Session disconnects after 5 minutes (Free License, not commercial)

Hi @winslow3965 

Thank you for your message.

Can you please check which version you installed on the remote side? Which version do you use?

I'm looking forward to your answer and wish you a great day.

All the best,
Natascha

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Free version (wrong installacion)

Dear all,

When I install TeamViewer I made a mistake. Instead of free versions, I installed a commercial. 

Now my licence is expired and I can't use TeamViewer. Can you halp me ttansfer the license to the free?

Best regards,

Emina 

Highlighted
Posted by
Pentagon

Re: Free version (wrong installacion)

@Emina1 wrote:

Dear all,

When I install TeamViewer I made a mistake. Instead of free versions, I installed a commercial. 

Now my licence is expired and I can't use TeamViewer. Can you halp me ttansfer the license to the free?

Best regards,

Emina 

Please deinstall the commercial version and re-install the free version. :-)

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I have the same problem. Although I have tried different versions, it did not work. And last month(or so), I have sent the feedback but recevied nothing until now...

So please help with this problem?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I am not commercial user

Please, release me about the limit
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi Natascha, version I use is the 14.2.2558 on all pcs

Highlighted
Senior Moderator

Hi there, 

Thank you for your posts. 

Can you please read the following article and fill in the form to request the unblock of your ID. 
Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

Please be aware that the unblock is valid for the TeamViewer ID you submitted via the form and not for your TeamViewer Account. Please submit a separate form per each TeamViewer ID.

Thank you in advance and have a great weekend. 

All the best,
Natascha

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

I have frequent encounters with commercial use.

I choose a personal version, but it is always detected for commercial use.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: I have frequent encounters with commercial use.

Me too...

Posted by
Digon

Re: Suspicion of Commercial use

they (teamviewer) think wrong ALL the time.. for years, can't say decade(s) they haven't been here that long.. just taking over **Third Party Product** when they didn't allow free users. thats the ONLY reason teamviewer is the size it is today, is **Third Party Product** dropped the ball. Same as myspace dropped, everyone went to facebook etc. and one day they'll leave that program (and teamviewer too)

but yes, teamviewer always "thinks" but their thinking is wrong for thousands of users for years.  Their "artificial intelligence" or "snooping bots" are off and just trying to make money, not actually care about the end user or truth of the matter. Welcome to capitalism

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Suspicion of Commercial use

they (teamviewer) think wrong ALL the time.. for years, can't say decade(s) they haven't been here that long.. just taking over **Third Party Product** when they didn't allow free users. thats the ONLY reason teamviewer is the size it is today, is **Third Party Product** dropped the ball. Same as myspace dropped, everyone went to facebook etc. and one day they'll leave that program (and teamviewer too)

but yes, teamviewer always "thinks" but their thinking is wrong for thousands of users for years.  Their "artificial intelligence" or "snooping bots" are off and just trying to make money, not actually care about the end user or truth of the matter. Welcome to capitalism

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Repeated blocking of Teamviewer

I have found Teamviewer to be an excellent product over >10 years. BUT every 6-12 months it is crippled because I am deemed using it for commercial means. I am not, I am 83 years old and can still help my family and friends. This action appears to be triggeredwhen I take about an hour supporting my sister in the UK. It can take a week or more for Teamviewer to rectify the problem. I have now come to the point that this problem has occurred too often. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

sorry but me is too,i used the software for my pc and after leave my connect because teamviewer support say at me use the software for commercial.  Why?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Incorrect designation

I am sick and tired of constantly receiving messages of suspected commercial use.
Nothing can be further from the truth.

I contacted Teamviewer and got a fine example of double-talk

How can I "convince" the system that I am using the programme privately?

Highlighted
Posted by
Hexagon

Re: Incorrect designation

@Expert2 precisely because it's a system you can't convince it and all our complaints fall into TV's deaf ears so unless use an alternative or get one of those hugely expensive licenses you and everyone that make a personal use of TV will continue receiving this shaming labeling.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Wrongfully tagged as comercial use

Hello, I have a problem. I installed the commercial version by accident. I would like to change it to a non-commercial version, it is a possibility. I can not afford a subscription.
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Wrongfully tagged as comercial use

Reinstall Teamviewer and make sure to select personal use.

Highlighted
Posted by
Hexagon

Re: Incorrect designation

Meh, just saw a 20% discount offer for the 1st year, which means that nevertheless the cheapest 1 seat licence is almost 270 euros per year (again, for the 1st year only).

Highlighted
Posted by
Pentagon

Commercial use

I had been through this exercise some time ago. I was suspected of commercial use and blocked and filled in the form and waited over a month before I was allowed to use TV again.

Last week I was traveling on vacation. I stayed in a few different hotels. In one of them when I connected to my home to see my security cameras, I got a pop up that said they KNEW I was using it commercially. I was allowed to continue and I haven't been blocked again yet but I'm still concerned that I will be soon.

So what about being in a hotel and checking my home means that I am commercial use?

Highlighted
Posted by
Hexagon

Re: Commercial use

@bazbsg : it's just an educated guess, but from the messages I see on this topic, it seems that Personal use has been restricted to almost nothing, I get flagged for connecting on the same network to another computer... but it also seems that they flag almost everything that goes over the Internet (probably through their servers) And basically once you get flagged, there seems to be no going back (unless you pay big bucks, of course)

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Repeated blocking of Teamviewer

I have discovered that this time I have NOT been blocked for commercial reasons. Apparently Teamviewr has changed so much that all my quick support user friends will be disconnected in 5 minutes because quick support is out of date, in fact when going to update I can find no option to install the latest version, instead the full version only appears to be available. With this installed on the client computer there is no advice that a disconnect will occur in 5 minutes. That is a relief..

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Commercial use

I also have same problem. Is the problem solved ?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Free Version - Received notification ID reset - Still Not Working - Trial Expired

I use Teamviewer for personal use only. On March 11th, 2019 after submitting this form once before, I received an email from <mailings-noreply@teamviewer.com> That stated:
"Dear TeamViewer User,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We are happy to inform you that your TeamViewer ID has been reset to “free”. After reviewing your request, we decided that your use case can be qualified as “personal”.

Awesome... But the client on my PC still says "Trial Expired" and after following several steps listed in the community to see if my client would update to Personal Use, it has not worked. This is a Windows 10 Home PC, not a server.

I have tried restarting the Teamviewer Service, Rebooting the PC, logging out and back in via the client, selected "check for license update," and a combination of all the above. No matter what I try, it will not reset the Trail Version Expired status. I have not re-installed the client and my ID is the same as when I requested help and was approved for free use. 

Can someone help?

Thank you,
Ed

Highlighted
Senior Moderator

Re: Free Version - Received notification ID reset - Still Not Working - Trial Expired

Hello @EddieV,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please verify the ID where the message appears is the same ID that you submitted on the form? It could be the other ID in the connection that is flagged. If this were the case, the other ID would need its own form in order to remove the message.

Please restart both sides and try the connection again. If the issue persists, please submit the form for the second ID.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Commercial use alert every few weeks.. its driving me crazy.

I only use teamviewer to connect to my computers when I'm out of town.

This is probably the 8th time in a row this has happened now. I'm not doing anything dodgy i'm literally just remoting in to my home security pc and my study computer. 
Waiting 2 weeks to get the commerical use alert removed to use it again is annoying and within a couple of weeks it comes back. ARGH.
Cant something be done, teamviers commercial detection doesnt work.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

TeamViewer shows as expired trial

A while ago TeamViewer swtiched to trial for no reason, and it expired.

I used the official form to reset my ID to personal/free usage, and several days later I received a confirmation that my ID had indeed been reset. However, nothing changed, TeamViewer still showed as an expired trial.

I used a different contact method to ask for further assistance. Never received a response.

A few days ago I used the Feedback form in TeamViewer, and received a useless automated response.

I came across advice to restart the TeamViewer service, however I use the portable version, there is no service. I even installed the standard/installable version, and it also shows as a trial version.

I don't know if the whole ID reset process is automated and if it usually works and I'm an exception, but I can't help but feel **bleep** around.

If nothing can or will be done about this, I would at least appreciate a direct answer so I can try and find alternatives.

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: TeamViewer shows as expired trial

Hi @NRANM ,

thank you for your post. Could you please send me your Email address in a DM, so that I can check if we have received the form?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the caused inconvenience. 

Have a nice weekend,

Alena :)

Spanish Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below. You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
English Community |  Deutsche Community | 日本語コミュニティ |  中文社区 | Communauté française | Comunidad española

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Free Version - Received notification ID reset - Still Not Working - Trial Expired

Do you want me to post the ID here in the forum? I tried re-submitting the form a while back, but kept getting an error. That is why I was posting in the forum instead. 

Thanks!

Ed

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hi Natascha, 

I'm experiencing the same problem of "expired trial" even if my TeamViewer ID has been reset to free. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the soft, clean the registry, all the tips and tricks I could find online, but still, the situation remains the same on this computer. 

By "restart the TeamViewer service", you mean the service running on the computer I'm trying to access ?

Because I don't know what else I should do on the computer I'm using to access the remote computer ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Maxime Jacottin